Invictus 2013Eau de Toilette

Invictus (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne
Bottle Design Cédric Ragot
Invictus (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Paco Rabanne for men and was released in 2013. The scent is synthetic-sweet. It is being marketed by Puig. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesGrapefruit, Marine notes
Heart Notes Heart NotesBay leaf, Jasmine
Base Notes Base NotesGaiac wood, Oakmoss, Patchouli, Ambergris

Submitted by Michael, last update on 21.01.2021.

ScentSlaveScentSlave 8 months ago

„This one gets hated on a lot”

GothicHeartGothicHeart 6 years ago

„Invictus beaten to a pulp...”

Four figures enter the lab. One of them is Dominique Ropion. Dominique Ropion for chrissakes! He has created Ysatis... And Amarige... And Kenzo's Jungles......
Polarizing as fuck
To the fragrance I have a somewhat fancy comparison.
The scent is like a cola, the question is, what are you? At the right one it becomes the WhiskeyCola, to a horny party night, to a feshen Dude, who knows what he wants and still carries the wolf in him. With others again, it becomes the Spezi, in principle quite cool, but Bock you do not have it.
And so is the perception by women. The scent reinforces your appearance. Are you confessed, so the scent will push you. Are you a rag, then the scent will underpin this.
The fragrance is only what for teenagers to young adults, from 30+ I would not recommend this.

The flacon is a matter of taste. For my taste a little too youthful, as if you wanted to impress the FIFA player or the cool football player.
The durability on my skin is very good. Take after 6 hours the fragrance weiterhing well perceived. Even after 12 hours I smell him still on my skin.
The sillage is good and the first four hours very strongly perceptible.

All in all, a stable perfume, which unfolds with the right person only really horny.
Mmm...
Actually, my predecessors have already exploited everything that can be said about this fragrance, but I still feel obliged to say something about it from a female perspective. Precisely because I don't understand all this hatred for the fragrance. But I think it's clear that Invictus is not well received by (not so young) men, whereas (the majority of) women think it's great
Invictus has a dark, "freshly showered" aura. Some good quality men's deodorants also have this touch.
The synthetic-sweet chewing gum note, which stands out shortly afterwards, smells similar to the bubblemint chewing gum from Extra, the one with the pink packaging. You probably know this from your childhood and I personally still love to chew it, simply because it's delicious. You get asked about it more often than when you chew those cheap stinky peppermint gums. And for everyone who might think that Bubblemint doesn't sound/smell "manly" enough or even "childish": on the contrary!
It gives the fragrance this "delicious", attractive note. And it's what most young people go for, I think. I'm one of them ^^
After that the scent is rather linear, certain notes I can't really smell out at the end.

Besides, you don't always have to give yourself these super heavy, spicy, overpriced scents. You get more upset with them than with this one. Sometimes mainstream scents are really nice and refresh the day. I personally prefer them to some expensive TF scents. But you wear them for yourself and stand out from the crowd instead of adapting to it.

Anyway, it should not sound as if Invictus smells only of this chewing gum, it is not like that.
The fragrance is suitable for every occasion. For which age group? Hmm... 15-35 years would be fine. I hate the wrapping, but what can you say? It's more for the young target group :D

Dear men, don't be put off by the commissions and reviews here and test Invictus yourself if you don't know it yet. You will surely recognize him, since he is to be found at every corner. Yes, he has that stigma about him. Yes, the packaging is really ugly :D But yes, he also smells really good and charming!
Best regards,
Roselfi :)
Don't sleep a wink!
...to say it in the language of the target audience. I work in sales and I notice this scent every day. Really every day.

Mostly it is young men who do some quick shopping and then go on a party tour. Young, noisy boys who the girls like and generally want to attract attention.
For years I didn't know which fragrance it was, which I often perceived as such, until I bought it as a present (as a blind buy) for my younger brother, but of course I didn't give it away until I had tested it myself. ;-)

The opening is scratchy, bitter and loud for my nose. The grapefruit (or grapefruit peel, as I have read elsewhere) sticks out, then the maritime scents come and after a short time the jasmine tries to say hello, but is drowned over and over again by the wild grapefruit (peel). After a short time the colleagues come into the shop and let their masculinity run free in the form of patchouli, oakmoss and ambergris. From this point on the scent has something I like and slowly I get into party mood and am about to ask if I can come along, but then suddenly the disillusionment. I can't come at all, because I have to work. I can't just lock the store and reason wins out again. The scent doesn't change anymore, it remains as I perceive it all the time. It doesn't become gentler or milder, which I had hoped for a long time, because the durability is really good, I think.
Good thing I didn't ask to come. To me it would have been too loud anyway and above all too narrow in the party rooms of our surroundings.
And so the boys and girls move away again. Just as loud and conspicuous as they came in and leave me with the feeling that maybe I'm not quite the party type after all.

Long speech, no sense at all: the scent is noticeable, loud and wants to be perceived. So for me it's not an everyday scent, because I'm more of a quiet companion.
I like the fragrance itself and understand very well why it is so well received, but I would not buy it myself.

- Roadrunner
Chewing gum chewing player
It opens with a chewing gum scent - either you love it or hate it. It lasts a whole party night and has a pleasant sillage, even in well-visited places.

Scent would suit Billy from Stranger Things. As much as men hate him, women love him.
The fragrance can certainly get on your nerves, especially in the opening - but when it sits down after half an hour and the overwhelming sweetness fades away, the true player of the fragrance comes out. It doesn't seem obtrusive anymore, but convinces with its freshness and coolness, which actually reminds you of hot summer days at the outdoor swimming pool, as if you lay wet on your towel on the mowed meadow, the sun cream still smells light and from somewhere sweet shisha smoke is going through the air. In this moment you put on your sunglasses, put a piece of chewing gum in your mouth and despite the fact that nobody knows you, you feel like the player.
LagerregaL
A lovers' quarrel through your own fault?

Before I even start, I want to thank this community here. Thanks for the many creative texts that can already sweeten your day. After three years of active surfing on the Parfumo website, I had to create an account.
Now here I am and I don't want to have to renounce to add my mustard to certain scents :D

I dedicate my very first comment to Invictus by Paco Rabanne.
Was it my first perfume? -No.
Is it the best perfume for me? -No.

But why exactly Invictus?
It was about 4 years ago when I first sniffed at the small trophy in a shop. I didn't think much of it except "mhm nice sweet-fresh smell". I was not really familiar with the scents but I liked it very much. A look at the price tag -49,99€ for 50ml. Well, it could be cheaper but you don't treat yourself to anything else. (This sentence will make me poor one day)

The rest of the week went by in no time and the weekend was just beginning. So what does a 22-year-old student do? -right, hit the slopes, hit the clubs. At home with a colleague I had one or two beers before we started It was time to leave. The others are probably waiting.

The performance of Invictus had come. I think we all know the spray routine of the beloved-hated Jeremy. Two sprayers behind the ears, two on the collar and one in the neck.
Immediately the scent enveloped me in a sweetish fresh chewing-gum-like cloud. The first comment came from my colleague. "Joooo you smell mega good today. What is that? Did you buy that new?"
I was more or less used to comments being made about my fragrance, since in my circle of friends only the girls actually wear perfume.

On the way to the club and to the others, Invictus changed little or not at all. Still the chewing gum sweetness, which should still show its magic to the women. And so it was. It was unbelievable how the girls looked for my closeness. This "water" has something very bewitching about it. It went so far that it became directly uncomfortable for me. I was immediately forced to reveal the name of the perfume. "Please Please tell me what it's called. I want my friend to smell the same. I can't get away from you, you smell so good.
Sweet and fruity goes down incredibly well with the general public. At least what my experience shows.

During the first 2-3 hours you can perceive Invictus very well. This is the time when he wants and gets attention. After that it becomes continuously weaker. But that doesn't bother you, because it has already fulfilled its purpose. With the closing time the scent faded away.

Because of the positive feedback I didn't want to do without the wonder weapon during the bar and club visits. I really learned to wear Invictus. If you are a funny and extroverted guy then the scent suits you even better. It just fit me like A
on bucket. The positive feedback just did not stop.

But even this perfect interplay between man and perfume should come to an end. Not because I'm sick of smelling myself. Almost everyone has bought this perfume. Friends, friends-friends, it was a wildfire. Friends who would NEVER even look at a perfume were suddenly wearing Invictus. I had to put my compliment magnet aside with a heavy heart. The relationship was ended by a self-inflicted external influence. Sometimes I wonder if it would have been different if I hadn't told anyone about the fragrance.

Maybe we can learn something from it. You don't always have to share everything good. Sometimes it makes sense to keep certain things to yourself
I apologize in advance for the fact that it has become a longer story, which describes the fragrance in a rather unscented way. But it is very linear in my nose.
Nevertheless I hope that you can understand my motives for this comment. Maybe some memories will come up.
It was my childhood sweetheart, if you like.

ScentSlave
This one gets hated on a lot
But I personally don’t think it’s a bad scent. It’s really LOUD and really sweet, but I’ve liked it for a long time. It wAs just one of those that I would always say “I’ll buy it next time” and then always find something I liked more when the “next time” came along. It IS indeed really, REALLY sweet, to the point of maxing out the tolerance meter.

I finally bought the 2020 “Onyx Limited” when I saw it (the lockdown has left me longing for more scents at home). Apparently, there is a debate about whether or not the Onyx is a “new flanker” or just the same fragrance in a different bottle. After spraying it, I’m kind of torn... it DOES smell ALMOST exactly like the original, BUT it’s a bit lighter on that CrAzY sweetness. The notes ARE the same; it’s just peeled back a pinch. Reformulation maybe? As far as the Aqua 2016 comparisons though? NO WAY... IT “ain't the same ballpark, it ain't the same league, it ain't even the same f**in' sport” -Jules Winnfield, in Pulp Fiction

It’s not for everyone, but it doesn’t deserve the hate it gets. The women that I know like the scent, and that’s the opinion that matters, right? Those you are trying to impress?

The projection radius has been retracted a little (at least in the 2020 Onyx edition) to 3ft, and the sillage trail is definitely still there, it’s just not as loud. That might not be such a bad thing though, right? Longevity somehow holds, despite the scent being lightened. I get about 8hours of wear time, and that’s on the Paco Rabanne scale (not skin scent longevity).

I prefer this one and the Intense version over the Aqua (not the 2016) and Legend. If you know you don’t like sweet scents, then you’d better run from the trophy cup, because THATS the game this line plays. So... love it or hate it, it’s doing what it’s supposed to be doing in that regard.
5.5
Sniffo
A winner looks different...
Invictus is known to many people, even to those who have little to do with perfume. The reason for this is probably the commercial, which presents the winner of the cup as the winner over the audience and the women's world, accompanied by Kanye West music. Well, if that time doesn't meet the spirit of the times So I was also curious about this fragrance and he received, as one of the first slightly more expensive perfumes, move into my commode That was now almost three years ago and I can probably say that my fragrance preferences have changed significantly during this time.

About the fragrance: It begins fresh and citric, and I clearly perceive the grapefruit.
After about an hour, however, this completely gives way and makes room for the typical "bubblegum sweetness" for which the fragrance is known. This also lasts for hours and finally ends in the usual sweet broth, which is the foundation of many synthetic fragrances. All of this comes across as very synthetic, which gives me increasing headaches.

The shelf life is about 7 hours and the sillage should not be underestimated during the first hours.

Basically, it's not a bad smell. For someone who is just starting to get interested in fragrances, or for people who are simply looking for a scent to make a better figure in the club, there are certainly better, but also significantly worse alternatives. However, it has become so common in the last few years that I feel almost strange wearing it. Similar to his brother from the same house, I don't need to name him, he has conquered the bars, clubs and also classrooms. Also some of my work colleagues help themselves to the cup in the morning and take care of my breath with it
Because of its synthetic-sweet character you should wait for cooler days to spray it on, otherwise it can quickly become too much of a good thing. Especially in summer, I personally can't think of any other fragrance that I would like to wear less than Invictus.

In any case, it is more suitable for younger men or boys in a casual look. For everything else it seems too playful, or too uninspired. Also I would not use it every day, but maybe at outdoor events.

For those who are looking for similar DNA, I can only recommend Rasasi Hawas. This one makes things better by combining the stuffy sweetness with aquatic notes. Also the Invictus Aqua is an alternative, although the newer version is not supposed to be as good as the 2016, but I can't judge that.

LG

I used to like him...
At the beginning of my "perfume addiction" I liked this fragrance very much. It was a blind purchase and I had absolutely no idea about perfumes, scent pyramids etc. etc.

I liked the fragrance very much and I used it every day and at all occasions . whether at sports, in the office, for dates or just casual
The scent is definitely very sweet-fresh in the beginning, but later it turns into a synthetic sweetness, which I found very pleasant as an avowed fan of sweet scents, but meanwhile I find unbearable.

You might think "this guy likes Le Male and Cool Water Intense and now he's complaining about this sweetness?"
Yeah... My perfume collection has grown considerably in the last few years and my nose is a little more "trained".
That means: I still like simple fragrances and they can also be synthetic.
But I can't smell Invictus anymore. To me the scent looks "cheap", like a 10€ perfume from the drugstore (although that doesn't necessarily mean anything ;-) ).

I just can't get warm with the smell. There are much better alternatives with a better durability and silage, which I will definitely and always prefer to the Invictus.

It is not a catastrophic scent, just for me meanwhile simply nothing that evokes emotions.
Flavour Fusion
Hello dear community,
i'd like to lose a few lines about a fragrance that has gone to the dogs in all these years: Paco Rabanne's "Invictus". Why is that? He is accused of being too youthful and kitschy, but that's exactly what he wants to be. He does not deny his target group, on the contrary. The bottle alone shows you which audience is the main target group...

What does he smell like anyway? Imagine the following scenario:
Take the sweetest fruit gum you can find (I'm thinking of
Wrigleys Juicy Fruit) and throws it into a glass filled with seawater. Leave it there for a few minutes until the chewing gum has released all its sweetness into the seawater. The fruity-sweet aroma of the chewing gum with the seawater is then tipped onto a freshly washed sheet dried by the coastal air. Et voilà Invictus!

This mix of fruitiness, sweetness, freshness, saltiness makes it so interesting for me and irresistible for many. Especially because it is so well balanced. Every component is so well interwoven and coordinated. Nothing scratches your nose. A bestseller for me, and rightly so! A simple knitted no-trainer. For me an ideal day scent and wearable in every season without hesitation. Invictus comes into play whenever I stand in front of my perfume cabinet, frowning and unable to make up my mind. It is so uncomplicated to wear.

Regarding endurance and intensity, the following can be said: For an eau de toilette, a very good durability and projection. I can do eight hours, easy. They even hit the 10-hour mark on the clothes. Little tip: I wouldn't spray too much either, otherwise it becomes too strong and could annoy your environment. 2 sprayers are more than enough. Less is clearly more with him.

Does it smell synthetic? YES! Complex course ? To be honest, it doesn't have a fragrance progression at all. It is 100% the same from start to finish. Does that make it bad? NO! Everybody has his own taste and that is good! That's what makes us so different I like him, and you may not like him. That's totally okay
MrDomtastic
Sometimes it just has to be "RTL2"
I've done it and I have no regrets. Invictus now belongs in my collection. My first fragrance was Black XS by Paco Rabanne. I associate many positive memories with this fragrance and I think that's why I have become such a sweetie ????. It can't be helped, for me scents can't be sweet enough. Invictus" gives me enough sweetness paired with a perfect symbiosis concerning my self. That thing just looks fantastic on me. Is that why I'm cheap? Or maybe tasteless? What difference does it make? Who doesn't watch Trash Tv on RTL2 from time to time?

Jazzy76Jazzy76 3 days ago
The typical mainstream "blue" scent:pleasant but not original . You pay a lot for a very kitsch trophy-shaped bottle. Good sillage.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
I like the initial grapefruit, although a bit lost in the marine notes. it's fresh and ladies like it but it's way to synthetic for my nose.
PioPio 2 years ago
The king of all generic scents.
Mike1337Mike1337 2 years ago
4.5
Summery neutral light. Similar to many others
ElqwertyElqwerty 2 years ago
5.5
Not a big fan of this. The only reason why I wore this was because my girlfriend loved the smell.
KLewisKLewis 2 years ago
Sweet bubblegum, good compliment getter.
FirasmalanzyFirasmalanzy 2 years ago
I tried a sample of this perfume, it have a very synthetic opening, sweet and aquatic, smell good but not for me because the synthetic open.

by Entenradio
by Megamare2020
by Miaw2
by Miaw2
by Chnokfir
Geburtstagsgeschenk im Vordergrund und Valentinstagsgeschenk im Hintergrund ;)
by Pandabanda
by YKem
by Thecombad
by Thecombad

Popular Paco Rabanne

1 Million Privé by Paco Rabanne La Nuit (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Lucky by Paco Rabanne Ténéré (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Paco Rabanne pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Mētāl (Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Calandre (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Olympēa Intense by Paco Rabanne Olympēa Legend by Paco Rabanne Olympēa (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Absolutely Gold by Paco Rabanne La Nuit (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Calandre (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet Man (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Invictus Aqua (2016) by Paco Rabanne Invictus Aqua (2018) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Parfum by Paco Rabanne XS pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Olympēa Aqua (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Black XS for Her (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne