Invictus 2013 Eau de Toilette

Invictus (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne
Bottle Design Cédric Ragot
Invictus (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Paco Rabanne for men and was released in 2013. The scent is synthetic-sweet. It is being marketed by Puig. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesGrapefruitGrapefruit
Marine notesMarine notes
Heart Notes Heart NotesBay leafBay leaf
JasmineJasmine
Base Notes Base NotesGaiac woodGaiac wood
OakmossOakmoss
PatchouliPatchouli
AmbergrisAmbergris

Submitted by Michael, last update on 15.01.2022.

5.5
Aidendean
Young man bubble gum scent
The scent is considered a bubble gum scent for a reason, it actually goes in that direction. The scent itself isn't bad, but it doesn't knock your socks off, which is important for me. Also, Invictus gave me a headache at first, which of course makes the scent worse.

Many recommend Hawas, this one I will also try in the future and am curious to see how it unfolds.
4.5
Badh3ad
The smell for winners, then
Invictus by Paco Rabanne is supposed to be a fragrance for winners.
A man whom all envy, because of his accomplished successes.
Dem an appropriate and also appealing charisma surrounds.
An icon in his being, who also pretends to a certain sexyness, thus almost presenting a kind of dream image for womankind.

When spraying on the winner, this begins with a fresh zitrik, which comes almost already stabbing daherkommt.
This is due to the grapefruit, pretty quickly this evaporates and it is quite quickly aquatic (the association to salty seawater is quite given) notes.
Overall, with a lot of synthetic admixtures.
In the dry down it becomes quite quickly sweetish with a light bright jasmine appearance.
A light woody amber accord subsequently sets in and fades out with a light woody and minimal patchouli aura.

Flacon: massive referring to presence -- handling heavy in its form -- atomizer quite saturated -- qualitatively rather average with the many plastic ornamentation in the upper part

Durability: I must definitely adjust something upwards -- 6-9h are definitely in

Sillage: initially present and by the strongly pronounced sweetness, concisely radiating -- quickly flattens

Conclusion: definitely suitable for everyday use -- for the workplace, leisure, sports and to celebrate just the same -- primarily recommended for the younger clientele

But as always allowed is what pleases.

Versatile citrus / marine
This was the first original cologne that i got. It was one of my first loves since i first smelled it in 2015 and had a clone of it, i wore it as an after shave and for "Quince años" parties here in Mexico (The equivalent to "Sweet 16's" in the US) and i recall it from those situations. Then my father got the original fragrance for me.

The scent starts with a pretty nice grapefruit and a marine "brightness", pretty recognizable of this fragrance. (Yes, it is synthetic as well, but i think it's nice.) Then it has a bayleaf (Symbol of victory) and jasmine heart, this last note to my nose has a slight animalic tone which reminds me of an "intimate" female aroma. Pretty weird, but the jasmine does actually have an animalic edge to it, since it has a nuance of it similar to the smell of civet. In the base we've got a pretty present ambroxan which just adds to the marine touches, some nice gaiacwood, and very nuanced patchouli and oakmoss. Overall i find it to be a nice versatile scent, could be worn to the club, on a date in summer or stuff, even to the university or school. It has a very present sweetness but i find this character of it to not be choking, at least not as much as other sweet fragrances, those being heavy on tonka and vanilla notes.
Sporty bubble gum scent
Of course, by now it's more than well known, more than hackneyed, and certainly hardly the right choice if you want to display some individuality.

Nevertheless, one should remain fair at this point and say that he is indeed not a bad fragrance. He just has something. He is somehow a bundle of energy, extroverted, in a good mood, always at your service. In my opinion, a good party fragrance, with appropriate sweetness and lively kick. In addition, he is in a way sporty and youthful.

Unfortunately, he is now just casual. Somehow the classic sweatpants Wellensteyn jackets fragrance. More there is then also actually not to say. But as I said, a quite solid fragrance, a fad that is now out of fashion.
Self-confident, masculine, simply great
today I have times desire to write about a männerduft. Even I do not use, but give away these all the better. Accordingly, the perfume shelf of my friend is overflowing.
First ne small prehistory
On our first date, where we also came together and which is also a little crazy, we looked at Galeria Kaufhof. I was namely of the opinion that he might like Invictus and fits him in some way. In addition, I found the fragrance itself pretty nice, but of course not on me *wink*
and apparently I hit the mark. I'd still think the scent was great if I hadn't gotten sick of it. My sweetheart practically showers in it when he wears it, which happens at least once a week and mumbles to himself that it's the scent of his life ;) and that even though he could get to know quite a few scents through me in the almost 5 years we've been together :) Invictus is hard to describe in my opinion. I know many would describe it as sweet, but I can't agree with that. It is loud, bright, masculine, young and fresh. It is not aquatic or citrusy fresh though. It is a shrill, almost metallic freshness. When you smell it, you usually know immediately who you're dealing with. It's a fragrance to stand out or to emphasize one's confidence and temperament. In my opinion, it is not for shy and reserved young men. You have to be a little careful with the dosage, but in small doses it can be quite sexy. The shelf life is also bombastic. 8 hours + are loose in it.
Aki09
no longer special, but still good!
I can not understand all the negative comments about this fragrance.
The fragrance is versatile despite its sweetness and is really very well received by others. In addition, he convinces with an above-average durability and good price / performance ratio.
Sure, meanwhile, the fragrance is anything but unique, but that speaks in principle for the fragrance. It is understandable if you no longer wear it for the reason, but that does not reduce its quality. Today I wear him also only rarely, but still I get then many compliments.
Do not go with the fragrance too hard in court. The fragrance is not only worn by 14-year-olds.

TradeShark
I don’t understand why so low rating.
I don’t understand why so low rating. Scent is very good. Better than many of Tom Ford.
This scent is better than Invictus Aqua, it has better projection and longevity than Aqua. Aqua is too much simple.
Polarizing as fuck
To the fragrance I have a somewhat fancy comparison.
The scent is like a cola, the question is, what are you? At the right one it becomes the WhiskeyCola, to a horny party night, to a feshen Dude, who knows what he wants and still carries the wolf in him. With others again, it becomes the Spezi, in principle quite cool, but Bock you do not have it.
And so is the perception by women. The scent reinforces your appearance. Are you confessed, so the scent will push you. Are you a rag, then the scent will underpin this.
The fragrance is only what for teenagers to young adults, from 30+ I would not recommend this.

The flacon is a matter of taste. For my taste a little too youthful, as if you wanted to impress the FIFA player or the cool football player.
The durability on my skin is very good. Take after 6 hours the fragrance weiterhing well perceived. Even after 12 hours I smell him still on my skin.
The sillage is good and the first four hours very strongly perceptible.

All in all, a stable perfume, which unfolds with the right person only really horny.
Mmm...
Actually, my predecessors have already exploited everything that can be said about this fragrance, but I still feel obliged to say something about it from a female perspective. Precisely because I don't understand all this hatred for the fragrance. But I think it's clear that Invictus is not well received by (not so young) men, whereas (the majority of) women think it's great
Invictus has a dark, "freshly showered" aura. Some good quality men's deodorants also have this touch.
The synthetic-sweet chewing gum note, which stands out shortly afterwards, smells similar to the bubblemint chewing gum from Extra, the one with the pink packaging. You probably know this from your childhood and I personally still love to chew it, simply because it's delicious. You get asked about it more often than when you chew those cheap stinky peppermint gums. And for everyone who might think that Bubblemint doesn't sound/smell "manly" enough or even "childish": on the contrary!
It gives the fragrance this "delicious", attractive note. And it's what most young people go for, I think. I'm one of them ^^
After that the scent is rather linear, certain notes I can't really smell out at the end.

Besides, you don't always have to give yourself these super heavy, spicy, overpriced scents. You get more upset with them than with this one. Sometimes mainstream scents are really nice and refresh the day. I personally prefer them to some expensive TF scents. But you wear them for yourself and stand out from the crowd instead of adapting to it.

Anyway, it should not sound as if Invictus smells only of this chewing gum, it is not like that.
The fragrance is suitable for every occasion. For which age group? Hmm... 15-35 years would be fine. I hate the wrapping, but what can you say? It's more for the young target group :D

Dear men, don't be put off by the commissions and reviews here and test Invictus yourself if you don't know it yet. You will surely recognize him, since he is to be found at every corner. Yes, he has that stigma about him. Yes, the packaging is really ugly :D But yes, he also smells really good and charming!
Best regards,
Roselfi :)
Don't sleep a wink!
...to say it in the language of the target audience. I work in sales and I notice this scent every day. Really every day.

Mostly it is young men who do some quick shopping and then go on a party tour. Young, noisy boys who the girls like and generally want to attract attention.
For years I didn't know which fragrance it was, which I often perceived as such, until I bought it as a present (as a blind buy) for my younger brother, but of course I didn't give it away until I had tested it myself. ;-)

The opening is scratchy, bitter and loud for my nose. The grapefruit (or grapefruit peel, as I have read elsewhere) sticks out, then the maritime scents come and after a short time the jasmine tries to say hello, but is drowned over and over again by the wild grapefruit (peel). After a short time the colleagues come into the shop and let their masculinity run free in the form of patchouli, oakmoss and ambergris. From this point on the scent has something I like and slowly I get into party mood and am about to ask if I can come along, but then suddenly the disillusionment. I can't come at all, because I have to work. I can't just lock the store and reason wins out again. The scent doesn't change anymore, it remains as I perceive it all the time. It doesn't become gentler or milder, which I had hoped for a long time, because the durability is really good, I think.
Good thing I didn't ask to come. To me it would have been too loud anyway and above all too narrow in the party rooms of our surroundings.
And so the boys and girls move away again. Just as loud and conspicuous as they came in and leave me with the feeling that maybe I'm not quite the party type after all.

Long speech, no sense at all: the scent is noticeable, loud and wants to be perceived. So for me it's not an everyday scent, because I'm more of a quiet companion.
I like the fragrance itself and understand very well why it is so well received, but I would not buy it myself.

- Roadrunner

KanPerfumeKanPerfume 19 days ago
A friend recommended this fragrance but its really not my type. Still, it's decent for everyday use and can get you some compliments.
Arman038Arman038 12 months ago
A fresh-woody scent for younger lads. It's generic, but for teenage boys it should still work.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 1 year ago
The typical mainstream "blue" scent:pleasant but not original . You pay a lot for a very kitsch trophy-shaped bottle. Good sillage.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
I like the initial grapefruit, although a bit lost in the marine notes. it's fresh and ladies like it but it's way to synthetic for my nose.
PioPio 3 years ago
The king of all generic scents.
Mike1337Mike1337 3 years ago
4.5
Summery neutral light. Similar to many others
ElqwertyElqwerty 3 years ago
5.5
Not a big fan of this. The only reason why I wore this was because my girlfriend loved the smell.
KLewisKLewis 3 years ago
Sweet bubblegum, good compliment getter.
FirasmalanzyFirasmalanzy 3 years ago
I tried a sample of this perfume, it have a very synthetic opening, sweet and aquatic, smell good but not for me because the synthetic open.

by Entenradio
by Megamare2020
by Miaw2
by Miaw2
by Chnokfir
Geburtstagsgeschenk im Vordergrund und Valentinstagsgeschenk im Hintergrund ;)
by Pandabanda
by YKem
by Thecombad
by Thecombad

Popular Paco Rabanne

1 Million Privé by Paco Rabanne La Nuit (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Ultrared Man by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Lucky by Paco Rabanne La Nuit (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Paco Rabanne pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Calandre (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Mētāl (Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Ténéré (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Olympēa Intense by Paco Rabanne Olympēa Legend by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Absolutely Gold by Paco Rabanne Olympēa (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Parfum by Paco Rabanne Calandre (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet Man (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Mētāl (Eau de Toilette) / Eau de Mētāl by Paco Rabanne Pure XS for Her by Paco Rabanne Invictus Aqua (2016) by Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet by Paco Rabanne