Megamare 2019

Megamare by Orto Parisi
Megamare is a perfume by Orto Parisi for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is aquatic-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase.
Scent goes well with Erba Pura

Submitted by JoHannes, last update on 24.10.2021.

The clock sea
I had originally once made a statement, but Megamare deserves better. He smells as if one had taken out the clock sea !!! With everything that belongs from seaweed, water to salt. The first scent phase is relatively fresh and has a very light citrusy, aquatic clock sea touch. No Caribbean sea, but a raging restless clock sea from the past! It doesn't go through many different phases, it is salty all the time but the more time goes by the saltier it gets. There are actually people who the performance is too strong, or who claim that it would be too salty for them ... I can totally relate to all of that. The whole package from the bottle to the performance is just brutal. Megamare lasts for weeks on the clothes! I give a small minus to the drydown, is cool but because still quite salty ... otherwise horny thing, belongs in every good collection purely ;))
LX94
Concentrate from the stormy ocean
Unsuspecting I have looked around in the past month in the souk, because I wanted to get me once again an aquatic fragrance and was looking for possible candidates. I became aware of a sharing that had described this fragrance as "the strongest fragrance in the world" and as "atomic bomb". Coincidentally, it should be in the perfume, an aquatic perfume and thus my interest in the Megamare was aroused.

During my inquiries about the fragrance on the net and at parfumo, I have repeatedly read that this is by no means an ordinary aquatic fragrance. On the one hand were the perfume lovers, the great enthusiasm and on the other hand those who have felt a disgust towards the Megamare.

With excitement and high expectations a filling of the Megamare ordered, received and tested. Since the fragrance is categorized as aquatic, I instinctively expected a fresh and "blue" fragrance and accordingly a fragrance à la "Cool Water", which evokes memories of the cool and relaxing sea.

So it came that the Megamare had me totally shocked. Actually, with the name "Megamare", it should have been clear to me that this is not going to be the fresh and calm sea. Megamare is a concentrate of the stormy and merciless ocean and the open sea thunderstorm. To think about the fragrance and did not have time. Instantly after the spray, I had the rough Atlantic Ocean in front of me. Sailors, salt water, seaweed, rain, rusty anchors and driftwood. All these associations were evoked immediately and over the next few minutes.

Because of the uniqueness of Megamare and its ability to evoke memories of the ocean, I liked the scent a lot. However, caution should be taken here with the number of sprays. I can relate to the comments that associate the scent with chemicals and toilets. I had the same experience over the course of a morning when I naively sprayed two times on a rainy day. A few minutes later, I realized that this was a huge mistake. After an initial headache, dizziness and strange looks from fellow passengers on the crowded train, I too could only perceive pure disgusting chemistry. If even I could perceive it so dominantly, I'd rather not know how fellow passengers perceived it. So I had to wash off the scent later on my neck, in order not to endanger myself and the surroundings any further. Attention: If Megamare comes to your clothes, you will not get out the scent until the next wash, because it simply does not evaporate.

However, this extremely unpleasant experience did not make me turn away from the Megamare. With the Megamare is little more. Even a spray is too much in my opinion, from therefore I always try to apply a "half" spray, so that only some of the aggressive ocean droplets can work their magic at once.

As already indicated, the durability and sillage of this great fragrance are phenomenal and not to be underestimated. Price-wise, it moves in the upper segment and m.E. is the offered amount of 50ml too much for a consumer. For a sharing as in my case, it is but well suited.

Conclusion: A definitely polarizing fragrance, which one loves or loathes and one should really have tried as well as possibly give a second chance.
DonCologne
Running the gauntlet in the supermarket
So here's what happened: Some here will know it. You're in the home office (I'm transitionally moved back to my parents in the country), because you bother no one with new (daring) fragrance experiments and can try in "protected atmosphere" new samples in abundance extensively. As one of these really daring fragrances, should turn out for me Megamare, but more about that in a moment...

I came across Megamare because I was pretty excited about Tom Ford's Oud Minérale and its spray/algae impact. Aquatic without the typical artificial freshness, but a freshness that at the same time brings a lot of (seaweed/sea) depth with it, yes that can be something.

Megamare also strikes first in a similar notch. I smell fresh sea air, a bit of seaweed and a fair amount of synthetic ozonic freshness. Also, the, I'll call it "salt accord", really intrigued me. When I put my nose under my t-shirt, there's actually a salty smell that's similar to smelling a jar full of salt. However, the synthetic sea freshness in Megamare is almost chemically pungent to aggressive and Oud Minérale just has more depth to it, is more rounded, natural and much better calibrated in its sillage for me. Nevertheless, Megamare didn't seem "unappetizing" to me at first. The synthetic freshness, the potency, the absolute linearity (I can hardly detect a thirst curve) and above all its sillage behaviour (transparent and yet very present)...all this reminded me in its "construction" rather of fragrances of the type Dior Sauvage. Accordingly positive reactions of my fellow men I expected. But it should come differently...

It was a hot summer day and I planned to go shopping. On days like this, I steer clear of sweet scents. That's where Megamare came in. It's merely fresh, so who would mind it. Aware of its strength, I felt on the safe side as I only applied two small spritzes - from a small 3ml pocket diffuser mind you. One on the back of my neck, one on my chest. As soon as my parents entered the house, the first comments came. "What have you put on again today, that smells awful?!" Me: "Hm, that's Megamare, something really "fine"...really that bad? Or rather, what does it smell like to you?" "Hard to describe...you can smell it everywhere anyway, kinda chemical and pretty gross!" Me: "Wow gross, find the actually not so bad, although the admittedly has quite power. Wanted to go shopping with it actually now, but with your reactions, I should probably think again, haha..."

I got in the car and Megamare kept "pumping". Oh my god, this "monster" is probably just getting started...well, have all the masks on in the supermarket anyway and parents tell you a lot when the day is long, I thought to myself. Arrived in the supermarket, I saw the rich beer department, which took my focus off Megamare completely. While I was happily assembling my beer case, I crossed the path of a couple twice. I had just passed when I heard the woman say "Baah, there it is again..." and she sniffed with her nose in all directions to find the cause "...something smells totally disgusting!". I knew immediately that this undoubtedly meant me and Megamare. Also I had to notice that the mask duty in the supermarket had stopped and about 80% of the people were without. Well, actually I didn't sign up for Parfumo so that people in my area would loudly proclaim that I stink. A little unsettled and embarrassed, I now tried to use aisles in the supermarket where no people were to be found, which turned out to be not so easy. It may be imagination, but felt some people turned around when I had to pass them. To make matters worse, I had to ask an employee about the chickpeas (I shouted it to him at a "safe distance" of 5m)...but when I showed him, he also fluffed his nostrils conspicuously (although his face showed more curiosity than disgust). Of course I did the shopping as fast as I could and left the supermarket. But even in the parked hot car awaited me still a small cloud of residual sillage of Megamare.

In the evening I wanted to meet with friends. Why wash up? That's what friends are for, they have to be able to put up with you and I was also curious about their feedback. As soon as I arrived, I told my supermarket story and apologized in advance if I smelled unusual today. A friend said, "Yeah, I noticed that right away too...you smell like a Hamburg harbor whore." He had apparently smelled out the "harbor" pretty well, because I hadn't said anything else about this "maritime" scent. Other comments went along the lines of, "Yes extremely fresh, as if you had bathed in Axe deodorant." The application of the two small spritzes was now mind you close to 5 hours ago. Even my girlfriend (who I only let smell the small atomizer) immediately screwed up her face in disgust. But even she could not name it clearly, what she dislikes so strongly, except that it smells somehow chemical.

Conclusion: I personally find the fragrance actually not bad, even if it is a little too pungent present. Nevertheless, I have never - and I have yet tried one or the other exotic fragrances - received so much negative feedback. I don't know what it is and the other reviews here show it, Megamare seems to polarize the noses extremely. For me personally - forgive me, as I am now a damaged child - he is simply unacceptable.

Feeling lucky
Megamare is the sea, seaweed and a salty crust. A piece of wood has been floating for a long time. I don't usually like aquatics but this is just wonderful. Not a single reaction so far has been negative, durability and radiance are unparalleled. Whole houses can be filled with 2 sharps. Have tested on paper, but only on the skin becomes the so really convincing. Already washable, but a shower can survive the quite. Megamare remains transparent and ozonic, you can feel not only the spray but also a sun. A day at the sea, only just preserved and removable in cans.
After a hot day Megamare conjures me a smile, think I would have been somewhere else. Because it is then in any case still present.
4.5
Ischgelroi
I'm afraid it won't work at all...
I bought Megamare blind as a bottle and sold it again, but as luck would have it, I recently received a bottling of Megamare with a purchase in the souk. So it happened that I tested the fragrance again. The reason for this I actually do not know myself so exactly.

Megamare is definitely an aquat as you imagine him. I find it very difficult to detect notes here. Unfortunately, Megamare has something incredibly unpleasant for me inside. It certainly may sound alienating and weird. However, I always have an association with Megamare of a highway toilet. A component of Megamare immediately triggers a link with the smell of urine. At this point I want to note that I do not want to offend any fan of Megamare here. This is merely my personally colored opinion and association. Unfortunately, it is necessary for me to state this here because increasingly among my reviews with bad ratings, some people are reacting very toxically.

Meagamare already smells like the rough ocean, but this urine association makes it impossible for me to wear this fragrance. The allegory ocean has been hit but in any case. Therefore, I will give here from not quite so critical assessment.

The durability is really incredible. Megamare smells over 16 hours on my skin, probably even longer, but the shower after this period prevented a longer test here. The silage is really enormous with Megamare for almost 10 hours and manages to fill a whole room.

It would have been great if I and Megamare had matched, but unfortunately this was not the case.
Rough, wild sea
A cool morning on the Pacific coast.
Early sports barefoot past the rough wildly roaring waves.
In some places the waves crash against the rough cliffs and their washed out rock formations.

At this moment, the cold wet wind blows past me right into my face with the spray of the crashing wave. A welcome cooling during the jogging's

A smell of seaweed, salt and undefined scent from the ocean depths rises to my nose.
Seagulls circle above me.
A cool, refreshing effervescent film of water in the form of a veil settles on my skin.

Megamare. A wild scent. Like the sea at the Pacific. Wild, fresh, seaweed, cool.

No Bora Bora, summer sun beach fragrance
A scent like a rough surf.
That's exactly how the sea smells.

Durability & Sillage: Outside of this World

Fragrance pyramid: quite inconspicuous change. From spraying on to dry down the fragrance DNA changes with me not particularly intense.

one of the real beast
It is not salty, but brackish / stale, pungent. Nothing to do with salt water and the like. I like it very much. It is unique and very very special, certainly not to be bought blindly. Many do not like it and just as many it is just nauseating; poor them I would say.
Anyway, I see it more masculine than feminine, to be used in any season without problems being not a conventional marine. Persistence and projection absolutely out of the ordinary; on clothes, if sprayed directly, it will remain even after several washes and on coats it remains for weeks or months, and on the skin after more than 10 hours it still projects like a normal perfume after 2 hours from vaporization. Ciaone just.
the pure ocean
who expects to get here a fragrance of the associations with turquoise water and white beaches to get here is definitely wrong. he really smells like the wild stormy sea on a cliff, which foams and in which also swim a few algae. orto parisi has captured this smell of the stormy sea really perfect and projected on the fragrance dna. when you spray it on, it takes a bit of getting used to for the first 60 minutes, i admit. unfortunately, it smells a bit too loud and tart. however, after the drydown, it unfolds its full potential and becomes much more balanced and very round. it's perfect for hot days (25 degrees and more), because it's not sweet at all. just this smell of salty ocean, which is rather bitter and cool, is perfect for summer days. what makes the scent special is that the durability and sillage are really outstanding. it lasts a good +12 hours on the skin, which is rather rare with these fresh fragrances. it also projects incredibly strongly. the other reviews here in which it says that you would not get it off I can unfortunately not understand. if you wash the perfumed back of your hand with soap, the scent is gone and even on fabric it does not survive a boil wash ;). to speak of contamination or similar extremes I find here completely inappropriate. it lasts long and well and who would like that is here exactly right. who wants to have a discreet scent of course that quickly evaporates and is only close to the skin perceptible, is of course wrong here ... please do not buy the fragrance blindly, otherwise clear buy recommendation! super summer niche fragrance.

Real beast!
With this perfume, there is no compromise. On my skin, extremely linear. Strong, powerful, impossible not to notice. It is impossible to remain indifferent. You can hate or love him but you can’t keep quiet about him. Noticeable Black Afgano DNA.
For summer ...? I'm not so sure. Yesterday around 7 in the morning I applied 3 sprays on myself. What a mistake. It was 27 degrees outside and I "killed" everything around me within a radius of 10 meters!!! I think I also caused the oxidation of the metal surfaces where I passed. After 36 hours (two showers), it is still noticeable on the skin! You just can’t get it out of your system so easily.
A masterpiece.
Bestscent
Love at second, third or fourth sight...
After I smelled this fragrance the first time I thought he somehow smells like Maggi. Stale, musty, just nciht good... Two days ago I gave the whole again a Chanze and what can I say, the second time I have "understood" the fragrance. It really smells like the deep ocean, algaey, salty and kinda chemical in the drydown. But somehow good chemical...
The longevity is an atom bomb. I was still smelling the scent on the back of my hand after !!!24!!! Hours still smelled on the back of my hand (I was probably 6x hand wash and shower). The sillage was room-filling with 2 spritzes.
Who is really interested should test the fragrance, but do not give up directly the first time.

BertolucciKBertolucciK 30 days ago
Megamare is like being in Nazaré (Portugal) watching the giant waves on a winter day. It's a storm at sea with the wreckage of a caravel.
Blako11Blako11 5 months ago
No apto para interiores. Arrasarás en exteriores, más de 24 horas...
MeneeixMeneeix 8 months ago
My favorite fragrance, inhalation of a rough ocean on a stormy day.
RonniweRonniwe 8 months ago
Incredible fragance...Shelf life and Sillage, it couldn't be better.
The bottle looks beautiful.
NgarciaNgarcia 11 months ago
Coast, rocks, salt, it has an special soul, sea, not summer, fall or spring, some clouds, calm, peace, try before buying.
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 1 year ago
A rather challenging and unique, yet fresh salty/spicy aquatic Summer fragrance, balanced by a pronounced animalic-woody base. Beast mode!
Amazon1975Amazon1975 2 years ago
Salty with a sweetness. Can't compare it to anything. Seaweed and crushed shells. Mind blowing. A new favourite.
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 2 years ago
Not the tipical oceanic fragance. It is fresh, It is suitable for Warmer days... But also Deep, intense and very longlasting... A beast!
ItchynoseItchynose 2 years ago
Water, water everywhere, nor any drop to drink... salty, mossy, mineral, a vivid picture of the high seas.

by AlexW
by AlexW
Ambroxmare.Lebt :-P :-D :-!
by Seejungfrau
Erster Eindruck - versaut wie Seminalis(die schweißige Süße)Vetiver/salzig/animalisch/aquatisch - mit Kratzspuren.Maskulin - sehr - auch feminin :-P Das weiche pigtuch war bei der Lieferung dabei :)
by Seejungfrau
by Stere
by Emorandeira
by Emorandeira

Popular Orto Parisi

Terroni by Orto Parisi Stercus by Orto Parisi Brutus by Orto Parisi Bergamask by Orto Parisi Viride by Orto Parisi Boccanera by Orto Parisi Seminalis by Orto Parisi Cuoium by Orto Parisi