Pure XS by Paco Rabanne

Pure XS is a perfume by Paco Rabanne for men and was released in 2017. The scent is sweet-synthetic. It is being marketed by Puig.

Ginger, Green plant juice, Thyme, Cinnamon, Vanilla, Leather, Liqueur, Musk, Myrrh, Sugar

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 18.04.2019

The face of the advertising campaign is Portuguese model Francisco Henriques, filmed by Johan Renck and photographed by Nathaniel Goldberg.

8.0 9.0 9.0 3.5/10

DerDefcon
Where can I get insulin as soon as possible?
I say it right at the beginning very clearly: I am not averse to sweet scents. After all, I wear Prada L'Homme Intense and also like L'Homme Ideal Eau de Parfum by Guerlain. The sweetness of these two scents, however, is one that rises pleasantly into my nose - something that is by no means the case with XS here.

In principle, one can say that the fragrance is very linear and there are no big surprises regarding the course. The opening is slightly fresh and alcoholic, but is immediately overrun by vanilla. I like vanilla in fragrances quite much and especially when it is accompanied by seasoning. However, the vanilla is not spiced here, but is complemented by even more sweetness and that was exactly the point where I just shook my head and said to myself: "No, this sample stays in the drawer and will never be touched again"
The sweetness is so sticky, synthetic and penetrating that it's just unpleasant. It is this typical "Hello here in me fragrance" that makes you think your own blood sugar level is skyrocketing. I don't take things like leather, cinnamon, etc. at all, but only a sweetened, synthetic-sticky vanilla sugar water, which - what a surprise - lasts quite a long time.

PS: The newly released XS Night, which also lurks here in my drawer, manages to outdo the penetrance of the normal XS - a real masterstroke, albeit in a negative sense.
7.0 9.0 9.0 10.0/10

Coca Cola Vanilla
Paco Rabanne Pure XS is one of the first fragrances I bought.
My passion for fragrances only started in September 2018 and this fragrance has an unforgettable fragrance DNA for me.
PR PXS smells like a masculine Coca Cola vanilla. Vanilla, cinnamon, sugar and musk can definitely be sniffed out. I still wonder where leather is supposed to be in this game
It's really only suitable for winter. Outdoor only, please. Indoors, you really don't do yourself any favors.

Pure XS has an incredible durability. 7 - 10 hours is definitely in. The sillage of the fragrance is also good.
For me it will always be a perfume that reminds me of the time and my beginnings of the hobby.
If you want to attract attention in winter and take a few compliments, you should take a closer look at this fragrance.
7.0 4.0 5.0 6.0/10

Name(.not.)Program
I've wanted to write this comment for half a year now. You really get to eat more these days! But it also has to do with whether you want to take your time. Mm, I'm not surprised...

This Rabanne is heavy from beginning to end, future, almost sticky. Constantly dominated by... nothing! This creation has little endurance and certainly no Sillage, no note really wants to take responsibility. I recognize old ginger and old thyme. Not dusty, but really old, withered. And a pinch of coarse cinnamon, vanilla, lots of sugar. Not Grandma's cough syrup, no, but Grand Aunt Elfriede's, who always has to make her mark. Result remains the same, cough syrup is cough syrup, cough syrup remains cough syrup!

Pure XS. At least somewhat imaginative, this phonogram; Pure Excess, in the context thus, pure excessiveness. Name obviously not program? But also here it's like with "Bleu de/Blöde Chanel": I think "Clear, undersize" is more fitting, it's also a bubbly little water. Unfortunately weak and neither interesting nor complex. Name so maybe program after all?
9.0 6.0 6.0 10.0/10

Pure eXceSs, or Pure SeX: That is the Question
First off, I'd like to say that I simply love this scent. There’s a lot of unfair hate for this fragrance, a lot of the hate could be just someone that walked by and smelled out of the bottle...
I bought this fragrance some months ago and then just waited for the right weather to come, and here we go. Pure XS is a fresh, green, vigorous, and oriental fragrance, a renewed version of the original XS which was first launched back in 1993... whoa! It's that kind of scent in line with recent 3.0 releases such as Dior Sauvage, Dylan Blue, and Bleu de Chanel just to mention a few, yet not a dupe of any of those. Gee, this is a love at first sniff affair. When sprayed on the skin it conveys a sensation of skin shivering with desire and burning with pleasure... shivering and burning altogether, what an intriguing oxymoron! It has a sweet and spicy aroma with the most potent notes being vanilla and ginger. Sweet but not too much, I get a lovely vanilla with myrrh and leather with spices. Hard to describe, but it has this semi-sweet tropical vibe. There's a freshness to it as well which rounds off the scent without being too warm or coying,

Now, coming to the scent. It is sexy, sexy and sexy. I just love this smell, and I do agree with Jeremy Fragrance, this scent has a boozy, lemon fizzy coke mixed with delicious vanilla and liquor accord. The very first whiff might give you that generic kind of feeling, a tad harsh, but then it grows warmer on you. The scent bursts open with a lot of spicy and pungent icy ginger, very common in modern fragrances, and an aromatic touch of thyme and some green accord. It's fresh, spicy fresh, and green. So sharp and tangy with a bright, lemony citrus note that feels cheerful and bubbly. Every so often the ginger peeks out and makes the whole thing a lot more unexpected.

The opening is followed by a boozy, toned down, and warmer heart. I've no clue which notes, once blended together, create such a tropical fruity vibe, anyway I just love it. The leathery accord used here is soft and mild, more similar to suede, closely akin to Aventus Creed leathery tones, and it perfectly marries the noble vanilla and cinnamon, I cannot stop smelling that heart. I love the use of spiced ginger and vanilla with this, really velvety and cozy and supremely infused with leather-liquor-musk inflections.

And then a soft, sugary, and a bit smoky dry down comes, while a sort of mineral note of incense adds a silvery touch. There are some holy places I always notice when I come out that my clothes have picked up a lingering scent of faded incense from the place, and a few stages of Pure XS are a dead ringer for that smell. If like me you love the idea of incense fragrances but find them too bitter on their own, this one could be worth a try. Woody base notes of blonde woods, resinous warm myrrh, sweet cinnamon, and kind of like sugar offer a balsamic and a little bit fumy trail. Then the more it dries down the more myrrh becomes pronounced. Don't get me wrong, but I seem to catch some floral notes in the base I am not able to associate with.

Fresh spicy, leathery, and fruity accords make a wonderful combo so Pure XS can be worn in cooler summer nights, yet it's perfect for the autumn months when the days are shorter and the dark nights draw in. It’s a clean and fresh smelling fragrance, but rather subtle! The projection of the scent is fairly moderate, after all, it is quite a subtle smelling fragrance. The longevity isn't as good as some of the other scents in the Paco Rabanne range, Invictus for instance. On my skin, it has good staying power for about 6 hours, and projects for 3 if you put more on. So, it is perfect for office but not for clubbing, too weak for competing with other beasts. Honestly, I don't know if PureXS is one of those fragrances that turns heads, that is memorable, that is bold, sexy, and give you confidence, yet I know that I love it no matter what the hype believe as it’s completely different from most vanilla based fragrances.

-Elysium
10.0 8.0 8.0 9.0/10

JetonToni
The smell of a new car - this feeling captured in a fragrance!
Paco Rabbane´s Pure XS is for me a young classic of modern times. I had this fragrance 18-19 years ago in a similar form, in another fragrance that I bought in my home country Macedonia.
I can't remember the name, just so much, the fragrance was in an iron box. And there were numbers and letters (I think) on it.

Pure XS is nothing new, yet it is a young fragrance that could also be sold as an escadah fragrance for men. It smells fruity, slightly sweet, slightly tart, somewhat heavy, somewhat full-bodied and not simple.

It smells sweet the first moment, I mean a little apple. Also included is a slightly woody powdery note that gives an interesting twist to the "apple". He won't (unfortunately) be as sweet as some think about me. I also have no problems with sweet smells, but that depends as always on the skin chemistry.

A light alcoholic note is definitely there. It smells of liqueur or liquor. But it also smells attractive and aphrodisiac (yes, you hardly believe it). When the scent settles a little, it smells like musk. I used to have musk oil and Pure XS reminds me a lot. At the same time, it smells like the interior of a sinfully expensive car. Pure XS is a fragrance with many facets.

It's dawn, it's getting evening. He wants fun, dresses well and sprays himself with this "crazy Chameleon fragrance". Pure XS means having fun alive, seducing and fresh sweat blends with this fragrance. A symbiosis of fire, "crazyness" and joie de vivre is created.

And I indulged in this magic potion 2 weeks ago in 100 ml, thanks to some vouchers I could buy it for the price of the 50 ml fragrance and thus it is still in bearable frame. I occasionally get compliments and I myself am just delighted and lead my sprayed back of my hand to the nose, So, it also has an attraction on men and not only on ladies "laugh".

Especially this "musk note" makes me horny :)

Gives the fragrance a chance, but it won't be that sweet. The opening cap was copied by Armani Attitude and from the Must de Cartier line certainly "intentionally" :). Sillage and shelf life are worthy of a Paco Rabbane: the scent remains intense for 12 hours and Sillage is intense for the first 4-5 hours.

Pure XS will wipe out the new classic and the gold bar one! :).
8.0 7.0 7.0 9.5/10

The happy scent
Sometimes we are happy just because we feel happy. The unexplained happiness on me provokes some unexplained behaviours as well.
A few weeks ago I felt one of those strong bouts of unconscious bliss as I was wandering around by the offer of a perfume dealer on the internet. Ten minutes later I had bought Replay's "Stone for Him", Carolina Herrera's "212 VIP Black" and, noblesse oblige, Paco Rabanne's "Pure XS". Those who know me well, know that I hardly blind buy any of the above mentioned fragrances. Strangely enough, this unreasonable happiness continued to plague me for a few weeks. The consequence was to have continually used these three perfumes and enjoyed it ... and a lot.
When I am about to return to my routine of strong oriental spicy and woody perfumes, I have at least decided to leave these findings written, and in this case, about Pure XS.
What a surprising fragrance. I knew it should be sweet and balsamic but in this case we are talking about a linear development of a ginger candy with cinnamon and vanilla, sprinkled with balsamic sugar and spices, and accompanied by a caramelized liqueur. With the application of four sprays, I attracted the glances of all the greedy women who passed, that is, of all the passing women. It was a somewhat surprising experience. Needless to say, I was surrendered to the power of these type of perfumes and with a natural curiosity to rehearse other similar tests.
For the record, I must inform you that I did not find the fragrance neither tiring nor cloying, and that I frankly enjoyed this balsamic sweetness that accompanied me for several hours, and that I will continue to use it. Despite all the sweetness and the synthetic notes, this fragrance "sits" very well on the skin, and makes us believe that it is a clean and sweet but natural scent of the skin itself.

How will this gem go through the trials and tribulations of mathematical ratings?
- Scent opening............9.5 (pleasuring linear sweetness burst)
- Scent Dry Down.........9.5 (pleasuring linear sweet drydown)
- Longevity....................6.5 (up to 6~7 hours on my skin, with 3 sprays - under average for a sweet scent)
- Sillage..........................6.5 (sillage peak up to 4~5 feet; projection for 1.5 hours - under average for a sweet scent)
- Versatility....................9.5 (Just avoid extreme hot or cold weather)
- Usability......................8.0 (average for the office and daily use; exceptional for a night out, clubbing and social events; underspray for dates and intimacy)
- Compliments.............10.0 (it will get you a huge amount of ladies compliments because you smell gourmandly sweet! "sweet and dear" was one of the compliments I received :-)
- Uniqueness.................9.0 (the 3 fragrances I mentioned - Pure XS / 212 VIP Black / Stone for Him - provoke the same reactions but they are not similar fragrances)
- Quality.........................7.5 (Very enjoyable but VERY synthetic; dificult to spray with the Zippo lighter type of cap)
- Presentation................9.5 (Almost faultless - very nice flask)
- Price..............................7.5 (€50 for first 100 ml non tester; €35 for my 2nd bottle two months later; Probably price will come down further still)

- Average:......................8.45/10.00
between 7 and 8 => above average;
between 8 and 9 => recommended;
equal or bigger than 9 => don't miss it;

Opinion on "Pure XS ":
I had so much fun. Due to my current mood I think it really is a masterpiece. Maybe I will change my mind if I get tired of this fragrance but I do not think that will happen. It's a bit pricy still. Price will surely come down further in a near future.
I may complain about the under average performance. However a bigger performance could also mean a cloying fragrance. So it's better to leave it as it is.
I just did not like the Zippo type lighter cap. It is a stylish cover, but causing some difficulty in handling the sprayer.
Blind buy worthy? No! Test it on your skin before any buying decision.

Music: Otis Redding – The Happy Song (Dum-Dum)

RobinM10
The desired effect failed to materialize, but...
Due to the previous reviews (mostly female) I went to test the Pure XS with my wife. As great as the anticipation was with me was the disillusionment.
The bottle makes an attractive impression and raised expectations again. At the first attempt in everyday life I didn't like the durability, but the initial impression was very good, at least for me. Later in the evening I sprayed again and "tested" the effect on my girlfriend (21 young years old). To cut a long story short, she absolutely didn't like it. For you it smelled too much like a mainstream shopping mile.

Positive: It's just not her taste and the old classics of my collection have not lost their effect on her yet.

The positive: For me it is a good change in the working day and for evenings in the bar with the buddies it is always okay. The same goes for the waitress in our regular pub. But she doesn't have to like it. ;)

The "negative": Not every female nose ticks the same and therefore there is no guarantee for a fragrance. However, as I said, it is always in the nose of the observer.

Conclusion: A fancy bottle, a moderate shelf life for me and a sillage which is very enjoyable for some and too mainstream for others. You can always try it out, but not with too high expectations.
8.0 8.0 9.0 7.0/10

Anti-anti-mainstream mainstream.
So there it is also here, in my new hobby world: The Anti-Mainstream. Just because something appeals to a lot of people makes it per se - bad. Real gamers only gamble hardcore or crowd found indie games, depending on the religion, a real mountain biker doesn't buy in a DIY store, movies must be demanding or absurd. No cineaste regularly goes to Otto normal cinemas. Whoever listens to the usual radio stations is a superficial buffoon etc...
Please do not misunderstand; Those who delve deeper into a matter perceive nuances, see more differentiated, more trained, perhaps also blunt a little, but in any case have higher or at least other demands. Those who lose their openness to simple impressions and smile at the uninitiated, however, deprive themselves of the playful lightness that such a leisure activity can have. He quickly finds himself forced to keep the uninitiated outside and to defend the "us" of those who, on the basis of their self-recognized competence, are allowed to allow themselves to be judged anew.
So I explain the 5.4 for this fragrance here - as a fortress against the mainstream. If you like it, you're not one of us. He doesn't deserve that in my eyes, even though I hate him too. But one thing at a time: For me it starts fresh-citric-sweet, also scratchy and not very charming. This scratchy, herbaceous lemon cream runs very slowly to a much more peaceful, also creamy vanilla. Long lasting and with a good sillage until almost the end. For me also very unique, at least I wouldn't know of any fragrance that resembles it. Pure XS is synthetic but certainly not generic. If you are looking for a long-lasting sweet-citric summer scent that doesn't drift into the orange like Allure Homme Eau Extreme or Tonka, you should at least try it here. Its sweetness has nothing to do with 1 million, Spicebomb, Eros and Co, goes in a completely different direction. The bottle is interesting, though bulky.
I don't mean to say this scent doesn't polarize: I, too, have not yet been able to decide on a full bottle because it is simply too bulky and too loud; Im lacks the light, always portable, pleasant that I look for in a summer scent, especially at higher temperatures. To dismiss him as Plörre, however, does not do him justice, there would be here still completely other candidates, who have substantially less character, but are left by the Community in peace Simply test and decide for yourself!
6.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

Super sweet.
Beast mode right out the gate, OMG!
This is the fragrance you'd wear to announces your presents before you even walk into the room.
This is a sweet, fruity fragrance...The Liquor, Grapefruit & Myrrh are strong in this frag. I love the sweetness of this lovely fragrance because it reminds me of powerhouse frags from back in the day...Strong, long lasting, projects very well. If you like sweet frags, this is for you.
Straight sweet, fruity, spicy, beast mode.

I used four sprays...both wrist (with one spray, just tap them together), back & front of my neck and my chest.

Would I buy this again?...Yes(Once I finish my bottle).

Does this fragrance enter BEAST MODE, good, just okay or weak sauce at best? Sexy Beast Mode.

What's the strength of this? EDT.

Am I willing to trade this fragrance? No.

Should You Skipped It, Sample It First or Blind Buy It?
Sample it first, via Macy's etc...

Can you use it as a unisex scent? Yes(If she goes easy on the sprays).

Is it the old, new formulation? New.

What's its availability; in production, limited edition or discontinued? In production.

SKU Number: 3349668545728
Batch Number: 70541 (Production Date: February 23, 2017)
Age: 21+
From: Amazon
Size: 100ML
Scent: 5/5 (Nice).
Value: 3.25/5 (Cost $50.00).
Sillage: 5/5 (Six feet).
Longevity: 5/5 (Ten hours plus).
Creativity: 5/5 (Sweet Bomb & I'm loving it).
Projection: 4/5 (Two hours).
Versatility: 4/5 (Perfect for the mid-fall, early spring and all of winter, and great for any time of the day).
This is not meant for the heat, cold times only.
Compliments: 5/5 (Flawless victory).

Until next time, I'll catch you on the flipside.

The "One" Redux...

So, for my impressions with this one, I am reminded of The One for men by Dolce & Gabbana. I find Pure Excess extremely similar in that it is a warm, spicy oriental with ginger, amber, vanilla etc. Not only that, but it also has the same poor longevity of The One (or maybe even less) which would make me recommend this only for summer use in hot weather (and summer nights).

The perfumers here apparently wanted to evoke the smell of skin, and there are a few different perfumes that try to do that in fact. I do get the faint impression of warm skin and I think that this, coupled with the fact that the projection and longevity are not good enough to be worn throughout the day, I would recommend it for summer date nights with a significant other, and for use in intimate occasions.

As for myself, as I already own The One, I can't see myself purchasing this. However I would recommend it for summer date nights, as well as hot summer days, because this really only has the longevity of an eau de cologne, not an eau de toilette.

AmberScent 4 days ago
It's fruity fresh and sweet. Ok... it's synthetic also and smells of cherry coke and vanilla. So what! It's very pleasant anyway...+1
ScentsByKK 84 days ago
Long Lasting Vanilla Sweetness+1
5.0
DPArtist 104 days ago
Kind of a paradox, vibrant & energising yet time cosy & warm, depending on sprays suited to night-clubbing OR cuddling by the fireplace!+1
Elysium 182 days ago
When sprayed on the skin it conveys a sensation of skin shivering with desire and burning with pleasure. Fresh spicy, boozy, woody, balsamic+3
9.0
10.0
Jazzy76 7 months ago
sweet and oriental-gourmand, although a little synthetic, it smells very good on my feminin skin too.Average to good sillage. I like it.
Carlitos01 9 months ago
Pure XS is the Pisang Ambon of perfumery. You either hate it or love it, both the perfume and the liqueur.
I think they are both delicious.+2
Hermesh 20 months ago
Pure XS, pure sweetness, pure syntetic.+1
4.0

by YKem
by YKem

Popular Paco Rabanne

1 Million (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Invictus (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Lady Million (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Paco Rabanne pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Olympéa (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Black XS (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet Man (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Black XS for Her (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Privé by Paco Rabanne Pure XS by Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet by Paco Rabanne Invictus Aqua (2016) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Intense by Paco Rabanne XS pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Lucky by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Absolutely Gold by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Cologne by Paco Rabanne Invictus Aqua (2018) by Paco Rabanne Olympéa Intense by Paco Rabanne Calandre (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne