Megamare by Orto Parisi

Megamare is a new perfume by Orto Parisi for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is aquatic-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average.

Submitted by JoHannes, last update on 17.11.2019

God of water
I'm still overwhelmed by this composition. So Neptune must smell when rising out of the sea.

I received a bottling on Saturday around 1:00. My wife was strolling and my son with grandma and grandpa until evening. I'm spraying a bump on my left arm. What impression do I get? Salt, seaweed, and stormy waters. Very authentic in any case. Strong, but not brutally strong, he seemed to me at that moment. But the smell of something better has taught me. I'd like to add, since some have said something about the herbaceous - this rather not so beautiful note cannot be smelled at a distance, but only when the nose is close to the spray spot. After a few minutes also no longer perceptible. What remains is a gigantic Gualtieri aquat, which has the power of 100 giant octopuses.

Five hours after the spray, my son is taken home. I put my quilted jacket on to take his shoes off outside. By the wind movements I smell this magic water, that first time in front of the door - through my jacket - push! "He's not that strong," my ass. If a fragrance penetrates a thick jacket within seconds after several hours, I don't need to say anything more about the violence of the Sillage. Even this morning 2 days later my arm still smells like this and my sweater at this point currently also because it has absorbed the scent molecules quasi.

My mother had asked me to order her a small bottle of Molecul 01. She had a splash on her upper arm the same day. Megamare and Molecul 01 have similarities in some way. I am convinced that Megamare also contains a lot of Iso E Super.

I have already described in another commentary, this Orto Parisis, one understands only when other people carry you and not oneself. Especially maybe because of the magic molecule. Try to find a test object ;-) The effect from the outside when the scent has taken up space is magical. With Bergamask this is similar to what I feel.

Hence all those who rated him negative: You must believe in the ancient Roman gods, for the God of Water Neptune really exists!
7.0 10.0 10.0 7.5/10

Profumorist
Contamination or why this can't be a summer scent
First of all, I would like to thank Norleans. He has actually made true what he promised in his commentary. Megamare at the price of postage. Thanks for that.

And to anticipate it and I hope Norleans doesn't resent me, all I can't share his assessment.

Mr Alessandro Gualtieri is not known for his olfactory restraint. Basically everything with bumps and guns. And Megamare is in no way inferior.

The scent blows off immediately at the start. Spicy, aquatic and above all very synthetical (otherwise the whole thing would not be possible). And you can't make a mistake. Hold the nose directly into the spray area. There I perceive exactly what Norleans describes. That salty chemical club. Horrible. But only if you keep your nose clean. Otherwise the scent reminds me of a modern fresh scent from a certain distance. My first thought was the Light blue pour homme eau intense by Dolce&Gabbana. Only this time really in intense.

A little anecdote about the durability and Sillage I would not like to withhold from you: I received the bottling last week Friday. In the afternoon I sprayed a small (and I mean really small) splash on the top of my left forearm and put on my jacket shortly afterwards. And even five days later, when I put on my jacket where I sprayed it five days ago, I can smell the scent right where my arm is. Stronger than the perfume I'm wearing right now. Megamare literally contaminated my jacket. I don't know what the ocean was called Pangaea at the time of our super continent. Megamare would fit. And if this scent had existed millions of years ago, one would still find molecular remnants during excavations today and wonder why the dinosaurs wore perfume. In other words, the shelf life and the Sillage are insane. A splash on the naked skin and really only on the skin is perfectly sufficient. I will probably be able to pass on my bottling.

Because of this, Megamare cannot be a real summer scent. A summer scent will refresh you in heated cities at temperatures above 30 degrees Celsius. And if that scent didn't finish you off, your people will. I promise. I promise.

Therefore, Megamare remains exceptional in its overall structure. Purely fragranced, you get a normal modern newbie. And please be careful with your nose.

Greetings

Your Profumorist
9.0 9.0 10.0 7.5/10

The Megalodon among aquatics
Megamare starts off violently: scratchy, aquatic, herbaceous and spicy at the same time. Something citric-dry penetrates again and again, the scent occasionally unfolds a smell such as rinsing water or vegetable broth. It's almost too much for my nose, sometimes I don't smell it at all anymore. In warm surroundings it smells for me like described above, the spicy smell reminds me also of a fish spice. After being outside for a long time in cool weather I felt the scent much more pleasant, like a cool salty sea breeze. The unpleasant scents were suddenly gone. In my opinion, the perfume has a scent as dazzling as the scales of a fish; it always smells different depending on the ambient temperature. It can be a bit unpleasant when Megamare smells a little sweaty when warm. In the end, I thought I'd smell some amber too. After a shower the scent could still be clearly smelled, it even seemed refreshed to me
9.0 10.0 10.0 1.0/10

Norleans
Your Mudder works at the chemical plant/salt mine....as a smell
I became aware of Megamare purely through a new comment on the start page. I had never heard of the fragrance itself or the brand in general before. Which doesn't mean anything. Fixed by the many extremely good reviews here, I put Megamare on my watchlist.

Now it happened that last week the annual visit of my wife's parents-in-law took place. They live more than 600 km away from us and are always looking forward to visiting the north. My mother is a little more perfume-loving than me and couldn't wait to visit a small, individual perfumery in the Grosse Bleichen. I myself was in this very well-stocked shop for the first time. A counsellor took care of us directly and my mother explained her scent preferences. Several scent strips were used and all questions were answered. I also chose something beautiful and saw a small series of Orto Parisi fragrances. Curious about the Megamare, the nice lady sprayed me some of it also on the test strip. In the shop I found the scent still quite good, but that may have been due to the scents sprayed here before. Besides lots of high quality samples, which came in a nice bag of their own, the lady filled me another 1.5 ml Megamare by hand and added this to the already bombastic amount of samples.

Enough with the prose, let's get to the scent. A few days later, my parents were back in the old homeland, I sat on the couch and remembered the Megamare rehearsal. Unfortunately.
Before I describe the fragrance further, I don't want to get too close to anyone who likes this fragrance. Every nose is different and maybe mine here is just the normal deviation. The very good rating of Megamares speaks for itself.

After spraying on the test strip, I almost felt a physical flight reflex, because a "chemical club" was waving towards me, which had apparently been enriched with salt somewhere before. I didn't smell anything aquatic and fresh, rather I had associations with hairspray, plastic and salt. Lots of salt. The result is not a fragrance, but a smell. If I had smelled Megamare without warning and in ignorance that it was a perfume, I would never have classified it as such. Megamare is really hideous to me.

I recognize the artistic aspect behind this substance. If someone remembers "Hurz" by Hape Kerkeling, I can say that I would like to accuse the manufacturer Megamares of such an intention. An extremely niche material, so different and peculiar that people like to recognize it as a scent, but don't want to admit that it's terrible. Just like the song "Hurz", which is performed as avant-garde art. But nobody of the listeners dares to say how bad this is, because you don't want to come out as a philistine.

Maybe I am a fragrance banya, a shower gel proll or mainstream victim, but Megamare is so different and extreme that I can't put it into words. For me, it's the unscented thing. The small bottling can be shipped against postage, but only to perfumers who don't know it yet, I check that :-)

Again: Sorry to all who like Megamare and have already commented or allowed it here, I feel different and would like to let the world know the same :-)

Thanks for reading
10.0 9.0 10.0 9.0/10

Monstrous
...and what a genius monster.

I have Megamare now about a month. I wore it the first time to the office (an open-plan office). The whole floor could smell me (I'm not exaggerating). As soon as the door opened, you could smell Megamare and the closer you came to me, the more intense it became. In fact, you could still smell him the next day.

Since then I have worn the scent outside on warmer days, but even then I have created a long lasting cloud around me. Simply wow, but less suitable for closed rooms with many people.

Now for the fragrance itself. At the beginning it starts citric and almost rusty metallic. For the first half hour it is still so extremely perceptible that it almost kills you. Then it becomes a little softer, algae, woody and the mentioned juniper I also perceive discreetly. In the process he reminds me of the following scenario: You go to the beach on an extremely warm day and suddenly it storms and rains very heavily for a few minutes. What remains is a heavy smell of salty sea and drying sand, but in such an incredibly beautiful way. What remains after the steam phase is a refreshing, aquatic, salty driftwood scent in the air.

As a child I spent a lot of time in my home country Italy and such scenarios often occurred, the scent catapulted me directly into my childhood.

Those who like it discreet and inconspicuous should keep their hands off Megamare. There's a lot of power in this and it wants to be smelled.

The rock in the surf
Finally a fresh fragrance that you don't have to spray after a few hours.
Personally, I was a little annoyed to use Tom Ford scents because the performance was going towards zero. I'm also not the type of person to carry a travel sprayer on vacation. But I still like the blue flacons a lot. In this price category I unfortunately find fewer and fewer fragrances that last on my skin for a long time. A summer holiday fragrance with good durability, who knows one may leave me a message.

Let's get back to Megamare. Admittedly it is not a crowd-pleaser but this is more because there are no "soft" chords. Especially the salty note with amber can seem quite irritating. By the very strong Sillage in the beginning he crushes you already a little as long as you stand still. Concentrated cargo of salty sea water with wort that appears in a blue liquid.

Since no fragrance pyramid is given I will probably try to create my own:

Top notes: salty notes, bergamot, mint
Heart notes: seaweed, aquatic notes, juniper
Base notes: amber, patchouli, alge-absolue

All information without guarantee of course ;)
My precomentators to perceive my juniper.... i put it in the heart note, because at the beginning for me a very strong salty note with a hint of mint appears.

Everything has been said about shelf life and Sillage, it couldn't be better.
The bottle looks particularly beautiful.

Old butterfly!
...or what's it called so beautiful? My journey through the Parisis continues & again we seem to be dealing with a border crosser?

For me rather a quiet Parisi, in any case suitable for summer! Citric? Nope?
Aquatic/maritime? Yes! But exciting! The dear Skubi said Wachholder to smell, I am with it!

Anyway, in the morning on it, to work, all tutti!
Yoga class at 18.00, 10 hours after spraying on!
A colleague came to me and said:" duuuuuuu, your deodorant today doesn't work at all...", was first baffled! Never had the scent in his nose! He said it almost took his breath away!
Well, I can live with that! Take a quick shower, meet friends for a beer!
Zack, right the first one! Whoa, what do you smell horny!
The second after she was briefly out:" the whole room smells like you"
Here I stood out more than positively, it rained compliments!
My conclusion!
Nice stuff! Keeps like pitch & sulphur! Even the next morning!
24 h Sillage and durability must first of all be achieved!

Men & Women! Dare to be brave!

Love it!
7.0 9.0 9.0 9.5/10

First class summer fragrance
Here I made a blind purchase and didn't regret it at all.

Very interesting interplay of pepper and something aquatic.
In my opinion, suitable for men and women. Makes very much desire on sea and summer vacation.

Shelf life and Sillage for a citric fragrance more than above average. Maybe we'll find a new summer classic here. Particularly by the strong Sillage rather something for the lake or vacation.. in the office it could come to problems.

The wood comes through later and only makes it more interesting... probably that's why many people come across driftwood. But also here again a quite unusual variation.

All in all a small unique specimen, which one sees so rarely, especially concerning H&S. Certainly not suitable for everyone

Lexa 148 days ago
Salty aquatic seaweeds,a touch of sweetness,a dirty print that makes the fragrance different in every way. Crazy good tehnics.A revelation!+2
10.0
9.0
9.0

Ambroxmare
by Seejungfrau
Erster Eindruck - versaut wie Seminalis(die schweißige Süße)Vetiver/salzig/animalisch/aquatisch - mit Kratzspuren.Maskulin - sehr - auch feminin :-P Das weiche pigtuch war bei der Lieferung dabei :)
by Seejungfrau
by Freshdennis
by Freshdennis
Mare
by ivko
Mega
by ivko

Popular Orto Parisi

Stercus by Orto Parisi Viride by Orto Parisi Boccanera by Orto Parisi Bergamask by Orto Parisi Terroni by Orto Parisi Megamare by Orto Parisi Brutus by Orto Parisi Seminalis by Orto Parisi