1 Million 2008Eau de Toilette

1 Million (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne
Bottle Design Noé Duchaufour-Lawrance
1 Million (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Paco Rabanne for men and was released in 2008. The scent is sweet-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Puig. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Le Mâle (Eau de Toilette)

Top Notes Top NotesRed mandarin orange, Peppermint
Heart Notes Heart NotesRose absolute, Cinnamon
Base Notes Base NotesLeather, Amberketal

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 11.04.2021.

Marth
The dose makes the poison
I think the fragrance is unfairly called cheap. The composition is really great. You should look at it more as an EdP, because the H / S are almost endless and the scent is really concentrated headache and smells like 3-series BMW and training pants. However, if you just take a spray from a sufficient distance, you have a really great and differentiated fragrance.

Everything Looks Better From A Distance
One of the most hyped and then hated fragrances of the last 20 years. 1 Million by Paco Rabanne.
A fragrance that started a line of ultra sweet clubing scents for men. Of course we already have Joop (another one understimated) or even Le Mâle. But 1 Million changed the fragrance world and was a huge influence for more recent releases also from PR but also from many other brands actually, including niche ones.

Many people wore this fragrance and many people hated this one, also. Youtubers started to make fragrance videos and hyped this back in the days. But 2 or 3 years later, people started to get bored of it and sick of it and then it become a nightmare for fragrance lovers. One of the rules to be a prestigious fragrance lover was hating 1 Million.

I was, also, included in that group of people, and for a long time i didn't care for it. I even made fun of it.
So now, in 2021, nobody wears 1 Million. Nobody likes 1 Million, i don't see anyone wearing it or talking about it.

For that reason, and because i'm a sucker for non talked about fragrances and a anti current "niche" brands, i decided to get a sample and revisited this one.

I'm surprised. The opening is still great and addictive! Mandarin orange and cinnamon with hint of fresh rose petals. For people that don't like sweetness, go away, but if you like some sweetness but not the chemical-synthetic mess that they use nowadays (including many niche fragrances), this one is great. Yes, i know, everybody says that this is very synthetic, but comparing to nowadays standards, this is very "natural".

The drydown adds a leather note which is not a classic leather base that we find in masterpieces like Knize Ten or Moschino pour homme or even the great BelAmi but more like the leather that we find in more contemporary releases such as Tuscan Leather (Tom Ford) or Cuir Intense (Guerlain).

The performance is great although, it was reformulated and now is a little more subtle that before. Personally, i think it's better this way.

I find this one really good for night outs or casual events in winter time. Specially outside. It's very unique and still relevant, in my opinion. It's far from being a masterpiece or a timeless masculine but it's very decent and the best from the line. The rating system in Parfumo it's not accurate, again. I see many classics of decent fragrances ranked below 7/10 and i don't understand why. This is better that many niche fragrances out there that so many people rave about and give ridiculous ratings here.

Don't be snob and try this one out. A decent and unique sweet clubing fragrance for the ones that like those kinda scents.

3/5
Batuhan
Oh, no?! "What?" "He's here..."
"Come on finally he's gone"
"No, I don't want to, what if he catches us, like last time?", I answered him
"you're scared of everything too aren't you, nothing's gonna happen man, come on don't be a scaredy cat, you promised anyway" he replied pulling me by my arm.
"Ok, but just for a second ok?"
"Yeah yeah real quick" he replied, smirking.
That's when I knew it, we would take much longer again and that's why he would catch us.
And then it started, we slowly opened the door.... "huh?, oohh no!"; "what again? " he asked, looking at me confused,
"the door, the door is locked of course, (did we really think he would let us back in?)"
to which he replied "I knew he would, I prepared myself of course..." taking a key out of his pocket, it was the key that matched the door (Hopefully),
"well come on then open the door and let's have a quick look at what's in there"
*Click* he slowly opened the door but *kquitsch* the door made such a loud noise that I really thought he would hear us even from outside, but then the door was open and I noticed the new posters of the new footballers and rappers on the walls, the room as expected untidy and it was really stuffy, what can I say typical for him so for my oldest brother, but it was exciting we just wanted to get in and find out what he was hiding in the bag all the time, "come we have to find the bag....",

after a while we found the bag, it was a Douglas bag, but the contents were empty, "where is it?" I asked, my other brother said "probably in his closet" so we opened the closet door and bam!!! there it was a sparkling gold bar in the form of a perfume!? "he wanted to hide that from us?" my brother asked, ivh nodded my head and without hesitation i took the perfume and sprayed it on my wrist *pshhht*
and even though I couldn't smell it I said softly "wow", because the scent got up my nose really fast and what can I say, I had never smelled anything like it in my life before, it was just awesome I felt cool and powerful, even though he could catch us at any time I didn't care, but then, I heard the front door open, I didn't want to leave because the scent was too nice but I didn't want to get in trouble either, so I said "No or?! " , "what then?", asked my brother "He is there..." when he heard that he was gone faster than you could have looked so, I also quickly put back the golden bar and was just about to leave the room...

And there he stood my oldest brother he grabbed me and asked angrily: "what are you doing here you shithead?" before I could lie to him, he started to sniff and he just said "so you found my new perfume" (at that time I was shocked how he could smell it and today I know the 1 million has a very strong sillage) and then he said "and do you like it?"
I just nodded my head and dashed out of his room. In room I was finally relieved, "Phew that was close" I said looking at my other brother and we just started laughing even though it wasn't funny. Today, we sometimes tell each other the story of that time and we continue to laugh about it.
Today, I still think that 1 Million is one of the best perfumes in the world, but it's a pity that you have to smell it on everyone, but it remains for me a perfume with a special memory forever....
TheLoVer
A new phase of life begins...
Since I have a strong emotional attachment to this fragrance, I rated the vintage scent. However, in sillage and durability the current fragrance. I can understand not liking this fragrance anymore. It's been worn so many times that it's worn out. However, I'm sure if all these reviews had been written in 2009/10, this gold bar would definitely have an 8 in front of the decimal point.

The year is 2008 and my time in community service was slowly coming to an end. I did not know exactly how it should go on with my life. Of course I wanted to study, but what exactly and especially where, I did not know. Therefore I wanted to give myself some time and decided to move to Madrid and learn Spanish. In the meantime I could think about what I wanted to study. But first I had to learn the language. Apart from "hola, como estás?", "muy bien, gracias" I didn't know a word of Spanish. I enrolled directly in language school at one of the biggest unis in Europe, the Universidad Complutense de Madrid.

I remember one event very clearly. I was studying in the library. Suddenly, a beautiful girl caught my eye. Brunette, green eyes... a dream. I had a hard time approaching her, so I took advantage of my poor Spanish skills to ask her if she could explain the assignment to me. While she was explaining the task to me and I didn't really understand anything ? I looked at her. My heart was pounding, should I ask her out on a date? However, I could not overcome my fear and I returned to my table. After that, I never saw her again. A wasted chance.

To improve my listening comprehension as well, I watched documentaries, movies, series and quiz shows on TV. During the commercial breaks, the commercial of this one gold bar caught my eye. The commercial made me so curious about the scent that I had to try it. I went to the nearest mall and sprayed it on a test strip. OMG what an incredible top note. Wonderfully citrusy and spicy. I had never smelled anything like it. So tangy, sexy, seductive. I bought it directly.

I didn't realize I had landed in the student paradise of Europe. I grew up in a small town and at the time I was still very shy. Which is not to say that I couldn't speak two sentences to strangers, but neither was I actively looking for conversation. Madrid a lively, vibrant city, the nirvana of Erasmus students. The crowded bars in La Latina, the alternative neighborhood of Malasaña, the former club Pachá in Tribunal. Just the right city to come out of my shell.

Through my improving Spanish skills and especially through the compliments I got because of the perfume, I became much more self-confident and I found it much easier to approach people
With my friends from the Spanish course we met every evening in large-organized botellones. What an atmosphere! At least 1000 young people in a square near La Latina, people talked in groups, some many danced, some others enjoyed other facets of youthful curiosity. I met so many different people, with different beliefs, different world views, different dreams. It was a very enriching time for me. I associate all of this with fragrance and my first stage in my new life.

One million for me is Madrid, new exciting experiences, vibrant nights, evenings full of emotions, and of course football ?

LG
MrMagic
The scent of youth, or "how a rightly hyped fragrance falls prey to its own hype"
One Milllion - 0815 and frowned upon - The "Ed Hardy" of fragrances (as it was aptly put before me).

First: all these associations have their raison d'être.
Would I still wear One Million seriously and regularly, or recommend it to anyone? Nope.
Do I think the fragrance deserves a review? Nope.
In its day, which is admittedly long gone, this was the fragrance par excellence. My first real perfume, which I got thanks to my parents for every occasion as a gift, so I now own the fragrance consistently for 9-10 years. I don't even know how many bottles have gone down the drain in that time, but it's been quite a few.
What is the first thought that comes to my mind about One Million?
Well, be it ever so frowned upon, but it went down well with women and even if some people don't like to hear that now - it still does. At least if the person does not know that it is the discredited One Million, because even every person who does not deal with perfume knows that the fragrance is "out". Much like with Ed Hardy - which is why I think the comparison is so apt. Especially since the fragrance character can be described just as well.
Loud, sweet, cheap - and yet special in its own way.

I can still remember exactly how this fragrance hit Germany like a bomb and suddenly everyone wore One Million. When I owned the first bottle, it was just going off, at least in my city, so that the reactions went from "You smell so good, what are you wearing?" to "You smell so good, are you wearing One Million?". Then came the legendary hype: everyone had the scent, everyone imitated it or immediately bought a brazen fake abroad, and at some point you couldn't smell it anymore.
I feel the same way, but the fragrance can't help that and I want to be fair. No fragrance has ever earned me as many compliments as this one. Sometimes (before Corona) when I just wanted to put on a strong perfume to celebrate, I pulled the dusty bottle out of the closet and put it on and lo and behold, compliments. The fragrance has become the epitome of 0815, but just still pulls. I must point out at this point, however, that I still own the old formula and my newest bottle is probably also about 4-5 years old. All flanker or new editions I do not know and I do not have to.
The performance is still strong. The flacon I find today maybe not so super, but as a teenager lured by the BLING BLING, I found that quite appealing. Thus, it also fit into the target audience, because One Million is for me a youthful clubbing fragrance and even there at most still wearable, if you have then still remains from past times. Freely according to the motto "The king is dead - long live the king" remains to be seen who will inherit his legacy.
Or are Ultra Male, Versace Eros about so much more fancy and timeless ;)?
To recall the scent again appropriately, I sprayed it on my wrist that morning and my goodness, I forgot how headache-inducing it is!
Thank you for our time together, you shiny loud gold bar! You've been with me like no other. I'll keep your last milliliters for nostalgic reasons, but you deserve a respectable send-off.
Even though this one is long overdue...
Ischgelroi
I smelled you a thousand times...
With these words begins my commentary on 1 Million. I had a bottle when 16-17 years old was. I bought at that time simply what was said that smells awesome. The mantra here was the statement of a buddy: Dude buy one million the part with the gold bar shape, then I really bought 100 ml of it, unfortunately, I do not know to this day why I have completely used up the bottle, because I never really liked 1 million. I think it was simply the thought to swim with the stream and not to tarnish. Today I can not understand why this perfume enjoys such popularity, it smells just sticky sweet with a strong silage, somehow I can not perceive any individual notes here. This perfume serves a typical cliché teenagers who just want to stand out and thus leave impression on the female world. I for one will wear new again 1 million, after the 100 Ml is my need completely covered forever.

Brilliant
This is true champion. Smells heavenly and lasts very long, around 8-10 hours. Projects like crazy for 3-4 hours. I am in love with it. My bottle is 2 year old though, so can't comment on the newer batches.
One Million aka. 0815
What can I say, where do I start...?

The year is 2010 Anno Domini. I must have been 22 years young, freshly in love and still full of juice. I discovered this sweetly beautiful fragrance in a perfumery I trusted. I was thrilled and very taken with this great fragrance, back then.

My girlfriend at the time liked the fragrance very much.... as did all the other ladies. It was a real chick magnet. It brought compliments and just a good feeling.

Present:
I can't tell you what aversion I developed to this fragrance.... Not because the scent reminds me of an ex, no, it's just satiating-rags. Every other guy and every guy in the shisha bar wears this scent from PR. It's actually a shame what they've done with this fragrance. Yes it's good and it still gets you compliments but at what cost? That you smell like every X-rated guy out there. No, not with me
The same thing is happening to Sauvage right now unfortunately and that's sad when talent like that is wasted.

One Million has mutated into 0815 and is nothing special and has no character anymore. That and the fact that the scent is just too sweet for me made me forget about this fragrance.

*Addendum: I do not want to upset a Shisha Bar visitor ;) Was just a stylistic device to describe the drama around this fragrance. So please take it with humor. Thank you
i like it
Well, the smell is amazing. It's Italian macho, so it doesn't suit every man. If you're a gray mouse, or shy, don't choose it at all. A confident conqueror who has a very masculine air about him. He doesn't give a woman the chance to say no, and wants you right away. (Hihihi)
Even though the scent is sweet, is very masculine. (I know a lot of young men use it, but we know what they all want at that age gg )
As a woman, I don't like very heavy, spicy perfumes in men at all.

Once upon a time..
about 10 years ago, I was standing in a big perfumery and wanted to see what was new. Suddenly there was another customer standing next to me and told me that I should definitely take 1 million, because the women were really into it and all. It was so convincing that I just had to put two sprayers on it. At the beginning it didn't really work for me, but when I came home, my ex noticed it immediately and said that it smells really cool and is better than anything I had done before. That was a hard blow, because I already had some good water at that time. But what do you do not do everything for love, so I'm just back and bought it.

I didn't like it at first because it was very sweet for my habit at that time, but with time I liked it more and more. When the Absolutely Gold version came out, it even became my everyday scent for a while, because it was really good. But unfortunately they don't produce that anymore, so I took other things, because I have enough choice here and as a single again I can stink as much as I want.

The other day I thought I could at least buy the eau de toilette again. And that's what I did at one of the big established "fragrance houses", because after all they always say that you shouldn't buy anything from the grey market and also no dupes, because otherwise you ruin this starving industry and its magnificent art and so on.

Yesterday I hit 4 sprayers in the early morning, because the first one already seemed to be quite tame. Nevertheless I had a lot of trouble to smell anything of it and even the little bit that was there didn't stay for long. The whole thing was a bad joke, there is a Big Red chewing gum stronger!
So it seems to be that the poor industry is already so poor that they can hardly put any fragrance into their water, because this is not the first time I have experienced something like this? But the only funny thing is that at least some smaller and less known manufacturers still manage to make you float in the fragrance sky with just one sprayer, why can they use the ?

I then looked who is currently behind and over 1 million, so to speak, and there I found out what other brands are also part of it. Of course I can't exchange it anymore, because I've already used it, but I'll send everything back that I bought from their other brands and have already packed it here. And I will never buy anything from any of these brands again, no matter what they release, because buying perfume is a matter of trust for me, because you never know if the contents of the testers are really the same. And as soon as you open the box you bought and test it, you have the problem of being able to exchange it.

If I go to a bar and order a vodka and all I get is a mix of water and a little vodka aroma on it, I never enter that bar again!

My batch is according to "Online Checker" from August 2020 and yes it is 100% original!

CaspikaarCaspikaar 1 hour ago
Sweetness, richness and spicyness all over the place. The scent to me screams for a fraicheur to balance the juice. Schoolboy vibe juice..
AithanAithan 7 months ago
Too sweet and too powdery for my taste. Also gave me an headache.
Performance is good.
PedroDarkPedroDark 7 months ago
Once it was a beast in performance.... But now its just skin scent that simply doens't last.
SweetdexterSweetdexter 11 months ago
5.5
Poor performance after reformulation.
MilanM90MilanM90 1 year ago
Good smell but very poor poor silage... Not worth buying.
Arman038Arman038 1 year ago
To be honest, I never liked this fragrance. It's too generic and sweet.
Aquarius1Aquarius1 1 year ago
''One million? I knew it, my ex boyfriend had the same perfume.''

What are the odds. Nice scent, though. Tacky bottle.
HubertGHubertG 1 year ago
absolute best seller, good fragrance but got sick of it, too sweet, too many people wearing it, now wear it when I go to gym, so I fuse...
MihaiuMihaiu 2 years ago
the victim of popularity & greatly overused.SWEET-rich-smooth-honeyed fusion of cinnamon,mandarin,leather and amber. cloying in warm weather
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
I enjoy to smell it on other people; Whenever I wear it, I never apply the spray in my chest or my neck because I find it a bit cloying.

by GothicHeart
locked up - they won't let him out no more
by Morpheus1
by Daniel9228
by Daniel9228
by Andreas09
by Andreas09
Thank you for your words!
by R0din
by YKem
by Emko47
by Emko47

Popular Paco Rabanne

1 Million Privé by Paco Rabanne La Nuit (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Lucky by Paco Rabanne Paco Rabanne pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne La Nuit (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Ténéré (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Calandre (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Mētāl (Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Olympēa Intense by Paco Rabanne Olympēa Legend by Paco Rabanne Ultrared Man by Paco Rabanne Olympēa (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Calandre (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet Man (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Absolutely Gold by Paco Rabanne Invictus Aqua (2016) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Parfum by Paco Rabanne Invictus Aqua (2018) by Paco Rabanne XS pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Lady Million Absolutely Gold by Paco Rabanne