Gentleman by Oscar de la Renta

Gentleman is a perfume by Oscar de la Renta for men and was released in 2016. The scent is fresh-spicy. It is being marketed by Inter Parfums.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Champagne, Grapefruit, Cardamom
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeranium, Rosemary, Black tea
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Haitian vetiver, Woody notes, Labdanum

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 01.10.2019

8.0 7.0 7.0 7.5/10

Premiere
Like now?

What's that?

I thought this place was full of bears and now I'm the first?
None yet?

Personally, I think that's a pity.
Well, then I have the honour to write a first comment on this fragrance.

Premiere for me.

First of all you on the right have indicated that you have this fragrance... Congratulations. He can do something, right?

Yeah, I think so too.
You could have said so. Ok at least 6 statements, which tell a little something. Thank you, boys and lady. I'll do the rest.

Where do I start?
I'll say at the beginning. In the beginning the earth was a fireball and then came the dinosaurs...ach ne that's another story.

In the beginning there was this heavy 100ml bottle that looks like a giant domino. Quite a moped what one holds there in the hand and if one takes off the lid, then one has also dismantled the domino in 2 halves, thus large flacon with large cap.
I like it, even if some might think it's kitschy, it looks cool in the collection.

My next thought was, well hopefully the content can do something, because this was a blind buy. I always find it exciting and for little money it's fun, but I've never really fallen on my face with it, can stay that way.

All right, let's take a look at that scent. Ready?
I diesel myself with it, 4-5 sprayers it will have been and off goes the wild nose run.

The beginning:
It starts fruity and spicy, but discreet, because he's a gentleman, not a loudspeaker, which first.
Bergamot and grapefruit set the tone together with cardamom. I don't notice much of champagne, but I don't know what it smells like either. Like champagne? I don't smell that either, hardly any alcohol either, but maybe this is just for background music. Anyway, that's nice. It is then slightly sweet.

Towards the middle a beautiful teen note develops. Black tea or Chinese oolong tea takes over the command, spiced with a few herbs like rosemary. Fortunately I don't notice the flower of death (rose geranium). YAY!

Finally the amber begins to spread, the labdanum provides balsaminess which becomes slightly powdery at the end. So the scent ends after about 5-6h.

It reminds you of Gucci Pour Homme II and The One to give you an overview. The boy here, as mentioned, is a gentleman and lives up to his name. Unobtrusive, slightly fresh, always slightly spicy and smooth. An office scent that can also be used all year round, with the exception of a hot summer.

So who has the desire to test it absolutely times...Clearly so far?

Until then