Black XS for Her (2007) Eau de Toilette

Black XS for Her (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne
Bottle Design: Jérôme Falliant Dumas

Black XS for Her (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Paco Rabanne for women and was released in 2007. The scent is sweet-fruity. It is being marketed by Puig.

Top Notes Top NotesCranberry, Tamarind blossom
Heart Notes Heart NotesChristmas rose, Black violet
Base Notes Base NotesMassoia wood, Black vanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 13.05.2019

7.5 10.0 7.5 3.0/10

Daisyvision
Beware the Tamarind - This scent has got a bite.
Based on the main notes and chic bottle design, I thought I'd love the edgy Black XS - but this scent has got a bite. A very bitter, offputting and stinging bite that slashes right through several notes I love (cranberry, vanilla, cacao, patchouli) and strips virtually all of the sweetness and femininity away, leaving behind an almost alcoholic quality. I agree with other reviewers that have described this as a 'masculine' perfume, yet, I personally wouldn't want to smell this on a man, either. Based on its description as "bitter and acidic", Tamarind must be the note that's causing the clash and preventing me from loving Black XS.
7.5 7.5 6.0/10

90% Cocoa Chocolate plus Chili Peppers plus Cranberries plus Rose--Unique!
Although the sweet patchouli of Paco Rabanne BLACK XS is so pronounced that this could almost be an ANGEL flanker, the other notes meld together ultimately to produce a 90% cocoa dark chocolate bar into which a few chili peppers, dried cranberries and rose petals have been interspersed. The violets and wood have melted completely into the chocolate and cannot be identified by my nose as individual notes.

Patchouli absolutely predominates, but the cocoa becomes more detectable in the drydown, making this fragrance a new twist on the vanilla patchouli theme. I enjoyed wearing BLACK XS a lot, so perhaps by I have succumbed to what is clearly a cultural trend. Did thick, chewy, vanilla patchouli frags exist before ANGEL? Well, happily, this "ANGEL flanker" avoids the excesses of its notorious predecessor!

I might at some point add a bottle of this potion to my collection...
7.5 7.5 6.0/10

A flash of naughtiness
I've been through some phases in my life, one of them included dying my hair black, wearing outrageous clothes and talking to decent men like a tramp. Black XS for Her reminds me of those days.

To me it smells like dark, syrupy cherries, (almost medicinal), vanilla flavoured cream, pepper and a hint of red rose. I like it in an odd kind of a way. It's not too sweet and it has an edgy-ness that I enjoy.

Honestly, this is more punk rock than gothic. It's a fun, party scent, not something for dark, brooding people.

Black XS for Her is yummy, but certainly not a gourmand. It's a nice in-between type of fragrance. Not too girly, not too sweet, not too dark. It's bold but also balanced.

I think this fragrance could work well in Winter and for nights out and about on the town. I kind of expected this fragrance to have an attitude, however I find the scent rather inviting. It's sexy too, which is a bonus.

The lasting power is pretty good, and same could be said of the sillage although it isn't all that strong. Overall, Black XS for Her is a fun, sexy and edgy scent, great for those girls that are growing out of the sugary, candied scents.

by Darkwhite
by Folly
by Echtdufte
by Echtdufte

Popular Paco Rabanne

1 Million (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Invictus (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Lady Million (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Paco Rabanne pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Olympéa (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Black XS (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Privé by Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet Man (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Black XS for Her (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Pure XS by Paco Rabanne Invictus Aqua (2016) by Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Lucky by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Intense by Paco Rabanne XS pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Invictus Aqua (2018) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Cologne by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Absolutely Gold by Paco Rabanne Olympéa Intense by Paco Rabanne Paco by Paco Rabanne