Relique d'Amour (2012)

Version from 2012
Relique d'Amour (2012) by Oriza L. Legrand

Relique d'Amour (2012) is a perfume by Oriza L. Legrand for women and men and was released in 2012. The scent is woody-floral. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesLeaves, Aleppo pine
Heart Notes Heart NotesWhite lily, Pepper, Linseed, Terebinth, Frankincense, Myrrh, Elemi resin
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Moss, Polished wood, Blond woods, Pepper

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 17.06.2019

This fragrance is part of the 1900 Universal Exhibition Collection.

8.0/10

Allergic to Love
Relique d'Amour means relic of love but for me the relic is a bright red rash on both sides of my neck where I sprayed it on. This is the second time it happened. The first time, I meant to take it off my perfume shelves, but forgot. Only after starting to itch once again did I remember. I'm on rash day 3, so do test this well on hand or wrist before taking it to your more tender neck. This morning I made a paste of oatmeal, milk and baking soda and smeared it on. Some relief, but not much. Next I'm cutting a leaf of aloe from my yard and trying that. If all else fails, I have a cortisone cream to try. Nature first, chemicals as a last resort.

Assuming you're not allergic...my guess is the culprit is pine, or perhaps there's nettle among those herbs...this is a fresh, deeply resinous and involving perfume. Elemi makes almost anything smell beautiful. Adding frankincense and myrrh, moss and musk sends this over the edge of piney, woody, herbal, sweetly incensed gorgeousness. I long to wear it, but I can't. My loss.
5.0 2.5 7.0/10

Kxnaiades
Attending mass on a cold morning in a quiet village.
I don't usually read the marketing blurb before trying a scent, it's usually the notes that sway me. However this story matches its scent. I can picture the cold quiet morning like other reviewers, the freshly cut lilies arranged in a quiet elegance on the altar, the cold air from the outside bringing in a drift of the freshness of pine trees laden with powdered snow. The pine note reminds me more of Nuit Etoilee than Chypre Rouge. This scent is as refreshingly sweet and pleasing like Nuit Etoilee too. I smell the elemi resin that I first came across in C'est la Fete Patchouli. The incense is not heavy in this scent, it is more fresh than a smouldering oriental featuring incense. It would be like sitting in the back pews of a crowded church and catching the wift of incense drifting back towards you. I agree this is quite sublime and another to go on my want list. I very much enjoy the creations of this house so far, although the sillage and longevity I could wish for better. For Relique D'Amour, the sillage is quiet and the longevity moderate, it stays longer on clothes but not apparent unless close up.
7.0/10

Mujo
Walking into an old church
Relique D'Amour is a lovely scent. It's actually a quite accurate interpretation of walking into a church. You get whiffs of incense, but also the scent of the damp stone church walls, wax candles, lily and polished wood. Although not listed I smell some citrus in there aswell, this must be the elemi. Imo Relique d'Amour is a soft sillage scent, which is great because I feel like it's more a personal journey.

I will have to test it some more to find out if it is full bottle worthy to me. Nevertheless I'm very impressed with this one. It's surprisingly wearable. I will surely test the others fumes by Oriza L. Legrand.
7.5 2.5 2.5 8.0/10

Drseid
This Is What A Lily Smells Like...
Relique d'Amour opens with a life-like watery lily floral adding gentle peppery angelica support. As the fragrance enters the early heart the lily continues as star alongside the now more prominent peppery angelica, with subtle green pine, oak wood and yellow dusty pollen support. As the composition reaches the late dry-down, it stays relatively linear with the peppered lily remaining through the end as the fragrance's life cycle comes to its all too brief conclusion. Projection is below average with the fragrance only slightly more than a skin scent and longevity is relatively poor at 3-4 hours on skin.

Relique d'Amour really is a pretty minimalist linear composition on the whole. The lily and peppery angelica dominate from start to finish, with what you smell early-on remaining pretty much through the finish. It would be all too easy to dismiss the composition as too simplistic or boring, but that really is far from the case. The lily is super photo-realistically accurate and the peppery angelica compliments it surprisingly well. One other notable observation is what can only be described as a pollen-like supporting accord that is quite uncommonly used, working so brilliantly here. As far as I am concerned if a composition smells *this* good it can be as minimalist and linear as it likes, not detracting from its enjoyment one iota. The only minor letdown is in the relatively poor performance metrics, but I suspect that is par for the course in compositions like this one. The bottom line is the 120 euro per 100ml bottle Relique d'Amour is a gorgeous lily focused composition that is deceptively simple but all too amazingly realistic, earning a "very good" to "excellent" 3.5 to 4 stars out of 5. I think with the performance metrics as they are, it is a bit pricey, but there is no denying the tremendous ingredient quality used and the resulting composition success... Lovers of compositions like Lys Mediterranee should endeavor to sniff this one for sure!