1 Million Cologne 2015

1 Million Cologne by Paco Rabanne
Bottle Design Noé Duchaufour-Lawrance
1 Million Cologne is a perfume by Paco Rabanne for men and was released in 2015. The scent is synthetic-fresh. It is being marketed by Puig.

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin orangeMandarin orange CardamomCardamom Marine notesMarine notes
Heart Notes Heart NotesRoseRose Juniper berryJuniper berry CinnamonCinnamon
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouliPatchouli LeatherLeather Tonka beanTonka bean

Submitted by Michael, last update on 07.06.2022.

the 'Invictus Aqua' before Invictus Aqua
I tried 1M Cologne like 2-3 years ago and I liked the opening but didn't enjoy the drydown, not one bit so I discarded it right away however, I've wondered if I should give second chances to some fragrances considering that 4 years into my fragrance journey my nose and my taste have changed a lot. Some fragrances I loved now I can't stand and some I was unsure about now are placed firmly in my rotation.

This was launched before Invictus Aqua and I guess it was somewhat unsuccessful as nobody seems to talk about it and Invictus Aqua became the reference for this whole subgenre of bubble gum fresh summer fragrances. Personally I find the sweetness overpowering on hot summer days so instead of sweet bubble gummy aquatics I rather go salty citrus, like Light Blue which to me is a milestone in the fragrance world. I used to own Invictus Aqua (2018) and I liked it but it is on the younger side and I think I no longer pull that off also, I found it a bit too sweet for hotter days and decided to sell with no regrets. I just wasn't wearing it so, with that in mind a 1 Million Cologne shouldn't sound at all appealing to me, in fact it didn't but I guess I'm just a sucker for underrated, discontinued fragrances and decided to pull the trigger as I found one at the right price.

1MC opens with a very nice mandarin note with very subtle marine hue, it's a really nice opening that is then followed by a tender 'urine' accord (not really, I read some people mention it has a smell of urine which it hasn't but there's an undertone somewhere that I could understand why someone would misinterpret as 'urine'). The mid is powdery and floral, the rose is present and centerstage but it's not overpowering it goes along great with the cinnamon and leather in the base. Even though it's supposed to be a summer fragrance I feel that with this rose and leathery backbone it's a little more formal than Invictus Aqua and others in the subgenre, in fact I feel it's a very good office fragrance. It is also on the younger side but it can be worn by anyone under the right circumstance.

Performance is fine, projects moderately and you can get 7hrs longevity easily, also presentation is very nice so would I recommend it? Yes, just not as a blind buy.

An old school fragrance
1 Million Cologne (1MC) is an old school fragrance. Its opening reminds me of fragrances my mother used to wear during 80's and 90's. 1MC is an unisex fragrance, no doubt about it. In my opinion it is beautifully blended but I would not wear it except in my own apartment on some nostalgic Sunday evening when I want to evoke childhood memories. A very similar feeling I get with the Chanel Egoiste (also an old school fragrance), but in contrast to 1MC Egoiste is much more masculine and I enjoy wearing it in public. To summarize, this is a great formulation (but not unique) suitable for 30+y old men/women and for someone who particularly like this old school perfumery.
Sunnyboy
For me, this fragrance has an emotional meaning. My best friend at the time loved this fragrance. He actually smells almost feminine, which makes this fragrance special. But from 25 years you should not wear it, it is already rather youthful. For me an incomparable fragrance. Especially for the price you can not say anything, and also the durability is good for an EdT. The bottle looks very classy, better than the normal One Million. If you are a quiet, reserved person, then this is the wrong fragrance. Not that he makes a statement and all perceive you, but it is in my opinion a fragrance for "playboys" who are in the outdoor pool only to look out for women, and not to bathe.

Class fragrance!
My first time ....
Now the time has come. It has taken almost 3 months but it has finally happened my first time My very first rambling comment about one of my fragrances.
Of course it must be something very special for the first time, I thought all the time.
Something everyone likes, maybe a nice overpriced niche product that is totally hyped anyway because it is so extraordinary (expensive) But as with so many other "FIRST PAINTING" it doesn't turn out the way you imagine it and the beautiful Julia, loved and adored by everyone, became ONLY a Paco.

But wait, why "just"?
Probably because after just three months at Parfumo you have learned and unfortunately already internalized in some way that everything that is a designer and is considered great by the masses is simply cheaper crowdpleasing.

A luck I dared myself & did thing Paco Rabanne a chance gave - and then also still another 1 million Flanker! TOMORROW!

Let's get to the scent:

It had been an absolute blind buy for me even if I knew approximately in which
Direction it goes.

After the first spray on the test strips, I thought: "Measures, smells totally like WC Duck Citrus!" - But two minutes later it hit me like a blow. a horny sweet freshness ROSE! Yummy!

I always found rose scents for men exciting, but except for Creed Viking, who is really interesting but somehow too quiet and couldn't really convince me to spend 250€ on it, I found it all to be like grandma ray.

So it was sprayed directly, on the neck & on the wrists. Strange here came zero of the on the test strip first WC similar citric smell. Now the rose came right through. It is rather unobtrusive and not so obtrusive and except for a very small touch in the drydown it has nothing to do with the normal 1 million EDT! In my opinion, it changes from fresh to slightly sweet over time and we never get too pushy. I'm really looking forward to wearing it in warmer temperatures, although I really like it at 5-10 degrees now.

Durability on my skin so approx. 8h whereby from 5h on only skin-near.
On the clothes it lasts forever! even after 24h my T-shirt still smells so very nice
this beautiful now rather sweet rose!
This will be my new signature fragrance!

Let's get to my bottom line
Am I a perfume expert? No
But can I say what I personally like and how I perceive the scent? Yes

For me TOTALLY UNDERvalued just because of the name!
If it would cost 300€ and be sold under niche names, it would probably be valued at 8.2

I will definitely stock up on it and get a second or even third 100ml bottle before it is discontinued and the prices go up and up like the JPG Fleur de Male which was also completely undervalued before it was discontinued
What I have learned from this is to form an opinion and to respond to the prejudices simply times maintained to Sch$%&en!

So my first time was not like in my imagination, but it was PERFECT in its own way! Thanks for that Paco

1 Million Versatile Version
Before anything, just for the record:
Don't be fooled by the "cologne" word in there.

In this one, "COlogne" is just the new fragrance's name, not it's definition.

As the box says, this one is an Eau de Toilette as well, like the original. This is not an Eau de Cologne, as many people think.
This one is a nice flanker, a not-so-clubbing version of the original, very versatile, you can use it anywhere without being "akwward".

Small rooms, a date with your girl, day, night, use it at will!

Longevity and sillage are about 60-70% of the original I would say. (just a reminder, those factors are awkwardly huge in the original, too much, sometimes.)

The scent itself seems like the original, thought it's noticeable less sweet, which is nice for a change, I think.

GolcherGolcher 5 months ago
I'd say this is the 'Invictus Aqua' of the 1 Million line but I think it's the other way around as this one came before it
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 10 months ago
Quite different. There is definetly a bubble gum DNA but combined with WC-duck citrus smell like mentioned in the reviews, I somehow like it

by Taurus1967
Thema Glassarg: Hinter den 7 Bergen...Schneewittchen liebt dufte Jungs!
by TomLavender
by Liebmausdana
by Liebmausdana
by WitDeBois
by WitDeBois

Popular by Paco Rabanne

1 Million Privé by Paco Rabanne Ultrared Man by Paco Rabanne La Nuit (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Lucky by Paco Rabanne La Nuit (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Paco Rabanne pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Olympēa Legend by Paco Rabanne Ténéré (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Olympēa Intense by Paco Rabanne Mētāl (Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Calandre (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Parfum by Paco Rabanne Olympēa (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Absolutely Gold by Paco Rabanne Pure XS for Her by Paco Rabanne Calandre (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Invictus Aqua (2016) by Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet Man (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Mētāl (Eau de Toilette) / Eau de Mētāl by Paco Rabanne Invictus Aqua (2018) by Paco Rabanne