Pure XS by Paco Rabanne
Pure XS is a perfume by Paco Rabanne for men and was released in 2017. The scent is sweet-synthetic. It is being marketed by Puig. Pronunciation

Ginger, Plant juice, Thyme, Cinnamon, Vanilla, Leather, Liqueur, Musk, Myrrh, Sugar

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 17.03.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is Portuguese model Francisco Henriques, filmed by Johan Renck and photographed by Nathaniel Goldberg.

A commentary interpretation
My first review is also about one of my first fragrances, which I bought a few years ago because I had previously received the deodorant as a gift and I liked the scent right away.

With the assumption that the bottle was designed after the perfume was already composed, I will comment on the fragrance in terms of the bottle.

So, if you look at the bottle, the gradient of colors immediately catches your eye. It starts at the bottom with clear glass and goes from dark blue to black. Here parallels can be drawn to the fragrance of Pure XS. He begins with a strong citrus note, practically the white glass, to
briskly, but smoothly into a sweet vanilla smell, offset with ginger and musk. Who likes, can smell out here also quite vanilla cola, which must be due to the light cinnamon note.

Continuing with the shape of the bottle, which is rounded angular, which is modeled on the entire fragrance image of the Pure XS. An overall coherent, rounded fragrance, which sets accents with its prominent spicy notes.

Admittedly, this creation of Paco Rabanne is not the ultimate Compliment getter, because he is not as loud as, for example, the Invictus comes along. He flies rather a bit under the radar, the bottle is also kept relatively flat.

The perfume is undoubtedly suitable for dark autumn or winter evenings, in which the Pure XS can stand out quite as the golden lettering on the bottle from the dark environment and unfolds a warm, long-lasting sillage.

Overall a perfume, which in my opinion is much better than the rating here, although you certainly have to be open to the fragrances of Paco Rabanne, but then with the Pure XS as an autumn or winter fragrance can not go wrong.
Pure XS of synthetic spice
Horny marketing, horny commercial, horny presentation on the shelf, ... And he has unfortunately also necessary!

The name has of course immediately lured me:

It opens with a citrusy, pungent ginger freshness and some synthetic fruitiness. And that doesn't change any more.

It is similarly extreme, but aud completely different way, as "Invictus". An interesting fragrance, but Rabanne just won't be my brand!
Even as a party fragrance, he would be too one-sided and too aggressive for me. He is certainly good for a U30 as a sharp party fragrance in the summer months.
For schoolchildren, students, trainees, etc. I recommend but then the Polish dupe of La Rive "Just on time". Almost the same fragrance with the same performance for a fraction of the price.

Also because of its one-sidedness, it is certainly well suited for layering other fragrances to bring Spice pure.

Tingeli
Much better than his reputation
I have tested it several times in shops but the smoky one bothered me because too many others tested it. Now I have bought it after all and am amazed how good it is. Smells like myrrh incense sticks with vanilla, some ginger and sandalwood in addition. Done. Reminds me of Spicebomb extreme but without underarm sweat and cinnamon. Smells not very strong but is still noticeable after 8 hours
DN1982
I guess the wrong sample went into mass production
There are scents that are round in themselves. There are fragrances that generate arcs of tension and yet are round in themselves. And there are Raco Rabanne's pure extra small ones. And he can't do either one or the other.
I don't know if that's a stupid coincidence here on Parfumo: the younger the fragrance (in relation to the market launch), the less differentiation is made in terms of the individual scents, in other words, there is no longer any division into top notes, heart notes and base notes. This is also the case here. What is the reason for this, please? If the Black Gustav is due to the manufacturers, because something that is halfway natural is no longer available in the low to medium price segment anyway (and they are not even ambitious anymore!), what is there to differentiate which component shines in which area of the fragrance spectrum?
What also annoys me are such "unambiguous" statements like liqueur. Liqueur can either be disdainfully sugared firewater or, depending on its composition, offer a very wide range of fruity notes up to the most unusual herbs. Or plant juice. That can be everything or nothing! But what is there to hide? Bare water perhaps? Or the explanation for having to deal with a synthetic who is standing there as if he wanted to and not able to? Or is it the unpleasant component in the fragrance that wants to sell you Douglette as a super-modern ingredient if you turn up your nose at the fragrance? I don't know Already the prelude is not very harmonious. It is vanilla sweet, but the sweetness squabbles with the ginger. The thyme brings additional restlessness. I leave the plant juice and the liqueur out, that can be everything or nothing - or as I call it: customer bullshit.
But go on. I mean, it's the myrrh that tries to give the moderator, but doesn't get it off the ground, but continues to be conducive to restlessness. This means that with this fragrance we find a basic framework from the middle down to the base that has what it takes to make a statement if a line could be recognized. At times, we have the scent of colorful glossy magazines in it, and the next moment this technical scent just looks stale and musty. Another technical smell is a burnt, plastic-like note, which is the recognition factor par excellence at Terre d'Hermes. I can't get rid of the impression that an attempt has been made to copy this classic in a far less sparkling, but all the sweeter version. Even if these seemingly technical scents are balanced towards the base, Paco's pure extra-small has simply shot into the oven. I could also say Terre d'Hermes in XL-bad.
A beautiful bottle is not everything. After all, this one is not as late-pubertal as the one from Invictus. But the contents are just as arbitrary. This is what you usually get from Banana Bruno. It's a pity actually, because there are undoubtedly good approaches. But unfortunately they are only approaches. Or just the worse of two prototypes, which should have been scrapped, but for some reason went into production instead of the good sample
DerJulian
The pure excess in the glass, on the skin and in the club!
What I like immensely about sides like Parfumo is their pleasantly fertile culture of debate, here especially in connection with fragrances that polarize and are between 4.5 and 6.5 points, not because everyone finds them equally mediocre, no, because some hate them deeply and others love them. This is particularly noticeable in designer fragrances that have become very popular (Invictus) or have been very popular (One Million or Lady Million). The last two examples show that Paco Rabanne is particularly affected by this situation.

Especially One Million, whose outstanding success has spread through the perfume community as Ed Hardy once did through the fashion industry. With the same result: At some point you got tired of him, at some point you could no longer smell that headache-causing and decadently sugary DNA. Every light comes to an end, and yet (or perhaps precisely because of that) One Million has both financially fulfilled its service to the house and awakened the interest of a whole generation of teenagers and young men and women in fragrances.

Double success for Paco Rabanne, who intends to continue to polarize, as you can easily see from their latest releases. So, just as One Million and Invictus have divided us snoopers into two camps since their inception, so does Pure XS, the fragrance I would call my first, which I intend to defend passionately against its sobering average rating, as enough people have done for the above two fragrances.

First of all: I consider the name of this EdT to be one of my absolute favourites: Pure excess I love the word "excess" because it sounds exactly like what it means. And that's how this scent smells the way it's called. It's loud, sweet and velvety from the start and radiates the aura of a club that can hardly escape from dancing, sweating people in chic evening wear, but also in simple C&A clothes, where both Kir Royal and Whisky-Cola are ordered at the bar, where the DJ could just as well play Goa to rave as Mallorca party poppers to roar along. No matter what, no matter how, main thing loud, main thing evening, main thing club.

The main thing is excess!

You can already tell that I consider the areas of application for this fragrance to be relatively limited. In the office, in the sun or during sports, this admittedly deliberately penetrating sugar shot makes no sense. You need a certain self-confidence to wear it and you should not overdo it with spraying, as the Sillage will penetrate and it will last the whole evening. For me, Pure XS is nothing more and nothing less than PR's answer to Eros, an equally loud club fragrance for the man who wants to have fun and also allows himself to go overboard. Only Eros is noticeably fresher, not least because of the mint, Pure XS is warmer, more sticky.

I stand by Pure XS, even though I've never been a great friend of One Million (don't ask me why, I don't know myself). A strong and loud, long lasting fragrance for the evening, who is not ashamed of his cola-cracker attitude and just lives it (was there anything better in the colorful bag from the kiosk than the cola-crackers? Exactly!).

The only thing I don't like about it is the bottle, whose cap cannot be removed completely, but is attached to one side like a Zippo lighter. This makes it difficult to apply the fragrance of the relatively wide bottle to different parts of the body. At least this has been removed from the "Pure XS Night" flanker, where it is completely removable.
The smoky 3 kings
After testing it over and over again, I was recently trigger-happy, and put my hand on a nice little 3-piece set of this eau de toilette.
I must admit, I am aware that Pure XS is more of a commercial success. One of the things that made me think and review was a YouTuber, which found the fragrance to be lastingly pleasant and individual.

I personally have always been fascinated by the bottle, hach... I just like it when it clicks. ;)

The set of 3 includes a 50ml bottle *click*, a 10ml travel pocket sprayer with contents, and a golden ball keychain I got it for the battle price of the (currently cheapest) normal 50ml bottle, so I couldn't and wouldn't resist ;) Sometimes you have to reward yourself after all!

And yes, I actually feel rewarded and not punished with the package. On the one hand, I think - and I'll get straight to the heart of the matter - incense scents from designers today are quite against the current. This can be supported on principle, because it supports the diversity, or rather the individualism of the wearer.
Since it is a designer fragrance, it is nevertheless suitable for the masses and easy to wear, and who like me has often played Amouage Jubilation XXV "casual" knows what I am talking about... ;P (By the way also with incense...)

By the way, it's actually myrrh, not incense in Pure XS... but for me the difference is not so obvious, both smell like "incense", and also produce such a cooling, smoky feeling in my throat when I breathe in.

Apropops both, I'm currently having Pure XS and Alien Man by Thierry Mugler compete against each other on my forearms. With the Alien it is again smoky beech wood, but for me it also smells like incense.
For me, both fragrances also somehow make the same thing, a sweet, smoky, slightly vanilla scent, mysterious but wearable.

As the third king to live up to my title, by the way, I am enthroned "This Is Him!" by Zadig & Voltaire. (Sprayed straight onto the arm...)
Likewise a frankincense, does something very similar again. Especially in the A/B test, I was surprised that the grapefruit in the opening is much more lively and dynamic... but will that make a difference in the drydown?

* TIME HAND... N471v3's moving fast 2 hours into the future, everything is flying... *

Okay, so here in the future, was...

...Zadig a little annoying and old-fashioned, very sacred. The grapefruit produces an exhausting aftertaste in the long run, as if someone had ... well, got rid of himself in church. "D I remember now why I never really liked him in the end. I think it's well done, but more "for fans"
...alien a little exhausting. Maybe it's also because of my testing method, because I keep smelling too close to it. But somehow this combination, which contains leather and apparently also a lot of osmanthus, does not quite excite me. I mean, okay, I'm thinking about purple aliens now... :D And it's not badly done either. But I don't think I'd buy it. The association with esotericism shop is too strong for me here.

...the "pure excess"... But somehow good (: For me clearly the most wearable of the 3, and also the one I would most likely wear. I also find it the most expressive, because the DNA gives the most besides smoke. Has something youthfully masculine about it, which makes me feel well dressed.

Closing words.
I think all three smoking kings have their right to exist. The Zadig is a little bit bad boy, but therefore partly exhausting, the Alien a little bit spacy (different) but in the long run also almost too annoying. The Pure XS on the other hand remains solidly casual and usable, and is therefore the clear winner for me.

But I recommend everyone who is not averse to smoke, but is more at home in the mainstream / designer area, to try all 3, because I find the fragrance a cool twist, and in my opinion it scores with originality.

Darkbeat
Nothing risky, but yes very pleasant
This Pure XS is, like its brother Invictus, an easy-to-wear, beautiful and uncomplicated scent, with a moderate high performance, and that, just because of the last name, and how little risky it is, has become all success of this house for the masses.

The beginning is sweet and aromatic, nothing excessive or strident, a vanilla base with cinnamon and a touch of ginger and thyme that you like in the first inspiration, it is a sweet and very aromatic aroma with a spicy touch very attractive and easy to assimilate, Nothing risky and thought to please as many people as possible. Then, he makes his way, a note of liquor on a background of vanilla with cinnamon and some myrrh with leather, very interesting, the truth is that it has a certain generality, but I like it very much, that can not be criticized. This part of the perfume is the longest. In the end, the myrrh gradually becomes more blunt along with the leather and the cedar, leaving the vanilla almost in the background, creating a sweet, balsamic and faintly woody aroma, very beautiful and versatile.

It is a perfume without many complications that smells very good, if we add to that, a beautiful bottle, although with a complicated grip, an extensive marketing campaign and the last name Rabanne, sure success ...

The duration and wake is moderate high in both cases, the first impression is that it will be longer, but no, it sits on the skin and decreases progressively until about 6 hours or so, then you can continue feeling something else, but now it would be necessary to put the nose well to perceive it and that does not count for me anymore.

Versatile perfume, which can go well for any time, date or time, the truth is that although it feels a generic aroma, I liked it a lot, I recommend your test.
3.5
DerDefcon
Where can I get insulin as soon as possible?
I say it right at the beginning very clearly: I am not averse to sweet scents. After all, I wear Prada L'Homme Intense and also like L'Homme Ideal Eau de Parfum by Guerlain. The sweetness of these two scents, however, is one that rises pleasantly into my nose - something that is by no means the case with XS here.

In principle, one can say that the fragrance is very linear and there are no big surprises regarding the course. The opening is slightly fresh and alcoholic, but is immediately overrun by vanilla. I like vanilla in fragrances quite much and especially when it is accompanied by seasoning. However, the vanilla is not spiced here, but is complemented by even more sweetness and that was exactly the point where I just shook my head and said to myself: "No, this sample stays in the drawer and will never be touched again"
The sweetness is so sticky, synthetic and penetrating that it's just unpleasant. It is this typical "Hello here in me fragrance" that makes you think your own blood sugar level is skyrocketing. I don't take things like leather, cinnamon, etc. at all, but only a sweetened, synthetic-sticky vanilla sugar water, which - what a surprise - lasts quite a long time.

PS: The newly released XS Night, which also lurks here in my drawer, manages to outdo the penetrance of the normal XS - a real masterstroke, albeit in a negative sense.
Coca Cola Vanilla
Paco Rabanne Pure XS is one of the first fragrances I bought.
My passion for fragrances only started in September 2018 and this fragrance has an unforgettable fragrance DNA for me.
PR PXS smells like a masculine Coca Cola vanilla. Vanilla, cinnamon, sugar and musk can definitely be sniffed out. I still wonder where leather is supposed to be in this game
It's really only suitable for winter. Outdoor only, please. Indoors, you really don't do yourself any favors.

Pure XS has an incredible durability. 7 - 10 hours is definitely in. The sillage of the fragrance is also good.
For me it will always be a perfume that reminds me of the time and my beginnings of the hobby.
If you want to attract attention in winter and take a few compliments, you should take a closer look at this fragrance.
Name(.not.)Program
I've wanted to write this comment for half a year now. You really get to eat more these days! But it also has to do with whether you want to take your time. Mm, I'm not surprised...

This Rabanne is heavy from beginning to end, future, almost sticky. Constantly dominated by... nothing! This creation has little endurance and certainly no Sillage, no note really wants to take responsibility. I recognize old ginger and old thyme. Not dusty, but really old, withered. And a pinch of coarse cinnamon, vanilla, lots of sugar. Not Grandma's cough syrup, no, but Grand Aunt Elfriede's, who always has to make her mark. Result remains the same, cough syrup is cough syrup, cough syrup remains cough syrup!

Pure XS. At least somewhat imaginative, this phonogram; Pure Excess, in the context thus, pure excessiveness. Name obviously not program? But also here it's like with "Bleu de/Blöde Chanel": I think "Clear, undersize" is more fitting, it's also a bubbly little water. Unfortunately weak and neither interesting nor complex. Name so maybe program after all?

DanifraganceDanifragance 2 years ago
WoooW impresionante fragancia
CatarinaCatarina 2 years ago
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! but not bad at all!
AmberScentAmberScent 2 years ago
It's fruity fresh and sweet. Ok... it's synthetic also and smells of cherry coke and vanilla. So what! It's very pleasant anyway...
ScentsByKKScentsByKK 2 years ago
Long Lasting Vanilla Sweetness
DPArtistDPArtist 2 years ago
Kind of a paradox, vibrant & energising yet time cosy & warm, depending on sprays suited to night-clubbing OR cuddling by the fireplace!
ElysiumElysium 2 years ago
When sprayed on the skin it conveys a sensation of skin shivering with desire and burning with pleasure. Fresh spicy, boozy, woody, balsamic
Jazzy76Jazzy76 3 years ago
sweet and oriental-gourmand, although a little synthetic, it smells very good on my feminin skin too.Average to good sillage. I like it.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
Pure XS is the Pisang Ambon of perfumery. You either hate or love both the perfume and the liqueur.
For me they are excessively delicious.
HermeshHermesh 4 years ago
Pure XS, pure sweetness, pure syntetic.

by Spiff
by Spiff
by YKem
by YKem

Popular Paco Rabanne

1 Million Privé by Paco Rabanne La Nuit (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Lucky by Paco Rabanne La Nuit (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Paco Rabanne pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Ténéré (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Calandre (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Mētāl (Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Olympēa Intense by Paco Rabanne Olympēa Legend by Paco Rabanne Ultrared Man by Paco Rabanne Olympēa (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet Man (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Calandre (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Absolutely Gold by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Parfum by Paco Rabanne Invictus Aqua (2016) by Paco Rabanne XS pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Invictus Aqua (2018) by Paco Rabanne Lady Million Absolutely Gold by Paco Rabanne