1 Million Privé (2016)

1 Million Privé by Paco Rabanne
Bottle Design: Noé Duchaufour-Lawrance

1 Million Privé is a perfume by Paco Rabanne for men and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-spicy. It is being marketed by Puig.

Top Notes Top NotesBlood mandarin, Cinnamon
Heart Notes Heart NotesShisha tobacco, Myrrh
Base Notes Base NotesTonka bean absolute, Patchouli

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 15.08.2019

The face of the advertising campaign is model Sean O'Pry.

3.0 7.0 8.0 7.5/10

DerDefcon
To Prollo Rabane: Please find another bottle for this!
As soon as I stand in the perfumery, see the big golden bars, see the pimped XS bottles at another place and turn up my nose at the rather young clientele of buyers, who may express themselves vulgarly and not in complete sentences, I am caught in the spiral of clichés par excellence. These clichés, some of which may be true, but are still not representative - even if you like to talk yourself into them - sometimes ensure that I don't pay any attention to certain scent corners when I enter the turquoise.
Well, I've made up my mind before. The occasion here was a small group of young people, I guess they were between sixteen and seventeen years old, standing in front of the Prollo Rabane shelf and talking excitedly about Privé, who was still quite fresh, but somehow never really made a great impression. I was about to switch to draught when I heard one of them say that this one wasn't as disgusting as the original 1 million. Oops, suddenly I got curious, too.
When the youth group moved away and they finally had room in front of the shelf, a little paper was sprayed first. And I got upset about that ugly bottle. I don't feel anything valuable or pretty at all and due to the success and the degree of popularity I will probably have to accept that Prollo Rabane, how can you blame the brand, will continue to rely on this container. If I had to make money with scents, I'd do the same.
But back to the subject.
On the paper test strip I was greeted by a delicious fruitiness that was neither too sweet nor too sticky-synthetic. So I dared, a spray shot landed on the back of my hand.

My nose was greeted by the blood mandarin, which was wonderfully fruity but by no means extremely sweet. Cinnamon followed and a lot of it. I like cinnamon, love its aromatic, airy, dry seasoning and associate it with my childhood days in which rice pudding with sugar and cinnamon was the favourite food.
But we're dealing with Prollo Rabane here. So there's no need to fall into nostalgia. This is withheld from other fragrances.
The shisha tobacco, which brought a cherry note into play, which was immediately encased in dry, spicy cinnamon and complemented by the blood orange, which was increasingly discreetly pushed into the background, went on. A beautiful sweetness spread itself, which fortunately did not remind of chewing gum or over-sugared milk shakes, but knew how to bribe balanced and with a great spice. The combination of cinnamon and an aroma close to that of cherries is one you can't really do much wrong with. So this fragrance is nothing new, nothing groundbreaking, but something tried and tested, something sweet and spicy, which doesn't pinch in the nose and already, in the middle of the fragrance, appears much more mature than the big, completely golden brother would ever do. This adulthood was rounded off at the end with the incipient tonka bean, which provided a little more depth through its vanilla appearance and prevented threatening one-dimensionality. Unfortunately, I didn't notice anything about the patchouli during testing.

Let's get this straight:

Contrary to the cliché caused by the use of this ugly flacon - sorry, my humble opinion - this fragrance house, which is currently dedicated to the rather young public, has managed to create a youthful, mature million, which does not exaggerate the sweetness, which also does not stick so well and also does not radiate so brutally, although I am rather of the opinion, similar to Joop Homme, that there is no too strong sillage, but only the wrong dosage. Cinnamon lovers should definitely try it, should give it a chance. Those who do not like cinnamon will definitely not get warm with this fragrance.

Conclusion: Beautiful fragrance, but in the end nothing that I absolutely need. Did I ever tell you that the container was ugly?
7.0 7.0 8.0 9.0/10

Velvety delicious
I bought a miniature "Privé" for my friend, after I had given him the desired "Lucky" for his birthday.
We both like Privé a lot about him. Sweet and velvety, cinnamon spicy, but still soft. Not pushy, but conspicuous. I'd like to bite a piece of skin out of him if I smelled his neck!
"Lucky" smells good, too, but "Privé" is somehow more diverse and round. A nice scent for men

A Matured 1 Million and is called Prive
SOTD: 12/12/18

Bought this as blind buy @ TJ Maxx as a gift set, including with the gift set a 10ml traveler and 1 Million Prive 100ml bottle. To my nose it has the 1 Million DNA, and I will agree with the reviewers on YouTube who reviewed this fragrance is a matured/grown up version of the 1 Million, but I still prefer the 1 Million Lucky over the Prive, just loved the cinnamon, tobacco, myrrh and Tonka bean well blended together. Prive will be in my weekly rotation this winter 2018/2019. Highly Recommended.

Scent: 8.5/10
Longevity/Performance: 9/10: Lasted on my skin between around 10-12+ hrs
Presentation/Design: 7.5/10
Overall: 8.5/10

Vilar 142 days ago
This is a great scent. Its well balanced between fruity-spicy-sweet. I think of it as an oriental gourmand. Has a nice mysterious aura...
9.0
Carlitos01 177 days ago
There is a place for every note in this perfume. Cinnamon, shisha tobacco & tonka absolute are fantastic. The best 1 Million for sure!+4
10.0
MrHonest 22 months ago
Better than the original, but has a strange boozy spice to the mandarin that smells like a vodka-soaked vagrant. Or maybe it's just me...+3
9.0
6.0
Rmf1112 2 years ago
Nice warming cinnamon, tobacco, and myyrh. Would not hesistate to buy a bottle if it performed better.+2
5.0

by Liebmausdana
by MauriceFFM
by MauriceFFM

Popular Paco Rabanne

1 Million (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Invictus (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Lady Million (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Paco Rabanne pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Olympéa (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Black XS (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Privé by Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet Man (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Black XS for Her (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Pure XS by Paco Rabanne Invictus Aqua (2016) by Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Lucky by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Intense by Paco Rabanne XS pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Invictus Aqua (2018) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Cologne by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Absolutely Gold by Paco Rabanne Olympéa Intense by Paco Rabanne Paco by Paco Rabanne