2. Nawab of Oudh Parfum (2012)

2. Nawab of Oudh Parfum by Ormonde Jayne

2. Nawab of Oudh Parfum is a popular perfume by Ormonde Jayne for women and men and was released in 2012. The scent is spicy-woody. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Geza Schön

Top Notes Top NotesAldehydes, Bergamot, Green notes, Cardamom, Orange absolute
Heart Notes Heart NotesHedione, Laurel, Magnolia, Orchid, Pimento, Rose, Cinnamon
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergris, Labdanum, Musk, Oud, Vetiver

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 29.07.2019

This fragrance is part of "The Four Corners of the Earth" collection. It was originally referred to 'Eau de Parfum', but subsequently rebranded to 'Parfum', in accordance to the actual perfume oil concentration (35%).

8.0 8.0 9.0 9.0/10

Novalis
... i don't like rose BUT..
Short and painless:
Anything special? Yes
What for me? Hmm, I guess so.
Similarity to another fragrance? I think he has approaches of (maybe now some readers tear me apart) but with Escentric Molecule, Escentric 04. The creator is the same gentleman. Here, of course, the ingredients cannot be compared. Not even with all the facets. this one is ahead.

Here grapefruit comes through very strongly. I think the rose is a little weak. At the beginning it still has the upper hand a bit, but paradoxically it does not prevail or rather makes you tired.

Nevertheless, the ingredients are perfectly matched to each other.

Great and successful
7.0 7.0 9.0/10

Oriental transparency
Far too seldom do I have this wow effect when I smell a perfume for the first time, which is only triggered when a fragrance appears to be of particularly high quality, complex and surprising. This was the case with Nawab of Oudh. Something really comparable I have not yet been able to test - that much is certain.

As a matter of principle, I always spray on a paper strip first, which often gives me an impression that deviates from the skin test. In this case, it quickly became clear to me that the fresh top note, which I clearly perceived on paper, is less noticeable on the skin. Nevertheless, Geza Schön's creation has a strong form of brightness, which initially has an almost ethereal character. In the first minutes, many different scents meet: Besides the aforementioned bright, diffuse note, it is above all a lot of spice that gives Nawab of Oudh its oriental charisma. I can filter out the smell of pimento grains, as well as something peppery, but otherwise, without looking at the notes, it is difficult to name anything clearly. A discreet bitter-green facet is only noticeable fleetingly, whereas the orange and light-floral notes, which for me do not match the typical rose scent, noticeably come to the fore.

Actually, I like almost every form of citrus note, as long as it is accompanied by a certain freshness - from strong lemony to bitter green - but orange tends in a fruity-sweet direction, which I usually don't like. According to the top note, Nawab of Oudh is relatively strongly influenced by this orange sweetness and the cinnamon that is now added creates a rather Christmassy impression. In this respect, I can understand the comparison with Chanel's Égoïste mentioned here in a statement, because it also has a cinnamon-fruit combination (apple instead of orange), discreet light floral notes and a warm woody base. I can't perceive Oud here at any time. In general, it takes quite a while until I would assign the category 'woody'. In any case, the transparency and airiness created by the use of aldehydes, probably Iso-E-Super, and other ingredients, makes something woody shine through again and again. But only when the spices and orange have calmed down a little does a dreamlike beautiful note reveal itself, which reminds me of sandalwood. Thus Nawab of Oudh has for me a more than conciliatory conclusion, because with the stronger woodiness the sweetness is dimmed. In this last section the rose also appears and gives the basic chord an even softer character.

Nawab of Oudh keeps on your skin for a long time, but with time you get the impression that the scent only radiates close to your skin. However, this is due to the habituation, because already several times when I entered my living room, I could feel only from the small perfume sample in the air this wonderful warm wooden chord. I believe that due to the transparency and lightness typical for many of Geza Schön's creations, the wearer leaves behind a less violent, dense veil of scent, which can nevertheless be perceived very well, because the scent adheres less to the body.

From Ormonde Jayne I was able to test six fragrances including this one so far and even if there was none that I wanted to buy in the end, they all convinced me in terms of quality. Nawab of Oudh is too spicy and sweet for me, especially in the middle section of its scent, but nevertheless I would absolutely recommend a test to expand your own scent horizon.
10.0 10.0 10.0/10

IMMACULATE
Dear Friends,
I am an enthusiast in search of heavenly scents.Since I discovered Egoiste of Chane en of 1980s , it was very hard for me to rate other perfumes due to my own rating and characterization system of perfumes. I finally met Nawab of Oudh which has nothing to do with oud in smellwise but in longetivity vise and settlement you can detect some similar particles.
Overall this perfume is the lighter and more qualified version of Egoiste in a better way.
I personally thank to Ceza Schön fr this great masterpiece.

by MrFumejunkie
by MrFumejunkie
by Amber9
by Amber9

Popular Ormonde Jayne

Ormonde Man (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Vanille d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Ormonde Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Tolu (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne 2. Nawab of Oudh Parfum by Ormonde Jayne Ta'if (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Isfarkand (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne 4. Montabaco Parfum by Ormonde Jayne Zizan (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Frangipani (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Orris Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Black Gold by Ormonde Jayne Ambre Royal by Ormonde Jayne 4. Montabaco Intensivo by Ormonde Jayne 2. Nawab of Oudh Intensivo by Ormonde Jayne Champaca (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Tiare (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Osmanthus (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Sampaquita (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Rose Gold by Ormonde Jayne