Tuscan Blood Orange 2007Perfume

Tuscan Blood Orange (Perfume) by Pacifica
Tuscan Blood Orange (Perfume) is a perfume by Pacifica for women and was released in 2007. The scent is fruity-sweet. It is still in production.

Blood orange, Strawberry, Raspberry, Mandarin orange, Orange

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 16.10.2020.

Fresh juicy sweet orange
I'm reviewing the roller ball version. It is basically a one note, linear scent but one of the better ones that I have. I get the scent of a freshly cut sweet orange. Not tart and it is juicy fruity sweet not sugary sweet. I will occasionally wear this one its own but I really enjoy layering it. I use it to tone down tart citrus scents, to perk up blah florals, or to change up or add umph to others.

I tried the spray and agree with the others that it is too sweet, I also had the solid but found that one a touch too sharp so I gave it away.. Glad I got the roller ball, as Goldilocks said 'This one is just right' for me.

Now Bursting with Succulent Fruit Flavor
Pacifica is the darling of the modern Ecofriendly "Natural Oil" fragrance movement in the US. Widely available at many natural foods stores- I have had most of them at some point- aside from the florals which I find a bit too punchy and irritating on their own. Made with great attention to sustainable source ingredients and non-irritating carrier oils, diluents, this line is both diverse and filled with great "one-liners"-linear but well done light essences. Tuscan Blood Orange, Mediterranean Fig, Malibu Lemon Blossom and the lusciously creamy Vera Cruz Vanilla are some of my favorites from this line.

Tuscan Blood Orange carries both the infectious beat of a Daft Punk Dance club hit single and the easy vibe of strolling through the orange groves, under the midsummer sun, reaching for a ripe blood orange and cutting a fresh wedge then inhaling deeply. This is a juicy succulent slightly sweet blood orange with a natural Gala/Braeburn/Jazz apple bottom married with a subtle strawberry-raspberry note. This is definitely not an old fashion Navel orange, tangerine or mandarin. It really accurately captures that unique burst of honeyed juiciness from a freshly cut blood orange and it is about as fruity fresh as one can get without getting sticky or sickly sweet. I use the high quality glycerin soap intermittently year round but the fragrance is strictly a Summertime/tropical experience for me- though it might ward off the winter doldrums with its kinetic starburst flavored charisma. I think it could be layered beautifully with the Mexican Chocolate, Sandalwood or Tibetan Mountain Temple's resinous Indonesian patchouli/ginger/vetiver blend for a more complex and versatile experience.

Tuscan Blood Orange solid perfume
As I mentioned in my comment below, I did not like the spray version of this scent at all, finding it way too sweet and artificial smelling. I have to say, though, that the solid version is pretty good. It is softer, more natural smelling, and although on the sweet side, not screamingly so.

As I love orange as a note in perfumes, one of my favorite ways to use this is layered with another scent in order to bump up or add an orange component. It can also serve to anchor an orange note and make it less fleeting (a common problem with citruses in general). I usually don't use this one on it's own, though, as it is just too much straight-up orange for me.

All in all, I'm glad to have Tuscan Blood Orange in my perfume arsenal and will no doubt use up my cute little tin.

sweeeeeet orange
I first smelled this scent in a glycerin soap, which is absolutely mouthwatering and makes my whole house smell lovely when I shower. It also is surprisingly long-lasting for a glycerin soap. Unfortunately, to my taste, the perfume is too sweet and has less of a complex orange character. Pacifica has many perfumes that are simply terrific, especially for the price, but this isn't one of them. (083009)

by Madkat
by Madkat

Popular Pacifica

French Lilac (Perfume) by Pacifica Persian Rose (Perfume) by Pacifica Tibetan Mountain Temple (Perfume) by Pacifica Mexican Cocoa (Perfume) by Pacifica Indian Coconut Nectar (Perfume) by Pacifica Hawaiian Ruby Guava (Perfume) by Pacifica Malibu Lemon Blossom (Perfume) by Pacifica Nerola Orange Blossom (Perfume) by Pacifica Mediterranean Fig (Perfume) by Pacifica Tahitian Gardenia (Perfume) by Pacifica Island Vanilla (Perfume) by Pacifica Waikiki Pikake (Perfume) by Pacifica Sugared Amber Dreams by Pacifica California Star Jasmine (Perfume) by Pacifica Lotus Garden (Perfume) by Pacifica Brazilian Mango Grapefruit (Perfume) by Pacifica Spanish Amber (Perfume) by Pacifica Sandalwood (Perfume) by Pacifica Avalon Juniper (Perfume) by Pacifica Madagascar Spice (Perfume) by Pacifica