Ormonde Man Parfum

Ormonde Man (Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne
Top 18 in Men's Perfume
Ormonde Man (Parfum) is a popular perfume by Ormonde Jayne for men. The release year is unknown. The scent is green-woody. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Geza Schön

Submitted by RobGordon, last update on 15.10.2020.

The scent is available in two variants (40% and 50% perfume oil concentration).

Variant of the fragrance concentration

This is a variant of the perfume Ormonde Man (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne, which differs in concentration.

AlanOne
More PS and therefore better ?
First of all thanks to Strehliwood for sharing the fragrance.
By the way, even in an exquisite fragrance shop in Hamburg the 50% version was not available.
It's probably because you have to ask Ms Linda Jayne in London explicitly.

I won't beat about the bush. But I will anyway Weeks ago I had a sample kit sent to me by Ormonde from England.
Among them Ormonde Man, probably the 40% version.
Sprayed on and well, not bad.
At Parfumo and was surprised by the quite positive reviews of the Ormonde Man 50% perfume share (9.2 - as of today/see above).

Well, I had to try that one Looked at parfumo.de and actually there is a sharing. Said, done, sharing,
Sharing preserved and sprayed on.
Yes, it is similar to the 40% version, but not the same, although supposedly there is only a different concentration.
In the top note, the 40%-e is not only lighter but also appears fresher than the 50% version.
With the latter, the coriander and also the fir from the heart note can probably be smelled early on.
And that doesn't fit my nose at all.
It was written by balsamic, balm for the soul. Either I have an association of balsamic or it was related to the heart note, but the fragrance is definitely not balsamic, not yet.
Green yes, pink pepper, yes, coriander, yes, wood, yes, oud no, may come.
But we're still in the headnote.

The heart note:
So after 1-2 hours the fragrance starts to become a little balsamic. That's nice. But I don't smell oud. The smell is softer now. The disturbing peaks of the coriander/fir have disappeared.
Yes, now the smell is pleasant, round and good.

The base note is also very pleasant. Beautifully combined notes let the fragrance slowly fade away after 8-9 hours. It lasts a few hours longer than the 40% version, in which the heart and base notes are the same, but in a weakened form.
Musk, yes, cedar, yes, vetiver, yes, weak, it seems that vetiver could be responsible for the green in the top note. Sandalwood, yes.

Conclusion of my scent impression:
For me the top note is too green, too disturbing in the nose. I cannot, or not yet, understand the high rating.
Sillage is hardly available. In any case, a spray impact only produces a skin-near scent.
Other fragrances are more exciting, more gripping, rounder, better in performance and in the overall scent impression for me.
Would I want to buy the scent? No.
Good evening

The Masterpiece
Ormonde Man (EDP) was one of my first fragrances that I discovered here at Parfumo and ordered as a sample at his time. Let's just say my nose was still "young" and I was quite inexperienced. The journey goes on and on and there were experiences in Oud, Orientals, Chypren ... The memory and test list filled up steadily.

When I looked at my list again a few weeks ago, "my" classic caught my eye again, and since my birthday was within reach, I just wanted to have it in my collection. After some very nice emails with OJ, I was able to order a 120ml spray bottle. A dream came true. Although once again a blind order.

During my research I also noticed that OJ now offers the entire Signature Collection with 40% and 50% perfume. In addition, some fragrances of "The Four Corners of the World" are also available as Intensivo and now also as Extrême. (Which could probably be an approximation to the 40 and 50% concentrations for the regular bestsellers.)

Now for the fragrance.

Immediately after spraying it becomes clear: Everything is right. Everything's fine. A deep calm flows balsamic through the scent of the hemlock fir and surrounds me. Slight citric splinters from the chords of the top note break up the theme into more transparency. Gives everything a feeling of floating. In my opinion, bergamot and juniper berries are responsible for this. Already here it becomes clear, this smell has no pyramid per se. There are rather sounds in a theme that flash again and again. The basic mood is a deep, beautiful green that experiences levitation despite its density. The wooden chords, here primarily from the oud, remind me somewhat of Oud 777 by Stephane Humbert Lucas, who also managed to weave an unmedical, non-barnyard impression into his composition. So it comes aromatic, balsamic Oud as wood chord to the fir. Slowly, impressions of forests become clearer. However, there are forests in the spirit. The essence that remains in the mind as an olfactory best-of. The Oud also supports with a light smoky note. This is not incense, but clear, balsamic and slightly woody. As if light wood had been gently smoked. But this chord weaves its way so skilfully into the warm green that it only flashes here and there and pulls me even more under its spell. Vetiver and cedar support in my perception the respective sister chords of Hemlock and Oud and give them in the course stage, as well as "reinsurance".

Ormonde Jayne Man (perfume) is deep olive green in its bottle. For me it is the epitome of style and independence - as a fragrance as well as a bottle. You wear this scent to yourself. I'm wearing him to the office polo right now, and he's making me smile. It creates a good projection and is so skillfully subtle that it does not require effort or volume. Oh, yeah, he's a noticer. Positive. In the elevator. The guy sitting next to him. He is calm and at the same time very, very satisfied. Creates moments of peace. Is the aperture against the fast pace and hectic pace. When the hemlock fir moves gently in the wind of our time and tells its story.

PS: The 50 and 120 spray bottles are the EDP versions. The service (the filling with up to 50% perfume concentration) is offered only by contact by email or in the shop boutique in the Bondstreet. Therefore, please do not wonder that basically the bottle to this fragrance, the same as the EDP is. The last option is the splash bottle from the Bespoke series, which can also be filled via the online shop order.

by RobGordon
by RobGordon

Popular Ormonde Jayne

2. Nawab of Oudh Intensivo by Ormonde Jayne Vanille d'Iris (Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Ormonde Man (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Black Gold by Ormonde Jayne Vanille d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne 2. Nawab of Oudh Parfum by Ormonde Jayne Ambre Royal by Ormonde Jayne 4. Montabaco Intensivo by Ormonde Jayne 4. Montabaco Parfum by Ormonde Jayne Montabaco Verano by Ormonde Jayne Royal Elixir by Ormonde Jayne Ormonde Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Isfarkand (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Tolu (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Montabaco Extrême by Ormonde Jayne Privé by Ormonde Jayne Ta'if (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Bespoke Parfum Collection - Cuir Imperial by Ormonde Jayne Rose Gold by Ormonde Jayne Orris Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne