XS pour Homme (1993) Eau de Toilette

XS pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne

XS pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Paco Rabanne for men and was released in 1993. The scent is spicy-woody. It is being marketed by Puig.

Top Notes Top NotesWild mint, Bergamot, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesJuniper berry, Coriander, Geranium
Base Notes Base NotesCedarwood, Sandalwood, Rosemary, Oakmoss

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 18.03.2019

The bottle was re-designed in 2018.

5.0 8.0 7.0 8.0/10
Locke93
Memory search in the '90s.
I totally like the smell! A little the "Poor Mens" Himalaya, a little brighter, not quite soapy-noble. The bottle and the name, on the other hand, unfortunately suggest a totally wrong impression of this fragrance, which has been on the market since 1993.
I really like the fragrance very much, it reminds me of some beautiful memory from my past, only I am still looking for which one. I myself also saw the light of day in 1993. :-)
The current bottle, on the other hand, is the worst one, made cheapest for a "designer" who has ever got his hands on me. Unfortunately there is also a wrong construction :(
Please bear with me that I don't go into the individual notes, but I simply can't do that with this fragrance, it is for me much more the search for this memory and indulge in these "hunches", I don't want to take this magic through an "analysis".

UPDATE! I had been echauffiert over the flap mechanism of the flacon, I withdraw this in parts!... The lid can be opened to 180 degrees, it feels very "strange" in the beginning and you are afraid to destroy the in the beginning very nice but inferior lid mechanism.
As already noticed by some forum members, the lid has already been "consumer-friendly" removed in many shops, or only "put on".
7.0 7.0 8.0 7.0/10
KLewis
Clean, citrus and wood scent.
I bought this as a blind buy when I saw it for £15 for 30ml. I did a quick bit of research before buying and most are saying that it's a clean, masculine scent and pretty good quality... They right!

Upon first spray I get a nice fresh scent with a bit of citrus, but not overpowering, which then starts to dry down to bring in the rosewood and sandalwood, again not overpowering and keeping the scent smelling clean and fresh.

To me, there is nothing special about this fragrance, it's how I would expect a generic masculine fragrance to smell with it being clean, fresh and good for everyday use. I haven't yet tried Creed Himalaya so I'm not able to comment on the likeness between these two scents, but if everyone is correct with their comparisons then this would be a no brainer for any Himalaya fan just because of the price difference.
8.0/10
Scentemental
Brilliant! An olfactory sunset.
Paco Rabanne XS has been around for twenty years for good reason, it is an excellent fragrance that balances its notes wonderfully. I found this fragrance hard to describe when I first got it, but after having it a few years I know that the 'big players' in the notes are citrus, woods, juniper and geranium.

The juniper and herbal notes such as rosemary give this a strong aromatic quality (especially the juniper). These are tempered by the citrus, which is itself restrained by the mint. The floral notes, mainly the geranium softens the whole effect. Rosewood adds sweetness, but not in a cloying way.

The fragrance is rich and has a wide range of notes. To some it may smell generic, another woody citrus, but this is not a fair evaluation in my opinion. It is a lot more sophisticated than the myriad of woody citrus fragrances on the market today: it's a bit like an olfactory fractal, the more you focus on it, the more you find.

I see a similarity with ck One which came a year after. To use an analogy: XS is like a sunset, with rich yellows, burnt oranges fading to greenish yellow above the horizon. Calvin Klein one is the same view ten minutes later, when the sun has set, thin ghostly yellows fade to greens and greys. The use of citrus is both fragrances is masterful, restrained and modified by accompanying notes.
7.5 5.0 5.0 8.0/10
Classic!
That's a classic for me. Great smell, very unique when released.

Opens a little herbal with mint and geranium.

The drydown of this fragrance is wonderful.

The base is basically woody - rosewood and santal - smells very elegant and not overpowering.

Projection, sillage and lasting power are average.

Also, smells close to Creed Himalaya but it costs 1/4 the price.

Updated September 2014

KLewis 7 months ago
How I would expect a generic masculine fragrance to smell. Clean, fresh and good for everyday use.

by Miaw2
by Michael
by Thecombad
by Thecombad

Popular Paco Rabanne

1 Million (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Invictus (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Lady Million (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Paco Rabanne pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Olympéa (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Black XS (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet Man (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Black XS for Her (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Privé by Paco Rabanne Pure XS by Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet by Paco Rabanne Invictus Aqua (2016) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Intense by Paco Rabanne XS pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Absolutely Gold by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Lucky by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Cologne by Paco Rabanne Olympéa Intense by Paco Rabanne Invictus Aqua (2018) by Paco Rabanne Calandre (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne