Phantom 2021

Phantom by Paco Rabanne
Phantom is a new perfume by Paco Rabanne for men and was released in 2021. The scent is sweet-synthetic. It is being marketed by Puig.

Provençal lavender absoluteProvençal lavender absolute Italian lemon zestItalian lemon zest RhubarbRhubarb Fruity notesFruity notes Clary sageClary sage Indonesian patchouliIndonesian patchouli Vanilla absoluteVanilla absolute Haitian vetiverHaitian vetiver

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 27.05.2022.

The faces of the advertising campaign are models David Trulík and Kristina Grikaite, filmed by Antoine Bardou-Jacquet.

PedroCabral
This is a joke right? Well, it looks like a toy...
What a bland perfume. A nice bottle like that for such a silly and unoriginal fragrance?

The smell isn't bad, but it's a totally messy scent. It is citrusy and slightly sweet. There are times when it reminded me of the smell of lemon pie from the supermarket.

Bad performance. An advertisement that suggests something partying and potent, but it is an extremely weak perfume.

The only nice thing about this perfume is the bottle itself, but for the asking price? NEVER worth it. It won't add anything to the collection. If you want a fresh scent there are other options. Sweet and party perfumes too. Another beaten, messy and forgettable perfume.
0.5

Awful Fragrance
Sorry to write this, but Phantom by Paco Rabanne is one of the worst fragrance I ever tested.
This fragrance is absolutely disgusting...( Personal opinion)
Simply not good for me, nothing much else to say.
The bottle is unique that's true but I don't recommend buying it blindly, test it before.

FantOmaSS
Phantom, the perfume for childrens.
Well, what can i say...
Ouch Ouch Ouch, this is worse than i could imagine.
Very synthetic opening. (I am already not far from disgust).
Once again we ​​recognize the DNA and the "paw" Rabanne.
Anne Flipo, Dominique Ropion, Juliette Karagueuzoglou, Loc Dong, the Avengers, otherwise called the 4 fantastic of mainstream perfumery...
In short, the fine IFF team is behind this olfactive crap.
Because if these are indeed adults who made the perfume, one wonders who was supervised them...
We tell ourselves that even before smelling, it already smells bad.
This perfume did not leave a very good impression on me, right from the opening...
One of the worst uses for lavender i have ever smelled.
A ton of synthetic Tonka/vanilla/lavender at the opening, too much dosed making the whole almost unbearable and really disgusting.
Personally, i hate these heavy frags of vanilla, Tonka, lavender, sugar on all floors...
So we find ourselves here with notes thrown in a total intergalactic mess.
I really have the feeling lately that all perfumes of this genre are alike.
So, Sir Rabanne, Gaultier etc... Please improve your classics rather than trying to lay us a new cake every time.
This one is unfortunately one more example.
Needless to say, you'll recognize Invictus almost immediately.
A creamy lemon on the opening that ends in a sweet and syrupy smell...
I won't go so far as to say it's a carbon copy of Invictus, but almost.
A sort of mix between Black XS/Invictus if you want my opinion, the praline side in less.
Please don't buy this if you have good taste, and over 18.
In the end, it's too commonplace and boring, and it sorely lacks subtlety.
The kind of juice that will give me a really big headache...
Sillage and longevity in tune with the times, neither too strong nor too little, and it's much better that way.
And this TV marketing...
The brand claims a connected fragrance.
The question is: Connected to what?
The truth is that we are not in the perfume, but much closer to a Disney Land attraction...
As for the "bottle"... All that is missing is an ON/OFF button.
This little robot is cute, but hey...
A mix of R2-D2, of Nono the Little Robot... We don't really know, and we don't want to know it.
And then... Give the name of Phantom while the bottle is a robot... WTF
In short, a deplorable level.
What will this good old Paco do for us in the future? A bottle with the image of the alien from Roswell?
Conclusion: A single merit, the flop, and what to take people for idiots.
We are here in the presence of the olfactory horror of the year.
Mister Rabanne please, a bit of seriousness.
A nice gift for the kid ne to put at the foot of the Christmas tree with a jar of Vivelle Dop gel to play the handsome kid at recess.
Nothing else. This is crap.
My rating: Come on, 2/10
4.5
DerJodler
1:1 Axe "Dark temptation"
Paco Rabanne Phantom just smells almost 1:1 like the Axe body spray "Dark Temptation" (you know, the one with the weird commercial where a person made of chocolate runs around and gets his body parts...bitten off by others?!). That is to say, sweet, heavy synthetics that you've seen in gym locker rooms from 8th graders using the aforementioned body spray as a "shower out of a can". Really gives you a headache and is absolutely not for me

Retro bottle / Teenagerly juice
The bottle design is retro and somewhat cute. I feel the NFC tag on top doesn't make it more interesting.
The scent starts with a scrambled mess of synthetic and citruses. As it takes time to evolve, it begins to settle for better. While the synthetic facet is still there, the scent becomes more fruity with the addition of a little bit of creamy and soapiness. It's sweet but not so much and not sickly at all. Besides, you would get a little bit of a gourmand vibe from it.
Final verdict: it doesn't add anything new to this style which is sweet and synthetic. It's somewhat a mess throughout its lifetime(more at the beginning, less as time goes by). The performance isn't groundbreaking and is okay. I'm kind of disappointed at the level of creativity seen here by these talented perfumers. If you dig the bottle design, check the scent too. It can be appealing to teenagers, Period.
Balloon at an 80s party
The new Paco I have surprisingly seen in the store even before I have noticed the advertising. The robot is already noticeable. An unusual flacon. Well, you can keep from him what you want.

The fragrance itself I my eighth very sweet, fruity and simply much. 1-2 sprays are quite enough and one is nebulized. He knows a great potential and the performance is a typical Paco Rabanne.
I admit, he seems a little like a teen fragrance. Artificial, plastic and not necessarily something for the office in the corporate board. For this he wants to stand out too clearly. In the club he goes certainly quite well.

Durability is also quite ok. On the clothes one takes him even days later still perceives.

Yes tvoi sluga
Yes tvoi rabotnik

We call ourselves Phantom
And work without electricity

We spray with mechanics
Smell full of synthetics

We are the robots

We are programmed for youth
sweet-muffled scent is executed

We are the robots

The toy bottle is a joke
Anyway - we are made for kids

We are the robots

The durability is eternally long
Here synthetics show what they can do

We are the robots

Four perfumers are to blame here
Only anti-cult
was created in the process

------------------------------------------------------

Freely adapted from the lyrics of the song: Wir sind die Roboter by Kraftwerk (Original Lyrics by Ralf Hütter / Florian Schneider-Esleben / Karl Bartos)
Synthetic pure
A fragrance for teenagers who would like to smell like an Axe deodorant. A very synthetic top note, then later vanilla and vetiver. Me altogether too sweet, too synthetic. Durability quite OK, sillage satisfactory especially at the beginning.I personally leave it standing in the store and will not buy it for myself. But the whole thing is like with many things simply a matter of taste
Nothing for adults
Loud, sweet fruity synthetic bomb in toy garb. I don't like the scent. I find it embarrassing. Just like I find pimped out junk cars, iced-out-chains or shooting off with friends on Friday with the cheapest whiskey and an Aldi Cola embarrassing. But there was a time when you didn't have style and you didn't understand adults. If the adults at the table an evening philosophized about wine and you thought "but it does not matter if there is a slight apple note in the finish, the main thing that bangs".

What I want to say is that this fragrance for exactly these, from today's perspective embarrassing teenagers, fits perfectly. The fragrance, the bottle and the advertising are designed for this audience.

Longevity and sillage are strong. I can smell the Phantom an arm's length away for 8-10 hours.
Unfortunately, I don't have a teenage nose, so I can't say how "well" the scent will be received by or smell for this target audience.

Finally, I would like to appeal to all gourmets, connoisseurs and fragrance experts over 20 to see the fragrance for what it is. A cheap whiskey-Aldi-Cola mixture that just pops and for teenagers to 20 is quite sufficient.

Vanilla scented candle
I received a sample of Phantom with my order of Acqua di Gio Profondo. I love the zesty Profondo, and vanilla, lavender and vetiver are some of my favourite notes. On paper, I should like Phantom; but I am also aware of its criticisms having read reviews elsewhere. Intrigued, I spray it on and tentatively put my nose to it. The opening was sharp, sugary, vanillic, waxy and very synthetic. It smelled of something very familiar and it took me a moment to realise what it was. A vanilla scented candle.

As a fragrance novice, I am very easy to please. I tend to enjoy scents that have been criticised heavily (for example, Y EdT) and I do not take my fragrance journey very seriously. Unfortunately, not even I can will myself to like Phantom. I like lemon, but not like this. I like vanilla, but not like this. I like lavender, but not like this. If the opening smells like a burning vanilla scented candle, the dry down smells like the candle when it is cool - faint and chemical. I cannot imagine anyone rushing out to buy this, unless they want to smell like a scented candle.

HubertGHubertG 5 months ago
pass, don't waste your time, useless, cheap toilet air freshener, didn't like it at all
Arman038Arman038 6 months ago
A very sweet, synthetic and strong citrusy scent for younger guys. The opening isn't too bad but after a while it becomes a bit cloying.
PedroCabralPedroCabral 7 months ago
It has a nice opening, but for me it's a weak fragrance. Linear aroma, which didn't fill my nose. Nothing new here!
RisingChaosRisingChaos 7 months ago
4.5
Vanillic sweet, fruity, aromatic. Apples and lemon most prominently, with lavender swirling about. Sweeter, more synthetic Eros w/o mint.
Nik604Nik604 8 months ago
The complete abomination in the modern fragrance world with huge steps
Aquarius1Aquarius1 8 months ago
Too many cooks spoil the broth, this perfume is the solid proof of it. The opening is fine but the drydown is a mess.
BeginswithaJBeginswithaJ 8 months ago
Very uninspiring, bittersweet fruity mess with a cheap amberwoody base like so many others. Another Invictus from the same house.
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 9 months ago
catastrophic! passion fruit / rhubarb combo with masses of sugar. Smells like a children's drink of some kind. what were they thinking...
HugoMontezHugoMontez 10 months ago
Strange opening. Super fresh and bittersweet. Dries down to a more creamy sweetness. I kinda like it. It's funny, young and weird.

by Nw1990
by Nw1990
by DieEna89
by DieEna89
by Badh3ad
by Badh3ad

Popular by Paco Rabanne

1 Million Privé by Paco Rabanne Ultrared Man by Paco Rabanne La Nuit (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Lucky by Paco Rabanne La Nuit (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Olympēa Legend by Paco Rabanne Paco Rabanne pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Ténéré (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Olympēa Intense by Paco Rabanne Mētāl (Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Calandre (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Olympēa (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Parfum by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Absolutely Gold by Paco Rabanne Pure XS for Her by Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet Man (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Calandre (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Mētāl (Eau de Toilette) / Eau de Mētāl by Paco Rabanne Invictus Aqua (2016) by Paco Rabanne Invictus Aqua (2018) by Paco Rabanne