Olympēa Legend 2019

Olympēa Legend by Paco Rabanne
Bottle Design Marc Ange
Olympēa Legend is a new perfume by Paco Rabanne for women and was released in 2019. The scent is sweet-creamy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Puig.

Date palm blossom, Ginger flower, Amber, Salted plum, Vanilla, Tonka bean absolute

Submitted by CPL, last update on 22.11.2020.

Olympea Legend- You
To use the words of Glashaus in the song Du:

To paint it is missing the colours
To describe you is missing the word
I don't have the language to say to you
What you are to me and so on and so forth
And the more I realize that
The greater the urge becomes
To tell you that I doubt That I can ever spare you
To pronounce it is missing the recklessness
To draw you is missing the pencil
I lack the spirit to understand
How wonderful you are
And the more I understand that
The more I want to share,
That you're the best thing alive Before you came, I was alone
Singing about you is missing the notes
To write it down the sheet is missing
How is the indescribably beautiful
To record that I have `
And the more I think of you The clearer it becomes,
That since I've known you Nothing's the same anymore. "
I have many favourite scents. I just don't want to have to settle on one. But if I did, I would choose Olympea Legend. Creamy scents have done it to me, and this one in particular.
I do not perceive scents well on myself. I also have the feeling that almost no scent lasts longer than 4 hours. When I read here from 6 - 8 hours I am amazed again and again. Maybe scents last longer than 4 hours at most and my little head just plays a trick on me. Everything is possible:-)
When I apply Olympea Legend I feel safe, embraced by a creamy security. He wraps me in a warm blanket and never lets go. He is my comforter, my only great love .....and I perceive him.......5,6,8,10.......hours........
Sometimes I put it on and lie down in my cozy little bed and immediately we dream together.

I personally find the quality of this fragrance incredibly good.
It is very creamy and very sweet. You have to like it. Otherwise it can easily become too much for you The durability and sillage are extremely strong. Therefore I think it should be applied rather discreetly for the public. Not everyone can tolerate real perfume clouds. Hopefully you would like that everyone can still breathe well;-)
I think the bottle is a success. But for me it's of secondary importance
Forever your......
-YOU-I-US-
4.5
TOO MUCH!:(
I have the feeling that this year is the year of coconut scents!:D And I must admit I LOVE LOVE good coconut scents:))) And yes, I know that this scent came on the market last year. But again, either you love or you hate coconut scents. My mother, for example, likes coconut scents but discreet and fresh, I, on the other hand, many people already know that I love sweet coconut scents:D But even then I have to admit that not all sweet coconut scents can wrap me around my finger!) I love it when the coconut note is sweet but creamy+warm! (for example the new la nuit tresor nude has this delicious creamy+milky coconut note:D) And since I had read (almost) only good things about this fragrance here at Parfumo last year, I had to test it, especially since I read that the coconut note should be very fine:) Since my grandfather is unfortunately at present on vacation I had to test alone... I prefer to test scents with him because it's much more fun to do it together than alone:D As I ordered my favourite face cream last week, I got a little muesli from Olympea Legend as a thank you for my order. As I recall, I briefly tested this scent last year. But I must admit that when I think of this fragrance, I immediately think of an overdossis coconut...

Since I had no perfume on that day, I wanted to test it immediately, which was unfortunately a big mistake! Since the LEIDER could hardly be washed off! Also I have to emphasize that I am a little Olympea fan:D I love, just love the original and the intense!:)))) Both enchanting and extremely beautiful scents!:) Wear the originals preferably in spring + summer:))) So far, it's going down well:D. Since I am a gourmand fragrance lover I was all the more curious about the legend! The other Olympea fragrances are much more flowery and slightly spicy if I may describe it like this!)

I looked at Parfumo again to me the scents more exactly before I had sprayed myself on the wrist... But I thought jaaaaooo actually exactly my thing!... (Or maybe not!) Since the scents had convinced me at the beginning I gave myself two generous splashes on my wrist...

I really liked the top note!:))) Unfortunately it flew away faster than I thought! I could already smell the familiar salty vanilla note with the Tonka together when spraying it on* * And yes I admit I LOVE this salty vanilla note! Again and again wonderful and delicious! *.* The Tonka was very nice and powdery but not heavy. Unfortunately, my joy was short-lived:( After that I simply smelled the worst coconut note ever:( It stung my nose the whole time and had an extremely penetrating synthetic note... Unfortunately this is not the worst by far! The longer the fragrance was on my skin the more intense and heavy it became... Something that irritated me here with this scent was that the coconut note became more and more musty from time to time... It is somehow difficult to explain, but musty is the only word I can think of for this fragrance:( I couldn't smell anything else except the top note+coconut! The coconut note was the most intense on my skin the whole time... After 3.hours I could not stand it any longer and tried to wash with the soap from my wrist... Unfortunately, I had to wash 5.times with the soap generously until the fragrance of the coconut note was more or less gone!
As you've already noticed, I don't really like that smell... But what I want to emphasize is that this fragrance is the strongest and best of the whole Olympea perfume family, both in terms of durability and sillage! The only thing I like about this fragrance is the top note and the bottle... I hope very much that my (scent)-description was helpful:)
Love at the 6th glance
There I am standing in front of the shelves in the shop, looking at all the fine bottles, when the saleswoman takes the bottle of Olympea Legend, puts this fragrance flowery to my heart, sprays it and leaves me with the thought... "How do I get rid of this"... The first try... has failed. Too sweet, too intense, just cruel. Days later, second try, although I know what's coming. Sprayed, smelled, slapped myself inside because I don't like the smell at all. I repeat this - for incomprehensible reasons, because the scent somehow "calls" me secretly, within a year 3 more times, until suddenly I fall in love with the scent head over heels and buy a small bottle. I still can't describe this sweet, juicy, powdery and soooo delicious scent exactly. The scent pyramid is not decisive for me, because somehow I can't smell out what it says. The main thing is that I love the smell. I could take a bath in it. Sometimes it takes a little longer to find what you are looking for!
Fine Flanker
I have nothing against flankers of a fragrance, because sometimes they are better than the original version.
Or just as good.

And Legend keeps up with the "primordial mother".

Here, however, the plum takes centre stage, whose softness and sweetness is accentuated by the salt.
My ma taught me to add a pinch of salt to desserts because it adds depth.
And so it is in Legend.

The fragrance is round and full-bodied - without reminding of compote.

Vanilla adds warmth and Tonka adds something marzipan.
Delicate blossoms waft over it.

A clearly sweet scent - but not sticky - but floating - although it goes in the gourmand direction.

It conveys a homely atmosphere and additionally insulates the jeeper on sweets.
A good trick to soothe the " cake tooth ".

This advice also comes from my ma - and I can only confirm this effect.

For me, Legend may not be legendary, but it's a great thing.
Finchen1976
Vanilla-plum compote with tonka bean (or vice versa?)
A little girl moved in with me.
I am actually a sweet fan, nice sweet and creamy, e.g. I also like the "Vanilla Abricot" from the Comptoirs. And salty plum... that could only be good.

The fragrance also starts off beautifully sweet, creamy and delicious with a light plum note. But at some point the tonka bean absolute makes its way through the other ingredients with the sharp machete, and with brute force.
So violent, it's too much for me personally. But just this one fragrance. She is so annoying and so superficial, that sometimes I already have something ... yeah, it's gonna get bad. I like Tonka Bean Cream Brulee or something like that. But that takes off my shoes somehow unpleasantly, so heavy and with a light floral note. I find the base quite enchanting and beautiful.

I've tested it 2 times now, the little one is still almost full, maybe we'll become friends, maybe it's enough for a 50ml long liaison.
Maybe not.
The Intense, on the other hand, convinced me immediately.
Huge surprise
When I complimented a colleague at work on her fragrance, I had no idea that this incredibly engaging, sweet, coconut-laden fragrance was actually a version of the Olympea I hated so much.

I find the original version of Olympea very unpleasant, the salty note makes me think irrevocably of old draught cigarette smoke and alcohol. Roch a woman, as if she just came from a drunken night in the pub, I knew she was wearing Olympea.
Nothing like that with Olympea Legend: About three or four meters away from my colleague I already took this smell of roasted, sweet coconut. The closer I came, the more fruity the coconut became and finally turned into sugared plum with vanilla and roasted pistachios. The fragrance reminded me a bit of the summer scents of Escada, but much more noble and adult, not light and meaningless, but heavy, deep and sweet (without the otherwise so typical salt note) - this is how the sunset smells to me :)

Well, now there's actually an Olympea fragrance at the top of my wish list for the summer, who would have thought :D
Salty plumage
I gotta say, CandyScent's already got it all figured out. But the fragrance deserves a few more comments ;)

Yesterday I finally tested Olympea Legend. I had the original scent in my collection a few years ago. I liked it very much, but because of the low durability, I bought a copy of La Rive and it is really well done and holds better!

Let's get to Legend. I didn't really want to test him. It's really getting on my nerves! Sorry but Armani Si the Xte, LVEB the Xte, then the 1000 Daisy's. Doesn't any perfumer have to create an independent fragrance for the Cojones that stands out a little bit from all the others? Or is there nothing more that doesn't already exist?

Well, I read here that Legend doesn't really have much in common with the original anymore and the salty plum made me curious.

I must say, he's really well done! Doesn't remind me of the original scent at all. But where do you smell coconut? I must say, I was a little sad. Would have fitted in pretty well ;)

Salt in combination with the plum is really interesting. Date palm blossom? I don't know how it's supposed to smell. Anyway, I'm only sensing the salty-fruity plum. Relatively long. After about an hour the vanilla comes along. It is relatively dry and not synthetically sweet. I think it's good because the fragrance is all in all quite sweet anyway.

Legend also goes really easily into the oriental towards the end, that's true. I really didn't expect it. It'll take an hour or two, though. Like it!

Conclusion: Great fragrance. Not spectacular. But which fragrance that is currently coming onto the market is that already? In my opinion it is not suitable for the summer, because the Sillage is really strong and the scent too sweet. It lasted 8-10 hours and I always had a whiff in my nose. I wish I had licked my wrist haha.

So Rabanne well done. But with the fragrance -> new bottle, different name, would have fitted much better :)
Orientéa
Since the announcement of the latest Flanker from the Olympéa series, I was full of anticipation for a first "test drive". Today was the day! So buckle up and be curious if I had a LEGENDAR day... ¶)

First of all I would like to mention the scents I got from the official Paco Rabanne Homepage:

"...floral intensity: desert palm blossom, ginger blossom, amber chord,
Addiction Factor: Salty Plum, Vanilla, Absolute Tonka Bean."

So far, so tasty. After the first sprayer, however, a small disappointment spreads. I smell coconut. A scent not listed in the description that is one of my hate scents. Fortunately, this impression is short-lived: the salty vanilla, my hot and dearly beloved salty vanilla - which already makes Olympéa Intense so exciting and sexy for me - fights its way into the foreground. At this moment you can clearly see the original version of the fragrance.

Interestingly, this impression does not last very long either. The plum comes rolled up and blends darkly and sensually into the illustrious turmoil. As if by magic, a completely new, independent fragrance emerges, which hardly seems to have anything in common with the typical Olympéa. A great twist, since so many flankers are generally too close to the original and therefore not at all attractive.

The blend of vanilla, salt and plum makes Olympéa Legend a true Oriental. Something I hadn't expected at all.

H+S are breathtaking, in the most positive sense: sprayed in the morning, I clearly perceived the scent throughout the day and until evening. He never seemed pushy or "too much". Well done, Paco Rabanne!!

Even if he can't outdo Olympéa Intense in my eyes (or my nose), I will definitely get a copy. Here you get a high-quality, independent fragrance in a beautiful bottle for your money.

Dear ones, that was a great day!

Jazzy76Jazzy76 1 year ago
This precious and original bottle recalling the ancient Greek pots contains a warm, sweet and cocooning scent to enjoy in the cold season

by Biberfrau
by Biberfrau
by Normajean12
by Normajean12

Popular Paco Rabanne

Ténéré (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne La Nuit (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Privé by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Lucky by Paco Rabanne Paco Rabanne pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Mētāl (Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Calandre (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Olympēa Intense by Paco Rabanne Olympēa (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Absolutely Gold by Paco Rabanne Calandre (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet Man (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Invictus Aqua (2016) by Paco Rabanne Invictus Aqua (2018) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Parfum by Paco Rabanne Olympēa Aqua (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Black XS for Her (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet by Paco Rabanne XS pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne La Nuit (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne