Olympéa Intense (2017)

Olympéa Intense by Paco Rabanne
Bottle Design: Marc Ange

Olympéa Intense is a popular perfume by Paco Rabanne for women and was released in 2017. The scent is sweet-floral. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Puig.

White pepper, Orange blossom, Grapefruit blossom, Salted vanilla, Cedarwood, White amber

Submitted by CPL, last update on 29.05.2019

8.0 7.0 7.0 8.0/10

Not so bad, though.
Paco Rabanne always makes very present and very sweet fragrances for the young girls.
These are the kind of girls who always walk through town in front of me or stand in front of me at the checkout. So I'm very Angel, Lady Million, XS damaged & decided for me that I can't do anything with these sugar sweet showers.
Nevertheless, I don't want to close myself off to these brands and their sugar waters through the journey of the perfume cosmos and buy one or the other, as well as this one
9.0 8.0 8.0 7.5/10

Shalima
Not every day, not every opportunity, not always and everywhere
... because Olympéa is different, at least as far as I'm concerned.

I sneaked around for a long time and, to be honest, I was more attracted to the bottle than to the fragrance. However, it was too expensive for me to simply place the bottle anywhere without any further added value.
I already knew Olympéa, but it had never convinced me. In the end my opinion was again and again on the new: "quite nice actually, but as you know only the little sister of ..."
is nice And then there is this in my eyes terrible looking and creatively unimaginative packaging! No elegance, no charisma, who only thinks of something like this and wants to draw attention to himself and earn money with it.

Compared to Olympéa, Olympéa Intense - except for the packaging - is already much more. More critical and sensitive to handle and too much of it leads at the same place to a perhaps only unique result, namely "never again".

But I'm not writing this to speak ill of Olympéa Intense - except for the box, though.

Olympéa Intense begins with an explosion! Like a laser beam that blows up a boulder, the first, second and maybe even third sprayer bounces off and whirls the complete range of contents around my nose. You stand like dazed and don't even know if you really wanted to buy it. Therefore, my tip to start with a sprayer first, in order to be able to estimate the effect better.
I have already hinted at what will happen in the statement and would like to clarify this again here. Olympéa Intense develops in me as if I could breathe through the individual layers the deeper the draft is sucked in, as if one were gradually immersed in it. It starts with the (bitter) orange paired with grapefruit. Vanilla then joins it, but does not develop sugar sweetness, but also remains tart. At the very end, just before the moment when the lung volume is reached, it becomes earthy, warm and slightly woody. Woody at least in the way you breathe on a pretty dry piece of wood in the forest, where you just have a little bit of moisture because of the scent, which transports the scent a bit more, but not more.

With some time then the layers shift in perception, the orange remains, but clearly recedes. The slight tingling in the nose may then be caused only by the pepper, but maybe I'm only imagining it because it's just so appropriate. When you take a deep breath, the earthy quality is expressed more and more early and surrounds you almost constantly, but still with this slightly fruity note of orange (which, by the way, is still a bit bitter), a softened grapefruit and vanilla spreads further. And then, yes, exactly then, then it starts to become sensual, passionate, maybe even a bit playful. An interplay, almost like the very fine continuation of the explosion mentioned at the beginning. But not so intense, not so bombastic, not so layer by layer, but as in a compressed, finer and finer fog.

Olympéa Intense - I take it about 30 minutes before the moment when I want to be noticed with it. I don't waste anything on it, because it lasts a long time, and until it gets very close ... and then can be desired from time to time even.

Thank you for reading!

Jazzy76 8 months ago
Sweet and warm with a salty touch, perfect in the cold season or by night. Quite good sillage. Luxury bottle, but a little kitsch (to me)+3
6.0

by Akinna
by Akinna
by Blödel
by Blödel

Popular Paco Rabanne

1 Million (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Invictus (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Lady Million (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Paco Rabanne pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Olympéa (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Black XS (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet Man (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Privé by Paco Rabanne Black XS for Her (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Pure XS by Paco Rabanne Invictus Aqua (2016) by Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Lucky by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Intense by Paco Rabanne XS pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Invictus Aqua (2018) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Cologne by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Absolutely Gold by Paco Rabanne Olympéa Intense by Paco Rabanne Paco by Paco Rabanne