Megamare 2019

Megamare by Orto Parisi
Megamare is a perfume by Orto Parisi for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is aquatic-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase.
Scent goes well with Erba Pura

Submitted by JoHannes, last update on 12.04.2021.

Dissapointment

I refuse to accept that you have to pay 280 euros (converted to 100 ml format ) to smell like this , which in the end is heavily loaded with calone and ambroxan .

The opening is difficult . It combines a sweet note that is difficult to describe ( it´d be like gummies that vaguely reminds me of 1 Million , but I'd have to test it more , it's only a first sight ) with a lot of calone . I don't like that opening . Personally , I find difficult to associate calone with something like sea , vacations , beach ... or rough seas and ocean depths as they say with this perfume ( I don't understand ). Calone smells more chemical-ish and stagnant water to me .

Fortunately , calone and the sweet note are toned down overtime ( although they keep alive all the way through ) to raise the marine note , something abstract but could be associated with algae . Here I could say that I like it .

It continues evolving as the hours go by , making ambroxan more remarkable . The marine point is still smelled but you perceive that synthetic , sharp edge , almost of black pepper that is not to my tastes . Not as prominent as in Sauvage of course , but it annoys me a bit .

As far as performance goes , it's high , and it gave me a compliment just sprayed , but I'm not so sure that it lasts several showers and so on . I put it on at around 7 pm and when I woke up in the morning I couldn't smell it .

Victim once again of huge hypes that set my expectations too high .

Barbalix
The bad, the ugly, and the sea
Right now, I have around 50 bottles in my collection, which is not that much..but...I am not sure if I have ever worn a fragrance for more than one week in a row, every day, everywhere.
People around me know that I am fragfan, and that I love to wear different fragrances, so maybe this is the reason they do not give compliments so often. Well, not with this one. "What perfume are you wearing" - never ever got more positive reactions.
We may think that as this is a sea fragrance, it is mostly for summer, and maybe for spring. But I have to tell you that I went with my family on skying one week ago. Outside was -12° C. This beast was projecting for 4 hours, and after at least 7 hours more in the hotel and restaurant, while we were inside and went outside to smoke. It was late nigh, around midnight when my friends asked me if I sprayed it again. 3 sprays in the morning! Hahh.

I said many times that for me, the scent itself is always more important than its performance, but well, performance is also very important. With this one, I got it. I know so many fragrances which are "beast" frags, but this one stay on the top, this one last forever, even longer than a vintage non-magnetic cap Interlude. And this is an aquatic fragrance. The scent itself is a fantasy, the most realistic sea fragrance after Heeley's Sel Marine, but that lasts maybe 30 minutes on my skin. It is linear, synthetic, but honestly I don't really care, I love it, it is just beautiful.

Archaeologist finds confirm megamare
As always: story first, fragrance notes at the very end.

He is a faithful companion to say the least:

If you drive with him on the highway, you have it also soon for you, all the other driving to the right and look, what smells there so, whether they lose gasoline or just faint right away.

So you have space around you and you can enjoy your togetherness until you are at the sea. That's what he wants. No one else just the two of you. Anywhere. And always. Because he won't stop showing you his love, and more importantly, he'll forgive you anything:

Leave it on the balcony in the rain for 3 weeks, spin it at 1600 rpm for five washes in a row. Drag him through Iceland for 3 months and through all the hammam baths of the near east. He won't give up on you and he'll stay right by you. And he'll outlive you. Your kids can get excited, because 50ML will last for at least 3 postmodern eras. Gar archaeologists will make the discovery during excavations that some corpses just smell like corpses and rare corpses smell strangely like sea, sand and abroxane.

I don't think I was exaggerating.

Seaweed, aldehydes, sage or thyme or something, some - yes even - chlorine, brine and some ambroxan. Says my nose. Only

Perfume marino a medias
Gran descubrimiento. Una fragancia que podría catalogarse de marina y veraniega, pero que en mi opinión se puede utilizar también el otoño e invierno. Es una bomba de almizcle, que junto a las notas marinas y un poco maderosas la hacen una fragancia conquistadora y con una duración y proyección brutal. En mi opinión, una fragancia con una índice calidad/precio increíble porque con una o dos atomizaciones tienes suficiente para todo el día. Requiere una inversión relativamente alta, pero su rendimiento , olor y proyección lo compensa.
Storm and stress
Often I am a friend of sober words about fragrances, everyone is different, of course I know that. Megamare is now a perfume which is commented on here every two weeks. Its above-average durability as well as its lack of scents encourages too much creativity. I myself hold Megamare in high esteem, I generally appreciate some Orto Parisi fragrances and smile because of the overdrawn names and the awakened associations, although many are understandable.

Megamare is now one such case. For me it opens quite penetratingly with a symbolically foaming spray, very salty, very sea-scented. It is not the sea of the high gloss holidays, the pleasant and filtered water of the hotel pools. It is rather the strip of Mediterranean sea that one knows, if one really goes for a swim in the salty sea, leaves the resort once.

Only this circumstance would hardly be fulfilling but what always resonates for me here, is the incense. This is not sacral and it peels out slowly. But sometime it dominates and covers the now no longer roaring sea with the splashing spray, but the now relatively calm wet at night with a smoke fog. This fog is grey analogous to the colour of the smoke. No resins burn, it is not sacred incense.

I am honestly not a friend of the start because it really works chemically, it can work anyway. If you put your nose on the skin and take a deep pull, then anyway. I do see the beauty in the wild phase of the fragrance, the storm and stress of youth. To draw a comparison with writers of that period: Megamare is Wieland. Very beautiful pictures, told in detail but lacking that certain something. That's because it only comes in the second phase of Megamare. Namely when it becomes quieter and intensely smoky. Then the resins ignite a strong attraction, then you hardly want to put anything else on. Comparable to Squid only without this, I call it a powdery note. Here impressions and wanderlust to the sea at night, to the gently rolling waves and in the cool air the smoky ingredients glow.

The latter is also the reason why, after days of weighing up, I decided to go for Megamare and against Squid. One should give the scent many hours of time. Otherwise, if I spray five times, here a smaller number is sufficient, otherwise you don't have to overstyle Megamare either. A matching Gualtieri creation, a multi-faceted and evolving fragrance; this is Megamare.
4.5
In the face of Poseidon's Tip
Preface:
I am a big fan of aquatic scents. Be it the Aqva scents by Bvlgari (which I own all of), Oud Minerals by Tom Ford (which I now love idolatrously) or generally fresh aquatic scents ("Water | Cedar | Lime").

The smell:
Megamare does not smell like sea to me personally. But not like that at all. I just smell an unpleasant mixture of very metallic notes (like smelling a rusty pipe) and cold sweat. The latter gives me the rest with this scent. I also smell some salt. But not the kind I associate with sea air.

If Poseidon doesn't change his clothes for a few weeks (yes, in this illustration he's wearing some) and then comes indecently close to you (the closeness where some parts of the body are felt in the lower region), then it would smell just like Megamare. This can certainly be quite appealing in certain roleplay fantasies. She plays Ariel, he the water god himself. I do not judge you for that. I, for one, am throwing in the towel and giving up.

Shelf life:
Avoid contact with clothing. Or burn afterwards. Really not normal.

Packaging:
Beautiful and lovingly designed packaging in "Origami style". The flacon also looks very valuable.
Almost impossible to remove / The noses (ghosts) are separated by this scent
My first comment? I think so. So please look up the possibly amateurish comment for me.

There are basically enough descriptions of the fragrance of Megamare. Also my nose is certainly not able to break a fragrance down into its individual parts, as many people here can. Therefore I leave it also and go more into the force of the fragrance.

I would describe the fragrance as quite fresh and invigorating. So in principle it is quite cool. You can't go wrong with it. This invigorating freshness is especially true when it is only applied to fabric or hair. On the skin it develops more warmth and less freshness. But most of all it has a scent on the skin, which I find a bit repulsive. I cannot describe it. But spray the fragrance on the left sleeve and on the right skin. After a certain time you might smell what I mean in direct comparison. The scent is therefore not wearable on my skin. And on fabric.... well there we are at the next point. Once an item of clothing is "contaminated", the scent is almost impossible to remove. I do have some intense scents (Interlude, Tobacco Vanilla, Tuscan Leather etc.). Nobody connects so inseparably with clothes like this one. It has survived two washes on one of my sweaters. Okay, it wasn't a cooked wash - but 40 degrees. Whether the third wash will help.....I will know soon.

Unfortunately, my wife does not like this scent at all and when I put on the twice freshly washed sweater, she asked me if I had already put on that penetrating scent again. I had not. It was still hanging on the sweater. The scent was not only in homeopathic, but my wife noticed it clearly when I sat down next to her. What a durability beast this fragrance is
For the durability and Sillage still two small examples:
1. I sprayed the scent on a test strip at the first contact in the department store. I took it home with me and the next day it ended up in the open wastebasket in the study. As a result, the whole room smelled of this one sprayer on the test strip for days on end like Megamare. Insanity!
2. In the hair he has also survived several thorough washes. Even my pillow took the scent out of my hair overnight so strongly that my wife asked me to change the cover the next evening
All in all, actually a great scent. But.......special. Definitely give it a try - is worth an experience. But please do not expect too much.

Salty deep sea
I had been considering the Megamare for a long time and was always surprised about the special feature attributed to this fragrance in many comments and statements.
On the basis of the current rating of 7.7, one can certainly see that this fragrance has a polarizing effect. As has already been said several times: usually you love it or you hate it.

Rarely have I found a name more fitting than here: Megamare.
Mega means from the Greek translated as much as "big", Mare means from the Latin translated "sea". By the way, "Mare" is also the word for "big" in the Romanian language.

The fragrance is strong, anything but skin-tight and polarizing. For me it symbolises the salty deep sea. Certainly this fragrance also possesses a touch of freshness, but it is not to be regarded as a classic aquat. Especially the salty DNA plays a strong role in the foreground. Next to it float the fresh, invigorating and slightly tart notes.
It is not a classic summer scent, nor is it a fragrance that immediately brings a Caribbean or Indo-Pacific feeling. Rather a fragrance that also reveals the rough, powerful and uncompromising sides of the ocean.

Megamare shows in a charming and yet dominant way how a small troop of deep-sea fishermen feels after a hard day on rough seas with at the end successful prey in the net!
On the one hand, the effort, soaked, algae-rich salt water on the skin and on the other hand the smile of the fishermen, the pride in the catch, the relief of being back home.

You should be careful with the dosage, it has enormous radiance already with two spray bursts and is a beast in terms of endurance. Until now, I have not been asked about my fragrances in the office too often in such a dominant way. Here, however, almost everyone has made their statement. The complete lower level would smell of me, were the statements I had to put up with.
Most people liked the scent, but a stronger silage would be disturbing and simply too much of a good thing.

Since I am an ocean-loving person, I must say that this fragrance has captured me and taken possession of me
Atlantic in the bottle
Corona scared me away from my dream island Fuerteventura 6 months ago We lived there for almost 4 years, with a view of my beloved Atlantic Ocean.
But now I have a piece of him in a bottle at home!
Full of expectation and very sceptical (due to the sometimes devastating ratings)
i sprayed very carefully a little bit on my forearm.....and Bääähm!!!!
Yeah, I think it's fabulous, really big cinema, for me Oscar suspicious !
On Fuerteventura we spent a lot of time on the west coast, which is deserted because
incredibly rugged and wild. Swimming in the Atlantic Ocean is life-threatening there!
But the natural spectacle of the foaming, seething waves fascinated me again and again.
The air is full of aerosols, salty, fresh, tart and invigorating.
And this is where Megamare comes into play again, the Atlantic aroma captured in this fragrance.
Yes, it's a scent to me, a smell, not a perfume I am overwhelmed for the sentimental reasons I have described.
But I understand if not everyone can handle it. He's already special But I have taken him into my heart and will take him (very reservedly, because
incredibly strong) until I am back on my island on the west coast
can sit and breathe deeply !
Whenever that will be.......
2.5

Synthetic BOMB
This perfume will not leave you indifferent, but the most important thing to be careful with is that it will not leave ANYONE indifferent. Why? It is a real BOMB!, I encourage you to put more than 4 sprays on your skin.

Alessandro Gualtieri does not usually leave anyone indifferent, and in this case, it seems to me that he wanted to risk too much. A salty, marine perfume with a point, perhaps, of ambergris that makes it MEGAtoxic (metaphorically speaking). Although by its conception it might seem summery, but I would never wear it with high temperatures. Special mention to its cap of greenish color, caused by the corrosion of salt water and its lid with an inlay of sea shell.⁣
⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣
Marine, salty, ambergrey?⁣ notes with and extreme longevity and sillage. In these terms you will not be disappointed.

MeneeixMeneeix 2 months ago
My favorite fragrance, inhalation of a rough ocean on a stormy day.
RonniweRonniwe 2 months ago
Incredible fragance...Shelf life and Sillage, it couldn't be better.
The bottle looks beautiful.
NgarciaNgarcia 4 months ago
Coast, rocks, salt, it has an special soul, sea, not summer, fall or spring, some clouds, calm, peace, try before buying.
TeleraTelera 5 months ago
Este aroma envuelve la costa: paseo marítimo, puerto pesquero, lonja, restaurante, freiduría...
Agrada y sorprende. Para cualquier época.
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 9 months ago
A rather challenging and unique, yet fresh salty/spicy aquatic Summer fragrance, balanced by a pronounced animalic-woody base. Beast mode!
Amazon1975Amazon1975 1 year ago
Salty with a sweetness. Can't compare it to anything. Seaweed and crushed shells. Mind blowing. A new favourite.
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 1 year ago
Not the tipical oceanic fragance. It is fresh, It is suitable for Warmer days... But also Deep, intense and very longlasting... A beast!
ItchynoseItchynose 1 year ago
Water, water everywhere, nor any drop to drink... salty, mossy, mineral, a vivid picture of the high seas.
LexaLexa 2 years ago
Salty aquatic seaweeds,a touch of sweetness,a dirty print that makes the fragrance different in every way. Crazy good tehnics.A revelation!

by AlexW
by AlexW
Ambroxmare.Lebt :-P :-D :-!
by Seejungfrau
Erster Eindruck - versaut wie Seminalis(die schweißige Süße)Vetiver/salzig/animalisch/aquatisch - mit Kratzspuren.Maskulin - sehr - auch feminin :-P Das weiche pigtuch war bei der Lieferung dabei :)
by Seejungfrau
by Coolrunner
by Emorandeira
by Emorandeira

Popular Orto Parisi

Terroni by Orto Parisi Brutus by Orto Parisi Stercus by Orto Parisi Viride by Orto Parisi Boccanera by Orto Parisi Bergamask by Orto Parisi Seminalis by Orto Parisi