Megamare by Orto Parisi

Megamare 2019

Eqel
13.04.2021 - 06:35 PM
Dissapointment

I refuse to accept that you have to pay 280 euros (converted to 100 ml format ) to smell like this , which in the end is heavily loaded with calone and ambroxan .

The opening is difficult . It combines a sweet note that is difficult to describe ( it´d be like gummies that vaguely reminds me of 1 Million , but I'd have to test it more , it's only a first sight ) with a lot of calone . I don't like that opening . Personally , I find difficult to associate calone with something like sea , vacations , beach ... or rough seas and ocean depths as they say with this perfume ( I don't understand ). Calone smells more chemical-ish and stagnant water to me .

Fortunately , calone and the sweet note are toned down overtime ( although they keep alive all the way through ) to raise the marine note , something abstract but could be associated with algae . Here I could say that I like it .

It continues evolving as the hours go by , making ambroxan more remarkable . The marine point is still smelled but you perceive that synthetic , sharp edge , almost of black pepper that is not to my tastes . Not as prominent as in Sauvage of course , but it annoys me a bit .

As far as performance goes , it's high , and it gave me a compliment just sprayed , but I'm not so sure that it lasts several showers and so on . I put it on at around 7 pm and when I woke up in the morning I couldn't smell it .

Victim once again of huge hypes that set my expectations too high .

Latest Reviews

EqelEqel 20 days ago
Noble Musk Nights - Jesus del Pozo

Noble Musk Nights Not for me :(
I didn't like it very much . It seems to me that it tries to mix things from successful perfumes making a whole that simply does not please me much to say . A little bit of Aventus dna , a little bit of ambroxan sauvage-like , I can also understand...

EqelEqel 1 month ago
Arabian Nights Woman - Jesus del Pozo

Arabian Nights Woman Very good perfume
I don't know if it's suggestion but I seem to pick up almost all the stated notes . It has that floral point that can vaguely remember saliva that is also felt in APOM and Aqua Vitae Forte and could be the mixture of ylang and orange blossom . Spices...