Lady Million (2010) Eau de Parfum

Lady Million (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne
Bottle Design: Noé Duchaufour-Lawrance
Lady Million (Eau de Parfum) (Paco Rabanne)
Lady Million (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Paco Rabanne for women and was released in 2010. The scent is sweet-floral. It is being marketed by Puig.

Top Notes Top NotesRaspberry, Neroli, Bitter orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesOrange blossom, Jasmine sambac
Base Notes Base NotesHoney, Patchouli

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 06.10.2018

Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 9.0/10 Longevity 9.0/10 Scent 8.5/10
Sometimes the first impression is misleading...
I first met Lady Million at my hairdresser's in the salon. It is what the film "Manta, Manta" ridiculed: a sweet mouse that really fulfills all clichés. Blond, slim, always perfectly made up and styled, always sweet smiling and sweet smelling and her favourite colour seems to be pink. She wears all the sweet mainstream scents, I can't tell the difference. But anyone who thinks he's dealing with a ....na, let's call it a "naive" little follower is wrong! Because who would think that this stylish girl would help socially disadvantaged children with their homework in her spare time? Volunteer, mind you! That she collects voluntary food donations for the animal shelter in the area and with her tip, what she earns in her job, rather gives the four-legged friends food than give herself an expensive outfit? I recently met her in a rustic hiking look in the woods, where she took a long walk with a few of her fluffy protégés. Honestly, I felt caught! What's the matter with you? Because one often judges prematurely without really dealing with a thing or a person!

And that's exactly what happens (to me) sometimes with some scents! A spray, a short sniff and the opinion is already certain. Otherwise, I can't explain why a perfume like this doesn't even score 6 points in the standings. Yes, there are so many who smell similar or at least go in the same direction. Yes, it's a heavy and very sweet scent. But at the same time it is also a sensual fragrance, if you know the right dosage! My hairdresser doesn't seem to know her, because I really have trouble not falling into snap-breathing when she sneaks around me and does my hair.
Some time ago I got myself a sample of the controversial scent and was very curious how it would look on my skin. Admittedly, Lady Million is a firecracker! The silage is gigantic like with Alien! I guess he's out for office fragrance. After a short raspberry-fruity prelude I immediately smelled Jasmin-Sambac on my skin. Woe betide him who exaggerates with spraying. :-) The bitter orange note, which occasionally flashes through, slows down the sweetness a little and appears slightly bitter. Orange blossom comes through a little later with me, but the jasmine clearly dominates. I don't perceive honey, however hard I try to sniff it out. After two hours the sweetness has settled down, Lady Million now I like more and more! However, I only sprayed once and yet everyone who enters the room perceives it well. It will certainly not become a favorite fragrance of mine, I have far too many other favorites in my collection for that! But for going out he is always a faithful and very beautiful companion, which I will certainly buy in the small version. In winter it is twice as beautiful to wear as in other seasons. The shelf life was 9 hours!

A big thank you to my dear Basti, who never gets tired of telling me about classic fragrances again and again! Your tip was good again. ;-))

Negligible!
Lady Million is to me a fruity-floral scent with all the worst mainstream features in place: plastic, boring, cheap. Dark-dusty synthetic patchouli on the base, aldehydes, something green, and the fruity-floral accord, so metallic and generic it can be anything (jasmine and gardenia, fine: you could have told me it contained rose and ylang, I’d have believed it too). Besides being boring and conventional, it’s also particularly tacky and cheap, with an everlasting and static (non) evolution for hours. I don’t get how this requested 4 noses.

4,5-5/10
Bottle 5.0/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 8.0/10
honey for the summer
This a very nice sweet perfume and appropriate for summer and spring. The sweet (honey) is very well mixed with the african orange flower while the patchoulli and woody notes are soft and aromatic. It reminds me a lot of "elie saab" perfume. The bottle is quite unusual but I don't like it much. Overall is a pretty perfume and like all Paco's fumes it is very high class and sexy. Finally it is very long lasting and it makes me feel happy and optimistic.
Bottle 10.0/10 Scent 8.0/10
Popular Teen
So this is so very popular and I wanted to try it.
I'm wearing it, have a sample.I can smell orange blossoms and too much gardenia.
An easy to wear fragrance for pr.
Yes, I must confess I was waiting to be a luxury one but it is elegant.
Reminds me how it smells when I get in to a perfume shop.I found it warm, sweet, fruity a gourmand one and sexy.Can also be a teen fume why not?
Bottle 7.5/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 6.0/10
A Spicy/Floral/Gourmand
Lady Million is not really a "Lady"...she is a clever and impish seductress that gets what she wants by employing her seductive weapons (notes) in a deadly (effective) manner.

Addictive honey mingled with raspberry is the first delicious whiff that hits my nose when I spray this...hmmm...it's sweet but not cloying. Orange flower is next...then a hint of strong jasmine follows and deepens this sweet but not too sweet gourmand/floral. Next, amber, patchouli and Amalfi lemon as a grand finale.

The lemon makes it spicy, the honey makes it sweet and the flowers float somewhere in between. I think the secret to making this one of the most loved perfumes in recent years is the balance. It is a very well balanced perfume that is not too much of one thing yet holds your interest by never being linear.
It's not what I would call an *elegant* scent, nor a *classy* scent...no, it's rather a *dirty* sexy scent that has (on me) a very slight unisex vibe in the drydown. But somehow that works.

Indeed, this is one of the most popular perfumes of late, so, should you buy it and smell like so many others? Well, this line of thinking doesn't stop e.g. the Lempicka fans! (another line of perfumes that sells en masse) So, it shouldn't stop you. A perfume still interacts with everyones chemistry a bit different, on me you can hardly detect the raspberry note ones the first whiff settles, it all becomes honey, jasmine, patchouli and a slight lemon note and it gives me wafts of these notes in turns for the whole time it's on my skin.

It's not my *most* favourite scent, but I do like wearing it on occasion.
Especially when I am bored of sophisticated florals. Suffer from an oriental overdose. Am slightly nauseous from patisserie gourmands and feel like a pool girl after over-exposure to aquatics. So, yes, that's the moment Lady Million is a welcome change.

The bottle is a hate or love design. Some might call it clumsy while others dislike the plastic gold cap that shows smudges. *she said as she wiped her fingerprints off the cap* ; ) But I guess we can all agree that as far as product identity goes, this bottle cannot be easily overlooked or mistaken.

Silage is: "you just hit the million $ jackpot....of well balanced yumminess" -- longevity is: "I start out sweet, but change to fresh and I don't get tired of repeating this for a good 5+ hours."
Test on skin before purchase and see how the notes decide to pop-up, I have heard of headaches when over-sprayed so be careful with the trigger finger!
Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 5.0/10
A bit of a let-down
I have never, I repeat, never tried 1 Million by Paco Rabanne. I had no preconceived notion of what Lady Million was supposed to smell like, and for that reason alone I am neither disappointed nor moved by this particular fragrance.

Lady Million is average yet pleasant. It's sweet but nicely so, like a honey scented shampoo rather than anything particularly sugary.

It's not really a fruity floral, although the clean-like notes of lemon and raspberry are quite dominant. It's very honeyed, syrupy almost, but not a gourmand.

Lady Million has stirred up many mixed feelings in me. While there are moments when I think it's a plain yet elegant scent, there are times when I find it a little cheap and uninspiring. I feel it's designed to attract young women in their 20's.

All in all, it's a mixture of high-end shampoo, drizzly honey and a subtle hint of dirty, earthy patchouli. Odd, but a sure crowd pleaser. I wouldn't be shocked to see this fragrance flying off the shelves this Christmas.

The lasting power is so-so and let's just say that the bottle design makes this a rather difficult object to hold in the palm of your hand let alone spray in a hurry.
Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 2.0/10
Aromachemical Soup
LADY MILLION offers a case study for a couple of hypotheses which I have been mulling over of late. First: do too many cooks in the kitchen spoil the soup? Dominique Ropion, Anne Flipo and Beatrice Piquet: sounds like a dream team, but then how in the world did they manage together to produce LADY MILLION? I ask most sincerely.

The other question relates to the importance of quality ingredients in producing a first-rate perfume. Maybe if this would-have-been Dream Team had used real honey, raspberries, patchouli, jasmine, gardenia, and neroli, then LADY MILLION would have smelled like it was worth a million--or even a hundred--bucks. Instead what I'm sniffin' is artificial flavors + artificial flavors + artificial flavors, leading to a final "perfume" product of aromachemical soup!

In a word: Yuck.
Scent 2.0/10
Generic
There was a time back in the 80's when I began to really lose interest in perfume because they all started to smell the same. This perfume smells like you took all those nondescript scents and mixed them together. You might as well just put it in a plain glass bottle and call it "Perfume." It's not even modern - just a generic scent, and a dated one at that.

• by Orientpoison by Orientpoison
  • by Schili by Schili
  • by Sonjoschka by Sonjoschka
  • by Madkat by Madkat

Popular Paco Rabanne

1 Million (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Invictus (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Lady Million (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Paco Rabanne pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Olympéa (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Black XS (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Black XS for Her (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet Man (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Privé by Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet by Paco Rabanne Invictus Aqua (2016) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Intense by Paco Rabanne Pure XS by Paco Rabanne XS pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Absolutely Gold by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Cologne by Paco Rabanne Olympéa Intense by Paco Rabanne Calandre (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Lucky by Paco Rabanne Paco by Paco Rabanne