Ultraviolet Man (2001)Eau de Toilette

Ultraviolet Man (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne

Ultraviolet Man (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Paco Rabanne for men and was released in 2001. The scent is sweet-synthetic. It is being marketed by Puig.

Top Notes Top NotesRussian coriander, Italian mint
Heart Notes Heart NotesBlack pepper, Ambergris
Base Notes Base NotesCrystallized moss, Patchouli

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 15.12.2019.

10.0 6.0 7.0 8.0/10

Minimalist
Mint ice cream plus waffle with icing sugar plus a hint of cigarette smoke
Curious about the other comments, I tested Ultaviolet Man (UM) yesterday. And it is once again interesting how individually different perception is. The fragrance is unusual and innovative because it stands out from the rest. However, I had expected a techno-futuristic impact and an EdT, which for example could carry a character in "Tron". The design of the bottle also awakens such associations in me.

Instead UM reminds me of a summer evening in a street café in Italy. In front of me stands a peppermint ice cream with a warm waffle powdered with icing sugar. And my counterpart is lighting a cigarette whose smoke mixes a little with the mint aroma and the sweetness of the waffle. Since hardly anyone smokes today, this scenario is also in the past - which gives the whole a slightly nostalgic touch.

Before someone feels deterred by the "cigarette smoke" aroma: This is extremely discreet and stays in the background. Overall I find UM to be very pleasant and harmonious. He's out of the question for me for now. I find it too soft and too sweet.
8.0 8.0 9.0/10

Bernado77
Please don't become mainstream!
I actually have a problem with scents worn by certain people, in too high a dosage for certain purposes. Admittedly, I exaggerate the dosage of my perfume myself from time to time. This may sound paradoxical and probably is, but I like to smell good????.
However, I don't like it if I'm put into a drawer immediately because of that, so I have a problem with all these mainstream scents. Who wants to smell like every other guy on the street!
The scent itself.
Linear or uncompromising?
Probably it is a matter of interpretation and as always with Paco Rabanne fragrances, he does not appear very quiet or reserved.
Freshly minty, at the same time sweetly oriental after Patchouli it starts and remains so, the entire course of fragrance over. It comes after a good hour, a component slightly reminiscent of a higher quality "Irish moss" added. Not very complex, but never cheap and always fresh-sweet. Even if this is not a perfume criterion for me, it is a real magnet for compliments! But probably only with the right wearer and from my experience also with the Ü30 generation, which is more about the fragrance than the name or the image of the name, for the latter it is too little mainstream. Please stay in this quality where you are, neither niche, nor mainstream, neither too heavy, nor too light! Simply fresh Minty and slightly sweetish without everyone to please!
9.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

A really smelly buddy
First: I hate "One Million", yuck, gross! ;-) UM by Paco Rabanne however is one of the oldest fragrances in my collection. I have often received compliments from the female side because of him. What more do you want? I don't wear it as often nowadays, but this is due to my curiosity for new things and my collection, which has grown considerably in the meantime. But I will always fall back on UM.

For me, this EDT is a constant, but I prefer to apply it in the evening rather than during the day. I would describe the scent as quite linear. Minty freshness cushions a certain basic sweetness. Both very pleasant. Perhaps UM could therefore be described as the Wrigley's of fragrances, although I don't think specifically of chewing gum when I smell it. UM awakens very few associations in me that make me think of familiar things from the kitchen, bathroom or nature. I mean that as a compliment, because this fragrance stands alone.

What is behind the fragrance type "synthetic" has not yet become quite clear to me. I may still be too lifeless! ;-) The fact is that most flavouring substances are nowadays synthetically produced. In this respect, this is neither a knockout nor an okay criterion for me. I just wanted to get rid of that.

If you are a "fresh type" like me and tend in a sweetish direction, but turn nasal at A*Men or Le Male, UM is a safe bench with more than sufficient durability and sillage
7.0 7.0 7.0 6.5/10

Soft-sweet fragrance.
My boyfriend has this EDT, so I can write a bit on how this projects on others.

All and all, this is a fragrance that starts as green/fresh with a great opening, and it turns into sweet/synthetic. It leaves a very nice, soft, and pleasant skinscent. Longevity is quite good, and sillage is quite soft, which is a good thing for these type of fragrances.

6,5/10
10.0 7.5 7.5 8.0/10

Full Of Mint
Minty Fragrance. Nice smell, Stylish Bottle. It stays 5 to 6 hours on my skin. Projection is good, Longevity is also good. I get many compliments. But do spray on cloths for more projection.

Black Light - Sweet Scent
by Thecombad
by WiseOwl
by WiseOwl

Popular Paco Rabanne

1 Million (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Invictus (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Lady Million (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Paco Rabanne pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Olympéa (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Black XS (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Privé by Paco Rabanne Black XS for Her (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Pure XS by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Lucky by Paco Rabanne Invictus Aqua (2016) by Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet by Paco Rabanne XS pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Invictus Aqua (2018) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Intense by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Cologne by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Absolutely Gold by Paco Rabanne Olympéa Intense by Paco Rabanne Invictus Intense by Paco Rabanne Pure XS for Her by Paco Rabanne