Mirage Daydream (2013)

Mirage Daydream by Oriflame
Bottle Design Studio Pi Design

Mirage Daydream is a limited perfume by Oriflame for women and was released in 2013. The scent is sweet-gourmand. The production was apparently discontinued. Limited Edition

Marie Salamagne

Top Notes Top NotesChestnut, Whipped cream
Heart Notes Heart NotesArabic jasmine, Lily, Vanilla
Base Notes Base NotesCocoa, Peru balsam, Cedar

Submitted by Joe, last update on 19.04.2019.

10.0 3.0 7.0 8.5/10

Bcars10
Pink ruffles and unicorn clouds
This is a delightful little gem of a perfume. The Swedes really know how to put a scent together! I am looking forward to more by this house, and I wish they were easier to procure in the United States.

Initially, I wasn’t too impressed with this scent. It was sweet and musky with a slight creaminess to my nose, and I thought it was rather bland and generic. About an hour later the jasmine began to emerge, but it was in a very odd way. As I sniffed my wrist, it still seemed mostly sweet and musky, but around my head was swirling this beautiful creamy-vanilla-jasmine! It smelled SO GOOD! But whenever I sniff my wrist, I do not smell this. That phenomenon is just so intriguing to me!

Sillage is moderate; it doesn’t project much further than arm’s length, I’d say, and I sprayed two on the back of my neck/hair, once on my chest, and once on each arm. Longevity is about 6 hours, then it fades away.

I received this perfume in a swap. I was drawn to it because of the chestnut note, combined with the whipped cream. I really wanted to experience that, and it did not disappoint! This is an underrated gem, and I’m so glad I can include it in my collection. The bottle is very pretty: pink and “ruffled,” which is how this perfume smells!

I think this would be office, school, and church safe. Anyone getting close to you will be swept away into a creamy and fluffy pink cloud! It truly is a Daydream in a bottle.

Overall, I give this one an 8.5/10. I just wish it were *slightly* stronger and a bit less sweet at the top.
5.0 2.0 2.0 4.0/10

A modern Alice in Wonderland
The description of the perfume caught my attention as I love soft and sweet scents. The original "Mirage" perfume would have been nothing for me, but its delicate sequel "Mirage Daydream" seems like a perfect fit. Unfortunately my skin seems to suck in the scent immediately. It's a short lived pleasure experiencing the scent. When I first sprayed it, I liked that the diffuser diffuses very precisely. Only a soft cloud of perfume comes out of it and doesn't leave the skin wet. It's a creamy opening that bursts into a vanilla cloud right away. So I smell a bit of whipped cream and lots of vanilla when smelling my wrists. The funny thing is that when I move and walk around while wearing the fragrance, I sense something totally different. I never encountered this before as my other scents behave differently, but then there is a very powdery floral scent of lily in my nose instead. So I can draw comparisons to the scent being dreamy/creamy, light, cloudy and soft. To go along with the modern Alice in Wonderland I see a picture of the part of the book before my eyes, where Alice encounters the talking flowers. And there are mainly lilies talking. This composition is not bad, but I wished it lasted longer and would have been a bit more complex. The smell is nice, but the chestnut is missing as well as the cocoa. The lasting power on myself is quite few, so it doesn't even come to a oriental woody base that would have been interesting to see how this develops and fits to the powdery sweet floral side. After all it gets lost in all the softness and lightness making it too soft and light for me.

Bcars10 2 years ago
I smell cream, vanilla, musk, and jasmine. Gets less sweet and more floral as time goes on. It's whisper-light, but surrounds me--Delicious!+3
10.0
3.0

Popular Oriflame

Love Potion (Eau de Parfum) by Oriflame Amber Elixir by Oriflame Mirage by Oriflame Amber Elixir Night by Oriflame Architect by Oriflame Amethyst Fatale by Oriflame Giordani Gold Original / Giordani Gold (Eau de Parfum) by Oriflame Enigma by Oriflame Felicity by Oriflame Pretty Swan by Oriflame Paradise (Eau de Parfum) by Oriflame M by Marcel Marongiu by Oriflame Lovely Garden by Oriflame Giordani Gold Man / Giordani Man by Oriflame Flamboyant by Oriflame Precious Moments by Oriflame Men's Collection - Dark Wood by Oriflame My Naked Truth by Oriflame Volare (2010) by Oriflame Volare (2014) by Oriflame