Olympéa (2015) Eau de Parfum

Olympéa (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne
Bottle Design: Marc Ange

Olympéa (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Paco Rabanne for women and was released in 2015. The scent is sweet-floral. It is being marketed by Puig.

Top Notes Top NotesGreen mandarin
Heart Notes Heart NotesSalted vanilla, Ginger lily, Water jasmine
Base Notes Base NotesCashmere wood, Ambergris

Submitted by Ricki, last update on 29.10.2019

The face of the advertising campaign is Brazilian model Luma Grothe.

It's a Salty World
My story about Olympea begins where I work. As some of you know, I work in a high-end, discount department store. We get a shipment in every day, Monday to Friday so our stock remains full. Our fragrance section consists of a few glass shelves, usually overflowing with everything from low-end (Addidas) to high-end (Flowerbomb.) You never know what you're going to find.

I usually stroll by that section at least a few times a week to see if anything new was added and if so, how badly do I need it?! A couple of weeks ago, I noticed an interesting looking gift set perched on the very end of the top shelf. I picked it up to explore. It was Olympea by Paco Rabanne. Now of course I'm familiar with his offerings but for some reason, I hadn't paid any attention to this one in the past, to the point that I didn't even remember seeing it before. I was tempted! Afterall, it was only 69.99 (plus an additional 10 percent off) for the 50 ml. bottle plus the 10 ml. travel spray. I placed it back on the shelf and left it behind, being unsure if the scent would suit me or not. I needed to make an educated purchase!

Over that weekend, I read reviews on the fragrance and they addmittedly weren't much help. That's the thing about reviews, they are just opinions and they can differ greatly so unless you are able to test it yourself, it's still hard to know. Some said that they hated the salty note in this and that it ruined the fragrance and some said that the salty accord gave it a unique vibe and set it apart from other more generic vanilla scents. I was confused! Haha

I told myself that if the gift set was still there on Monday (stuff sells fast), I would take a chance and go with my gut and buy it. I just had a feeling that I was going to love it. Would my hunch pay off?

Miraculously, the gift set was still there when I arrived to work on Monday so I happily purchased it and felt pretty good about my decision.

Upon application, the first spritz is like nuclear war. It hits you hard. Like a medicinal blast of green, acidic citrus. I told myself to remain calm and let the storm pass. The top notes need time to chill out and fade so the other notes can be revealed and have their chance to shine. Thankfully, that is exactly what happened. I got a hint of jasmine and then it went directly into the salted vanilla. I was happy. The fragrance remained a salty vanilla with an underlying fruity vibe for the remainder. I don't have anything else in my collection that smells like this and I think it would be perfect for Spring, Fall and Winter. It was very cold yesterday and I went to an outdoor event and was frozen solid but I kept catching my scent lingering around me in the air and I was enjoying it immensely!

It's not cloying and doesn't induce headaches or make me sneeze which is always a good thing when you're sensitive to scents like I am (I suffer to smell good! Ha!) The lasting power is quite impressive as well. With only 2 spritzes, it lasted all evening and even after sleeping, the following day it's still quite evident.

This isn't a safe blind-buy however. The salt won't be for everyone. It is quite pronounced. I find that it mixes well with the vanilla but at this point, I know what notes I like as a whole and which ones won't work for me so my confidence was fairly high this time around. Definitely worth testing this one out though!
10.0 8.0 8.0 9.5/10

Mountaineering Olympus
I don't know exactly when it was when I first heard about Olympéa. But I know when I first used that scent. That was 2016 and for a long time I was again on holiday in the Alps. What one hated so much as a child, one wanted to do as an adult woman for "relaxation". So what do you do in the mountains? You go hiking. Especially at this time I had a kind of need for self-discovery and wanted to climb a 3000.

For the first time in years I really felt 9 hours of rest. Shielded from mobile phone reception, people and many impressions I went up this mountain, over several vegetation zones. Started at 32 °C in a valley overgrown with deciduous trees over dark conifers and green meadows, it then went over tender grasses and sometime only boulders further and further up. I drank from an ice-cold meltwater stream and enjoyed the cold draught on the sweaty and meanwhile slightly burnt skin. At the end of the ascent I stood in a short skirt and sun hat in deep snow and looked down on my daily work.
My invisible companion was Olympéa. This scent and all the impressions of nature around me formed a symbiosis that gave me the feeling that I was climbing Mount Olympus. It was terribly exhausting, but after the ascent I had the feeling to be finally grounded.

And I still feel that way today. When I order Olympéa. Then I stand again on my personal place on the Olymp and feel fullest satisfaction.

It's not a scent I want to use every day. Not because it's too intense. No. But I always want to remind him of it with this experience.
It is also not a fragrance that particularly knocks me down or would have been my first choice. But in connection with this memory he has become unique for me.

Denise1410
The stench of sweaty soaked hair after a pub visit

There was a time, it has been a long time ago, I was not averse to drinking through nights in narrow, noisy clubs or even large discotheques (What have I found great about it????? :D) At that time, I would estimate that meanwhile 15 years have passed, was still smoked in these establishments. If you came home in the middle of the night or early in the morning, your hair and clothes stank of a mixture of sweat, alcohol and above all old cold cigarette smoke.

I'm sorry somehow and when I read the other comments, I doubt myself and especially my sense of smell, but Olympea smells exactly like the one I just described.
If I notice this smell of old cigarette smoke with a salty, alcoholic note on a woman, I wonder every time whether she has been through the night or is simply wearing Olympea (and I smell the smell almost every day on different women).

I have never smoked before in my life and find the smell extremely repulsive, accordingly the enthusiasm of the many Olympea lovers for this fragrance somehow does not open me up. Of course, fragrances are ultimately a matter of taste and are perceived and interpreted differently by everyone, but I find it quite unusual that opinions can diverge so widely.

10.0 8.0 7.0 8.0/10

Salty yet very good
I was looking for a new summer scent and wasn't really sure what kind of scent it should be because I want something that doesn't smell too sweet but also not too fresh or soapy. I looked a little bit around but a lot of fragrances not exactly what I was looking for or what I wanted.

Then a saleswoman asked me what I was looking for, and I didn't know myself exactly what kind of scent it should be or better said what I wanted. So I told her it should be a fragrance that was not necessarily too fresh but a bit fruity but very pleasant. She went to the perfume dispenser of Paco Rabanne and picked up Olympia from the shelf and sprayed it lightly on the test strip for me and handed it over to me. On the test strip, I didn't really like him because he was too harsh... She sprayed it to me then on the wrist from there it was much better.

It smelled very special because I did not deal so firmly with fresh smells, have or better said know it was different for me. At the very beginning I smelled the green tangerine which I liked very much:) Unfortunately this note vanished as fast as I noticed it but it became very interesting. I only know sweet vanilla notes but salty vanilla notes were very new to me. One smelled very, very clearly the salty vanilla note out it was very present, slightly tart. But in a good way;). The ginger note could also be clearly seen, but it didn't smell so strong that it was present. It was there but not as present as the Salty Vanilla Note. I like this fragrance very much because it simply has something special it is not a fragrance that you think is very stubborn it was, just perfect for everyday life. I found devinitiv and gefahlen I do this smell very much for the warm summer days;). I couldn't smell Jasmin but this perfume does me very good anyway. I bought the 80ml bottle because there was 50% on this bottle because it only cost 60Fr. Find this is still possible because you get a lot of it after all, you only need 2 splashes and you can see it almost the whole day.
10.0 7.0 8.0 10.0/10

Gorgeous, Modern, and Unique
I've owned this fragrance for about two weeks now and since receiving it have worn little else, I'm so in love with the combination of notes. I get a cloud of soft vanilla, pungent salt, and sweet/salty ambergris hovering above the floral and woodsy notes. The sillage is moderate, as is the projection; long-lasting, I find that I can still smell this in the morning when I wake, about 24 hours after application. The bottle is stunningly to-die-for gorgeous, in rose-gold and glass like a museum-quality sculpture, and the value, no matter what you pay for yours, is right on the money.
This immediately became my Summer Signature scent and I can't imagine ever being without Olympea now. I hope that she remains in production in perpetuity!
7.0 4.0/10

Can't Wear
Another synthetic concoction from a producer of normally fabulous perfumes. Whatever created the salted vanilla note makes me swiftly queasy and needing air. One spray was enough to discourage a second. This from the creator of the legendary Pour Homme, of La Nuit, Calandre, Ultraviolet, 1 Million, and the fabulous Métál which I wore for years.
6.0 7.0 7.0 8.0/10

Top shelf!
This is delicious! I don't consider this a true gourmand, but it has a yummy vanilla note. I admit that I was concerned about the "salty" note, but the saltiness is more pronounced while far away from the nose. I think it's there just to keep this fragrance from being to "friendly." It's not crazy and weird, but it does have some bite, I think due to the salty note. It has a fruity hit at the beginning, but then that dies down. It's mostly a beautiful powdery-woodsy vanilla on me. Very elegant; I see this becoming a classic. It reminds me a lot of Ivanka Trump's perfume, but that one is a bit fruitier.
I love this Olympea! I'm so glad I bought it...it is going straight to my top shelf!
10.0 8.0 8.0 9.0/10

Salty goddess
Indeed a wonderful perfume, quite unusual with the sweet and altogether salty vanilla combination. I tried this during summertime and is really great. It reminds me alot of Bvlgari Aqva divina since both share the salty experience. The perfume itself is longlasting, medium sillage but the bottle is gorgeous with red gold olive leaves decoration and first class glass. The whole idea brings my mind in ancient Greece where the Greek gods ruled in Mount Olympus and olive leaves where part of their decorations too. Really I was very very pleased with this perfume.

Bcars10 3 years ago
Very elegant; I see this becoming a classic.+2
6.0

In der Abendkühle...
by Santalwalti
Besonders abends darfst du mit mir gehen, da magst du mich betören... Ich lass mich gern von dir umwehen, da kann mich nichts mehr stören.
by Santalwalti
Spezieller Vanilleduft mit einer Meersalz-Prise :-)
by DundG
by NightAngel
by Nayeli
by Nayeli

Popular Paco Rabanne

1 Million (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Invictus (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Lady Million (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Paco Rabanne pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Olympéa (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Black XS (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Privé by Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet Man (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Black XS for Her (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Pure XS by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Lucky by Paco Rabanne Invictus Aqua (2016) by Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet by Paco Rabanne XS pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Intense by Paco Rabanne Invictus Aqua (2018) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Cologne by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Absolutely Gold by Paco Rabanne Olympéa Intense by Paco Rabanne Invictus Intense by Paco Rabanne