1 Million (2008)Eau de Toilette

1 Million (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne
Bottle Design Noé Duchaufour-Lawrance

1 Million (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Paco Rabanne for men and was released in 2008. The scent is sweet-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Puig.

Top Notes Top NotesRed mandarin, Peppermint
Heart Notes Heart NotesRose absolute, Cinnamon
Base Notes Base NotesLeather, Amberketal

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 08.07.2020.

My first impression...
another one of those cheap drugstore / department store scents from the chemistry lab.
When I found out it was from Paco Rabanne and came out as a million dollar gold bar, I was horrified I didn't mind when I saw how well it was sold.
But the crown was that one was helplessly exposed to this scent everywhere, I was on the verge of social phobia.
Life can be so hard, but it can always come harder, with "Invictus."
This smells like "bac Classic Men Deo" and is therefore not invincible, just like Paco, because he's out of my life with it for now For all those who can't part with it, or would like to try it out, there is the clone "Cuba Royal" for 5 € / 100 ml. Only the top note is shrill, the heart note is inconspicuous, the base note is soft, mostly vanilla, only slightly woody but not too sweet, with a good shelf life and all this with completely different ingredients.
You can do that, I did recently, but you don't have to.
Delijafrag33
How my uncle burst my dream bubble...
I was in my mid-20s when 1 million came on the market and I always had a perfume at that time, but mainly it was birthday presents and I just wore what I got. This has been going on since my early teenage years. My aunt, who lives in Switzerland, used to bring me a new perfume as a present whenever she visited us. When I was 24-25 years old, I started to try out new fragrances and so it happened that one day I happened to be at the Bipa and discovered this sparkling gold bar on the shelf. I took this bottle in my hand, sprayed the perfume on my wrist and I was already done for... I was immediately in love with this fragrance, but since I already had a "gift" perfume at home and was short of money, I postponed the purchase until the next opportunity. I already owned a perfume and that's all you need... :-D That's what I thought at that time, today it is of course completely different... In the next time I thought about the great perfume again and again and imagined how cool it would be when I finally bought it or maybe got it as a present, because sometime my birthday is coming again and someone will ask me if I want something special... :-) And so days, weeks, months went by, but I just didn't get the chance to buy 1 million. I actually thought at that time that I was the first to discover this perfume and that because of the brand Paco Rabanne nobody else would think that it was such a great perfume anyway. I'm sure I'll be the first person around me to wear it, because it's not Boss, Armani or YSL... Who's gonna buy that perfume before me... Yeah, that's what I was actually thinking. :-D But then I noticed that 1 million is heavily advertised on TV and so I thought that now is the time to get a bottle. A few days later my uncle came to visit me, which happened several times a week. I had a good connection to him, he lived nearby and was only 14 years older than me, so he was a kind of role model and more of an older brother than an uncle for me. He entered our apartment, I was happy as always when he came, but then I was speechless... Yeah, I noticed he was wearing "my" one million. The whole apartment smelled of it and for me a world almost broke down, because I "discovered" this scent and now he is wearing it and I could not buy it... How unfair this world is... :-) Sometime later I got my 1 Million, but it was not the same anymore... I used up the bottle and never bought it again. My uncle wore it even longer and that didn't bother me so much, because now I realized that I didn't discover 1 million and that almost everybody wears it now. :-D About 2-3 years ago my 61-year-old colleague entered the office and I experienced a Dejavu, because it smelled very strongly after 1 million... I drew his attention to his perfume and he was very surprised that I knew it... He was very proud that I recognized it. :D I just hope that he didn't think until then that this perfume was discovered by him... :D

Sweet spicy BOOM
One of my first fragrances,which I went to date and in the moments (or hours) in which we stayed in the car, I suffocated their senses with the power of this sweet and spicy perfume.
Probably I was exaggerating with doses!

In 2008 it was a must, so famous that you felt it in the air all the time. In 2020 they reformulated it, but I don't know what the new fragrance is like. The original one from 2008 is excellent, for a male audience, perfect for clubbing and to "catch".

Suitable only in the coldest months, in very mild doses, to not overturn those around you.
From university to mother-in-law - Or: Winter by Vivaldi
Admittedly, the title of the commentary might be a little perplexing at first, but more about this as the text progresses.

Let's take a step - ok, at my age maybe a few more steps - back to my time at university.

b] Munich in late autumn 2008 [/b]
I was a young student of linguistics and translation at a Munich university. Originally I was not from this city, but I declared Munich my new home after I had found a place to study in Hamburg and Germersheim, but no apartment. Well, bygones be bygones - Munich turned out to be a very good choice.
Munich was more of a village to me after Buenos Aires, but a very chic, luxurious, if somewhat decadent village. I had already settled in well in this "small town" and felt completely at home. After Fierce by Abercrombie & Fitch had left a lasting impression on my first semesters at university, but the fragrance was hardly available in Germany at that time and frequent shopping trips to New York as a student were simply financially not possible, an alternative had to be found in autumn 2008.

By a fateful coincidence I discovered the One Million Gold Bar in a perfumery at that time. I was just on my way to university when I was informed by SMS that the first lecture on that day was to be cancelled. So the way led me to the perfumery instead of the lecture hall. A fateful encounter was to await me.

Do you know that when you associate a scent with a song? That's what happened to me the first time I sniffed the golden bar: the scents just beat on me - like the winter of Vivaldi. The first few seconds very gently at first, and then with one blow a loud, supposed confusion. Confusion, because so many forces begin to take effect at once. Like Vivaldi's winter, when suddenly, with a single blow, many violins and cellos seem to take the main violin by surprise.

Admittedly, to this day I have not smelled or smelled anything of blood mandarin or any other specified ingredients.
What initially came over me was a force of smells, which, like in Vivaldi's Winter, merged into a confused but incredibly beautiful composition and created a concert of the senses.
Fruity, wicked, dirty leather. Something fresh. Something soothing. But so loud. Like a thousand violins playing at once.

I bought the 100 ml bottle and was very proud. Until then, hardly anyone knew this scent, there were so many compliments hailing from the university, the lecture hall, the library, my three student jobs, the gym, the subway, the club, the bar - in the street. The smell made me feel unique. I didn't want to tell anyone my secret. Nobody should know the name of this fragrance. It seemed to be my secret weapon.
The scent made me feel superior, almost stuck-up, decadent. It was a perfect match for Munich.
A classic jeans, a white shirt, the hair casually styled. And One Million always on my side. The compliments seemed to go on and on and just came from all sides, from everywhere. Everyone wanted to know the name of my fragrance - but that was my secret. No one was supposed to know. Nobody
b] Doha, Qatar in summer 2011 [/b]
I had left my student days behind me and took my first job - in Qatar. One Million was still my faithful, though not so frequent companion. The oriental oud had cast a spell over me, so I mainly used One Million when I had to travel for work, which was very, very frequent. The seemingly endless durability with this monstrous sillage simply convinced me excessively, especially on long journeys when I had spent 12 hours and up in the plane and still smelled as great after landing as when I had gone on board.
By this time, however, One Million had already become a fragrance for the masses. You could smell it everywhere. When I was asked about this scent, it was no longer connected with the question of which scent I was wearing, but rather with the statement "Ah, you're wearing One Million".

So my master plan not to tell anyone about the fragrance had been a wasted effort - the world had probably learned about the wonder weapon and made it its own.

This went so far that at some point I did not buy another bottle of the fragrance. One Million could be smelled around every corner. You walked into a bar - at least 10 guys smelled like you. You were in a club - you could smell the scent right outside the doors. Not to mention the compliments that were suddenly missing.

It's too bad, but the time we had together was wonderful.

b] Zurich in autumn 2019 [/b]
We had lunch with my in-laws. My partner and I had decided to pick up our parents-in-law at their home and then go to a restaurant together. As I greeted my mother-in-law I heard an extraordinarily good smell. She loves heavy scents, is a big fan of Amouage, loves Tom Ford - but God, what was that good scent?
I asked her about her perfume, she just grinned and said she didn't know. It drove me crazy. God, what was that perfume? I know that one, don't I?
When she ran in the direction of the apartment door and this splendid cloud of scent came behind her, I couldn't help but run after her. I praised her scent again and asked again what perfume she was wearing today. She said she really did not know, she had picked it up at random. Then, in the stairwell, the scales fell from my eyes and I shouted so loudly that my father-in-law flinched with fright: "One Million - You're wearing One Million" [/b] I exclaimed loudly and proudly that I had recognized the scent. "But wait... Eh? You wear men's scent?" She denied it vehemently. She? A man-scent? Never.
During the whole lunch I could not let go of her scent.

A few days later she contacted me via WhatsApp: "Do you want the scent? This is a man's scent, I'm sure I won't need it anymore!". Yeah, sure!
It seems to me that this one is a new scent. The notes are still so loud and uninhibitedly loud - but, oh God, also so grandiosely fine. Fruity volume, luxurious leather, seductive cinnamon that I now actually smell out, fresh mint, comfortable rose absolute and soothing ambergris. A fragrance for the senses.

Do so many still have it? Is he still THE compliment getter?

I don't know.
I only wear it for me.
Then, when no one's looking. Then I spray myself with One Million, wear it and enjoy the scent to the fullest. The comfort, the superiority and the sexyness that this fragrance radiates - I then enjoy all this. Then, when nobody is around. Because if there is one thing I want to avoid at all costs, it is to go out into the street and be addressed "Oh, you are wearing One Million!

So now I wear the scent just for me alone.
And then my partner comes home and calls through the whole apartment.
Are you wearing my mother's One Million again? [/b]
MKopinec
Eventually, it became too much for me...
One million... Somehow I'm rather sad about the way things turned out between us. Once we were inseparable and could be together 24/7 without getting bored for even one second. What has become of us? Over the years, more and more people wanted to be with you, no matter where you were. To a certain extent this is completely ok for me, but at some point the time came when this became too much for me. And today? We have a meeting now and then, mostly at my home, because I want to spend time with you, but I prefer to keep it to myself.
The One Million probably has the best top mark ever for me! There is no perfume that I love so much after spraying! The only problem is that the fragrance is totally "broken" because too many people have worn it over the years. It is still very well received, but the personal wearing feeling has unfortunately decreased vehemently. From time to time I still spray it on when I leave the apartment, but most of the time it serves as a room scent for me. I hope this attitude will change again over the years! Durability, silage and fragrance are outstanding - bottle not mine at all :-D
It's a mishap
Once the most brute sillage and durability that any designer fragrance has ever had, an insane top note that was hard to beat, but now reformulated in 2020, the complete power taken away, the top note extremely weak, a mild breeze, am very disappointed with the bottle,the name never appealed to me and above all it is used a lot by the wrong people and destroyed by its success, I hope that the time will come where you can wear it without a bad conscience, without embarrassing yourself, but this reformulated version is not necessarily useful for that, too bad, just hope that the 2008 original version will be released again
Werkes
The most smelled disco smell of sweat.
My first perfume and still I find the fragrance really ingenious, even if a bit too sweet. Unfortunately, you can still smell the fragrance practically every weekend and at practically any kind of event.

Figuratively speaking, this fragrance is the white top with Levi's print for women.
In times of Ed Hardy, Cordon Sport etc
I can unfortunately only talk about my 2009 bottle. The scent then is just as wrapped up as it is now Sauvage.
Everyone had it, everyone wanted it.
In the original formulation the fragrance is simply a grenade. Very long durability and very strong projection. With the perfume probably got the one or the other the best compliments you can get. You don't have to say much about the smell, because everybody knows it anyway
One in a million
While I was cleaning up the other day, I found my 1 million bottle in an old dusty box. I didn't even know he was in my possession anymore. It must have been a long time ago that I had it stashed there. This fragrance has a great emotional value for me ... It was my very first fragrance that belonged only to MIR.
I just plundered the shelves of my dad's and sprayed myself with classics like "Egoiste" and "Fahrenheit" by the ton.
Occasion, outfit, age, season and the appearance I didn't care I wore when and what I wanted. Certainly also really good scents, but as a "little man" they stared at me a bit puzzled, because they probably couldn't put together the picture that a little peck wears such strict, adult scents. And that's exactly what made me look for my own scent. It's for me only. It was the end of 2008 and there were commercials everywhere about Paco Rabanne's "1 Million". What a name I thought and the bottle looked like a gold bar. It's gotta be good Without knowing how it smells I wanted to own it at any price and I was not the only one who had this plan. I remember when my parents gave it to me for my birthday and I happily ripped open the wrapping paper and looked at the shiny golden bottle with flickering eyes. I felt like the model from the commercial.

Every adolescent in school smelled that way, much to the chagrin of our teachers, because they didn't like it at all. That perfume was her worst nightmare. "This plörre is unbearable!" were the nicer statements. But we guys didn't care. It was our only luxury at a time when you could see girls with different eyes. I used to think she was stupid and annoying. I wanted to go out with my boys. With the Cityroller the city unsafe make, football play or Yu-Gi-Oh! cards exchange and suddenly the switch changed suddenly with us. The main thing was that the girls were really into this "Plörre" and that was for a (growing up) boy like me all that matters...

So now I'm here in my room spraying it on the back of my hand. Suddenly, old memories shoot into my head. I'm somewhere else now. I'm thinking about my first date, how I was thinking about what to wear. The first time wax in her hair and with excitement that she could not smell it, she exaggerated it with the spray bursts. The whole house smelled like it. It was something completely new back then. An extremely polarizing fragrance. Either you're addicted to him, or you're off your rocker. There's no such thing as a middle thing with him. He's sweet as sugar from start to finish. Not filigree and elegant, but served with a wooden hammer. Like a tangerine-cinnamon chewing gum with a sweet leather chord. He is the father of all club fragrances à la Ultra Male, Invictus, Eros and has influenced the path for this genre significantly and is equipped with a monstrous durability and projection.

I'd rate the fragrance 10. Not because it still blows my mind today, but because of the nostalgia. You can think what you want about him, but there's one thing you can't forget: He was a trendsetter. Anyone who deals with the subject of "perfume" will sooner or later not be able to get past him. I wouldn't wear it anymore. If so, to remind me of the good old days. There is much to tell and this comment was one of millions of memories.
ShaunBaker
Can I still comment on it?
Now what I want to say with my headline is: Does one read the commentary at all and if so reluctantly, or nevertheless rather to the joy, since there are still some lovers of this million juice...
Here in the forum you can read Kommis and statements from "bähh disgusting stuff" to (achtung quotation!) "A simply very good fragrance with a good shelf life and a very good fragrance" :-)

Personally, I face the fragrance as follows: It has been associated with a certain target group since its appearance, unfortunately.
But I also like him very much and I just don't like clichés. Just because said unpleasant people love the fragrance and overdose it excessively doesn't mean to me that I have to hate it. About Aventus, the almost holy grail of the fragrance world, every week a new thread is added, whether about the batch, or the batch of a clone, or also a request for a better clone of the clone... etc. there are no limits here.

At 1 million there are of course these twin fragrances as well, but they are or have been questioned less often, although there are also some good alternatives.
As far as the original 1M is concerned, only the first batch comes into my house. Unfortunately, the reformulation drama was also carried out here, so that this fragrance in its current version is history for me at the latest since the 2012 Absolutely Gold appeared, from here it was over with the "good" concentration, if not earlier.
I've just put on a splash of my 2008 bottle while I'm writing how a film lays on its skin and shines for a while before the drydown begins. (This phenomenon no longer occurs in the current version)
Of course, this one cannot be surpassed in the strength of this fragrance, Paco had to show what kind of product he brought onto the market!

In the first version, the blood mandarin, which quickly merged with the cinnamon, together with the leather chord and Givaudan's Amberketal fragrance, was an unparalleled scent explosion from the beginning and - well... was also found. Heavy, sweet, oriental, with a sillage against the wind and a shelf life that lasted into the morning hours and beyond.
Here everything was right, bottle, marketing, fragrance and finally the buyers incl. word of mouth which still lasts after 11 years! most of the time.

But today at least every third fan of this fragrance should notice that he is only a shadow of himself, at least if someone used him since his appearance. Blood mandarin, cinnamon, all right there. Peppermint? Where did it come from suddenly? Leather chord, what was that? Yikes? Where'd he go? He has become a short, meager performance.
Like when the Hip Hop and RnB Floor suddenly run out of music, or the fat AMG stutters because the gas is out, the always perfectly slimed hairstyle gets the first gray hairs. So it's the passage of time, best of all everyone stays at home, the cart in the garage and the smell on the shelf of the department store. D

I will use the scent of my remaining bottle for myself in a well-dosed way and indulge in memories, as it was a different time back then... Alternatively I can simply exaggerate and spray the scent up to the headache limit to show some people what they did to us before :-)

Ahmetk96Ahmetk96 33 days ago
When this was released, it was wanted by everybody. But now his DNA is expired. Nothing special any more.
SweetdexterSweetdexter 53 days ago
5.5
Poor performance after reformulation.
MilanM90MilanM90 103 days ago
Good smell but very poor poor silage... Not worth buying.
Arman038Arman038 108 days ago
To be honest, I never liked this fragrance. It's too generic and sweet.
Aquarius1Aquarius1 124 days ago
''One million? I knew it, my ex boyfriend had the same perfume.''

What are the odds. Nice scent, though. Tacky bottle.
HubertGHubertG 135 days ago
absolute best seller, good fragrance but got sick of it, too sweet, too many people wearing it, now wear it when I go to gym, so I fuse...
MihaiuMihaiu 14 months ago
the victim of popularity & greatly overused.SWEET-rich-smooth-honeyed fusion of cinnamon,mandarin,leather and amber. cloying in warm weather
Carlitos01Carlitos01 16 months ago
I enjoy to smell it on other people; Whenever I wear it, I never apply the spray in my chest or my neck because I find it a bit cloying.
KingPinKingPin 17 months ago
Who buys this? That bottle is the epitome of gaudy nouveau riche if I’ve ever seen one.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 22 months ago
A scent for new "yuppies": warm and pleasantly spicy, it's true, but contained in a too kitsch bottle! Average sillage. Not a masterpiece

by GothicHeart
locked up - they won't let him out no more
by Morpheus1
by Andreas09
by Andreas09
Thank you for your words!
by R0din
by YKem
by Emko47
by Emko47

Popular Paco Rabanne

Ténéré (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne La Nuit (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Lucky by Paco Rabanne Calandre (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Paco Rabanne pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Privé by Paco Rabanne Mētāl (Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Olympēa Intense by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Absolutely Gold by Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet Man (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Sport de Paco Rabanne / Eau de Sport by Paco Rabanne Olympēa Legend by Paco Rabanne Calandre (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Olympēa (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Invictus Aqua (2016) by Paco Rabanne Invictus Aqua (2018) by Paco Rabanne Olympēa Aqua (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Black XS for Her (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne XS pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet by Paco Rabanne