Ormonde Man 2004 Eau de Parfum

Ormonde Man (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne
Ormonde Man (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Ormonde Jayne for men and was released in 2004. The scent is woody-spicy. It is still available to purchase.

Geza Schön

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Cardamom, Coriander, Pink pepper, Juniper berry
Heart Notes Heart NotesOud, Hemlock fir
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Cedar

Submitted by TVC15, last update on 16.05.2021.

Gdog
Coniferous forest at the edge of the field
I walk along a narrow trail at the edge of the field, hemmed in by the lush ears of corn plants on the right and the low-hanging, heavy fir branches on the left. The ground is covered with roots and scattered grasses. The earth is scrawny and full of cracks. Small clouds of dust swirl up with each step, drying out the air. The warm late summer sun is over the field, but only just peeking over the treetops. It makes the corn plants give off a grassy smell and ensures that the spruce cones in the conifer forest are closed. The firs brave the dry air and weigh it down with a rich green scent of needles. The beechnuts that have fallen in the meantime from the beech trees - which occasionally break through the coniferous forest - add a spicy note to the olfactory chord. In the distance, a lawn mower sounds and makes the late summer moment perfect.

______________

The scent smells like hay, grasses and fir to me. In addition, there are spicy chords, which probably come from cardamom and pepper. In the Auftrakt it is quite strong, isolated citrus notes break through the green signature. In the course, these fade away, leaving a dry, spicy-green note that lasts a long time.

The fragrance is very versatile for me, but especially recommended in everyday life (work / leisure). The durability is well above average, but not top-tier (with 8h you can expect).

One will inspire his environment. Hardly anyone (outside the Parfumo world) will know the fragrance. Ormonde Man is interesting, complex, but mainstream suitable. A successful composition.

I am curious about your opinions!
Hansel and Gretel
Hansel and Gretel got lost in the (fir) forest.
It was less dark and also not quite so bitterly cold.
They came to a cottage of gingerbread fine. (and sweet stuff)
Who might the master of this little house be?

It's... Geza Schön!

So, enough with the fairy tale lesson. However, my slightly different text from the original, I admit it yes, first clues to the fragrance from the house of Ormonde Jayne should provide.

Ormonde Man presents itself at the beginning with a clear load of fir, but in a friendly and bright garb. The scent doesn't seem harsh, sharp or bitter to my nose. From the beginning, friendly and harmonious vibrations underpin this fragrance.

However, the fragrance also brings a decent amount of sweetness with it, I had not expected so.
This develops in the drydown more and more and I must say, I like that in this case not quite so good. Although this makes the fragrance seem very friendly, but he would have liked to be a little darker and darker. But that is a personal taste.

The whole thing is accompanied by spicy notes and woody parts, which also remain clearly perceptible in the course. The partly strong associations to Christmas and winter can not be hidden, insofar the fragrance is a suitable companion for the current time.

Durability I feel as quite good, Silage is not penetrating and to rate as pleasant.

Linda Jayne, founder of the house said so beautifully that her goal was to combine elements that she believes make up true elegance. Namely, the quality of English craftsmanship, the art of French perfumery and the sensuality and natural harmony of the Orient.

I think, measured by this sentence, Ormonde Man is really well done and could almost not serve better as an example of this yet very great statement.

Oh and by the way, I could also quite imagine that not only Hensel can wear this fragrance. Also with Gretel quite conceivable :)
Subtle woodland
This perfume even elicits a comment from me.
It is incredibly subtly elegant and beautifully balanced. In the top note I can definitely smell and understand the parallels to the one edp. But here it is much more natural and fine. Fine spices and freshness. But what one can expect at this price. (Unfortunately, this is not the case with every high-priced one.) From the heart, however, it goes in a different direction. Then the woodiness comes with a light sweetness. But nevertheless masculine. A high pleasure for the autumn he would be not so expensive so he would pass for the season as my signature fragrance. If the Extrait de Parfum there again a shed on it can put I am flat. I think I have found my Christmas wish :)
PS thanks to Aglianico for the great sharing!
PPS if someone knows a good cheap alternative, please let us know :D
FFL
Can I cut back a little?
This title question is heard in our modern times, in which fasting, renunciation and FdH are becoming more and more fashionable. Does it have to be the schnitzel with fries again, or do we turn off to the salad buffet? The new Apple Watch made of stainless steel, or is aluminium enough? Ice cream but please with cream... ...or without? And suddenly I was faced with the question: Ormonde Man with 50% oil concentration, or is 30% enough? But let's start from the beginning.

While browsing through the top 30 men's fragrances in our favorite perfume database, I came across Ormonde Man (perfume). Of course, I ordered a bottling, and while you're at it, I ordered a "normal" eau de parfum (far outside the top 100) as well. If the highly concentrated version is really so much better, I wanted to investigate soberly and empirically.

Even before the samples arrived, I had already informed myself at Ormonde Jayne, London, how the rabbit generally runs. There were 30%, 40% and 50% concentrations, the friendly mail support told me. The first variant in a standard spray bottle, the last two variants either as a filling in the same (unfortunately with "Eau de Parfum" instead of "Parfum") or as a filling in a fancy bottle with a red cord around the bottle neck, then with "Parfum" writing, but unfortunately without the actual perfume name on it - you only have "generic" bottles for the so-called "Made-to-Measure" fragrances ("tailor-made concentration"). Sip.

When I asked the support team why the 30% concentration is called "eau de parfum", even though according to Wikipedia an EdP only has "10-20% aromatic compounds" (phew, my English was just about enough), the only answer was "we understand that this can be confusing". Hihi, well, Ormonde Jayne has his own definition and just hits the 12th. Up to now I always thought that the 42% offered by Profumum Roma is the highest of feelings. Well then, at 50% you can actually speak of "Explosion de Parfum", even above Pure Perfume / Extrait :-)

But now to the fragrances themselves: The perfume is highly praised here, and I can understand the praise very well. The higher concentration makes the fragrance appear more intense. I have the impression that the hemlock has been overdosed here more than the other notes. This seems to appeal to most people here. Personally, I find the other notes that make the scent a bit more edgy and fresh, like vetiver and pepper, a bit under
What I like about EdP is that it's a bit more barbershop-like, not so balsamic, but spicier and a bit soapy. I'd feel more comfortable with it in the office. In the evening I would prefer the perfume, with the woody-green hemlock, which is poisonous, but is said to have a calming effect (well, poison can sedate well *joking*).

Another observation in Drydown (EdP) that I don't want to conceal: Many people say they don't take oud and that's how I felt at first. But in the late drydown, when bergamot and juniper had long ago said goodbye, I suddenly noticed a sweet dusty woodiness. This note seemed familiar to me and then came the inspiration: MFK's Oud. And: Hadn't Ms. Jayne reported in an interview that she "travelled the world and came across Lao oud"? Well, Francis K. also used this (8 years later). Ergo: But a bit of oud in it. With the perfume (50%) on the other hand, I still only noticed hemlock fir.

And the moral of the story: There is no recommendation. Everyone must choose the concentration that suits them. I choose the cheaper one because I like the ticking better. And let's face it: 30% concentration is already more than 95% of the other fragrances on the market. So it may be a little less ;-)
Wandelduft

Hotel experience

A large green meadow gives us a wonderful view over to the forest. And to the clear-cutting in the forest. The tall hemlocks are felled, the resin flies far over the field. The cones smell wonderfully of spices (9,5) and fall into the undergrowth with oud and small animals. The juniper on the slope nods to the action. Delicately dusty. Delicately flattering. Round.

The rising day is changing. Into a balmy world. A world of cleanliness.

The logs are sent for use in the spa. Scent of light woods, from maritime lands, complement the room-filling silage. Slowly the wonderful forest scent loses its intensity. Soap (7.0) is the main ingredient for the coming hours.

And soap makes me a little sad.

8.0 / 7.0 / 7.0 / ---

Thanks to Norleans for the generous rehearsal.

A supplement (wood) in my collection to Richard Lüscher Britos 46°N 08°E (Arve).
Chizza
Once again the wallpaper is decimated by the daughter? It's not a big deal today ;)
I am not usually a friend of such fir scents, too much I have to think of Badedas Classic with its firs, pines, pines and conifers. In itself the bath additive also smells good but just for bathing. At most in the sauna or the like, I put up with such scents.
In the sauna Ormonde Man could also take place especially at the beginning. But then the fir tree, which is dominant at the beginning, turns into a balsamic, soothing and clearly enters into a cooperation with the cedar. In itself here already a beautiful and really harmonious scent. One almost wants to exclaim: Stay! You are so beautiful! With time, the scent doesn't linger as long and there are two reasons for this. On the one hand, it quickly becomes quite close to the skin where it nevertheless remains for eight hours. A great sillage or even billowing scent clouds here and there you should not expect On the other hand, the scent changes again, it becomes slightly sweetish, which is good for the fir. It doesn't stay ethereal and this woody perfume has a completely different effect. All in all, Ormonde Man is for me a fragrance that makes forest or fir tree tangible for all those who otherwise can't do much with fir except bath essences. For me it is soothing, calming and relaxing. A nice change in the fragrance portfolio.

GewoonBB
Ormonde Man (Nose Knows No Notes)
• ORMONDE JAYNE ORMONDE MAN •

Interesting very light green woody, but who is this for?

Ormonde Man packs quite a punch in the opening, but quickly becomes subtle. There's a sharp, clean pine scent. It leans green, there's cedar wood, but also black hemlock, an aromatic conifer. For a couple of minutes, it has an almost resinous, herbal quality, that I personally didn't really enjoy, but that's just me not being into green fragrances. There's a nice citrus note as well, but it's overpowered a bit by the green accord.
As I stated, the punchy opening turns into a much subtler and more accessible and versatile scent. With a name like Ormonde Man, it seems that the target market would be more mainstream, where this could function as a signature scent. That's definitely more the direction this goes to in the drydown, although it remains slightly green. It becomes much softer and pleasant. To me, this seems to be a modern take on a chypre-like masculine fragrance. It's different from everything I've tried so far, which is commendable, but it begs the question; who's this for? I feel that it's too safe and subtle for people who like the older style chypre fragrances or green fragrances in general. However, this style doesn't seem to be in demand as much for people who wear mainstream designers and it still leans quite green for a formal office scent (although I could see people pulling that off with no problem). I thought it was interesting to sample, but I'm curious how others would utilize Ormonde Man? •
Leko
News: "Sharp guy is killed by the spicy fir"
Ormonde Man... yes, definitely for the man. Exceptionally spicy and fresh, the scent around your nose is always accompanied by pine or rather fir resin? As is well known, each fragrance unfolds individually on the skin of its wearer and of course always does something different. The spicy fir resin smells very dominant and remains a never ending story... While other fragrances sometimes ignite in three stages, here one note remains in charge throughout.

Spontaneously I had the image of a fir-eucalyptus sauna before my eyes and quite honestly, that's the smell of a sauna that is infused with the fabric. Always a slight pungency, which still fires up the above mentioned spice and freshness. I assume that the red pepper takes care of that.
Slightly fruity will also come through later
The fragrance is very strict, fresh and masculine, and is very respectful. Nothing unisex, because very determining.
All in all, this is a very interesting fragrance with a unique selling point and it will become a little rounder and more pleasing over time. a little ;-) .

Thus, those who are looking for something strikingly manly, spicy, fresh and green that has a strong relation to the forest will be really well served with a high-quality Ormonde Man. Finally, I recommend applying a maximum of 2-3 splashes.
NikEy
For all the boys out there...
After a long time with Parfumo and hours of extensive testing, it becomes - as most people can confirm - more and more difficult to find a fragrance that really excites you again. Not only is it great for testing, almost exhausting and without special attention on the test hand, but with 7.5 points it is not passed on as good for you to wear, but it is passed on to you in such a way that you want to spray yourself completely with it. Ormonde Man made it! The statements are very mixed, I couldn't get a real picture of how it smells on my skin at the end. Woody-fresh or rather green, dry or even too classic?

At first apply then the surprise. Ormonde Man is absolutely airy-transparent and modern, the only thing that combines it with a classic men's fragrance is the combination of freshness, wood and green spice - but completely modernised. Nothing here is bitter or old-fashioned, on the contrary. What makes him so special is his charisma, which on the one hand is absolutely perfumed and precisely composed, but on the other hand looks as if the scent would simply be around you without being radiated by yourself. A bit like rubbing yourself with an absolutely high-quality, fragrant body lotion and carrying a delicate fragrance around with you. Not at all absurd perhaps, because with Ormonde Man I am one of the first components to make out a clear creaminess, very gently ambered, soft and fluffy. Accompanied by wood warmth and soft notes of fir balsam. Gentle flower cream and an undeniable sweetness let him move a bit towards unisex. Anyone who thinks this could be difficult or luxuriant is wrong, because he always keeps a certain freshness and his absolutely airy-transparent nature. The base changes to warmer, musk and sandalwood fuse sexy with the skin, Ormonde Man becomes lovelier but never heavy.

I cannot understand the classification which clearly assigns the older gentlemen to the fragrance. On the contrary, I find here the otherwise classic 3er combination wood fresh seasoning so modernly converted that I can imagine Ormonde Man much better at younger men (to me with 25 he fits perfectly). Light-heartedness, modernity and joie de vivre, for everyone. The fragrance matches the suit as well as the casual outfit, for every day - signature worthy!

Ormonde Meh!
The opening of Ormonde Man is quite bold and almost overwhelming at first; all I smell is a slightly syrupy sandalwood note, citrus, spices (a load of cumin and red pepper), vetiver, cedar, and a strong salty note with a slight camphor aftertaste that I guess comes from musk. Basically, imagine a bold woody-spicy scent with a sweet-salty vein, and a vibrant Mediterranean aromatic herbal breeze (juniper?). The oud note is really light, more just a dark medicinal feel on the base. That’s pretty much it, for hours. Frankly this fragrance left me completely indifferent: I find it quite static, cloyingly thick, and too “powerfully generic” to be at least “safely” refined or elegant. Honestly it smells to me like whatever spicy-fresh-boisé designer scent, just “on steroids”, louder and more concentrated. Not bad, but... meh!

6/10

RonniweRonniwe 3 months ago
De lo mejor de mi colección, agrada a todo el mundo, sin más. Lo recomiendo.
NgarciaNgarcia 5 months ago
Well blended, fresh, bright forest, not niche composition, good quality, elegant but distant cold scent, good but expensive for the product.
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 2 years ago
Classic and elegant. It smells Woody and creamy. However the performance is not the best so for me doesnt worth really the high price...

by Mustang69
by GewoonBB
by FFL
by FFL

Popular Ormonde Jayne

2. Nawab of Oudh Intensivo by Ormonde Jayne Ormonde Man (Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Vanille d'Iris (Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Montabaco Verano by Ormonde Jayne 2. Nawab of Oudh Parfum by Ormonde Jayne Vanille d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Black Gold by Ormonde Jayne Montabaco Extrême by Ormonde Jayne 4. Montabaco Intensivo by Ormonde Jayne Ambre Royal by Ormonde Jayne 4. Montabaco Parfum by Ormonde Jayne Royal Elixir by Ormonde Jayne Ormonde Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Tolu (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Isfarkand (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Ta'if (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Bespoke Parfum Collection - Cuir Imperial by Ormonde Jayne Rose Gold by Ormonde Jayne Privé (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Orris Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne