Byzance by Ormonde Jayne

Byzance is a new perfume by Ormonde Jayne for women and men and was released in 2020. The scent is fruity-floral.

Top Notes Top NotesBlackcurrant bud, Milk, Pink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesWhite woods, Cashmere wood, Orris butter
Base Notes Base NotesMoss, Suede, Madagascan vanilla, Balsamic notes

Submitted by M3000, last update on 28.06.2020.

This fragrance is part of the "La Route de Soie" collection.

Conchi2019
Byzance or not, that is the question.
Byzance from the "La Route de Soie" series by Ormonde Jayne starts with currants and a hint of milk. Until now I could not imagine this milk note, but it is actually there. Later it becomes a bit softer, with a delicate touch of wood and iris, but the berries run through the entire fragrance.
The base notes are, for me, hardly noticeable.
When I chose the name Byzance, I have a different idea, unfortunately biased by Rocha's Byzances 1987, but this one can't help it.

I use this comment to briefly summarize my impression of the series "La Route de Soie".
Four fragrances were combined under the title "The Silk Road": Damask, Tangier, Byzance and Levant.
Whoever thinks of strong orientals by these names is mistaken. For me, they are all to be found on warm spring days All four, although different ingredients, are related to each other and have a similarity. They are soft, round and harmoniously matched. And although I can be enthusiastic about it, it does not quite hit my nerve. I have the impression, here you may correct me gladly that the base notes are too weak. It remains fruity-floral, modern, as if a soft focus had been put on top of it. In my mind's eye I see young ladies from upper middle-class homes with ponytails, a beautiful smooth complexion, pink and white striped shirts, skinny jeans and Tod's, oh and you mustn't forget the pearl earrings.

Popular Ormonde Jayne

Ormonde Man (Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne 2. Nawab of Oudh Intensivo by Ormonde Jayne Vanille d'Iris (Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Black Gold by Ormonde Jayne Ormonde Man (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Vanille d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Montabaco Extrême by Ormonde Jayne 2. Nawab of Oudh Parfum by Ormonde Jayne Ambre Royal by Ormonde Jayne 4. Montabaco Parfum by Ormonde Jayne 4. Montabaco Intensivo by Ormonde Jayne Ormonde Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Tolu (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Isfarkand (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Royal Elixir by Ormonde Jayne Ta'if (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Montabaco Verano by Ormonde Jayne Rose Gold by Ormonde Jayne Bespoke Parfum Collection - Cuir Imperial by Ormonde Jayne Orris Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne