Invictus Aqua (2018)

Version from 2018
Invictus Aqua (2018) by Paco Rabanne
Bottle Design: Cédric Ragot

Invictus Aqua (2018) is a new perfume by Paco Rabanne for men and was released in 2018. The scent is aquatic-fresh. It is being marketed by Puig.

Ambery woods, Marine notes, Grapefruit, Ambergris, Violet leaf, Rosewood

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 16.09.2019

7.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

DarkWinterCS
Nothing special, but hmmm.... good
In most cases - this is how I myself am polarized - you look for fragrances that are something special, stand out from the crowd and are distinguished by quality, independence or durability. But sometimes this is not necessary or not wanted at all. It's also enough to do the simple, the everyday or the simple that convinces you.
Invictus Aqua is just such a fragrance. A straight fragrance that captivates with a clear line. One knows after the first sprayer what one can expect and what he knows to convince. I myself mainly used it when I got up on the weekend and then made my way to the bakery or took care of other short distances. For these purposes a perfume which radiates more and is more finished is simply too bad for me.
Due to its fine notes, it was wearable all year round, although the winter may fall off a bit, as the aquatic notes show their effect at temperatures >15 degrees Celsius.

The fragrance starts with a woody note, light spice and delicate citrus fruit. Depending on the temperature, the fragrance then lets one of these notes flush more through the aquatic notes into the foreground. So in heart and base the distribution (in my case) was as follows :

35 % aquatic notes
35 % spicy notes
20 % woody notes and
10 % Citric notes

In conclusion, a relatively round mixture. It didn't remind me too much of shower gel or aftershave. I don't want to draw comparisons with a certain smell. Simply the association of a pot full of sea water, which is stirred with a citrus fruit stuck on the stick and a spice mixture thrown in
8.0 8.0 8.0 7.5/10

Invictus Vodka 2018
Invictus Aqua 2018 really doesn't have an easy life.. his big brother Invictus Aqua 2016 is the popular and unbeatable insider tip!
And yet I find IA 2018 HAS its raison d'être. It has an almost "alcoholic" freshness, which I think is due to the grapefruit (previously "grapefruit peel"), as well as the stronger focus on the violet leaf.
Somehow more citric than its predecessor, "more ethereal" could also be said. (VI. is that what I mean by "alcoholic"...)

Although the fragrance may seem a little trivial at first (if you don't know it), I find it to be very superior in the long run. It has a pretty good durability, which is really good for a "Freshy", and not of course!
The notes give it a slightly youthful appearance, which makes you feel really refreshed and sporty when wearing it. I'd say it's more youthful than IA 2016, which is neither good nor bad, but on some days I find it just that refreshing.

On the days I wear it, it gives me exactly the feeling and the summery kick I need, mainstreamer or not! And one simply notices that the makers understand their craft (they should probably also be one of the biggest designer fragrances ever...) and has a well thought-out fragrance DNA.

At the beginning I was a bit biased towards the Invictus series, because the original fragrance is a bit too chemically sweet to wear often, just a bit annoying. And when you smell the DNA from it, of course you immediately have that association. But if you take a closer look you will notice that PR has learned a lot from the Flankers, and the annoying aspects have cushioned much better.
5.0 5.0 5.0 6.5/10

Lockon
Weaker than it's big brother.
It seems okay...nothing special.
This DNA is copied and is everywhere nowadays.
I have the Invictus Aqua 2016.
And it's better IMHO to me.
The 2016 bottle is thicker: woodier, stronger sea notes & sweeter. Last longer & projects much better.

Now the 2018 bottle is much lighter when it comes to the sweetness, longevity & projection.
But on a hot summer day, this will be enough. After an hour it sits close to the skin.
But if you're sweating and outdoors, it will be mixing with your body chemistry. Any movement will make it seem that it's still blasting out...But its only in your personal space aka scent bubble.
So you can wear this anywhere and people won't be offended by the scent or its projection/sillage.
Grapefruit & violet notes are really great.
I used six sprays...both wrist, back & front of my neck, chest, and front of my shirt.

Will I buy this again? No.

What's the strength of this? EDT.

Can you use it as a unisex scent? Yes.

Am I willing to trade this fragrance? Yes.

Should You Skip It, Sample It First or Blind Buy It? You can skip it.

Is it the old, new formulation? New(2018 version).

What's its availability; in production, limited edition or discontinued? In production.

SKU Number: 3349668563234 (Tester)
Batch Number: 73271 (Production Date: 11/23/2017)

Age: 21+
From: Hookup
Size: 100ML
Scent: 5/5 (Nice).
Value: 5/5 ($20.00).
Sillage: 5/5 (Five feet).
Longevity: 3/5 (Six hours max).
Creativity: 5/5 (Sweet, a bit soapy & woody).
Projection: 3/5 (90 minutes).
Versatility: 3.25/5 (Spring/Summer time only & anywhere that doesn't involve a suit).
Compliments: 5/5 (Nice).

Until next time, I'll catch you on the flipside.

Not the same
I have seen talk in fragcom about this being very similar to the 2016 release, I don't find this to be true, but I do find this to be a better fragrance. Many may not agree since the 2016 was very popular.

9.0 7.0 7.0 8.0/10

A refreshing summer fragrance
Invictus Aqua
2018 Version
A wonderful aquatic marine makes you feel refreshed in the summer heat
I would recommend that everyone experience the 2018 version
The fragment has reasonable limits taking into account that it is a summer fragrance
Suitable for morning and afternoon periods

ScentedGent 10 months ago
I hate this reformulation! 2016 was the bomb.
0.5
StarA1 21 months ago
A refreshing fragrance use in hot summer ... gives you a sense of reviving and self-confidence+1
9.0

by TomDuft
by Seriii94
by Seriii94

Popular Paco Rabanne

1 Million (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Invictus (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Lady Million (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Paco Rabanne pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Olympéa (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Black XS (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Privé by Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet Man (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Black XS for Her (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Pure XS by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Lucky by Paco Rabanne Invictus Aqua (2016) by Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet by Paco Rabanne XS pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Intense by Paco Rabanne Invictus Aqua (2018) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Cologne by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Absolutely Gold by Paco Rabanne Olympéa Intense by Paco Rabanne Invictus Intense by Paco Rabanne