Ultraviolet 1999

Ultraviolet by Paco Rabanne
Ultraviolet is a perfume by Paco Rabanne for women and was released in 1999. The scent is floral-spicy. It is being marketed by Puig. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesChili, Blackberry
Heart Notes Heart NotesOsmanthus, Jasmine
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergris, Vanilla absolute

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 14.05.2021.

"The Color Purple" and Me - Of Great Dislike and Inner Values
A very good day to you, dear readers!

I start directly with a question: what is actually the (correct) plural form of Parfuma and Parfumo?
May I call you parfumi? Parfumas and Parfumos? Is the word even German, Italian or possibly even Russian?
Already at the introduction I seem to despair today. Wait until I take a closer look at the bottle.
By the way, you can find the perfume description from the next but one paragraph.

The color purple.
One or the other who has read something of mine before knows about my dislike for this color. I never tire of proclaiming it loudly.
"Purple," to me, is lilac appearing in droves, the smell of which I find unpleasant and far too strong from yards away.
Purple is also often infamous as the "color of unsatisfied women," and I remember too well the reaction, sounded in unison, when once in my life, at a wedding, I was forced to show up at the bride's request in purple frock, a pompous dress with a bow that measured about half my height.
"Purple is what comes out when you subtract from blue and red, respectively, what distinguishes those same colors. It is unsatisfactory in terms of formation." my physics teacher had once crooned it, perhaps the cleverest words of his career as a teacher and possibly at the same time an approach to explaining the transfer of meaning of this color into a sexual context.
Purple was also the favorite color of an older "cousin" of mine whose clothes I had to wear as a child. What came of putting x number of too big dresses and tops on a child five years younger? Hopefully there aren't too many photos of that, because I was able to catch on very quickly and continue to help myself to my brothers' wardrobe, in which you would never have detected even a hint of purple. Since my brothers are pretty much the coolest people in this universe, I think it's obvious to everyone what the conclusion is.
"The Color Purple" gave me absolute overkill in a different way, though: in the form of a Steven Spielberg film that I had to watch in the original English at the age of six (since it hadn't been dubbed into Russian, at the time anyway).
With a probability of almost 100%, this is(s) a masterpiece, the excellence of which, however, I cannot acknowledge or even judge, as I will not watch it now as an adult.
"Purple" to me is the color of the stuff nightmares are made of.

So this bottle has been staring at me from afar, in its bizarre "I'm a broken UFO trying to pull a Donna Karan" form.
Ugly, incredibly ugly, and unwieldy to boot.
That what is contained in such a vessel consisting of ugliness can be well and good times beautiful and lovely, has proven besides the extraterrestrial jasmine bomb of Mugler Polli-Chicken^ already many times.
Therefore, I can not be deterred and dare death-defying the first spray (initially, however, on paper, because Paco Rabanne should now really not per se inner values and a heart of gold impute).
Fan fan fan. Uh là là. What is that?
There's a bit of spice and soap in the air. Since the place is almost empty, that can only be from me.
So I spray one on my wrist. It smells fruity and I have an association of a toy made of wood that smells like blackberry, which you can rub and afterwards your fingers smell like blackberry (and are a bit discolored). There used to be something like that for us, for example for department stores, I think anyway (I don't know the name, hopefully there was in Germany too).
The spice I can not define, but chili it is not for my nose. It is also rather several spices mixed together, because the impressions that reach my nose vary.
During a walk, this pleasant soapy smell wafts around me, becoming more floral, creamy and making me think of Nivea. Maybe that's osmanthus, because I have absolutely no idea what osmanthus smells like. But it seems like it would be a perfect dance partner to join jasmine in a long, ravishing waltz on the dance floor (I'd rather watch, with my two left feet).
A few hours later, the sweetness has subsided, the scent is still floral, slightly creamy, but above all feminine.
This is exactly how I haven't smelled it before, so if "Ultraviolet" is hinting at being outside the usual spectrum: Okay.
He has not really pulled me out of the socks, however, my nose has flattered and my ego felt a little bit winged and the art of debauched exaggeration have the designers probably still a little better than me.
I would never buy "Ultraviolet" because of the bottle alone and also this is not a fragrance that seems to be created for me.
But it is beautiful, a choice you could make whenever you can't decide - and always be right.
I can't think of an inappropriate occasion for the comrade here - and would be very happy to watch it on a man someday.
I guess this is one of those things, then, for which perfumistas and perfumistos invented the word "everwalker".
Because "Ultraviolet", as abgespacet he may sound and look, always goes.
^ Dear Polli Chicken, if you're reading this: you know I think purple is cute only on purple chickens and appreciate your expertise and charming nature above all else.
2.5

For the Grown Modern Woman
To me, Paco Rabanne has mastered the non-sugary, non-heavily-animalic modern scent for grown women. Like Metal, Ultraviolet is another winner with its lovely osmanthus heart, made interesting and fresh by paprika and pimento. A light touch of ambergris and vanilla in the base gives it warmth. This is a truly beautiful light scent for spring and summer. It projects and lasts enough so you feel like you're wearing perfume instead of a skin scent. The only downside is the horrible egg-shaped bottle which rolls all over the place and a top that hard's to get off. Get the flatter version if you can.
2.5

Violets and Osmanthus Sprinkled with Pepper
Unisex, unusual and abstract, Ultraviolet is a cool, green, peppery blend of osmanthus and violets. The pepper is hit and miss for me in perfumes, but in this composition it is played well with other notes. Interesting combination indeed. It has cool and relaxing vibe which makes it a great perfume for spring and summer time.

The pepper is a bit overpowering at first, but then the composition settles into a nicely balanced scent of osmanthus with slight hint of violets. I am not seeing violets as listed note on this site, but I definitely smell it here. Not usual sweet-natured, predominant violets, but more like a soft violet layer underneath the osmanthus cover. The composition remains light and refreshing. There are woody notes towards the dry down, which make this scent softer and smoother with slight natural sweetness.

Overall this is a nice composition, but I do not think that it is a blind buy material. I would definitely test it first. A note for violet lovers – not my favorite one for violets. There are much better violet scents that showcase the natural beauty of this flower. But if you are looking for a light and unusual spring scent and enjoy spicy-green-floral scents then give it a try. Overall score 7/10.

Jazzy76Jazzy76 1 year ago
In this scent which seems to come from the space the osmanthus and the berries dominate the accord with a warm-bitter result.Average sillage

by InTOXIcation
by Nikolina
by Sunnyiland
by Sunnyiland

Popular Paco Rabanne

1 Million Privé by Paco Rabanne La Nuit (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Lucky by Paco Rabanne La Nuit (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Paco Rabanne pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Ténéré (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Mētāl (Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Olympēa Intense by Paco Rabanne Calandre (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Ultrared Man by Paco Rabanne Olympēa Legend by Paco Rabanne Olympēa (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet Man (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Absolutely Gold by Paco Rabanne Mētāl (Eau de Toilette) / Eau de Mētāl by Paco Rabanne Calandre (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Lady Million Absolutely Gold by Paco Rabanne Invictus Aqua (2018) by Paco Rabanne Invictus Aqua (2016) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Parfum by Paco Rabanne