Ambre Royal (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne

Ambre Royal 2016 Eau de Parfum

Pipette
20.12.2017 - 01:50 PM

A noble scent

I have had, and tried, many Amber perfumes. But this one is top. Based upon reading about Geza Schoen's efforts to use excellent ingredients, I like to confirm that they shine through in this creation. The price is accordingly steep, but there are no regrets. You can buy 5 spray bottles of 8 ML and have travel sizes and gifts for others.

So as I am sitting comfortably in a chair, reading about bitcoins, my mind starts to wander as the delicious wafts of scent travel from my right arm into the surrounding air.

The opening is fresh and minced with light citrus elements. The middle gets thicker, and I am reminded of French milled soap, of that lasting rich creaminess. Speaking of lasting, this perfume lasts many many hours and then rests on the skin like a patchouli, amber and musk harmony. All in all, to me it seems like a slightly salty amber perfume, but amber is not in the foreground, the whole composition is so light, airy and still creamy and ever so lightly powdery that it is actually difficult to pinpoint a definite note standing out. Very discreet and elegant, suitable for men also, I believe.

This is not a perfume that announces the wearer, rather it becomes a part of the presence of the person.

That's it. The glass bottle is nice for display but that is only an object, the scent in it counts, and that I bought in travel sprays.

Latest Reviews

PipettePipette 4 years ago
Suite 712 - Henri Bendel

Suite 712 The Henri Bendel Department Store signature perfume
Henri Bendel fashions his store as "the ultimate girls playground" and elegant women shop there. This scent announces "here we are", in the spirit of cheerfulness. The scent opens right away with a noticeable...

PipettePipette 6 years ago
Vaniglia Sopraffina e Rhum - My Inner Island

Vaniglia Sopraffina e Rhum Not Tihota
Tihota smells pure and angelic, this thick vanilla scent is much stronger and more powdery. The rum note does not hurt either. A freshly baked poundcake comes to mind. The scent opens full and creamy and barely changes after that. Longevity...