Invictus (2013)Eau de Toilette

Invictus (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne
Bottle Design Cédric Ragot

Invictus (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Paco Rabanne for men and was released in 2013. The scent is synthetic-sweet. It is being marketed by Puig.

Top Notes Top NotesGrapefruit, Marine notes
Heart Notes Heart NotesBay leaf, Jasmine
Base Notes Base NotesGaiac wood, Oakmoss, Patchouli, Ambergris

Submitted by Michael, last update on 05.06.2020.

ScentSlaveScentSlave 17 days ago

„This one gets hated on a lot”

GothicHeartGothicHeart 6 years ago

„Invictus beaten to a pulp...”

Four figures enter the lab. One of them is Dominique Ropion. Dominique Ropion for chrissakes! He has created Ysatis... And Amarige... And Kenzo's Jungles......

ScentSlave
This one gets hated on a lot
But I personally don’t think it’s a bad scent. It’s really LOUD and really sweet, but I’ve liked it for a long time. It wAs just one of those that I would always say “I’ll buy it next time” and then always find something I liked more when the “next time” came along. It IS indeed really, REALLY sweet, to the point of maxing out the tolerance meter.

I finally bought the 2020 “Onyx Limited” when I saw it (the lockdown has left me longing for more scents at home). Apparently, there is a debate about whether or not the Onyx is a “new flanker” or just the same fragrance in a different bottle. After spraying it, I’m kind of torn... it DOES smell ALMOST exactly like the original, BUT it’s a bit lighter on that CrAzY sweetness. The notes ARE the same; it’s just peeled back a pinch. Reformulation maybe? As far as the Aqua 2016 comparisons though? NO WAY... IT “ain't the same ballpark, it ain't the same league, it ain't even the same f**in' sport” -Jules Winnfield, in Pulp Fiction

It’s not for everyone, but it doesn’t deserve the hate it gets. The women that I know like the scent, and that’s the opinion that matters, right? Those you are trying to impress?

The projection radius has been retracted a little (at least in the 2020 Onyx edition) to 3ft, and the sillage trail is definitely still there, it’s just not as loud. That might not be such a bad thing though, right? Longevity somehow holds, despite the scent being lightened. I get about 8hours of wear time, and that’s on the Paco Rabanne scale (not skin scent longevity).

I prefer this one and the Intense version over the Aqua (not the 2016) and Legend. If you know you don’t like sweet scents, then you’d better run from the trophy cup, because THATS the game this line plays. So... love it or hate it, it’s doing what it’s supposed to be doing in that regard.
5.5
Sniffo
A winner looks different...
Invictus is known to many people, even to those who have little to do with perfume. The reason for this is probably the commercial, which presents the winner of the cup as the winner over the audience and the women's world, accompanied by Kanye West music. Well, if that time doesn't meet the spirit of the times So I was also curious about this fragrance and he received, as one of the first slightly more expensive perfumes, move into my commode That was now almost three years ago and I can probably say that my fragrance preferences have changed significantly during this time.

About the fragrance: It begins fresh and citric, and I clearly perceive the grapefruit.
After about an hour, however, this completely gives way and makes room for the typical "bubblegum sweetness" for which the fragrance is known. This also lasts for hours and finally ends in the usual sweet broth, which is the foundation of many synthetic fragrances. All of this comes across as very synthetic, which gives me increasing headaches.

The shelf life is about 7 hours and the sillage should not be underestimated during the first hours.

Basically, it's not a bad smell. For someone who is just starting to get interested in fragrances, or for people who are simply looking for a scent to make a better figure in the club, there are certainly better, but also significantly worse alternatives. However, it has become so common in the last few years that I feel almost strange wearing it. Similar to his brother from the same house, I don't need to name him, he has conquered the bars, clubs and also classrooms. Also some of my work colleagues help themselves to the cup in the morning and take care of my breath with it
Because of its synthetic-sweet character you should wait for cooler days to spray it on, otherwise it can quickly become too much of a good thing. Especially in summer, I personally can't think of any other fragrance that I would like to wear less than Invictus.

In any case, it is more suitable for younger men or boys in a casual look. For everything else it seems too playful, or too uninspired. Also I would not use it every day, but maybe at outdoor events.

For those who are looking for similar DNA, I can only recommend Rasasi Hawas. This one makes things better by combining the stuffy sweetness with aquatic notes. Also the Invictus Aqua is an alternative, although the newer version is not supposed to be as good as the 2016, but I can't judge that.

LG

I used to like him...
At the beginning of my "perfume addiction" I liked this fragrance very much. It was a blind purchase and I had absolutely no idea about perfumes, scent pyramids etc. etc.

I liked the fragrance very much and I used it every day and at all occasions . whether at sports, in the office, for dates or just casual
The scent is definitely very sweet-fresh in the beginning, but later it turns into a synthetic sweetness, which I found very pleasant as an avowed fan of sweet scents, but meanwhile I find unbearable.

You might think "this guy likes Le Male and Cool Water Intense and now he's complaining about this sweetness?"
Yeah... My perfume collection has grown considerably in the last few years and my nose is a little more "trained".
That means: I still like simple fragrances and they can also be synthetic.
But I can't smell Invictus anymore. To me the scent looks "cheap", like a 10€ perfume from the drugstore (although that doesn't necessarily mean anything ;-) ).

I just can't get warm with the smell. There are much better alternatives with a better durability and silage, which I will definitely and always prefer to the Invictus.

It is not a catastrophic scent, just for me meanwhile simply nothing that evokes emotions.
Flavour Fusion
Hello dear community,
i'd like to lose a few lines about a fragrance that has gone to the dogs in all these years: Paco Rabanne's "Invictus". Why is that? He is accused of being too youthful and kitschy, but that's exactly what he wants to be. He does not deny his target group, on the contrary. The bottle alone shows you which audience is the main target group...

What does he smell like anyway? Imagine the following scenario:
Take the sweetest fruit gum you can find (I'm thinking of
Wrigleys Juicy Fruit) and throws it into a glass filled with seawater. Leave it there for a few minutes until the chewing gum has released all its sweetness into the seawater. The fruity-sweet aroma of the chewing gum with the seawater is then tipped onto a freshly washed sheet dried by the coastal air. Et voilà Invictus!

This mix of fruitiness, sweetness, freshness, saltiness makes it so interesting for me and irresistible for many. Especially because it is so well balanced. Every component is so well interwoven and coordinated. Nothing scratches your nose. A bestseller for me, and rightly so! A simple knitted no-trainer. For me an ideal day scent and wearable in every season without hesitation. Invictus comes into play whenever I stand in front of my perfume cabinet, frowning and unable to make up my mind. It is so uncomplicated to wear.

Regarding endurance and intensity, the following can be said: For an eau de toilette, a very good durability and projection. I can do eight hours, easy. They even hit the 10-hour mark on the clothes. Little tip: I wouldn't spray too much either, otherwise it becomes too strong and could annoy your environment. 2 sprayers are more than enough. Less is clearly more with him.

Does it smell synthetic? YES! Complex course ? To be honest, it doesn't have a fragrance progression at all. It is 100% the same from start to finish. Does that make it bad? NO! Everybody has his own taste and that is good! That's what makes us so different I like him, and you may not like him. That's totally okay
MrDomtastic
Sometimes it just has to be "RTL2"
I've done it and I have no regrets. Invictus now belongs in my collection. My first fragrance was Black XS by Paco Rabanne. I associate many positive memories with this fragrance and I think that's why I have become such a sweetie ????. It can't be helped, for me scents can't be sweet enough. Invictus" gives me enough sweetness paired with a perfect symbiosis concerning my self. That thing just looks fantastic on me. Is that why I'm cheap? Or maybe tasteless? What difference does it make? Who doesn't watch Trash Tv on RTL2 from time to time?
THE bad buy
Ne... really not! Not only do I find the flacon of the fragrance ridiculous, I also simply don't like the fragrance at all.
But Invictus has one advantage for me personally: I bought it because I hadn't worn a perfume for a long time, and I wanted to have a fragrance again.
At that time I had no experience at all and after a short consultation I thought to myself in a perfumery shop: "Yes, nobody has to see the flacon, it's in the living room chest of drawers anyway". But applied for the second time (this time at home and not in the shop), I was really taken aback by this very chemically sweet smell, which is supposed to be fresh but doesn't make it because of the crass sweetness and the artificial note. I felt like a twelve-year-old who absolutely must stand out...
Anyway, after this purchase I started to get more excited about fragrances than I thought and so I slipped deeper into the matter.
So thanks for Invictus, but I won't carry you anyway :D
BIGBen
What was that that got me?
My story with the fragrance is short: I wanted to buy a new fragrance and it was available at Douglas. After the short test I was quite impressed and took it spontaneously with me.
However, in retrospect I perceived the scent quite differently. I find it relatively neutral. It smells fresh, showery and nothing particularly interesting, but also not grotty or disgusting. It just doesn't arouse any big feelings in me and I have somehow developed a slight aversion against the nevertheless very strong syntetic component.
Anyway, I keep wondering why I actually bought it. I wear it now almost only on the work, but perhaps also because of that the slight dislike has developed, because I always associate with it only work. ;)

Conclusion: The fragrance is very unspectacular and quite meaningless. I will certainly not buy it again and everything I go in a similar direction I will rather spurn in the future. But there are certainly exceptions.
Sequoia
"Impenetrable? Well, if you say so..."
she said mockingly and twisted her eyes. Then she turned around and left the room.

What was this guy thinking? With a tight-fitting shirt and Ronaldo hairstyle he turned the macho around, brought out sayings that women could only find embarrassing and found himself casual at the same time.

"Sorry," she thought with a sarcastic smile, "you're neither Superman nor Hercules... not even James Bond." But inside she had to admit to herself that all this superimposed fuss was somehow sweet, even though that was certainly not what he wanted.

I don't know how my husband got the sample of Invictus. Anyway, the scent lies quite far outside his baggage scheme... and I'm glad I did. I can't say that I don't like the smell. From my point of view, however, neither name nor marketing fit.

At first the scent is fresh on me, slightly citric, a bit maritime. Then it turns into woody-sweet, but still remains fresh and discreet. Pleasant, but unagitated. Clean, sporty, casual. Nothing to rub it with. After half an hour, it is even relatively close to the body, but then loosely lasts half a day.

For an invincible superhero I lack the spice, for a superagent the elegance and for an invincible sports star it could be fresher. If invincible, it's more like a university rowing team than a superhero.

For myself, I will gladly steal the sample. As a signed scent for a man? Shania Twain's the only person I can think of. "That don't impress me much."
ThoYv
In my opinion, the best perfume at the moment
Invictus by Paco Rabanne is in my opinion the best perfume with the classic One Million by Paco Rabanne. The fragrance is very fresh and slightly sweetish in any case a fragrance you must at least have tested.
Sk95
One that will (probably) always be part of it
One of the first perfumes I ever bought. It was October 2013 when I smelled this fragrance for the first time. I was immediately blown away and shortly afterwards happily received it as a present from my father, as I often came home with my wrists sprayed full. By the way, this is not an analysis of the scent, but only my subjective opinion.

Ingredients? Quality of these? Things I didn't care about. I really fell in love with this fragrance because I had a hard time finding something that really knocked me down. Some were too aquatic for me (like shower gels), others were too bitter and others too sweet. Invictus has something of everything I find. Of course one perceives sweetness superficially, but by bringing a certain freshness and spice with him, he does not seem so overwhelming to me. I love that I can wear it (well dosed) at any time and season, which is why I associate so much with it. I started wearing it when I was 18 and I still like to wear it when I'm 24. It reminds me of many moments of my I call it "growing up", has become "my" fragrance and I have almost always got only positive feedback to him.
Every now and then I think of having a trophy in my cupboard, the content of which is supposed to be "invincible" or "unconquered", is a bit kitschy, but it also has something cool.

Invictus was and still is my companion, although not so often anymore, because my fragrance collection no longer consists of only two or three fragrances. But when I then spray it on, I immediately feel like I'm back to the "beginnings" with it, as you probably have with any fragrance with which you associate a lot.

And no, with mid 20 I don't feel too old for him yet, let's see how I feel with 30 about it
i think.
In the meantime I already emptied 4 bottles, the last one will probably last until the end of summer.
Am I gonna get it back? - maybe
Will I ever be over him? - on no account

Carlitos01Carlitos01 11 months ago
I like the initial grapefruit, although a bit lost in the marine notes. it's fresh and ladies like it but it's way to synthetic for my nose.
PioPio 14 months ago
The king of all generic scents.
Mike1337Mike1337 19 months ago
4.5
Summery neutral light. Similar to many others
ElqwertyElqwerty 20 months ago
5.5
Not a big fan of this. The only reason why I wore this was because my girlfriend loved the smell.
KLewisKLewis 22 months ago
Sweet bubblegum, good compliment getter.
FirasmalanzyFirasmalanzy 22 months ago
I tried a sample of this perfume, it have a very synthetic opening, sweet and aquatic, smell good but not for me because the synthetic open.

by Entenradio
by Andreas09
by Miaw2
by Miaw2
by Chnokfir
Geburtstagsgeschenk im Vordergrund und Valentinstagsgeschenk im Hintergrund ;)
by Pandabanda
by YKem
by Thecombad
by Thecombad

Popular Paco Rabanne

Ténéré (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne La Nuit (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Lucky by Paco Rabanne Paco Rabanne pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Calandre (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Privé by Paco Rabanne Mētāl (Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Olympēa Intense by Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet Man (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Absolutely Gold by Paco Rabanne Sport de Paco Rabanne / Eau de Sport by Paco Rabanne Calandre (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Olympēa Legend by Paco Rabanne Invictus Aqua (2018) by Paco Rabanne Olympēa (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Invictus Aqua (2016) by Paco Rabanne Olympēa Aqua (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Black XS for Her (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne La Nuit (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne XS pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne