Ultrared Man (2008)

Ultrared Man by Paco Rabanne

Ultrared Man is a popular perfume by Paco Rabanne for men and was released in 2008. The scent is sweet-fruity. It was last marketed by Puig.

Daphné Bugey

Top Notes Top NotesBlood orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesPraliné, Tonka bean
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Vanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 05.02.2020.

7.0 7.0 7.0 7.0/10

Sweet blood orange...
I was quite pleased when I got my hands on this discontinued scent at a cheap price, as it is reaching ridiculous prices on Ebay at the moment.
Initially starts out with a bang of sweet blood orange, and slowly the vanilla, "pralinelike" and tonka gourmand notes start blending in, and very well balanced too. The patchouli wasn't really showing to me.

This somehow reminds me of PRs Black XS L'Excess, only having replaced the pineapple with blood orange - but not quite as cloyingly sweet as the Black version.

Definitely a unisex smell, I could imagine it being suitable for clubbing and similar events, and I expect it to be targeted towards young/er people. Very nice, but honestly too sweet and candylike for me.

Sillage and longevity are really good though, even on my dry skin. I'd imagine that if you are into TM Ultra Zest but would like to try something sweeter, this might be right up your alley.
10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

Sweet summer treat.
Smells like grapefruit cake, the one you'd get from the bakery section in your local supermarket.
Just wished it wasn't a skin scent after an hour.
Outside of that, it's an awesome scent.
I just got this bottle, but it's just under ten years old.
And I don't know how they keep or treated the bottle while they had it...maybe that's why it doesn't last long, but I bet it's a beast during the summer time.
I'll wear this again during the hot times.
This is a nice addition to my collection.
Man, it smells nice...but bring travel atomizers to fix the longevity issues.

I used six sprays...both wrist, back & front of my neck, chest, and front of my shirt.

Will I buy this again?...Yes(If I can find it).

What's the strength of this? EDT.

Can you use it as a unisex scent? No.

Am I willing to trade this fragrance? No.

Should You Skip It, Sample It First or Blind Buy It? I say Sample it first(It's super pricey).

Is it the old, new formulation? Old.

What's its availability; in production, limited edition or discontinued? It's discontinued.

SKU Number: 3349666006207 (Tester)
Batch Number: 9B01 (Production Date: February 2009)

Age: 25+
From: Facebook Group Swap
Size: 100 ML
Scent: 5/5 (Nice).
Value: 5/5 (Swap).
Sillage: 5/5 (Six feet easy).
Longevity: 2/5 (Four hours plus).
Creativity: 5/5 (Citrusy, sweet, tonka bean, vanilla bomb).
Projection: 2/5 (One hour).
Versatility: 5/5 (Anytime & anywhere).
Compliments: 5/5 (Nice).

Until next time, I'll catch you on the flipside.
10.0 7.5 7.5 3.0/10

Ultrasweet
Powerful and sweet. Smells like Black XS with oranges.

If you like sweet fragrances, this is a must have: blood orange with praline and vanilla.

Unluckly it did not work for my skin... too sweet and cloying.

Updated January 2014

Super sweet
This smells of orange and cherry jellies; it is sweet to the point of giving a bad stomachache. The patchouli and tonka bean "man" it up a bit, but even I find this fragrance too sugary to enjoy. One spray is more than enough.

Ultrared Man  von  Paco Rabanne
Ultrared Man von Paco Rabanne
Ultrared Man von Paco Rabanne
by Thecombad
by Thecombad

Popular Paco Rabanne

Calandre (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Ténéré (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne La Nuit (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Paco Rabanne pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Lucky by Paco Rabanne Mētāl (Parfum) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Privé by Paco Rabanne Olympēa Intense by Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet Man (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Sport de Paco Rabanne / Eau de Sport by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Absolutely Gold by Paco Rabanne Calandre (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Olympēa Legend by Paco Rabanne Invictus Aqua (2018) by Paco Rabanne Invictus Aqua (2016) by Paco Rabanne Olympēa (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Olympēa Aqua (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Black XS for Her (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Lady Million Absolutely Gold by Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet by Paco Rabanne