Be 21 by Orlane / Jean d'Albret
Be 21 is a perfume by Orlane / Jean d'Albret for women and was released in 2001. The scent is floral-powdery. It is still in production.

Richard Herpin

Top Notes Top NotesCardamom, Red peach, Cinnamon
Heart Notes Heart NotesPistachio blossom, Ylang-ylang, Iris
Base Notes Base NotesCashmere wood, Heliotrope, Vanilla, Mysore sandalwood, Tonka bean

Submitted by MartinGE, last update on 01.11.2020.

"Embrace me" Fragrance
When I received a sample of this fragrance in one of the exchange packages of the last months, I first waved. My collection should shrink but that was once again more a wishful thinking. When I tested B21 I immediately thought that I didn't need it. The prelude was much too dry for me although I like spices in fragrances very much, this combination gave me a good nod. But what developed on my skin in the next half hour was just a dream. Wonderfully cuddly creaminess that envelops in the most pleasant way. I feel safe here, it's a scent just for me. The Fullsize is moved in immediately with me and is used since then much and gladly on days where I feel in the morning already a strong embrace needs to get through the day.
Sonnenwende
Old girls like to cuddle too
No, I don't want to be 21 again.
Not looking for me the way I want to be, but happy to be the way I am.
And yet there are days when I feel thin-skinned -
Seeking peace to withdraw me.
Or there are the sunny, happy days. They are unspectacular, but absolutely harmonious, in harmony with me and the world.
Whatever the mood. I like to use this scent every now and then.

The first impression is at first somewhat synthetic. Just as if peach, cinnamon and cardamom had to find their way through the Celophan packaging. But it evaporated quickly.
Soon the top note forms a harmonious connection with the skin
with cardamom and cinnamon discreetly restraining themselves.
Ylang-ylang and iris line up in a flowery fragrance. The pistachio blossom comes with nutty accents. Not heavy, but slightly almond.
The lasting impression is dominated by heliotrope, vanilla and tonka bean. A slightly woody note prevents the fragrance from becoming too sweet.

Be 21 is a pleasant feel-good fragrance with good durability and silage.
It creates a positive atmosphere and invites you to snuggle up.
And when my husband, with whom I have been together for 39 years, then takes me in his arms and tells me how well I smell, then yes...I feel better than with 21...;-)

Recalling the youth
I was in love with 21 and I still am although nowadays I am not able to find it anymore.
This scent is so uplifting and young and yellow/white! Cardamon and cinnamon are right at the beginning. And that is great. But it does not make the scent spicy and do not overwhelm the floral aspect.Everything is warm, clean and well rounded.

pretty, but no pushover
Be 21 is a lovely, very feminine scent that has decent sillage but won't offend anyone. Early on, its peach and cinnamon notes are most prominent. Eight hours later, it's more powdery and woody/vanillic. It's clean without being a "laundry scent" and powdery without being babyish. It's really a marvel of balance, and I'm grateful to Lorilavira and reviewers on other sites who have said that this one is really something special. Based on the reviews and the notes, I found a mini on eBay and am very happy with it. I could imagine both a high school student and an elderly woman wearing this scent and enjoying it very much.

Heaven on Earth
One word "Love". I really adore this scent and it's my signature scent since four years, but it get competition from "PG-Tonkamande" which is also a creamy- clean-sensuel scent. Be 21 is a fragrance i ever searched for it's a wonderful clean/soft,creamy/sensual and slightly sweet/woody perfume.I'm happy that i tried the scent in those days.

At the beginning the scent is very fresh and spicy, i smell the cinnamon and the oriental notes but after a while it becomes softer and creamy,sensual i smell heliotrope and the cashmere wood. Then it becomes sweeter i love the tonka bean and vanilla in it and also the woody background.
Be 21 last a long time and is good for the colder day's and the spring time. I'm addicted to the smell i'm so happy that i have one bottle of this awesome scent and i'm sure when this bottle end i buy a second one.

by Aggeliki
by Delidazo87
by Tandi
by Tandi

Popular Orlane / Jean d'Albret

Derrick (Eau de Toilette) by Orlane / Jean d'Albret Fleurs d'Orlane (1983) by Orlane / Jean d'Albret Princesse d'Albret (Eau de Toilette) by Orlane / Jean d'Albret Les Bouquets d'Orlane - Autour de l'Iris by Orlane / Jean d'Albret Les Bouquets d'Orlane - Autour du Coquelicot by Orlane / Jean d'Albret Casaque Homme by Orlane / Jean d'Albret Écusson (Eau de Cologne Parfumée) by Orlane / Jean d'Albret Écusson (Parfum) by Orlane / Jean d'Albret Eau d'Orlane (1992) by Orlane / Jean d'Albret Messire (Eau de Toilette) by Orlane / Jean d'Albret Écusson (Eau de Toilette) by Orlane / Jean d'Albret Les Bouquets d'Orlane - Autour de la Rose by Orlane / Jean d'Albret