1 Million Privé 2016

1 Million Privé by Paco Rabanne
Bottle Design Noé Duchaufour-Lawrance
1 Million Privé is a popular perfume by Paco Rabanne for men and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-spicy. It is being marketed by Puig.

Top Notes Top NotesRed mandarin, Cinnamon
Heart Notes Heart NotesShisha tobacco, Myrrh
Base Notes Base NotesTonka bean absolute, Patchouli

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 26.09.2020.

The face of the advertising campaign is model Sean O'Pry.

Condorpilot1
I hate the smell of shisha, but...
...to say it right away, Paco Rabannes 1 Million Privé is the most pleasant Shisha for me personally ;-) When I normally walk past shisha bars, I almost have to hold my nose to not notice these childishly sweet clouds of smoke that smell of everything and nothing. So I actually never would have thought that 1 Million Privé should have "Shisha tobacco" in the heart note, especially which direction? Exotic Mix? Hubbly-bubbly-gum? Virginia Honey? The latter would even go well with this fragrance - Virginia Honey is supposed to combine the scent of tobacco and honey, according to a short research...

In any case, Privé opens with sweet cinnamon, almost a cinnamon-sugar mixture and not necessarily with the typical hot taste of cinnamon. The whole thing is also slightly citric and much more discreet than the original Eau de Toilette (whose bad reputation I can't share). Privé feels more mature and smooth from the start. It doesn't scream for so much attention, the person wearing it has upgraded from the youthful EDT to the more chic EDP. After about 10 minutes, sweet tobacco is added, but whether this is shisha tobacco now, I can't tell. Again and again I also take a trace of apple.

In total, 1 million privé remains a long time linear in the fragrance progression. It is not particularly complex, but immediately easy to understand. It retains the slight playfulness of EDT, but is far less intrusive. It remains sweet throughout, but not as disgustingly sweet as cotton candy. Also the sillage is not as strong but still perceptible, so you should spray too much. For me it fits best into autumn, also as an everyday scent. Certainly also good for evenings, maybe on a date. Durability good 6 hours on my skin.

My bottle is now almost empty and I have never been disappointed by the fragrance
Arimax
Delicious, soft, cuddly and weak
The fragrance is very pleasant and beautifully delicious cinnamon, but still not heavy. Softer and quieter than the classic. Beautiful for autumn and winter, but also good to wear in spring and summer in the evenings.
It is well noticed the first 3 hours, then the Sillage as well as durability decreases with me on the skin strongly, despite 6-8 sprayers on neck and chest. After a 9h-10h working day only very easily perceptible on clothing.
Bought for 60€/100ml on special offer. Is it worth buying (only on offer): jaein.
I don't think I'm gonna buy it again. Never in non-price reduced condition.
DerDefcon
To Prollo Rabane: Please find another bottle for this!
As soon as I stand in the perfumery, see the big golden bars, see the pimped XS bottles at another place and turn up my nose at the rather young clientele of buyers, who may express themselves vulgarly and not in complete sentences, I am caught in the spiral of clichés par excellence. These clichés, some of which may be true, but are still not representative - even if you like to talk yourself into them - sometimes ensure that I don't pay any attention to certain scent corners when I enter the turquoise.
Well, I've made up my mind before. The occasion here was a small group of young people, I guess they were between sixteen and seventeen years old, standing in front of the Prollo Rabane shelf and talking excitedly about Privé, who was still quite fresh, but somehow never really made a great impression. I was about to switch to draught when I heard one of them say that this one wasn't as disgusting as the original 1 million. Oops, suddenly I got curious, too.
When the youth group moved away and they finally had room in front of the shelf, a little paper was sprayed first. And I got upset about that ugly bottle. I don't feel anything valuable or pretty at all and due to the success and the degree of popularity I will probably have to accept that Prollo Rabane, how can you blame the brand, will continue to rely on this container. If I had to make money with scents, I'd do the same.
But back to the subject.
On the paper test strip I was greeted by a delicious fruitiness that was neither too sweet nor too sticky-synthetic. So I dared, a spray shot landed on the back of my hand.

My nose was greeted by the blood mandarin, which was wonderfully fruity but by no means extremely sweet. Cinnamon followed and a lot of it. I like cinnamon, love its aromatic, airy, dry seasoning and associate it with my childhood days in which rice pudding with sugar and cinnamon was the favourite food.
But we're dealing with Prollo Rabane here. So there's no need to fall into nostalgia. This is withheld from other fragrances.
The shisha tobacco, which brought a cherry note into play, which was immediately encased in dry, spicy cinnamon and complemented by the blood orange, which was increasingly discreetly pushed into the background, went on. A beautiful sweetness spread itself, which fortunately did not remind of chewing gum or over-sugared milk shakes, but knew how to bribe balanced and with a great spice. The combination of cinnamon and an aroma close to that of cherries is one you can't really do much wrong with. So this fragrance is nothing new, nothing groundbreaking, but something tried and tested, something sweet and spicy, which doesn't pinch in the nose and already, in the middle of the fragrance, appears much more mature than the big, completely golden brother would ever do. This adulthood was rounded off at the end with the incipient tonka bean, which provided a little more depth through its vanilla appearance and prevented threatening one-dimensionality. Unfortunately, I didn't notice anything about the patchouli during testing.

Let's get this straight:

Contrary to the cliché caused by the use of this ugly flacon - sorry, my humble opinion - this fragrance house, which is currently dedicated to the rather young public, has managed to create a youthful, mature million, which does not exaggerate the sweetness, which also does not stick so well and also does not radiate so brutally, although I am rather of the opinion, similar to Joop Homme, that there is no too strong sillage, but only the wrong dosage. Cinnamon lovers should definitely try it, should give it a chance. Those who do not like cinnamon will definitely not get warm with this fragrance.

Conclusion: Beautiful fragrance, but in the end nothing that I absolutely need. Did I ever tell you that the container was ugly?
Velvety delicious
I bought a miniature "Privé" for my friend, after I had given him the desired "Lucky" for his birthday.
We both like Privé a lot about him. Sweet and velvety, cinnamon spicy, but still soft. Not pushy, but conspicuous. I'd like to bite a piece of skin out of him if I smelled his neck!
"Lucky" smells good, too, but "Privé" is somehow more diverse and round. A nice scent for men

A Matured 1 Million and is called Prive
SOTD: 12/12/18

Bought this as blind buy @ TJ Maxx as a gift set, including with the gift set a 10ml traveler and 1 Million Prive 100ml bottle. To my nose it has the 1 Million DNA, and I will agree with the reviewers on YouTube who reviewed this fragrance is a matured/grown up version of the 1 Million, but I still prefer the 1 Million Lucky over the Prive, just loved the cinnamon, tobacco, myrrh and Tonka bean well blended together. Prive will be in my weekly rotation this winter 2018/2019. Highly Recommended.

Scent: 8.5/10
Longevity/Performance: 9/10: Lasted on my skin between around 10-12+ hrs
Presentation/Design: 7.5/10
Overall: 8.5/10

VilarVilar 18 months ago
This is a great scent. Its well balanced between fruity-spicy-sweet. I think of it as an oriental gourmand. Has a nice mysterious aura...
Carlitos01Carlitos01 19 months ago
There is a place for every note in this perfume. Cinnamon, shisha tobacco & tonka absolute are fantastic. The best 1 Million for sure!
MrHonestMrHonest 3 years ago
Better than the original, but has a strange boozy spice to the mandarin that smells like a vodka-soaked vagrant. Or maybe it's just me...
Rmf1112Rmf1112 4 years ago
Nice warming cinnamon, tobacco, and myyrh. Would not hesistate to buy a bottle if it performed better.

by Lacrimalus
by Liebmausdana
by MauriceFFM
by MauriceFFM

Popular Paco Rabanne

Ténéré (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Calandre (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne La Nuit (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Lucky by Paco Rabanne Paco Rabanne pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Mētāl (Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Olympēa Intense by Paco Rabanne Olympēa Legend by Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet Man (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Sport de Paco Rabanne / Eau de Sport by Paco Rabanne Olympēa (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Absolutely Gold by Paco Rabanne Calandre (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Invictus Aqua (2016) by Paco Rabanne Invictus Aqua (2018) by Paco Rabanne Black XS for Her (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet by Paco Rabanne XS pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Olympēa Aqua (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Parfum by Paco Rabanne