Gentry Jockey Club (2017)

Version from 2017
Gentry Jockey Club (2017) by Oriza L. Legrand

Gentry Jockey Club (2017) is a popular perfume by Oriza L. Legrand for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is leathery-woody. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesItalian bergamot, Comorian ylang-ylang, Saffron
Heart Notes Heart NotesDalmatian iris, Bulgarian rose, Leather notes, Patchouli, Birch
Base Notes Base NotesIndian sandalwood, Tonka bean, Ambrette, Ambergris, Haitian vetiver

Submitted by Turandot, last update on 28.12.2018

9.0 8.0 8.0 7.5/10

Flowerbeds on the Jockeyplatz
Well, I'm really not a horse racing friend and I don't have the smell of a jockey club right in my nose. But I can understand very well why the fragrance house Oriza L. Legrand, which I appreciate so much, combines this composition with horse racing. The three fragrances change in alternating concentration around each other... the flowery notes of the borders on the Jockeyplatz... the leather of the horse saddles... the agitated dark earth in the form of a hearty, smoky vetiver, through which an occasional hint of cigar smoke from a gnarled bookmaker wafts... This produces very nice pictures - and yet in its interplay it is an enormously independent but also quite bulky and not very harmonious affair.

The leather and vetiver notes - especially towards the end of the fragrance - have a beautiful, dark core. But what my skin can't cope with is a "flower stalk note" that reminds me of freshly cut flower stalks and covers the scent almost continuously with a slightly acidic layer that I can hardly bear. So far I haven't found a floral scent that my skin really likes, and the beautiful leather and vetiver parts in the "Gentry Jockey Club" can't wear out this embrasure either.

What a pity, as an Anglophile fragrance lover I would have liked "Gentry Jockey Club" and tried for a long time to get hold of a sample of the youngest Oriza L. Legrand. Thanks to an incredibly friendly offer from Parfuma Salander, I was finally allowed to try it. Even if it does not harmonize with my skin, it is a Legrand typical, finely made, very characteristic scent that could please lovers of olfactory challenges. There is nothing to complain about lacking durability and Sillage in any case!