Red Leather 2012

Red Leather by PK Perfumes
Red Leather is a perfume by PK Perfumes for women and men and was released in 2012. The scent is spicy-leathery. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Paul Kiler

Buchu, Rhubarb, Pink pepper, Pink grapefruit, Dianthine®, Carnation, Red rose, Ylang-ylang, Neroli, Davana, Spices, Bay rum, Rum, Patchouli, Teak, Virginia cedar, Woods, Musk, Amber, Suede, Castoreum, Civet, Leather

Submitted by LuckyDog, last update on 25.05.2020.

Surrealistic Red Leather
I think that when Paul says that this is a Leather like no other, he is not joking. I was thinking that this might be so far his most challenging creation for me. It made me feel strange at first, trying to fit what was familiar and odd here, until it ocurred to me that this is a kind of surrealistic leather, something that i never saw before. I get a series of contradictions, of a fragrance that has a butchery, carnal and animalic leather at the same time it smells like birch-like polished boots. The red here causes me a strange impression at first. It hits you strong at the opening and it's such a mixture of colorful materials that produces me illusions, like objects that shouldn't be there but seems to be anyway: i get the pepper,grapefruit, but at the same time i get an intense passionfruit aroma, which seems to turn into rhubarb very fast. Once i get used with the strangeness of this fruity things in a double leather impression, i see the last demanding sides of it: the powdery, hot carnation aroma, the very discreet use of roses, the boozy bay rum touch, the cedary incense working at background. The complete the scene, work as pieces that seems to produce the normal part of this surrealistic ambience. I don't know if, after understanding it, i'm scared or fascinated. Maybe both? Certainly i would like to smell it more times to understand the strangeness it causes me at first.

A Tannery
I am trying to like this scent, but I can't. It reminds me of a leather tannery where the leather sits in vats and is treated.

The top notes assault the nose with a potent leathery smell and although over time the scent gets softer, it just cannot win me over. It is quite an experience.

The scent is reminiscent more of a time and a place than something that one would want to spray on.

Too bad ... because that is the second scent of Paul Kiler's samples and the first one, "Ere", is quite nice.

Popular PK Perfumes

Maderas de Oriente Oscuro by PK Perfumes Cafe Diem by PK Perfumes Ere by PK Perfumes Cuir Moderne by PK Perfumes Dirty Rose by PK Perfumes Violet Chocolatier by PK Perfumes Gold Leather by PK Perfumes Ginger Zest de Citron by PK Perfumes Velvet Curaçao by PK Perfumes Carissa by PK Perfumes Starry Starry Night by PK Perfumes Zaffran by PK Perfumes Pentecost by PK Perfumes