Invictus (2013) Eau de Toilette

Invictus (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne
Bottle Design: Cédric Ragot

Invictus (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Paco Rabanne for men and was released in 2013. The scent is synthetic-sweet. It is being marketed by Puig.

Top Notes Top NotesGrapefruit, Marine notes
Heart Notes Heart NotesBay leaf, Jasmine
Base Notes Base NotesGaiac wood, Oakmoss, Patchouli, Ambergris

Submitted by Michael, last update on 08.11.2019

8.0/10

MrDomtastic
Sometimes it just has to be "RTL2"
I've done it and I have no regrets. Invictus now belongs in my collection. My first fragrance was Black XS by Paco Rabanne. I associate many positive memories with this fragrance and I think that's why I have become such a sweetie ????. It can't be helped, for me scents can't be sweet enough. Invictus" gives me enough sweetness paired with a perfect symbiosis concerning my self. That thing just looks fantastic on me. Is that why I'm cheap? Or maybe tasteless? What difference does it make? Who doesn't watch Trash Tv on RTL2 from time to time?
3.0 8.0 8.0 5.0/10

THE bad buy
Ne... really not! Not only do I find the flacon of the fragrance ridiculous, I also simply don't like the fragrance at all.
But Invictus has one advantage for me personally: I bought it because I hadn't worn a perfume for a long time, and I wanted to have a fragrance again.
At that time I had no experience at all and after a short consultation I thought to myself in a perfumery shop: "Yes, nobody has to see the flacon, it's in the living room chest of drawers anyway". But applied for the second time (this time at home and not in the shop), I was really taken aback by this very chemically sweet smell, which is supposed to be fresh but doesn't make it because of the crass sweetness and the artificial note. I felt like a twelve-year-old who absolutely must stand out...
Anyway, after this purchase I started to get more excited about fragrances than I thought and so I slipped deeper into the matter.
So thanks for Invictus, but I won't carry you anyway :D
4.0 5.0 6.0 4.5/10

BIGBen
What was that that got me?
My story with the fragrance is short: I wanted to buy a new fragrance and it was available at Douglas. After the short test I was quite impressed and took it spontaneously with me.
However, in retrospect I perceived the scent quite differently. I find it relatively neutral. It smells fresh, showery and nothing particularly interesting, but also not grotty or disgusting. It just doesn't arouse any big feelings in me and I have somehow developed a slight aversion against the nevertheless very strong syntetic component.
Anyway, I keep wondering why I actually bought it. I wear it now almost only on the work, but perhaps also because of that the slight dislike has developed, because I always associate with it only work. ;)

Conclusion: The fragrance is very unspectacular and quite meaningless. I will certainly not buy it again and everything I go in a similar direction I will rather spurn in the future. But there are certainly exceptions.
4.0 6.0 6.0 6.5/10

Sequoia
"Impenetrable? Well, if you say so..."
she said mockingly and twisted her eyes. Then she turned around and left the room.

What was this guy thinking? With a tight-fitting shirt and Ronaldo hairstyle he turned the macho around, brought out sayings that women could only find embarrassing and found himself casual at the same time.

"Sorry," she thought with a sarcastic smile, "you're neither Superman nor Hercules... not even James Bond." But inside she had to admit to herself that all this superimposed fuss was somehow sweet, even though that was certainly not what he wanted.

I don't know how my husband got the sample of Invictus. Anyway, the scent lies quite far outside his baggage scheme... and I'm glad I did. I can't say that I don't like the smell. From my point of view, however, neither name nor marketing fit.

At first the scent is fresh on me, slightly citric, a bit maritime. Then it turns into woody-sweet, but still remains fresh and discreet. Pleasant, but unagitated. Clean, sporty, casual. Nothing to rub it with. After half an hour, it is even relatively close to the body, but then loosely lasts half a day.

For an invincible superhero I lack the spice, for a superagent the elegance and for an invincible sports star it could be fresher. If invincible, it's more like a university rowing team than a superhero.

For myself, I will gladly steal the sample. As a signed scent for a man? Shania Twain's the only person I can think of. "That don't impress me much."
10.0 9.0 8.0 9.5/10

ThoYv
In my opinion, the best perfume at the moment
Invictus by Paco Rabanne is in my opinion the best perfume with the classic One Million by Paco Rabanne. The fragrance is very fresh and slightly sweetish in any case a fragrance you must at least have tested.
7.0 7.0 8.0 10.0/10

Sk95
One that will (probably) always be part of it
One of the first perfumes I ever bought. It was October 2013 when I smelled this fragrance for the first time. I was immediately blown away and shortly afterwards happily received it as a present from my father, as I often came home with my wrists sprayed full. By the way, this is not an analysis of the scent, but only my subjective opinion.

Ingredients? Quality of these? Things I didn't care about. I really fell in love with this fragrance because I had a hard time finding something that really knocked me down. Some were too aquatic for me (like shower gels), others were too bitter and others too sweet. Invictus has something of everything I find. Of course one perceives sweetness superficially, but by bringing a certain freshness and spice with him, he does not seem so overwhelming to me. I love that I can wear it (well dosed) at any time and season, which is why I associate so much with it. I started wearing it when I was 18 and I still like to wear it when I'm 24. It reminds me of many moments of my I call it "growing up", has become "my" fragrance and I have almost always got only positive feedback to him.
Every now and then I think of having a trophy in my cupboard, the content of which is supposed to be "invincible" or "unconquered", is a bit kitschy, but it also has something cool.

Invictus was and still is my companion, although not so often anymore, because my fragrance collection no longer consists of only two or three fragrances. But when I then spray it on, I immediately feel like I'm back to the "beginnings" with it, as you probably have with any fragrance with which you associate a lot.

And no, with mid 20 I don't feel too old for him yet, let's see how I feel with 30 about it
i think.
In the meantime I already emptied 4 bottles, the last one will probably last until the end of summer.
Am I gonna get it back? - maybe
Will I ever be over him? - on no account
7.0 6.0 7.0 7.0/10

Golcher
Awful fragrance? Not a chance!
These days it's fashionable to hate on the Invictus and the 1 Millions of the world. It's easy to hate them because they became too popular, because every 'average joe' has it even if they don't belong to the fragrance community but I don't think it's fair to punish a fragrance for its own success.

Invictus was quite a staple when it came out, eventually most houses created something around what these popular fragrances built and they even improved but this doesn't take way from such scents.

I really loved Invictus when it first came out, even now adays I consider it an amazing scent even though I hardly wear it anymore. I still have 30% of that first bottle and I'm glad I do.

I rated this 8/10 because that's the rating I gave when I first bought it, perhaps my current rating is 7, still a solid frag
7.0 8.0 8.0 7.0/10

KLewis
Despite the hate, I quite like it.
Sweet, slightly fresh and woody fragrance that was definitely made for the teens.

The fragrance opens up with a sweet yet fresh bubble gum vibe and drys down to a sweet, woody vibe but still maintaining that bubble gum. This was a good compliment getter, many of my female friends and co-workers liked this one. This is a great fragrance for young adults, it has good projection and longevity, it got me through a solid 8 hours.

I rather liked the fragrance myself, despite all the hate for it, I would happily wear this fragrance in the right situations. It's not the best fragrance I've tried but it does has a lot more going for it than some people are willing to admit. I'm a believer in if you like something, go for it, don't worry too much about what other people think.
5.0 5.0 3.0/10

GothicHeart
Invictus beaten to a pulp...
Four figures enter the lab. One of them is Dominique Ropion. Dominique Ropion for chrissakes! He has created Ysatis... And Amarige... And Kenzo's Jungles... And Krazy Krizia...
He's surrounded by three other perfumers. They have not created anything near as legendary, partially because they're younger, but since they were chosen by the master, it can't be, they must be of some considerable worth and potential.
The perfume world is holding its breath.
And after what seems to be a strenuous effort in taming the extracts, the resins and the oils, an effort from which nothing less than a masterpiece should be expected, they give us...Invictus.
...
Really guys? No, I'm serious, really? Did this storm in a teacup really require the combined efforts of four to create it?
It's not a horrendous fragrance per se, but come on! I could make a better scent in an afternoon.
"But... But this marvellous blast of marine notes topped with delicious grapefruit and crowned with laurel..."
Yeah, right...
Believe me, I know of marine notes, I'm from Greece. These are not marine notes. This is a chemical mess! Not a single person who lives by the sea would perceive this cacophony as "marine".
And if the laurel was a hint about its ancient use of wreathing champions with it, it's unfortunately only the grapefruit's bitterness that leaves its aftertaste in the end. And I don't mean in olfactory terms...
And Invictus? For reals? Who were its opponents during its struggle to the title? Nothingness and complete incompetence? It wouldn't last a single round against any of the dudes of Paco Rabanne's glorious past. And I don't mean 1 Million, cause it wouldn't stand a chance against it either.
As for its bottle, unless it's a joke, it's kitsch redefined. It reminds me of something "Made in an Asian sweatshop" that could be found in a souvenir shop with "You are the champ!" written on it. Or a promotional table lighter on the desk of an underground car repair shop. Made in an Asian sweatshop as well.
Oh wait! Wasn't it Avon that paved the way for funny looking bottles? At least Avon bottles achieved a certain cult status over time, while this bloody poseur seems to really expect us to be stunned by its gravitas right from the start.
And to add insult to injury, three out of four noses did the same with Burberry's Brit Rhythm, another benchmark of mediocrity and "forgotten in a heartbeat" quality. In the same year! The whole thing reminds me of some travelling sideshow, blaring about the wonders you'll behold by entering its tent, but all you'll see by doing so, are some miserable fake monsters made of plaster and badly painted. I guess Veronique Nyberg had some dignity left, and jumped off the caravan before its downward spiral hit the bottom...
The only positive thing about it, is that it spares me the chore of writing a review for Burberry's Brit Rhythm (what an "inspired" name!), cause by simply reversing the names and subtracting Veronique Nyberg from this unholy equation, there, you have it already!

P.S.: I'm sure that some younger readers will go livid on me, but I'm afraid I can't stress enough how someone who has smelled Paco Rabanne pour Homme and Ténéré in their heyday feels about today's releases...
10.0 7.5 7.5 3.0/10

Should Have Been Called Vindictus
I sampled this one at Nordstrom today. Initially, I was underwhelmed with the top notes and the synthetic, too sweet jasmine. Within 30 minutes this had changed from something I don't like to a scrubber fragrance from hell. Sweet, cloying, and vile to my nose. I will credit it with tenacity, because it took one heck of a scrub to get it off my arm.

If you like it, you should get great sillage and longevity with this, I will grant it that. Not recommended for a blind buy.

Carlitos01 128 days ago
I like the initial grapefruit, although a bit lost in the marine notes. it's fresh and ladies like it but it's way to synthetic for my nose.+3
5.0
Pio 7 months ago
The king of all generic scents.+1
9.0
Mike1337 12 months ago
Summery neutral light. Similar to many others+1
4.5
Elqwerty 13 months ago
Not a big fan of this. The only reason why I wore this was because my girlfriend loved the smell.+2
5.5
KLewis 15 months ago
Sweet bubblegum, good compliment getter.+1
Firasmalanzy 15 months ago
I tried a sample of this perfume, it have a very synthetic opening, sweet and aquatic, smell good but not for me because the synthetic open.+2

by Entenradio
by Andreas09
by Miaw2
by Miaw2
by Chnokfir
Geburtstagsgeschenk im Vordergrund und Valentinstagsgeschenk im Hintergrund ;)
by Pandabanda
by YKem
by Thecombad
by Thecombad

Popular Paco Rabanne

1 Million (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Invictus (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Lady Million (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Paco Rabanne pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Olympéa (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Black XS (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Privé by Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet Man (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Black XS for Her (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Pure XS by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Lucky by Paco Rabanne Invictus Aqua (2016) by Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet by Paco Rabanne XS pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Intense by Paco Rabanne Invictus Aqua (2018) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Cologne by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Absolutely Gold by Paco Rabanne Olympéa Intense by Paco Rabanne Invictus Intense by Paco Rabanne