Stercus 2014

Stercus by Orto Parisi
Stercus is a popular perfume by Orto Parisi for women and men and was released in 2014. The scent is woody-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 24.10.2020.

Yharnam79
"If you have Poopie, fire away!"
There are individual fragrances, so I know in advance that I will not necessarily make only friends with my accompanying comment...
Stercus is way ahead of the curve.

Why?
Because I cannot refrain from mentioning the name and the (associated) "outcry statements" driven by indignation and disgust.
Admittedly, I have already applied this theme to one or two Animals, since I believe that a very similar tendency can be seen in the comments - but primarily in the statements - of fragrances of this kind.

Not that I want to tell anyone what he/she has to like or dislike. Nor what he/she can or cannot write here. My digression has nothing to do with that.
I am more interested in statements that clearly show that there is not necessarily always a test on which to base a test, but rather the motivation - no - the urgent need to express an opinion.
And what is there talked about... or should I in this case deliberately and provocatively say "with poop thrown around"...
Yeah, it's supposed to smell like "shit."
Even after "animal excrement".
Actually, all kinds of excretion.
From human excrement to cow barn to thunder beam.
"Disgusting, repulsive and never wearable".
It is hard to imagine that there is anybody who would like to wear this fragrance and also finds it good.
As a writer, you almost feel compelled to justify that or why you like this fragrance. Apart from the fact that one or the other review almost assumes that you would love to smell like "shit"...

By the way: I grew up in the countryside and went to camp every year for almost 15 years - including thunderbolts! I take it upon myself to say that I do not associate Stercus with going to the toilet, whether human or animal.
What I do admit is that Stercus is a fragrance that knows how to polarize through its earthiness and earthiness, its closeness to body and nature.

But what can I say? The naming and the accompanying hype (no matter in which direction) hit the bull's eye!
And I go a step further and claim that if the bottle said "menstruation", there would be enough voices in the bottle to smell exactly that...
Going into another fragrance direction but at least as controversially discussed: Bull's Blood. Few people would have bothered to research this content sftoff before the big shout went off that the scent would smell of carcasses, slaughterhouse and offal and at best be a scent for necrophiles...

But how does that much discussed "excrement" smell?
"The areas of the body that develop more odour than others are those in which our soul collects. Intense odours have become unpleasant to us - because an excess of soul is unbearable for sensation. Our innate inclination to the animalistic is suppressed by civilization."
*Alessandro Gualtieri

Actually, I prefer to write myself rather than to stick to quotations, but in this case I would like to make an exception, because for my feeling it fits the zemlich genau.

Since when has it been the case that natural or "natural" smells are unpleasant to us?
And of course I don't mean doo-doo or pee-pee!
This applies equally to earth, mud or, for example, authentic leather. It also applies to the natural body odour that each of us has by nature. Again, not to be confused with the smell when someone has not showered for days or after sweating in the gym. Rather the old familiar "I still wear your shirt because it still smells of you" - Ding.

As you can see, I am anxious to avoid or limit any misunderstandings and answers like "well I don't want to smell like shit" from the outset.
I don't want to smell like shit, either!

I just realized that I'm about to be horribly frittered away.

After having more or less directly expressed for a blog article length that I see and perceive the scent a little bit differently than some others, I would like to give all the now annoyed readers a message: it's just my own subjective opinion. And exactly as it is allowed to all other people here and should continue to be allowed, I also take the right to trumpet my own more or less bluntly out here.

Stercus is a demanding scent Strong. Territory marking. Polarizing.
Probably also no fragrance for virgin noses.
Also no fragrance for lovers of "light" fragrances - light here meant in every respect.

Woody-resinous.
Ledrig.
Earthy.
Balsamic-sweetish.
Sharp
he is.

Honest, raw, living, earthy, fertile, steady, potent Adult.
Enveloping and of dark aura.

There are associations of mud, clay, earth, forest and forest animals.
The proud deer, ready to mate, stomps through the undergrowth and thereby emits a deafening mating call.
The wind after a heavy rainfall.
From rain-moist and heat-dry wood.
From old tanned leather.
The sweaty work on a ranch
as well as
a nap in the shade of a huge tree.

None of these nuances and none of these associations cause me discomfort or even indisposition and disgust.
On the contrary.
And even Stercus as a fragrance does not do this.
Quite the opposite.

Stercus is for me a fragrance, whose initially ingenious marketing strategy was or is at the same time a disaster.
For me personally, it is one of the strongest and most independent creations of recent years.
It is both fragrance and (scent) experience.
You don't just wear it; if you let it, it will wear you.

Emorandeira
Warm and balsámic manure... But delicious!
LOVE! This perfume is different and weird but awesome. The dry down is very si ilar to black afgano by nasomatto. It is dark, sweet, balsámic, warm and a bit smoky and animalic. I supose that stercus includes also oud, incense andba mix of different resins. The opening however is very different. The first minutes of stercus are very dirty, with a background which remember a lot to the manure smell, but without being disgusting at ant time, It is only a subtle vibe, as It happens for example un dhanal oud ruwah by rasasi. But after that It becomes esplendorous!
The performance is simply great. The whole day with you. I am working at the moment un a perfume shop. I put on my wristles stercus at 7 am before leaving home, just a drop on each. At 10am i sprayed LOVE by kilian un my job and around 13pm forbbiden ganes by kilian. Even after having sprayed this two also great perfumes i could still smell stercus on my hands (the kilian ones were sprayed on my neck, arms and shirt, but not on the wristles over the orto parisi one). And now, at home being 18;30pm i can only smell a bit the kilian ones but o can feel still strong stercus around me. I camt imaginé how could It be if i was sprayed It generously (but i only had a 0?5ml free sample without sprayer).
Yo sum Up this is a wonderful unisex perfume but different yo the trendy Inés so It is necessary try It before buying. This is a LOVE or haté...

Scent: 8.5
Longevity: 9
Sillage: 8
Quality/price: 6
Versatility: 6
Originality: 9
Global: 9
Stinky Stinky
The title says it all. Bye Bye.

Of course it's rubbish. Thanks to a good deal in the souk I was able to add the third Orto Parisi to my collection (although I wanted to reduce it). I had previously read quite a lot about the brown brew and was honestly just interested in getting a taste of it
First sprayer: Like the other two in my collection, this stuff felt like varnish, super oily, so there was probably a lot of perfume oil in it - great. I wave my arm through the air a little and take a strong whiff of the fragrance. Sacrament, the stuff in the top note really smells like... yes how actually? Somehow spicy, woody, sweet, animalistic and a little bit like faeces. Somehow interesting, but not deterrent, on the contrary. The scent here reminds me strongly of farm - hay, fences, old wood and animals; the whole thing then paired with some sun and warmth and then I have my association of the top note.

The Drydown: After about 1-2 hours this initial smell became clearly sweeter, less animalistic and much rounder. Here it should be said that the sillage of this stuff is relatively brutal - not suitable for the office. The smell that is now coming into my nose is so familiar to me and yet I did not get it right away - Mozartkugeln. Stercus smells to me like Mozartkugeln or better said like pistachio marzipan in the drydown (relatively widespread in Italy, especially in the south of the country). The sweetness was just wonderful and from here on also a good attention-grabber and compliment-getter. From here on, however, the scent hardly changes. This sweet pistachio smell will eventually be accompanied only by wood, maybe even a little vetiver.

Sillage and durability (+10h) are brutal on all my Orto Parisis and I suspect that the rest will move in with me as well. So don't be put off and try this scent.

Pleasantly surprised
I thought this might be along the lines of alessandro Gaultieri’s Nasomatto creations such as Pardon & Duro which I like however Stercus from Orto Parisi is very different much lighter and easier to wear with a almost fresh yet deep smell which I find hard to describe however I really like it, and feel that’s it’s a definite winner from the house.

BoBoChampBoBoChamp 9 days ago
A slightly challenging, yet gentle earthy-leathery and warm resinous-woody Fall fragrance, with a pungent spicy-sweet animalic opening.
Amazon1975Amazon1975 101 days ago
Definitely has a poo vibe....bit skanky but dry down is black afgano.....lasts a long time
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 10 months ago
The subtle manure vibe at first becomes warm, sweet and smoky at the dry down, being similar to the dry down of black afgano but lighter...
IsaacIsaac 15 months ago
It's woody, lesthery animalic( castoreoum musk)
MRothMRoth 24 months ago
Bodily waste? Hardly! Instead a rich, syrupy, wood/musk and indolic leather. Creamy, inoffensive animalics with hints of cinnamon and spice.

by Babylon
by Babylon
by FLUidENTITY
by FLUidENTITY
by Thecombad
by Thecombad

Popular Orto Parisi

Terroni by Orto Parisi Brutus by Orto Parisi Viride by Orto Parisi Megamare by Orto Parisi Boccanera by Orto Parisi Bergamask by Orto Parisi Seminalis by Orto Parisi