Invictus (2013) Eau de Toilette

Invictus (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne
Bottle Design: Cédric Ragot
Invictus (Eau de Toilette) (Paco Rabanne)
Invictus (Eau de Toilette) (Paco Rabanne)

Invictus (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Paco Rabanne for men and was released in 2013. The scent is synthetic-sweet. It is being marketed by Puig.

Top Notes Top NotesGrapefruit, Marine notes
Heart Notes Heart NotesBay leaf, Jasmine
Base Notes Base NotesGaiac wood, Oakmoss, Patchouli, Ambergris

Submitted by Michael, last update on 14.01.2019

Bottle 7.0/10 Sillage 8.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Scent 7.0/10
Despite the hate, I quite like it.
Sweet, slightly fresh and woody fragrance that was definitely made for the teens.

The fragrance opens up with a sweet yet fresh bubble gum vibe and drys down to a sweet, woody vibe but still maintaining that bubble gum. This was a good compliment getter, many of my female friends and co-workers liked this one. This is a great fragrance for young adults, it has good projection and longevity, it got me through a solid 8 hours.

I rather liked the fragrance myself, despite all the hate for it, I would happily wear this fragrance in the right situations. It's not the best fragrance I've tried but it does has a lot more going for it than some people are willing to admit. I'm a believer in if you like something, go for it, don't worry too much about what other people think.
Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 3.0/10
Invictus beaten to a pulp...
Four figures enter the lab. One of them is Dominique Ropion. Dominique Ropion for chrissakes! He has created Ysatis... And Amarige... And Kenzo's Jungles... And Krazy Krizia...
He's surrounded by three other perfumers. They have not created anything near as legendary, partially because they're younger, but since they were chosen by the master, it can't be, they must be of some considerable worth and potential.
The perfume world is holding its breath.
And after what seems to be a strenuous effort in taming the extracts, the resins and the oils, an effort from which nothing less than a masterpiece should be expected, they give us...Invictus.
...
Really guys? No, I'm serious, really? Did this storm in a teacup really require the combined efforts of four to create it?
It's not a horrendous fragrance per se, but come on! I could make a better scent in an afternoon.
"But... But this marvellous blast of marine notes topped with delicious grapefruit and crowned with laurel..."
Yeah, right...
Believe me, I know of marine notes, I'm from Greece. These are not marine notes. This is a chemical mess! Not a single person who lives by the sea would perceive this cacophony as "marine".
And if the laurel was a hint about its ancient use of wreathing champions with it, it's unfortunately only the grapefruit's bitterness that leaves its aftertaste in the end. And I don't mean in olfactory terms...
And Invictus? For reals? Who were its opponents during its struggle to the title? Nothingness and complete incompetence? It wouldn't last a single round against any of the dudes of Paco Rabanne's glorious past. And I don't mean 1 Million, cause it wouldn't stand a chance against it either.
As for its bottle, unless it's a joke, it's kitsch redefined. It reminds me of something "Made in an Asian sweatshop" that could be found in a souvenir shop with "You are the champ!" written on it. Or a promotional table lighter on the desk of an underground car repair shop. Made in an Asian sweatshop as well.
Oh wait! Wasn't it Avon that paved the way for funny looking bottles? At least Avon bottles achieved a certain cult status over time, while this bloody poseur seems to really expect us to be stunned by its gravitas right from the start.
And to add insult to injury, three out of four noses did the same with Burberry's Brit Rhythm, another benchmark of mediocrity and "forgotten in a heartbeat" quality. In the same year! The whole thing reminds me of some travelling sideshow, blaring about the wonders you'll behold by entering its tent, but all you'll see by doing so, are some miserable fake monsters made of plaster and badly painted. I guess Veronique Nyberg had some dignity left, and jumped off the caravan before its downward spiral hit the bottom...
The only positive thing about it, is that it spares me the chore of writing a review for Burberry's Brit Rhythm (what an "inspired" name!), cause by simply reversing the names and subtracting Veronique Nyberg from this unholy equation, there, you have it already!

P.S.: I'm sure that some younger readers will go livid on me, but I'm afraid I can't stress enough how someone who has smelled Paco Rabanne pour Homme and Ténéré in their heyday feels about today's releases...
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 3.0/10
Should Have Been Called Vindictus
I sampled this one at Nordstrom today. Initially, I was underwhelmed with the top notes and the synthetic, too sweet jasmine. Within 30 minutes this had changed from something I don't like to a scrubber fragrance from hell. Sweet, cloying, and vile to my nose. I will credit it with tenacity, because it took one heck of a scrub to get it off my arm.

If you like it, you should get great sillage and longevity with this, I will grant it that. Not recommended for a blind buy.

Mike1337 73 days ago
Summery neutral light. Similar to many others+1
Scent 4.5
Elqwerty 86 days ago
Not a big fan of this. The only reason why I wore this was because my girlfriend loved the smell.+2
Bottle 7.0
Sillage 8.0
Longevity 8.0
Scent 7.0
Firasmalanzy 157 days ago
I tried a sample of this perfume, it have a very synthetic opening, sweet and aquatic, smell good but not for me because the synthetic open.+2

• by Ohoxox by Ohoxox
  • by AromaX by AromaX
  • by Andreas09 by Andreas09
  • by Golcher by Golcher
  • by Miaw2 by Miaw2
  • by Magdulenka by Magdulenka
  • Geburtstagsgeschenk im Vordergrund und Valentinstagsgeschenk im Hintergrund ;) by Pandabanda
  • by ExUser by ExUser
  • by YKem by YKem
  • by Thecombad by Thecombad
  • by Leimbacher by Leimbacher

Popular Paco Rabanne

1 Million (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Invictus (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Lady Million (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Paco Rabanne pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Olympéa (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Black XS (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet Man (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Black XS for Her (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Privé by Paco Rabanne Pure XS by Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Intense by Paco Rabanne Invictus Aqua (2016) by Paco Rabanne XS pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Absolutely Gold by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Cologne by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Lucky by Paco Rabanne Olympéa Intense by Paco Rabanne Calandre (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Invictus Aqua (2018) by Paco Rabanne