1 Million 2008Eau de Toilette

1 Million (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne
Bottle Design Noé Duchaufour-Lawrance
1 Million (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Paco Rabanne for men and was released in 2008. The scent is sweet-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Puig. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesRed mandarin, Peppermint
Heart Notes Heart NotesRose absolute, Cinnamon
Base Notes Base NotesLeather, Amberketal

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 17.10.2020.

Had the 200ml edition...
... and at some point, I just got sick of her. You get tired of them. A couple of times it's quite pleasant. But after a few months you don't want it anymore
I can't tell you exactly what it is. The sweet christmassy scent is not suitable at all in summer/spring and for the office. You can only apply it in the evenings in winter and maybe even in autumn. But that's all there is to it.

Since almost everybody had it in the cupboard or on the chest of drawers, it is simply nothing special. Somehow almost boring.

Haven't gotten a single compliment with that scent in three years. With other fragrances, people ask directly, "oh, what's your perfume?" - this one didn't have that at all. Maybe because the scent isn't that great, or maybe because everyone has it... I'm not sure. But I would definitely advise against buying it
Absolute Playboy
This cute playboy from One Million accompanied me through my exciting youth and was the darling of my youthful flock. The man who is flirting with this scent is definitely self-confident on the wild chase, loves to be enticed by women and is into exciting (party) adventures. The bottle has been deliberately set in gold, embodying masculine power and igniting the fire of passion in men The prelude is very sweet and cinnamon oriental, without being cheap, blends with fine leather and erotic amber. Mmmm, I don't know any woman who can't resist...

Dreadful
This thing smells even tackier than its presentation suggests. Any complexity or refinement this fragrance might have dies 5 seconds after leaving the bottle, then it just hits the nose like a wall.

How to describe the smell? It is reminiscent of a Cinna-Berry Little Tree hanging from the rearview mirror of a 2003 PT Cruiser, with strong notes of third-tier watermelon vodka shooters ordered at the casino bar after a long night of losing money at the $5 black jack table.

It is also powdery, somehow, as if things could get worse. Granted, tastes are personal, but I can't fathom how this fragrance would evoke class or success to anyone.
A lesson
I bought this fragrance out of a spontaneous impulse. I went to an appropriate specialty store and tried a little through the fragrances until at some point I had One Million in my hand and at first thought the presentation was funny. Then I sprayed the fragrance on a test strip and was thrilled by the top note. So off to the checkout. What a stupid mistake...

After consciously wearing the fragrance for the first time, I noticed that the great top note disappeared after about 30 minutes and then only a fat, sweet sequence fogged everything and everyone around me. This was a lesson to me never again to judge a fragrance solely by its top note.
The Class Clown
It's hard for me to describe the smell. Just saying it's too sweet doesn't explain why it's so exhausting. He is definitely not sweeter than a Stronger with you It's loud, but more in the direction of attention. He doesn't have much to say. He's not pleasant. He's more of a class clown, who some girls find cute and nice. He is neither roundly composed nor does he have the edges that would make him special.
It was my first blind purchase at the time and I wore it because I knew the girls liked it. When I wear it today, I feel like the clown I described.
Meanwhile he disgusts me... I've already given him away. I wonder why some people get this effect with this scent? No idea. But he should grow up sometime
Well-known, unusual men's fragrance
I always associate this fragrance with my first love. Even if this fragrance is worn by many and you can recognize it immediately, because of its popularity, it is and remains something special for me personally.
It is not a classically tart or fresh men's fragrance. It has a certain sweetness and a portion of courage, as it appears slightly feminine. The bottle is terribly ostentatious and doesn't suit my taste. But you can store it closed in the bathroom cabinet :)

Unique bottle, okay-ish scent
I think it's really interesting how your personal taste changes over time.
I remember loving this on guys when I was still in school and everyone – without exception – smelled like this. Then I forgot about it for a long time until a few weeks ago my boyfriend came along with a sample of this.
He never tried 1 Million before and I was actually excited since I haven't smelled this for such a long time.

And honestly I kind of didn't care about this scent. I can't say it's bad and also I don't care about hypes and hate and all that. But it just didn't get me, there was no spark, no feeling of wanting to smell this again and again.
It has a really nice fruity fresh opening – warm spicy the dry down.

It's nice but if I smelled this on someone on the streets, I wouldn't think twice.

Edit: Also I heard many say this was more of a unisex fragrance (which I'm into!) so I tried it for myself on the wrist and in the opening I thought "Oh, this could work!" but for me personally I felt like the dry down was too masculine.
Delijafrag33
How my uncle burst my dream bubble...
I was in my mid-20s when 1 million came on the market and I always had a perfume at that time, but mainly it was birthday presents and I just wore what I got. This has been going on since my early teenage years. My aunt, who lives in Switzerland, used to bring me a new perfume as a present whenever she visited us. When I was 24-25 years old, I started to try out new fragrances and so it happened that one day I happened to be at the Bipa and discovered this sparkling gold bar on the shelf. I took this bottle in my hand, sprayed the perfume on my wrist and I was already done for... I was immediately in love with this fragrance, but since I already had a "gift" perfume at home and was short of money, I postponed the purchase until the next opportunity. I already owned a perfume and that's all you need... :-D That's what I thought at that time, today it is of course completely different... In the next time I thought about the great perfume again and again and imagined how cool it would be when I finally bought it or maybe got it as a present, because sometime my birthday is coming again and someone will ask me if I want something special... :-) And so days, weeks, months went by, but I just didn't get the chance to buy 1 million. I actually thought at that time that I was the first to discover this perfume and that because of the brand Paco Rabanne nobody else would think that it was such a great perfume anyway. I'm sure I'll be the first person around me to wear it, because it's not Boss, Armani or YSL... Who's gonna buy that perfume before me... Yeah, that's what I was actually thinking. :-D But then I noticed that 1 million is heavily advertised on TV and so I thought that now is the time to get a bottle. A few days later my uncle came to visit me, which happened several times a week. I had a good connection to him, he lived nearby and was only 14 years older than me, so he was a kind of role model and more of an older brother than an uncle for me. He entered our apartment, I was happy as always when he came, but then I was speechless... Yeah, I noticed he was wearing "my" one million. The whole apartment smelled of it and for me a world almost broke down, because I "discovered" this scent and now he is wearing it and I could not buy it... How unfair this world is... :-) Sometime later I got my 1 Million, but it was not the same anymore... I used up the bottle and never bought it again. My uncle wore it even longer and that didn't bother me so much, because now I realized that I didn't discover 1 million and that almost everybody wears it now. :-D About 2-3 years ago my 61-year-old colleague entered the office and I experienced a Dejavu, because it smelled very strongly after 1 million... I drew his attention to his perfume and he was very surprised that I knew it... He was very proud that I recognized it. :D I just hope that he didn't think until then that this perfume was discovered by him... :D

Sweet spicy BOOM
One of my first fragrances,which I went to date and in the moments (or hours) in which we stayed in the car, I suffocated their senses with the power of this sweet and spicy perfume.
Probably I was exaggerating with doses!

In 2008 it was a must, so famous that you felt it in the air all the time. In 2020 they reformulated it, but I don't know what the new fragrance is like. The original one from 2008 is excellent, for a male audience, perfect for clubbing and to "catch".

Suitable only in the coldest months, in very mild doses, to not overturn those around you.
From university to mother-in-law - Or: Winter by Vivaldi
Admittedly, the title of the commentary might be a little perplexing at first, but more about this as the text progresses.

Let's take a step - ok, at my age maybe a few more steps - back to my time at university.

b] Munich in late autumn 2008 [/b]
I was a young student of linguistics and translation at a Munich university. Originally I was not from this city, but I declared Munich my new home after I had found a place to study in Hamburg and Germersheim, but no apartment. Well, bygones be bygones - Munich turned out to be a very good choice.
Munich was more of a village to me after Buenos Aires, but a very chic, luxurious, if somewhat decadent village. I had already settled in well in this "small town" and felt completely at home. After Fierce by Abercrombie & Fitch had left a lasting impression on my first semesters at university, but the fragrance was hardly available in Germany at that time and frequent shopping trips to New York as a student were simply financially not possible, an alternative had to be found in autumn 2008.

By a fateful coincidence I discovered the One Million Gold Bar in a perfumery at that time. I was just on my way to university when I was informed by SMS that the first lecture on that day was to be cancelled. So the way led me to the perfumery instead of the lecture hall. A fateful encounter was to await me.

Do you know that when you associate a scent with a song? That's what happened to me the first time I sniffed the golden bar: the scents just beat on me - like the winter of Vivaldi. The first few seconds very gently at first, and then with one blow a loud, supposed confusion. Confusion, because so many forces begin to take effect at once. Like Vivaldi's winter, when suddenly, with a single blow, many violins and cellos seem to take the main violin by surprise.

Admittedly, to this day I have not smelled or smelled anything of blood mandarin or any other specified ingredients.
What initially came over me was a force of smells, which, like in Vivaldi's Winter, merged into a confused but incredibly beautiful composition and created a concert of the senses.
Fruity, wicked, dirty leather. Something fresh. Something soothing. But so loud. Like a thousand violins playing at once.

I bought the 100 ml bottle and was very proud. Until then, hardly anyone knew this scent, there were so many compliments hailing from the university, the lecture hall, the library, my three student jobs, the gym, the subway, the club, the bar - in the street. The smell made me feel unique. I didn't want to tell anyone my secret. Nobody should know the name of this fragrance. It seemed to be my secret weapon.
The scent made me feel superior, almost stuck-up, decadent. It was a perfect match for Munich.
A classic jeans, a white shirt, the hair casually styled. And One Million always on my side. The compliments seemed to go on and on and just came from all sides, from everywhere. Everyone wanted to know the name of my fragrance - but that was my secret. No one was supposed to know. Nobody
b] Doha, Qatar in summer 2011 [/b]
I had left my student days behind me and took my first job - in Qatar. One Million was still my faithful, though not so frequent companion. The oriental oud had cast a spell over me, so I mainly used One Million when I had to travel for work, which was very, very frequent. The seemingly endless durability with this monstrous sillage simply convinced me excessively, especially on long journeys when I had spent 12 hours and up in the plane and still smelled as great after landing as when I had gone on board.
By this time, however, One Million had already become a fragrance for the masses. You could smell it everywhere. When I was asked about this scent, it was no longer connected with the question of which scent I was wearing, but rather with the statement "Ah, you're wearing One Million".

So my master plan not to tell anyone about the fragrance had been a wasted effort - the world had probably learned about the wonder weapon and made it its own.

This went so far that at some point I did not buy another bottle of the fragrance. One Million could be smelled around every corner. You walked into a bar - at least 10 guys smelled like you. You were in a club - you could smell the scent right outside the doors. Not to mention the compliments that were suddenly missing.

It's too bad, but the time we had together was wonderful.

b] Zurich in autumn 2019 [/b]
We had lunch with my in-laws. My partner and I had decided to pick up our parents-in-law at their home and then go to a restaurant together. As I greeted my mother-in-law I heard an extraordinarily good smell. She loves heavy scents, is a big fan of Amouage, loves Tom Ford - but God, what was that good scent?
I asked her about her perfume, she just grinned and said she didn't know. It drove me crazy. God, what was that perfume? I know that one, don't I?
When she ran in the direction of the apartment door and this splendid cloud of scent came behind her, I couldn't help but run after her. I praised her scent again and asked again what perfume she was wearing today. She said she really did not know, she had picked it up at random. Then, in the stairwell, the scales fell from my eyes and I shouted so loudly that my father-in-law flinched with fright: "One Million - You're wearing One Million" [/b] I exclaimed loudly and proudly that I had recognized the scent. "But wait... Eh? You wear men's scent?" She denied it vehemently. She? A man-scent? Never.
During the whole lunch I could not let go of her scent.

A few days later she contacted me via WhatsApp: "Do you want the scent? This is a man's scent, I'm sure I won't need it anymore!". Yeah, sure!
It seems to me that this one is a new scent. The notes are still so loud and uninhibitedly loud - but, oh God, also so grandiosely fine. Fruity volume, luxurious leather, seductive cinnamon that I now actually smell out, fresh mint, comfortable rose absolute and soothing ambergris. A fragrance for the senses.

Do so many still have it? Is he still THE compliment getter?

I don't know.
I only wear it for me.
Then, when no one's looking. Then I spray myself with One Million, wear it and enjoy the scent to the fullest. The comfort, the superiority and the sexyness that this fragrance radiates - I then enjoy all this. Then, when nobody is around. Because if there is one thing I want to avoid at all costs, it is to go out into the street and be addressed "Oh, you are wearing One Million!

So now I wear the scent just for me alone.
And then my partner comes home and calls through the whole apartment.
Are you wearing my mother's One Million again? [/b]

AithanAithan 46 days ago
Too sweet and too powdery for my taste. Also gave me an headache.
Performance is good.
PedroDarkPedroDark 51 days ago
Once it was a beast in performance.... But now its just skin scent that simply doens't last.
SweetdexterSweetdexter 158 days ago
5.5
Poor performance after reformulation.
MilanM90MilanM90 7 months ago
Good smell but very poor poor silage... Not worth buying.
Arman038Arman038 7 months ago
To be honest, I never liked this fragrance. It's too generic and sweet.
Aquarius1Aquarius1 8 months ago
''One million? I knew it, my ex boyfriend had the same perfume.''

What are the odds. Nice scent, though. Tacky bottle.
HubertGHubertG 8 months ago
absolute best seller, good fragrance but got sick of it, too sweet, too many people wearing it, now wear it when I go to gym, so I fuse...
MihaiuMihaiu 17 months ago
the victim of popularity & greatly overused.SWEET-rich-smooth-honeyed fusion of cinnamon,mandarin,leather and amber. cloying in warm weather
Carlitos01Carlitos01 19 months ago
I enjoy to smell it on other people; Whenever I wear it, I never apply the spray in my chest or my neck because I find it a bit cloying.
KingPinKingPin 20 months ago
Who buys this? That bottle is the epitome of gaudy nouveau riche if I’ve ever seen one.

by GothicHeart
locked up - they won't let him out no more
by Morpheus1
by Andreas09
by Andreas09
Thank you for your words!
by R0din
by YKem
by Emko47
by Emko47

Popular Paco Rabanne

Ténéré (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne La Nuit (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Lucky by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Privé by Paco Rabanne Paco Rabanne pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Calandre (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Mētāl (Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Olympēa Intense by Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet Man (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Olympēa Legend by Paco Rabanne Sport de Paco Rabanne / Eau de Sport by Paco Rabanne Olympēa (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Absolutely Gold by Paco Rabanne Calandre (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Invictus Aqua (2018) by Paco Rabanne Invictus Aqua (2016) by Paco Rabanne Black XS for Her (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet by Paco Rabanne XS pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Olympēa Aqua (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne