1 Million Intense 2013

1 Million Intense by Paco Rabanne
Bottle Design Noé Duchaufour-Lawrance
1 Million Intense is a perfume by Paco Rabanne for men and was released in 2013. The scent is sweet-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Puig. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesRed mandarin orange, Cardamom, Black pepper, Saffron
Heart Notes Heart NotesRose absolute, Neroli, Cinnamon
Base Notes Base NotesWhite leather, Orris root, Patchouli, Sandalwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 14.11.2020.

I'd love to, but
The fragrance has been in my collection for quite some time. For over eight years now, to be exact. It is also one of the few fragrances that I have been tempted to buy twice. Again and again I look at it and still leave it on the shelf. And so it is that the second bottle in almost 8 years is only good-looking when it is full to bursting. My big problem is the negative mood that arises when you perceive it. A prejudice, afflicted with a target group that is associated with this fragrance. Even though I don't belong to the group of people who wear sweatpants and golden Gucci watches, I can't manage to spray it on from time to time. In my opinion, nobody wants to be put into a drawer with a run-up.

To the fragrance:

Actually, I'm thinking of wearing something a little more "manly". But often I also fall back into my teenage days, when I liked to wear something sweeter. That's why I also like a little sweeter and spicier notes. I have to agree with Mr. Fragrance on one point, I personally like the opening - every time a time travel. In the opening the blood mandarin and cardamom clearly bang around your ears and "intensify" the sweet temptation. In doing so, the pepper intervenes slightly and defuses the whole thing. A mixture that really doesn't please everyone and can also provoke clear reactions in some people when sprayed on and worn. Once you have overcome this stimulant after a few minutes, the scent settles a little. The cinnamon, rose absolute and neroli start to work and further defuse this mixture. At the end you can also perceive some leather, whereby the sweetness of the beginning is maintained over the entire course. Compared to the normal 1 million, I find it calmer and more balanced.

Shelf life:

On me the smell sticks quite well whereby I also tend to fade out after some time of wearing. It is only during movement or physical exertion that I consciously perceive it again. My fellow men have there clearly more to smell.

Sillage:

As should be known, this scent projects incredibly well. Therefore, the Sillage is a factor here, which also does not allow the scent for the office. Cornering guaranteed.

Flacon:

Gold bars. It's a little different. From the women's fragrances category, other forms are also known (shoes, handbags, flowers, lipsticks, ...), so why not something golden shiny for men. For me personally, who likes it a little bit more simple flacons, just a little too much. Too ostentatious.

In short, a fragrance that takes me on a journey through time when I smell it. Unfortunately, I can only wear it relaxed when I know that I'm not going among people today. Too bad, actually.

Leader of the pack
There is a vast legion of men (and women) who LOVE "1 Million" - and the Intense-version of it will certainly also appeal to many of them. I know at least two young guys who wear no other fragrance than "1 Million" to establish their self-confidence. The "Intense"-Million will certainly be an option for them, too. Yet the top notes of mandarin, saffron, pepper and cardamon are - in my humble opinion - not treated with due understanding with regard to their characteristics. They are the opposite of what I'd call "refined", but at least they are strong and outgoing. In the heart I can smell a neroli-spicy kind of cinnamon (too much of it) - and in the long-lasting base, there are extremely crass notes of artificial sandalwood and patchouli, all of which are fixed with a weird, soapy accord of cedar. Can't smell any "white leather" as mentioned in the pyramide, but this might be due to the different ideas I have in my mind about leather in general. I am not in the least drawn to this fragrance, on the contrary. "1 Million Intense" does carry the leader-of-the-pack theme through with a terribly assertive strong, stealthy fragrance, even when sprayed lightly, it seems to be overdosed. Uninhibited and up-front, this is a fragrance I'd put down on my list for "fragrance harassment".

by KleinerPrinz
by KleinerPrinz
by YKem
by YKem

Popular Paco Rabanne

Ténéré (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne La Nuit (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Privé by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Lucky by Paco Rabanne Paco Rabanne pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Mētāl (Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Calandre (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Olympēa Intense by Paco Rabanne Olympēa Legend by Paco Rabanne Olympēa (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet Man (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Absolutely Gold by Paco Rabanne Calandre (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Invictus Aqua (2018) by Paco Rabanne Invictus Aqua (2016) by Paco Rabanne Olympēa Aqua (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne XS pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Black XS for Her (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Parfum by Paco Rabanne La Nuit (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne