Live in Love 2012

Live in Love by Oscar de la Renta
Live in Love is a perfume by Oscar de la Renta for women and was released in 2012. The scent is floral-fresh. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Galbanum, Green violet, Hyacinth, Ginger orchid
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine sambac, Orange blossom, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Sandalwood, White woods, Cedarwood

Submitted by Baeumchen, last update on 26.12.2020.

a weather counter-draft
It's raining! It was already raining when I opened my eyes in the morning and I guess it's not supposed to stop that quickly. November announces itself accordingly!
It's time for warming stews!

After a "spoiled" morning, among others with craftsmen, in front of whom I again stood there as a little idiot ("Women and technology: Well, you know what to do!" with a corresponding change of view), I don't like what I am offered anymore!
I want sunshine, I want blossoming and I want laughter, cheerfulness and an exhilarating "flight to heaven".
Well, clearly: I want Oscar de la Renta's "Live in Love"!
Already at the first meeting this cheerful, light scent seduced me to an air swing.
The other day, during one of my long autumn walks, I met two swings, to which I did not have to trudge knee-deep through the sand, and so one of them was mine, of course! Too old? Oh, what: what do you mean too old?!
Early Sunday morning, no one was surprised. Honestly: It was wonderful to float towards the Sunday bell sound!
So, there's spraying:
"Come on the swing, Luise! It's a big plaisir You feel like paradise..."

"Live in Love" is now not one of those old wooden boat swings that stand for romantic encounters. But it does offer an entrance that captures the early summer:
The unusual ginger orchid (not only pompously sweet, but also with a slightly biting pungency) appears with the usual following: bergamot, of course, and everything fresh and flowery.
This is an interesting base for the heart note, in which jasmine samba and orange blossom play a large, heartwarming role.
The rose seems to hold back a little; or is it a beautiful yellow tea rose that does not immediately lospowert?
In any case, it doesn't play a big role in my opinion, but it is there.
Beautiful and sunny is "Live in Love" so far, but still needs some support.
Woody notes ground this smiling air spirit; sandalwood, musk and amber let it grow up. The teenage years of this sunshine child are thus over.
Instead of the first colourful wreath of flowers, this scented woman now wears a wide swinging summer dress; not too transparent and light, but still very lively and caressing: it is very easy to slip into it!
Oskar de la Renta offers with "Live in Love" female fragrant joy of life.
"Oh! Come on the swing, Luise I'll rock you here and there And then show you in the meadow,
Luise, how good I am for you Floating on the swing, that's like life,
is fun and scary and does not take long.
Sometimes up and sometimes down, a little dizziness at times.
That's where it's best, if someone holds you down!
Come on the swing, Luise!"

A few cheerful hours can be easily spent with this summer flirtation and thus easily follow an invitation on the swing or even on the meadow.
"Live in Love" goes well with it; from the blooming meadow to the wide fragrant sky!
"A little Flirtation" with a not quite everyday summer scent is definitely worth it.
If not "Live in Love" under the southern sun, rain clouds and November grey are excluded with its help.

Pretty, feminine and exhilarating is this fragrance dream by Oskar de la Renta.
An invitation to enjoy life, no matter what the lousy circumstances.
"Love your life
Alexandrea
A sparkling tauperle on a spring morning...
that was my idea of "my" new summer scent My perfume collection is (still) quite manageable, although I have already added the scents of my daughter (living in the household). Mother and daughter, however, should perhaps not necessarily smell the same, even if they understand each other so well - it requires a certain demarcation. Clothing can be combined and staged in different ways, but this tends to be difficult with perfumes. Well, I digress...
Back to the search for "my" summer perfume. This should fulfil a few criteria that contradict my other preferences: no humming, moderate sillage and a socially acceptable composition of the fragrance components that doesn't give the people with whom I share a room a headache - and doesn't polarize them to a high degree, of course it should still please me. Thought processes that spontaneously remind me of the old Ü-Egg advertising.
So I thought about where the fragrance journey should go, had no plan and turned my crate upside down. I liked one fragrance quite well during testing: Yves Saint Laurent's Saharienne. I liked the citric prelude and looked at Parfumo to see what the community had to say about the perfume. Already during this time Saharienne evaporated quite fast, which I do not find so bad in principle. The comments and evaluations confirmed my impression. Ok, with summer scents it is quite ok, if you spray, no problem - that's what I thought until I determined the price! For the course, a perfume must last longer and must not dry down after just under an hour. So I clicked through the scents and explored what perfumes they contained. At one point, I got stranded on Live in Love.

I liked the fragrance pyramid quite well at the first go, but, what a misfortune, the production was obviously stopped. Hm, no matter, ask Aunt Google anyway and she told me: bigger unit available for relatively small money! Bingo!!! I ordered blind and today my bottles arrived. What can I say: I am very impressed!

The fragrance
On my skin "Live in Love" smells pleasantly fresh, the citric notes are invigorating, but there is even more that fascinates me. Unfortunately, I can only identify a few fragrances in general, but I can at least describe what associations I associate with "Live in Love" and why I like it so much. Above all, I notice that the white flowers remain in the foreground, while the green components underline them only discreetly. This makes the fragrance smell more complex and adult than some teeny water, but definitely neither harsh nor scratchy on my skin. "Live in Love" smells wonderfully spring-like and reminds me of the pleasant freshness of a flower meadow in the early hours of the morning: cool, glittering dew drops pearl over the opening flowers, which gently send their beguiling scent into the beginning day. I am fascinated by this lightness, which, as already said, has a very refreshing effect, but by no means "clean". The Sillage is moderate, so that I do not force anybody scented, the durability with good 3 hours is not top, but ok and by the current price policy justifiable. Drydown: I leave white wood and a hint of amber behind, overall very soft, light and unobtrusive.

"Live in Love" is in a good mood and lively - and that's exactly the kick I need when I'll be standing in the centrally ventilated and overheated classroom again tomorrow to motivate my heavy-punching 8s to work together in the last lesson. So, and since my kiddies don't turn up their noses in the "trial phase since purchase" or even follow me with biting comments, I order more - in case "Live in Love" is currently only sold out.

Conclusion
Live in Love shimmers like a sparkling taupe on a petal on a spring morning... evaporates relatively quickly. If necessary, however, you can spray it again, which is much better for my purposes than an overdose. I would find this extremely annoying for high press products, but here the price-performance ratio is really ok.

To the comparison drawn in other comments with freshly washed and sun-dried laundry: it fits! I love that, but this fragrance disappears after a short wearing time. "Live in Love" smells almost as filigree, but has a lot more to offer.
For me this perfume is a suitable companion for the day and both for the work, and for the spare time in the best way suitable. In the evening or on special occasions it may be a bit more special ;-)

by Veronique
by Veronique
.... and rest in peace...
by Sunnyiland
by Sunnyiland

Popular Oscar de la Renta

Pour Lui (Eau de Toilette) by Oscar de la Renta Oscar / Oscar de la Renta (1977) (Parfum) by Oscar de la Renta ****** d'Oscar (Eau de Toilette) by Oscar de la Renta Oscar / Oscar de la Renta (1977) (Eau de Toilette) by Oscar de la Renta Oscar for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Oscar de la Renta ****** d'Oscar (Eau de Parfum) by Oscar de la Renta Volupté (Eau de Toilette) by Oscar de la Renta Oscar Velvet Noir by Oscar de la Renta Gentleman by Oscar de la Renta Intrusion (Eau de Parfum) by Oscar de la Renta Oscar (Eau de Toilette) by Oscar de la Renta So de la Renta (Eau de Toilette) by Oscar de la Renta Oriental Lace by Oscar de la Renta Something Blue by Oscar de la Renta Oscar Celebration by Oscar de la Renta Ruffles (Eau de Toilette) by Oscar de la Renta Santo Domingo by Oscar de la Renta Volupté (Parfum) by Oscar de la Renta Oscar Rose by Oscar de la Renta Bella Blanca by Oscar de la Renta