1 Million Privé 2016

1 Million Privé by Paco Rabanne
Bottle Design Noé Duchaufour-Lawrance
1 Million Privé is a popular perfume by Paco Rabanne for men and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-spicy. It is being marketed by Puig.

Top Notes Top NotesRed mandarin orange, Cinnamon
Heart Notes Heart NotesShisha tobacco, Myrrh
Base Notes Base NotesTonka bean absolute, Patchouli

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 05.05.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is model Sean O'Pry.

ScentSlave
This one is becoming difficult to find...
... so when I saw it, I had to grab it. I am a fan of the 1 Million line, with the parfum and the Ultra being my faves in the line, but I love my cinnamon, and didn’t want to lose out on this if it gets discontinued.

This one doesn’t project nearly as well as its cousins in the line, having a soft 2ft radius, and while there is a sillage trail, it’s much more faint than one would expect from the 1 million family.
Longevity doesn’t quite hit the mark one tends to expect from a Paco Rabanne scent, getting just over 6 or so hours of performance.

The scent itself however, is very nice. It’s like a wearing a fresh, warm, Cinnabon right out of the oven. It’s like someone took a Spicebomb, and added a load of frosting and sugar to it. If only it could last and project a little bit longer.

It’s definitely one for the cooler days, and not for those who don’t like sweet scents. I mainly grabbed it because I’m getting the feeling it’s being discontinued or something.
3lbows
The other day, at the cake buffet: apple-cinnamon strudel just like at home
Sunday afternoon, pie party at a friend's house, pre-Covid times, of course. Everyone brings something: There's Anne, with her homemade cheesecake, with reduced-fat rice milk only from happy barn-raised cows. Peter and Karin, who only had enough for cream puffs from the bakery, are also back, as is Janine (@Yay9), the DIY baking influencer who already spent more time the whole morning staging her nutella-free whole grain oat roll cookies than she did baking them herself. And then there's Torsten, with three leftover pieces of unspectacular apple strudel from Saturday coffee at mom's. Despite its sticky-sweet appearance at first glance, its juicy, fruity aroma surprises even the most rentitious aroma aristocrat, er, nutrition apostle. That mother did not spare with cinnamon, lets the apple pastry also olfactory to top forms and tempts the otherwise more differentiated aromas accustomed conoisseur to discreetly approach the olfactory organ to the source of smell and later even demand seconds.
Well, to which piece I have probably reached?
Paco Rabanne's One Million Prive is like the unhealthy piece of cake, uncomplicated but honestly tempting to snack. In addition to the impressions listed above, there is only the scent of moistened tobacco from the freshly opened vacuum pack. A delightfully simple but immensely seductive experience is this, in my opinion, best flanker of the Goldbarren series, even if it runs out of steam a bit in the later drydown, and the scent collapses into gushy sweetness - but that really only affects the end of its scent development.
More adult than the OG I find the Privé after longer testing no longer, and also the bottle is more than a matter of taste, but you do not smell it so often, and its fruitiness and less intrusive sillage because of I find it much more portable, even now in the spring.
My purchase recommendation to all Duftnärrischen, who can still admit to themselves, to reach sometimes to sweet - long is probably no longer available anyway.
UWelling
Interesting winter scent with cinnamon and spices.
By chance I came across the Flanker Privé of 1 Million and must say that has what.
Alone already the Flacon is mega. Visually identical to the standard 1 Million, but with a great color scheme. Also the content looks great and reminds of a good whiskey.
But now to the fragrance:
This sweet and spicy perfume starts with tangerine and cinnamon, followed by shisha tobacco and myrrh. Tonka bean, absolute and patchouli round out this interesting scent.
The cinnamon I perceive immediately when spraying on. In how far Shisha smells tobacco, I can say nothing to, because this fragrance is unknown to me and also remains, because I definitely do not intend to test this in the original in any bar.
In any case, a spicy note keeps long, which is certainly not everyone's cup of tea, but this fragrance is certainly not to smell at every corner and thus already something special.
The sillage is good, you do not have to use much and the durability is with me also above average.
An interesting and quite portable fragrance, especially for the cold season.

Winter in a Bottle!
Paco Rabanne’s 1 Million Prive by the perfumer Christophe Raynaud does not disappoint! The composition of this fragrance is on the money!

Definitely a warm, resinous, rich, deep and dark fragrance suitable for cold weather. Sure, while the fragrance opens with mandarin orange, the bright citrus quickly dissipates and the rich blend of tobacco and Myrrh come to the fore. The sweetness is just enough sweetness; held together in the dry down with patchouli. For a designer fragrance this smells niche quality. Sadly this fragrance is discontinued, and who knows how long before prices for a bottle of 1 Million Prive will skyrocket. So hurry and get yours while you can.

Definitely a 10 / 10 for me overall for scent composition. I would love to have more sillage, projection and longevity because this is an artfully blended fragrance and people need to smell this one! You can probably tell I highly recommend this juice.
Condorpilot1
I hate the smell of shisha, but...
...to say it right away, Paco Rabannes 1 Million Privé is the most pleasant Shisha for me personally ;-) When I normally walk past shisha bars, I almost have to hold my nose to not notice these childishly sweet clouds of smoke that smell of everything and nothing. So I actually never would have thought that 1 Million Privé should have "Shisha tobacco" in the heart note, especially which direction? Exotic Mix? Hubbly-bubbly-gum? Virginia Honey? The latter would even go well with this fragrance - Virginia Honey is supposed to combine the scent of tobacco and honey, according to a short research...

In any case, Privé opens with sweet cinnamon, almost a cinnamon-sugar mixture and not necessarily with the typical hot taste of cinnamon. The whole thing is also slightly citric and much more discreet than the original Eau de Toilette (whose bad reputation I can't share). Privé feels more mature and smooth from the start. It doesn't scream for so much attention, the person wearing it has upgraded from the youthful EDT to the more chic EDP. After about 10 minutes, sweet tobacco is added, but whether this is shisha tobacco now, I can't tell. Again and again I also take a trace of apple.

In total, 1 million privé remains a long time linear in the fragrance progression. It is not particularly complex, but immediately easy to understand. It retains the slight playfulness of EDT, but is far less intrusive. It remains sweet throughout, but not as disgustingly sweet as cotton candy. Also the sillage is not as strong but still perceptible, so you should spray too much. For me it fits best into autumn, also as an everyday scent. Certainly also good for evenings, maybe on a date. Durability good 6 hours on my skin.

My bottle is now almost empty and I have never been disappointed by the fragrance
Arimax
Delicious, soft, cuddly and weak
The fragrance is very pleasant and beautifully delicious cinnamon, but still not heavy. Softer and quieter than the classic. Beautiful for autumn and winter, but also good to wear in spring and summer in the evenings.
It is well noticed the first 3 hours, then the Sillage as well as durability decreases with me on the skin strongly, despite 6-8 sprayers on neck and chest. After a 9h-10h working day only very easily perceptible on clothing.
Bought for 60€/100ml on special offer. Is it worth buying (only on offer): jaein.
I don't think I'm gonna buy it again. Never in non-price reduced condition.
DerDefcon
To Prollo Rabane: Please find another bottle for this!
As soon as I stand in the perfumery, see the big golden bars, see the pimped XS bottles at another place and turn up my nose at the rather young clientele of buyers, who may express themselves vulgarly and not in complete sentences, I am caught in the spiral of clichés par excellence. These clichés, some of which may be true, but are still not representative - even if you like to talk yourself into them - sometimes ensure that I don't pay any attention to certain scent corners when I enter the turquoise.
Well, I've made up my mind before. The occasion here was a small group of young people, I guess they were between sixteen and seventeen years old, standing in front of the Prollo Rabane shelf and talking excitedly about Privé, who was still quite fresh, but somehow never really made a great impression. I was about to switch to draught when I heard one of them say that this one wasn't as disgusting as the original 1 million. Oops, suddenly I got curious, too.
When the youth group moved away and they finally had room in front of the shelf, a little paper was sprayed first. And I got upset about that ugly bottle. I don't feel anything valuable or pretty at all and due to the success and the degree of popularity I will probably have to accept that Prollo Rabane, how can you blame the brand, will continue to rely on this container. If I had to make money with scents, I'd do the same.
But back to the subject.
On the paper test strip I was greeted by a delicious fruitiness that was neither too sweet nor too sticky-synthetic. So I dared, a spray shot landed on the back of my hand.

My nose was greeted by the blood mandarin, which was wonderfully fruity but by no means extremely sweet. Cinnamon followed and a lot of it. I like cinnamon, love its aromatic, airy, dry seasoning and associate it with my childhood days in which rice pudding with sugar and cinnamon was the favourite food.
But we're dealing with Prollo Rabane here. So there's no need to fall into nostalgia. This is withheld from other fragrances.
The shisha tobacco, which brought a cherry note into play, which was immediately encased in dry, spicy cinnamon and complemented by the blood orange, which was increasingly discreetly pushed into the background, went on. A beautiful sweetness spread itself, which fortunately did not remind of chewing gum or over-sugared milk shakes, but knew how to bribe balanced and with a great spice. The combination of cinnamon and an aroma close to that of cherries is one you can't really do much wrong with. So this fragrance is nothing new, nothing groundbreaking, but something tried and tested, something sweet and spicy, which doesn't pinch in the nose and already, in the middle of the fragrance, appears much more mature than the big, completely golden brother would ever do. This adulthood was rounded off at the end with the incipient tonka bean, which provided a little more depth through its vanilla appearance and prevented threatening one-dimensionality. Unfortunately, I didn't notice anything about the patchouli during testing.

Let's get this straight:

Contrary to the cliché caused by the use of this ugly flacon - sorry, my humble opinion - this fragrance house, which is currently dedicated to the rather young public, has managed to create a youthful, mature million, which does not exaggerate the sweetness, which also does not stick so well and also does not radiate so brutally, although I am rather of the opinion, similar to Joop Homme, that there is no too strong sillage, but only the wrong dosage. Cinnamon lovers should definitely try it, should give it a chance. Those who do not like cinnamon will definitely not get warm with this fragrance.

Conclusion: Beautiful fragrance, but in the end nothing that I absolutely need. Did I ever tell you that the container was ugly?
Velvety delicious
I bought a miniature "Privé" for my friend, after I had given him the desired "Lucky" for his birthday.
We both like Privé a lot about him. Sweet and velvety, cinnamon spicy, but still soft. Not pushy, but conspicuous. I'd like to bite a piece of skin out of him if I smelled his neck!
"Lucky" smells good, too, but "Privé" is somehow more diverse and round. A nice scent for men

A Matured 1 Million and is called Prive
SOTD: 12/12/18

Bought this as blind buy @ TJ Maxx as a gift set, including with the gift set a 10ml traveler and 1 Million Prive 100ml bottle. To my nose it has the 1 Million DNA, and I will agree with the reviewers on YouTube who reviewed this fragrance is a matured/grown up version of the 1 Million, but I still prefer the 1 Million Lucky over the Prive, just loved the cinnamon, tobacco, myrrh and Tonka bean well blended together. Prive will be in my weekly rotation this winter 2018/2019. Highly Recommended.

Scent: 8.5/10
Longevity/Performance: 9/10: Lasted on my skin between around 10-12+ hrs
Presentation/Design: 7.5/10
Overall: 8.5/10

VilarVilar 2 years ago
This is a great scent. Its well balanced between fruity-spicy-sweet. I think of it as an oriental gourmand. Has a nice mysterious aura...
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
There is a place for every note in this perfume. Cinnamon, shisha tobacco & tonka absolute are fantastic. The best 1 Million for sure!
MrHonestMrHonest 4 years ago
Better than the original, but has a strange boozy spice to the mandarin that smells like a vodka-soaked vagrant. Or maybe it's just me...
Rmf1112Rmf1112 4 years ago
Nice warming cinnamon, tobacco, and myyrh. Would not hesistate to buy a bottle if it performed better.

by Lacrimalus
by UWelling
by Iocicredo
by Iocicredo

Popular Paco Rabanne

La Nuit (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Lucky by Paco Rabanne Ténéré (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Paco Rabanne pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne La Nuit (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Calandre (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Mētāl (Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Olympēa Intense by Paco Rabanne Olympēa Legend by Paco Rabanne Olympēa (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Ultrared Man by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Absolutely Gold by Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet Man (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Calandre (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Lady Million Absolutely Gold by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Parfum by Paco Rabanne Invictus Aqua (2016) by Paco Rabanne Invictus Aqua (2018) by Paco Rabanne XS pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Olympēa Aqua (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne