Secret Joly 2018

Version from 2018
Secret Joly (2018) by Oriza L. Legrand
Secret Joly (2018) is a perfume by Oriza L. Legrand for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is floral-spicy. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesJasmineJasmine HyacinthHyacinth
Heart Notes Heart NotesYlang-ylangYlang-ylang GardeniaGardenia TuberoseTuberose Jasmine sambacJasmine sambac
Base Notes Base NotesCivetCivet HoneyHoney Tobacco leafTobacco leaf Tonkin muskTonkin musk BenzoinBenzoin Peru balsamPeru balsam

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 27.07.2022.

A familiar surprise
A sample of this was given to me by a generous swap partner. I did a test spray in the sink, thought: Hm! Floral! - and left the room.

When I came back some time later, the scent had developed, it was darker, spicier, heavier, and I thought: Hey, I know this perfume! I know it very well, but oh, what is it... I couldn't remember.

The answer came to me the same evening, when I was sorting out some samples I had made from bottles I recently sold, to keep as a memory. And there it was. Loewe Gala. That's what Secret Joly reminded me of, very strongly. When I look at the notes for the two perfumes, they are not strikingly similar, but I find that the scent is. If Gala had not been discontinued, but was still sold in a slightly modernized and reformulated version, I believe this would be it. A heavy blend of jasmine, ylang, civet, benzoin and some other sweet, dark and dirty ingredients. Smooth, velvety feel.

In my review of it, I described Gala as a forgotten treasure, something I once loved but saved for too long and now it sadly doesn't suit me anymore. I will probably not start wearing Secret Joly either, but it was surprising to see how two unrelated perfumes can be so similar. It made me curious about the brand in general, and I might try to find other samples.

KuraiKurai 4 months ago
I like the opening: retro heavy florals with a civet kick, but as soon as it settles down I get a rubbery note that annoys me. Pity.

Popular by Oriza L. Legrand

Vetiver Royal Bourbon (2014) by Oriza L. Legrand Rêve d'Ossian (2012) by Oriza L. Legrand Le Régent by Oriza L. Legrand Horizon by Oriza L. Legrand Œillet Louis XV (2012) by Oriza L. Legrand Cuir de l'Aigle Russe (2015) by Oriza L. Legrand Foin Fraîchement Coupé (2013) by Oriza L. Legrand Chypre Mousse (2013) by Oriza L. Legrand Violettes du Czar (2014) by Oriza L. Legrand Relique d'Amour (2012) by Oriza L. Legrand Héliotrope (2014) / Héliotrope Blanc by Oriza L. Legrand Déjà Le Printemps (2012) by Oriza L. Legrand Peau d'Espagne (2022) by Oriza L. Legrand Scotch Lavander (2020) by Oriza L. Legrand Jardins d'Armide (2013) by Oriza L. Legrand Gentry Jockey Club (2017) by Oriza L. Legrand Empire des Indes by Oriza L. Legrand L'Eau de Corse by Oriza L. Legrand Marions Nous (2014) by Oriza L. Legrand Muguet Fleuri (2014) by Oriza L. Legrand