Vanille d'Iris (2015) Eau de Parfum

Vanille d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne

Vanille d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Ormonde Jayne for women and was released in 2015. The scent is powdery-floral. It is still in production.

Geza Schön

Top Notes Top NotesCoriander seed, Sicilian bergamot, Carrot seed, Pink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesOrris absolute, Jasmine absolute, Magnolia, Osmanthus
Base Notes Base NotesVanilla, Tahitian vanilla, Cedarwood, Vetiver, Amber, Musk

Submitted by Michael, last update on 05.11.2019.

8.0 7.0 8.0 9.5/10

Vieavecjulie
Searching and finding a fragrant beauty...
My favourite novel was published in 1966. One of my favorite movies was published in 1957. Musically it often draws me back to older appearances.

Now it's safe for some to ask the question:
What does that have to do with vanilla d'iris?
Over the years I have become more and more aware of myself that I very often find more quality, depth and interest in and in "old" things. Be it literature, music, movies and, how could it be otherwise, perfumes? Trying to find a perfume in a Douglas and Co. that I don't already know or stand out from the crowd is unfortunately often difficult for me and I have to admit that I often give up with minimal irritation. New fragrances often don't touch my soul and I sometimes don't see any great differences between the many sweet and fresh new releases. As such highlighted summer scents are too shallow for me many times or the certain something is missing.

Why is she telling us all this? When is it finally about this perfume?

I can't count how many fragrances I've tested - looking for a "contemporary" fragrance that's classic, elegant, yet deep and feminine in beauty and attraction - but also at the office and at higher temperatures, with respect to the many Ü25 °C olfactory sensitized people, can undoubtedly be used. (I belong to the group of people who immediately connect Tauers No. 02 with Morocco, for example, and who would also like the fragrance to be discreetly dosed in summer. More like a minority?)

Vanilla d'Iris was instant love of fragrance.

This perfume is wonderfully airy, fine and delicate, yet it has a certain intensity, depth and warmth. It has the quality of fragrances that I often know from past times. In the same sense, it also appears classic and elegant. Beautiful timeless.

I can't resist and think of the theatrical life just as immediately when I experience the scent of the beautiful powder/lipstick note - the make-up; the chandeliers in the hall, which are threaded again and again before the main season; the dimmed light just before the performance begins and the hours in which the otherwise so quiet theatre is full of life, as the performance begins soon. An elegant fragrance that sends me mentally to one of the most creative places for me personally, in a very subtle way? A dream!

Vanilla d'Iris is nostalgic and yet just as modern - stylish, fine, adult. The spicy start with coriander seeds and pepper in the foreground flows wonderfully into melted iris butter and delicate flowers. Osmanthus gives the fragrance a delicate fruitiness that makes it even more feminine. In the heart, the vanilla pod shows its most beautiful side, bedded on fine wood and a delicate musk cloud. The result of this ensemble is a wonderfully powdery, slightly creamy fragrance with a subtle lipstick note.

A perfume that is always effective - wearable in winter and summer, at work and at dinner. The Sillage seems very gentle to me personally, but the environment perceives this fragrance well. The shelf life is even given the next morning, even if only very softly.

I would also like to mention that Ormonde Jayne has one of the best customer services I have ever experienced. The upgrade of the flacon (the 50ml flacons were in production and the Brexit was calling.) including payment was done within 1 hour by e-mail and the offer to order the 50% variant / perfume variant instead of 30% variant came without having to ask about the perfume. Very friendly, very fast, very competent.

Vanilla d'iris is a beautiful fragrance which I am sure I will love for a long time or even forever

Syzygy73 19 months ago
A light and powdery Iris/violet note reminiscent of Dior Homme. Vanilla plays the perfect supporting role elevating all other aspects.+2

by Amylovesyou
by Amylovesyou

Popular Ormonde Jayne

Ormonde Man (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Vanille d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Ormonde Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne 2. Nawab of Oudh Parfum by Ormonde Jayne Tolu (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Ta'if (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Isfarkand (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne 4. Montabaco Parfum by Ormonde Jayne Zizan (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Black Gold by Ormonde Jayne Orris Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Frangipani (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Ambre Royal by Ormonde Jayne 4. Montabaco Intensivo by Ormonde Jayne 2. Nawab of Oudh Intensivo by Ormonde Jayne Champaca (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Osmanthus (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Tiare (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Sampaquita (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Rose Gold by Ormonde Jayne