Ultrared Man 2008

Ultrared Man by Paco Rabanne
Ultrared Man is a popular perfume by Paco Rabanne for men and was released in 2008. The scent is sweet-fruity. It was last marketed by Puig. Pronunciation

Daphné Bugey

Top Notes Top NotesBlood orangeBlood orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesPralinéPraliné
Tonka beanTonka bean
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouliPatchouli
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 11.10.2021.

Undecided
Preliminary:
I ordered this perfume through YouTube influences. With the hope that he has very great similarities to his big brother (Ultra Zest). So immediately browsed the Internet after the video and found him (for a theoretically discontinued perfume) "cheap".

To the fragrance:
Scent is ok but no WOW effect.
He starts lovely wobeinleifer the blood orange is only slightly noticeable in the background. Unfortunately, I hoped exactly from the orange more presence, so that the fragrance would have gotten a fruity kick.
From beginning to end a sweet fragrance we know that so with Paco Rabanne a la 1Million.
See the fragrance rather for going out / club or just in the winter while chilling on the couch.

Conclusion:
For 50€ a nice fragrance but in my opinion no must. Would not miss him if he disappears again from the market.

Paco Rabanne Ultrared Man
The blind-buy bandwagon isn't always a safe place. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. I too, succumbed to the hype with this fragrance. For 55 dollars (Canadian), I figured that it would be worth taking a chance on. I have a decant of Mugler Ultra Zest but I don't love it, it's a solid "like" though. I had a feeling that Ultrared Man was going to be better for me and I was right because I love this one (I find it more fresh than the Mugler.) I have very few summer time scents that I love on myself. I'm naturally geared toward winter time scents that are heavy and gourmand and have little to no citrus in them.
The only fragrance that I wore regularly last summer was Light Blue Eau Intense Dolce&Gabbana (the women's version.) That one smells great on me and I have received the most compliments on that scent than I have on any other fragrance that I own (by a mile.) I think that Ultrared is going to give it a run for it's money this summer!
It starts out heavy on the blood orange and has a really nice zing to it. Right away, you can detect the vanilla and it mixes with the orange seamlessly, definitely giving you the best possible Orange Creamsicle vibe. That impression remains but on a lower scale once patchouli joins the party, giving it a solid base and helping with the lasting power. The sweetness is there, bolstered by the praline but it's never cloying or sickening.
Overall, this is a solid fragrance and one of my best blind-buys ever. No regrets in picking this one up. Destined to be a new summer staple!

Sweet blood orange...
I was quite pleased when I got my hands on this discontinued scent at a cheap price, as it is reaching ridiculous prices on Ebay at the moment.
Initially starts out with a bang of sweet blood orange, and slowly the vanilla, "pralinelike" and tonka gourmand notes start blending in, and very well balanced too. The patchouli wasn't really showing to me.

This somehow reminds me of PRs Black XS L'Excess, only having replaced the pineapple with blood orange - but not quite as cloyingly sweet as the Black version.

Definitely a unisex smell, I could imagine it being suitable for clubbing and similar events, and I expect it to be targeted towards young/er people. Very nice, but honestly too sweet and candylike for me.

Sillage and longevity are really good though, even on my dry skin. I'd imagine that if you are into TM Ultra Zest but would like to try something sweeter, this might be right up your alley.

Sweet summer treat.
Smells like grapefruit cake, the one you'd get from the bakery section in your local supermarket.
Just wished it wasn't a skin scent after an hour.
Outside of that, it's an awesome scent.
I just got this bottle, but it's just under ten years old.
And I don't know how they keep or treated the bottle while they had it...maybe that's why it doesn't last long, but I bet it's a beast during the summer time.
I'll wear this again during the hot times.
This is a nice addition to my collection.
Man, it smells nice...but bring travel atomizers to fix the longevity issues.

I used six sprays...both wrist, back & front of my neck, chest, and front of my shirt.

Will I buy this again?...Yes(If I can find it).

What's the strength of this? EDT.

Can you use it as a unisex scent? No.

Am I willing to trade this fragrance? No.

Should You Skip It, Sample It First or Blind Buy It? I say Sample it first(It's super pricey).

Is it the old, new formulation? Old.

What's its availability; in production, limited edition or discontinued? It's discontinued.

SKU Number: 3349666006207 (Tester)
Batch Number: 9B01 (Production Date: February 2009)

Age: 25+
From: Facebook Group Swap
Size: 100 ML
Scent: 5/5 (Nice).
Value: 5/5 (Swap).
Sillage: 5/5 (Six feet easy).
Longevity: 2/5 (Four hours plus).
Creativity: 5/5 (Citrusy, sweet, tonka bean, vanilla bomb).
Projection: 2/5 (One hour).
Versatility: 5/5 (Anytime & anywhere).
Compliments: 5/5 (Nice).

Until next time, I'll catch you on the flipside.

Ultrasweet
Powerful and sweet. Smells like Black XS with oranges.

If you like sweet fragrances, this is a must have: blood orange with praline and vanilla.

Unluckly it did not work for my skin... too sweet and cloying.

Updated January 2014

Super sweet
This smells of orange and cherry jellies; it is sweet to the point of giving a bad stomachache. The patchouli and tonka bean "man" it up a bit, but even I find this fragrance too sugary to enjoy. One spray is more than enough.

Aquarius1Aquarius1 3 months ago
A nice substitute for Ultra Zest, though not a 1 on 1 clone of it. Sweet, but can be pulled off in summertime. Performance is mediocre.
Lmr4j3ireLmr4j3ire 5 months ago
Smells as if you combined very bitter scent of a freshly peeled grapefruit with sweet, powdery-like vanilla. No resemblance to Ultra Zest.
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 6 months ago
Sweet orange + powdery vanilla, just awesome. It has a similar vibe as Invictus Victory. Sadly its discontinued.

by Notirotirito
by Notirotirito
Ultrared Man  von  Paco Rabanne
Ultrared Man von Paco Rabanne
Ultrared Man von Paco Rabanne
by Thecombad
by Thecombad

Popular Paco Rabanne

1 Million Privé by Paco Rabanne La Nuit (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Lucky by Paco Rabanne La Nuit (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Paco Rabanne pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Ténéré (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Mētāl (Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Olympēa Legend by Paco Rabanne Calandre (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Olympēa Intense by Paco Rabanne Olympēa (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Absolutely Gold by Paco Rabanne Calandre (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet Man (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Mētāl (Eau de Toilette) / Eau de Mētāl by Paco Rabanne Invictus Aqua (2016) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Parfum by Paco Rabanne Pure XS for Her by Paco Rabanne Invictus Aqua (2018) by Paco Rabanne XS pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne