Ormonde Man Parfum

Ormonde Man (Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne

Ormonde Man (Parfum) is a popular perfume by Ormonde Jayne for men. The release year is unknown. The scent is green-woody. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Geza Schön

Submitted by RobGordon, last update on 23.08.2019

The scent is available in two variants (40% and 50% perfume oil concentration).

Variant of the fragrance concentration

Ormonde Man (Parfum)

This is a variant of the perfume Ormonde Man (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne, which differs in concentration.

8.0 7.0 8.0 9.0/10

The Masterpiece
Ormonde Man (EDP) was one of my first fragrances that I discovered here at Parfumo and ordered as a sample at his time. Let's just say my nose was still "young" and I was quite inexperienced. The journey goes on and on and there were experiences in Oud, Orientals, Chypren ... The memory and test list filled up steadily.

When I looked at my list again a few weeks ago, "my" classic caught my eye again, and since my birthday was within reach, I just wanted to have it in my collection. After some very nice emails with OJ, I was able to order a 120ml spray bottle. A dream came true. Although once again a blind order.

During my research I also noticed that OJ now offers the entire Signature Collection with 40% and 50% perfume. In addition, some fragrances of "The Four Corners of the World" are also available as Intensivo and now also as Extrême. (Which could probably be an approximation to the 40 and 50% concentrations for the regular bestsellers.)

Now for the fragrance.

Immediately after spraying it becomes clear: Everything is right. Everything's fine. A deep calm flows balsamic through the scent of the hemlock fir and surrounds me. Slight citric splinters from the chords of the top note break up the theme into more transparency. Gives everything a feeling of floating. In my opinion, bergamot and juniper berries are responsible for this. Already here it becomes clear, this smell has no pyramid per se. There are rather sounds in a theme that flash again and again. The basic mood is a deep, beautiful green that experiences levitation despite its density. The wooden chords, here primarily from the oud, remind me somewhat of Oud 777 by Stephane Humbert Lucas, who also managed to weave an unmedical, non-barnyard impression into his composition. So it comes aromatic, balsamic Oud as wood chord to the fir. Slowly, impressions of forests become clearer. However, there are forests in the spirit. The essence that remains in the mind as an olfactory best-of. The Oud also supports with a light smoky note. This is not incense, but clear, balsamic and slightly woody. As if light wood had been gently smoked. But this chord weaves its way so skilfully into the warm green that it only flashes here and there and pulls me even more under its spell. Vetiver and cedar support in my perception the respective sister chords of Hemlock and Oud and give them in the course stage, as well as "reinsurance".

Ormonde Jayne Man (perfume) is deep olive green in its bottle. For me it is the epitome of style and independence - as a fragrance as well as a bottle. You wear this scent to yourself. I'm wearing him to the office polo right now, and he's making me smile. It creates a good projection and is so skillfully subtle that it does not require effort or volume. Oh, yeah, he's a noticer. Positive. In the elevator. The guy sitting next to him. He is calm and at the same time very, very satisfied. Creates moments of peace. Is the aperture against the fast pace and hectic pace. When the hemlock fir moves gently in the wind of our time and tells its story.

PS: The 50 and 120 spray bottles are the EDP versions. The service (the filling with up to 50% perfume concentration) is offered only by contact by email or in the shop boutique in the Bondstreet. Therefore, please do not wonder that basically the bottle to this fragrance, the same as the EDP is. The last option is the splash bottle from the Bespoke series, which can also be filled via the online shop order.

by RobGordon
by RobGordon

Popular Ormonde Jayne

Ormonde Man (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Vanille d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Ormonde Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne 2. Nawab of Oudh Parfum by Ormonde Jayne Tolu (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Ta'if (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Isfarkand (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne 4. Montabaco Parfum by Ormonde Jayne Zizan (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Black Gold by Ormonde Jayne Orris Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Frangipani (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Ambre Royal by Ormonde Jayne 4. Montabaco Intensivo by Ormonde Jayne 2. Nawab of Oudh Intensivo by Ormonde Jayne Champaca (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Tiare (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Osmanthus (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Sampaquita (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Rose Gold by Ormonde Jayne