****** d'Oscar 2011Eau de Toilette

****** d'Oscar (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Oscar de la Renta for women and was released in 2011. The scent is floral-powdery. The production was apparently discontinued.

Perfumers & Creative Guidance

Frank Voelkl
Ann Gottlieb (Produktentwicklerin)

Top Notes Top NotesSicilian lemon, Citron
Heart Notes Heart NotesEgyptian jasmine, Orange blossom, Tuberose, Parma violet, Iris
Base Notes Base NotesHeliotrope, Musk, Tonka bean, Vetiver, Amber

Submitted by Magdulenka, last update on 26.03.2020.

Serenissima
... and the Oscar goes...
No, not "Strong, strong, strong, Oscar." But this racy southern blonde has already earned a very special distinction for grace and lightness.
For he is blond, this whirlwind, who dances with lively steps onto the fragrance stage!
A cloud of lively and aromatic citrus freshness plays around this appearance: Sicily sends its greetings in a charming way!
Jasmin's white flower beauty and the fragrant delicacy of orange blossoms adorn the scent dress that this jaunty creature wears so magically.
A little iris powder dampens the exuberance for a moment before Parma violets and tuberose generously give away their very special aromas.
In this charming women's fragrance, dark purple heliotrope and the sweetness of tonka bean replace the erotic warm vanilla: Aphrodite strolls laughing through this scent and seduces in a light, not overwhelming way with a portion of mischief in the neck to a small (or even bigger) dalliance!
So that these airy scent swirls do not completely lose their grip on the ground, traction was added in the form of vetiver and creamy musk. Cleverly done, but not too damping or disturbing the harmonic movement.
So don't worry: skirt and hair are still fluttering in the summer wind!
Of course Amber is also a must: "** d'Oscar" is a fragrance for women that emphasizes the presence of the wearer For me, the liveliness of a fragrant, radiant summer lives in this tasteful flower flacon.

Even as a young woman, the name Oscar de la Renta fascinated me: it sounded like mysterious exoticism.
The great time of his fashion I have still experienced in the corresponding journals: he also paid homage to the beauty of women and his creations were not yet led across the catwalk by blasé looking creatures! (They were a bit very thin though!)

"*>> d'Oscar" is my first acquaintance with his fragrances and I am thrilled how much shimmering light and flowery elegance I meet here.
This is not a heavy-blooded seduction of the senses, but a cheerful laughter and dancing through a wonderfully feminine scent composition!

This bottling, for which I thank Gelis very much, will rest until summer and then we will both see what we can do together.
"Hasta manana 'til we meet again
Don't know where, don't know when..."
I'm sure I'll come up with something along with this summer magic Just watch out when our time comes!

Sophisticated classic!

What we have here is a beautiful, elegant classic from the 70's! I get a bitter lemon opening with lavender & some floral arrangements, it is sweet, not sugary sweet.

There are herbs to cut out some of the sweetness. It is for a classy individual more so for an adult because I do not see this type of fragrance appealing to the younger gals. I owned a vintage EDT that I acquired but only kept for nostalgia reasons.

One day my granny came to visit me & I gave her my bottle of Oscar & she absolutely LOVED IT! She was happy to have it & I was happy she enjoys it! This is ideal for fall/winter wear as that is where it shines. It projects nicely & it last at least 8 hours on me. This was created in the 70's yet it does not smell dated! Enjoy!

Bright, warm, beautiful!
I aquired ** d'Oscar in a blind swap, and I expected something bright, fresh, probably light and summery. I was slightly worried, as that type of fragrances usually don't last on me and in general aren't quite strong enough for my liking.
I was in for a surprise.
Yes, it is definitely fresh. It is definitely bright. Very bright and uplifting, a ray of sunlight - but not at all weak and fleeting. Not "cute" either, but very sophisticated. Elegant and casual at the same time. It's spring now, and it seems the perfect time to wear
d'Oscar. I'm think it will do really well for me in summer too - and fall - probably even winter! It's warm enough for that.
The drydown is one of the most beautiful I've encountered. I'm fussy about drydowns, most of them are too sweet and fat for me. This is the perfect blend of all good things.
Sillage is good, but not too strong for working environments. Discreet, but detectable. I like to be able to smell myself without putting my wrist to my nose, but I can be slightly embarrassed if I reek through the room in the wrong context, if that makes sense.
Longevity is amazing. It's been 8 hours and I can still smell it, which means I can expect at least 10 hours of pleasure from this gem.
What more can you possibly ask for?

So so beautiful
This is a bright and soapy sunshine off a perfume . a real lady whit a gentel soul
The Orange flowers , citrus , heliotrop and tuberose are batteling it out in this . The citrusy zing off the flowers brighten this beauty. the heliotrop , softends and smoode things out. yes there is a whiff off similarity to L heur bleau. but not "alike" i would say . This is like a gentler side off Oscars original perfume , Put in some gental notes and a sleepy heliotrop :) to slow things down . make it more down to earth.Like taking a break from a though stressfull day put your feath up and clouse your eyes and breath .. there you have the moment off oscar espirit.
All in all this is a very nice twizt to the original . For a slightly younger lady .. A little goes a long way .

a little treasure

This is s perfect for a spring morning. the brighness off the sun meets the bright morning whit a clean fresh shower.. cooling like the morning dew in the gras ..just a little warmth from the sun..The spring flowers just abut to burst . love in the air.. This has a romantic feal to it.. Like when you put this one you all off a sudden gets to see all the beauty around you .. like the first love will make you walk on a pink clouds .. everything i beautiful, joyous and sharfull.. At the same time this has a calming feal to it ,do to the powderyness off heliotrop.. Like getting in touch whit the soule off things aswell.. I love this

AnessaAnessa 3 years ago
Suddenly Woman ISuddenly Woman I/Avon Rare Gold--thinner, but in the same vein. Not fresh nor light on me, a little goes a long way, space- and time-wise.
MarleenCMarleenC 3 years ago
If you like classy, elegant scents, this is a must-have. Very affordable but expensive smelling. Powder Power!

Discussions about ****** d'Oscar (Eau de Toilette)

Franfan20 in Parfumo Research

by Nikolina
by Parfümliebe
by Parfümliebe

Popular Oscar de la Renta

Pour Lui (Eau de Toilette) by Oscar de la Renta Oscar / Oscar de la Renta (1977) (Parfum) by Oscar de la Renta ****** d'Oscar (Eau de Parfum) by Oscar de la Renta Oscar for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Oscar de la Renta Volupté (Eau de Toilette) by Oscar de la Renta Live in Love by Oscar de la Renta Oscar Velvet Noir by Oscar de la Renta Oscar / Oscar de la Renta (1977) (Eau de Toilette) by Oscar de la Renta Intrusion (Eau de Parfum) by Oscar de la Renta Gentleman by Oscar de la Renta So de la Renta (Eau de Toilette) by Oscar de la Renta Oscar (Eau de Toilette) by Oscar de la Renta Oscar Celebration by Oscar de la Renta Ruffles (Eau de Toilette) by Oscar de la Renta Something Blue by Oscar de la Renta Oriental Lace by Oscar de la Renta Santo Domingo by Oscar de la Renta Volupté (Parfum) by Oscar de la Renta Oscar Rose by Oscar de la Renta Bella Rosa by Oscar de la Renta