Black XS for Her 2007 Eau de Toilette

Black XS for Her (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne
Bottle Design Jérôme Falliant Dumas
Black XS for Her (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Paco Rabanne for women and was released in 2007. The scent is sweet-fruity. It is being marketed by Puig. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesCranberry, Tamarind blossom
Heart Notes Heart NotesChristmas rose, Black violet
Base Notes Base NotesMassoia wood, Vanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 13.05.2021.

Kysaria
Fruity dark chocolate for dreamy melancholic women
This is my first perfume review and I dedicate it to "my" Black XS. It started with us in a D-store more than ten years ago. Back then, I was still in black lace skirts, shirts with lace and/or lacing, and a purple coat with bows. I found perfumes mostly difficult - they all smelled the same and there was nothing for me. But acquaintances of mine dragged me along and there was this saleswoman who asked me about my preferences and then held the reddish-purple bottle under my nose. Wow That smelled different.
Sour cranberries in the top note, plus a tingling in the nose from the pepper and a subtle sweetness. That gradually gets stronger; the peony and violet come in. Then the scent becomes more vanilla and chocolaty. The woods and patchouli add a dark depth. I was in love - and still am to this day! In the last ten years I have changed and my scent preferences certainly have too. But Black XS has remained. Sometimes with more and sometimes with less enthusiasm - as it is in a long-term relationship. But mostly it harmonizes with us.
On my skin, the durability is enormous: I perceive the fragrance even after more than twelve hours on me. On the hair and the clothes he keeps even until the next day - there I have to be careful then according to experience, which fragrance I apply.
Meanwhile, I discover (also thanks to you here) more and more perfumes for me. But my fragrance experience with Black XS is for me the standard by which other fragrances must be measured.
Because the night...
... belongs to Lovers...
sang Patti Smith when the girls and I threw ourselves into my Helios Yellow Benz and turned the Becker music system to over volume.

During the day we were nice and neat and went about demure activities - but at night we extended our claws.

Black robed like the vampires we flew - no, not bloodthirsty but adventurous from , looking for " victims " to " play " with them.

Because a game should remain the hot flirts - that was an unwritten law.

We flirted with the guys and gals - that the sparks fly and danced until dawn.
And for the initial ignition we let already in the car " the bottle circle " - the bottle Black XS.

This fragrance spread an exciting flicker - which matched our mood.
It starts friendly with cranberry - but then allows itself extravagances by the tamarind flower and the Christmas rose.
The black violet winks with smokey eyes - and has something obscure, inscrutable - framed by exotic woods.
The vanilla, on the other hand, is soft and accessible.

An exciting fragrance - for exciting night flights.

But at daybreak, decent vampires fly home, turn back into dear girls and dutifully seek their little bed.

I look at the bottle smiling , and say softly : You have been there.
And he winks at me with smokey eyes.

Music : Those were the days my friend - by Mary Hopkins

Daisyvision
Beware the Tamarind - This scent has got a bite.
Based on the main notes and chic bottle design, I thought I'd love the edgy Black XS - but this scent has got a bite. A very bitter, offputting and stinging bite that slashes right through several notes I love (cranberry, vanilla, cacao, patchouli) and strips virtually all of the sweetness and femininity away, leaving behind an almost alcoholic quality. I agree with other reviewers that have described this as a 'masculine' perfume, yet, I personally wouldn't want to smell this on a man, either. Based on its description as "bitter and acidic", Tamarind must be the note that's causing the clash and preventing me from loving Black XS.

90% Cocoa Chocolate plus Chili Peppers plus Cranberries plus Rose--Unique!
Although the sweet patchouli of Paco Rabanne BLACK XS is so pronounced that this could almost be an ANGEL flanker, the other notes meld together ultimately to produce a 90% cocoa dark chocolate bar into which a few chili peppers, dried cranberries and rose petals have been interspersed. The violets and wood have melted completely into the chocolate and cannot be identified by my nose as individual notes.

Patchouli absolutely predominates, but the cocoa becomes more detectable in the drydown, making this fragrance a new twist on the vanilla patchouli theme. I enjoyed wearing BLACK XS a lot, so perhaps by I have succumbed to what is clearly a cultural trend. Did thick, chewy, vanilla patchouli frags exist before ANGEL? Well, happily, this "ANGEL flanker" avoids the excesses of its notorious predecessor!

I might at some point add a bottle of this potion to my collection...

A flash of naughtiness
I've been through some phases in my life, one of them included dying my hair black, wearing outrageous clothes and talking to decent men like a tramp. Black XS for Her reminds me of those days.

To me it smells like dark, syrupy cherries, (almost medicinal), vanilla flavoured cream, pepper and a hint of red rose. I like it in an odd kind of a way. It's not too sweet and it has an edgy-ness that I enjoy.

Honestly, this is more punk rock than gothic. It's a fun, party scent, not something for dark, brooding people.

Black XS for Her is yummy, but certainly not a gourmand. It's a nice in-between type of fragrance. Not too girly, not too sweet, not too dark. It's bold but also balanced.

I think this fragrance could work well in Winter and for nights out and about on the town. I kind of expected this fragrance to have an attitude, however I find the scent rather inviting. It's sexy too, which is a bonus.

The lasting power is pretty good, and same could be said of the sillage although it isn't all that strong. Overall, Black XS for Her is a fun, sexy and edgy scent, great for those girls that are growing out of the sugary, candied scents.

by Ginger
by Folly
by Echtdufte
by Echtdufte

Popular Paco Rabanne

1 Million Privé by Paco Rabanne La Nuit (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne La Nuit (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Lucky by Paco Rabanne Paco Rabanne pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Ténéré (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Mētāl (Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Olympēa Intense by Paco Rabanne Olympēa Legend by Paco Rabanne Calandre (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Ultrared Man by Paco Rabanne Olympēa (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet Man (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Absolutely Gold by Paco Rabanne Mētāl (Eau de Toilette) / Eau de Mētāl by Paco Rabanne Calandre (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Parfum by Paco Rabanne Invictus Aqua (2018) by Paco Rabanne Lady Million Absolutely Gold by Paco Rabanne Invictus Aqua (2016) by Paco Rabanne