Indian Coconut Nectar 2010Perfume

Indian Coconut Nectar (Perfume) by Pacifica
Indian Coconut Nectar (Perfume) is a perfume by Pacifica for women and was released in 2010. The scent is gourmand-sweet. It is still in production.

Coconut, Vanilla

Submitted by Tarata, last update on 20.05.2020.

2.5

Toasted Coconut
I have the roll on oil. Opens very sweet vanilla with sandalwood and toasted coconut. The vanilla is strong while the coconut is just a backup player, noticeable but not as much as I would have liked or even expected by the name.

It quickly dries down to a warm, sweet, skin level scent on me and I get nice whiffs of it as I move around hours later. So although I like the super sweet, comforting warmth of this it doesn't pack enough punch for a daily scent for me. I do enjoy it as evening lounging around the housed scent.

Not as coconutty as I would have liked
"Where is the coconut?", was one of the first things I uttered when I tried Indian Coconut Nectar for the first time. It smelt a lot like cherry flavoured cough syrup which reminded me of feeling ill as a child. This was not that delicious, foody coconut on a tropical island that I was searching for.

The opening was very sweet and gooey, with a strong cherry accord. My father was quick to comment that I smelt like a lollipop. The sweetness actually made me feel a little self-conscious, so I was quick to cover my wrists with a thick jacket sleeve to subdue the sillage.

For at least the first hour or so, Indian Coconut Nectar seemed to be all about the cherries, until thankfully the heart introduced the 'coconut'. This coconut accord is perhaps more vanillary than most, also a tad synthetic. It's not dry, nor is it tropical. On the skin it smells pleasing enough, however it's not what I'd call a truthful interpretation of coconut. I've owned lotions and lip balms that smell more coconutty than this.

My disappointment has evidently spilled over into this review. I find the name very misleading. To be fair, I have given this fragrance two chances, and I found that on the second day of wearing, Indian Coconut Nectar has a rather pretty drydown, which is probably the most coconutty you'll get from this composition.

The scent's good points include its rather strong sillage and great longevity. The drydown, as I mentioned before, is commendable. I only wish that the whole composition was as satisfying. This review is for the EDT, however from what I've read, the solid perfume is much better.

by Madkat
by Madkat

Popular Pacifica

French Lilac (Perfume) by Pacifica Persian Rose (Perfume) by Pacifica Tibetan Mountain Temple (Perfume) by Pacifica Mexican Cocoa (Perfume) by Pacifica Hawaiian Ruby Guava (Perfume) by Pacifica Malibu Lemon Blossom (Perfume) by Pacifica Nerola Orange Blossom (Perfume) by Pacifica Tuscan Blood Orange (Perfume) by Pacifica Island Vanilla (Perfume) by Pacifica Mediterranean Fig (Perfume) by Pacifica Tahitian Gardenia (Perfume) by Pacifica Waikiki Pikake (Perfume) by Pacifica Sugared Amber Dreams by Pacifica California Star Jasmine (Perfume) by Pacifica Lotus Garden (Perfume) by Pacifica Brazilian Mango Grapefruit (Perfume) by Pacifica Spanish Amber (Perfume) by Pacifica Sandalwood (Perfume) by Pacifica Avalon Juniper (Perfume) by Pacifica Madagascar Spice (Perfume) by Pacifica