Phantom 2021

Phantom by Paco Rabanne
Phantom is a new perfume by Paco Rabanne for men and was released in 2021. The scent is sweet-synthetic. It is being marketed by Puig.

Provençal lavender absoluteProvençal lavender absolute
Italian lemon zestItalian lemon zest
RhubarbRhubarb
Fruity notesFruity notes
Clary sageClary sage
Indonesian patchouliIndonesian patchouli
Vanilla absoluteVanilla absolute
Haitian vetiverHaitian vetiver

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 16.10.2021.

The faces of the advertising campaign are models David Trulík and Kristina Grikaite, filmed by Antoine Bardou-Jacquet.

Yes tvoi sluga
Yes tvoi rabotnik

We call ourselves Phantom
And work without electricity

We spray with mechanics
Smell full of synthetics

We are the robots

We are programmed for youth
sweet-muffled scent is executed

We are the robots

The toy bottle is a joke
Anyway - we are made for kids

We are the robots

The durability is eternally long
Here synthetics show what they can do

We are the robots

Four perfumers are to blame here
Only anti-cult
was created in the process

------------------------------------------------------

Freely adapted from the lyrics of the song: Wir sind die Roboter by Kraftwerk (Original Lyrics by Ralf Hütter / Florian Schneider-Esleben / Karl Bartos)
Synthetic pure
A fragrance for teenagers who would like to smell like an Axe deodorant. A very synthetic top note, then later vanilla and vetiver. Me altogether too sweet, too synthetic. Durability quite OK, sillage satisfactory especially at the beginning.I personally leave it standing in the store and will not buy it for myself. But the whole thing is like with many things simply a matter of taste
Nothing for adults
Loud, sweet fruity synthetic bomb in toy garb. I don't like the scent. I find it embarrassing. Just like I find pimped out junk cars, iced-out-chains or shooting off with friends on Friday with the cheapest whiskey and an Aldi Cola embarrassing. But there was a time when you didn't have style and you didn't understand adults. If the adults at the table an evening philosophized about wine and you thought "but it does not matter if there is a slight apple note in the finish, the main thing that bangs".

What I want to say is that this fragrance for exactly these, from today's perspective embarrassing teenagers, fits perfectly. The fragrance, the bottle and the advertising are designed for this audience.

Longevity and sillage are strong. I can smell the Phantom an arm's length away for 8-10 hours.
Unfortunately, I don't have a teenage nose, so I can't say how "well" the scent will be received by or smell for this target audience.

Finally, I would like to appeal to all gourmets, connoisseurs and fragrance experts over 20 to see the fragrance for what it is. A cheap whiskey-Aldi-Cola mixture that just pops and for teenagers to 20 is quite sufficient.

Vanilla scented candle
I received a sample of Phantom with my order of Acqua di Gio Profondo. I love the zesty Profondo, and vanilla, lavender and vetiver are some of my favourite notes. On paper, I should like Phantom; but I am also aware of its criticisms having read reviews elsewhere. Intrigued, I spray it on and tentatively put my nose to it. The opening was sharp, sugary, vanillic, waxy and very synthetic. It smelled of something very familiar and it took me a moment to realise what it was. A vanilla scented candle.

As a fragrance novice, I am very easy to please. I tend to enjoy scents that have been criticised heavily (for example, Y EdT) and I do not take my fragrance journey very seriously. Unfortunately, not even I can will myself to like Phantom. I like lemon, but not like this. I like vanilla, but not like this. I like lavender, but not like this. If the opening smells like a burning vanilla scented candle, the dry down smells like the candle when it is cool - faint and chemical. I cannot imagine anyone rushing out to buy this, unless they want to smell like a scented candle.
4.5

Chnokfir
No "Domo arigato misuta Robotto"
There's no other way to say it, I was olfactorically influenced by Italian fragrance classics. One of them was clearly "Paco Rabanne pour Homme" - a fragrance as old as I am, classic, green, spicy, a little barbershop, just wonderful. Since then I am happy about every new release from that house. The fresher "Paco Rabanne pour Homme Eau" then also became my signature scent for a few years until it was discontinued. But the more plastic was used in the individual bottles since the millennium, the less I could do with the respective fragrances. But I was sure, Phantom must also be tested, each gets its fair chance.

The specially for this fragrance set up display was then also hard to miss at Douglas. On it some silver boxes with the big name and the somewhat smaller robot on it. So far, so simple, everything still acceptable. Next to it, two saleswomen are frantically discussing, one is playing around with a bottle, or rather, with its individual parts. Apparently this toy robot from the Far East wouldn't even survive the first hour of excited play after being unpacked under a Christmas tree. Broken off, sharp-edged and pointed individual parts, a colleague rushes over with a new tester. I finger the new tester: Yes, seems to be a thin-walled plastic construction of the kind that likes to break quickly once. Although the atomizer makes a pretty good impression, I wonder if this is supposed to be a refill that will last for a long time? Who has a soft spot for Japanese science fiction of the 1950s and 1960s with the associated films and toys, which will hardly come past this bottle and place it in the showcase.

Two sprays on the back of the hand and I immediately ask myself the question, whether I would not like to undergo better equal ritual ablutions. A few minutes later on the open street, my wife wants to drag me by force into the next department store, to perform this procedure on me in person in the customer toilet.

With the first gush overcomes one a rich load of sweet fruitiness, which within minutes turns into a fruity sweetness and is accompanied by a slight metallic note of lavender. All half bad if it weren't for a chord, nay, a crescendo of sticky sweet chords that build to a fortissimo forte of patchouli, vanilla and probably tonka. Wouldn't be so bad, perhaps, if this weren't all at once, so intense, so synthetically vehement in its expression and, above all, already so familiar through so many other designer fragrances in this or similar combinations. No, this fragrance offers truly nothing new, even in the combination of its individual notes.

A "phantom" should be this fragrance, so a mirage, a ghost. Consequently, rather a light appearance. But for this, this fragrance with the initial chord is much too intense, too loud, too dominant. However, as the fruits quickly hide behind patchouli and vanilla, the initial chord swells reasonably quickly, the familiar, slightly oriental sweetness remains. It is less of a nuisance to one's own nose, probably for reasons of self-protection a certain habituation sets in. For the environment, however, it remains longer clearly beyond the arm's length just as clearly sweet perceptible. I attest the fragrance an impressively above-average durability of over 12 hours nowadays and even the next morning you can still sniff out sweet remnants on the skin.

No, I don't like the scent. Too sweet, too synthetic, too bold, too annoying. But it seems to be for some years exactly what so many distinguished young men are looking for in so many designer fragrances. So if you feel at home with "Invictus" and "1 Million" and its numerous flankers and friends, you should definitely also try "Phantom".

A "Domo arigato misuta Robotto" does not want to come over my lips with this perfume, neither for the fragrance, nor for the bottle. But probably the machines have already taken over the world, but to me old man went completely past that again. Must soon necessarily "Matrix 4" look, red or blue pill ...
Smells 1:1 after Axe Dark Temptation - Ridiculous
I have never been so disappointed by a perfume. It smells 1:1 like the sweet smelling 2-3€ Axe deodorants that you sprayed through your locker room after sixth grade gym. Back in 2013, that's what Axe deodorants smelled like. So it may be that they smell a little different now. But if an Axe deodorant from 2010-2013 smells EXACTLY like this perfume? Then that's absolutely ridiculous. If you are 15 years old and want to smell like this perfume: Just get a sweet smelling Axe deodorant for a LITTLE of the price.
Ssmu
How do I stand out as a teen at a party?
Seeth this review in combination with party please not in the context of the pandemic, but for what the fragrance is quite suitable.
The fragrance I see on a boy around 16, who perhaps, if it is allowed again, goes to party and wants to stand out with his fragrance and does not want to wear a standard like 1 million.

The opening I actually find relatively good, although it is very indefinable and extremely synthetic. However, the fragrance has quite an interesting, sour twist that actually pulls through to the end. Over the course dissolves the hopeless mess more and more, until I get at the end a mixture of vanilla, some vetiver, a pinch of sage, which is still combined with a until then lighter acidity.

Right much more gibts it in my opinion to the fragrance not to say. The fragrance is - as is often the case with Paco Rabbane - not particularly subtle, which is therefore generally not so my taste. But do not see the fragrance in general, but for what it is intended. A party fragrance for teenagers who want to stand out. In this context, you can still touch on the theme of the bottle. The bottle fits somehow into the room of a teenager who is at the beginning of his Sturm-und-Drang time. Since I can not really imagine, for example, a Xerjoff or Tiziana Terenzi flacon (apart from the price).

All in all, a new Paco Rabbane fragrance, which you can test at least times on occasion on a strip - but not must. But beware, he has a synthetic, of which I get at least times again a headache similar to Eros etc..

Nik604Nik604 6 days ago
The complete abomination in the modern fragrance world with huge steps
Aquarius1Aquarius1 23 days ago
Too many cooks spoil the broth, this perfume is the solid proof of it. The opening is fine but the drydown is a mess.
BeginswithaJBeginswithaJ 1 month ago
Very uninspiring, bittersweet fruity mess with a cheap amberwoody base like so many others. Another Invictus from the same house.
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 2 months ago
catastrophic! passion fruit / rhubarb combo with masses of sugar. Smells like a children's drink of some kind. what were they thinking...
HugoMontezHugoMontez 2 months ago
Strange opening. Super fresh and bittersweet. Dries down to a more creamy sweetness. I kinda like it. It's funny, young and weird.

by Christoph69
by Christoph69
by Nw1990
by Nw1990

Popular Paco Rabanne

1 Million Privé by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Lucky by Paco Rabanne La Nuit (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne La Nuit (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Paco Rabanne pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Ténéré (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Ultrared Man by Paco Rabanne Mētāl (Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Olympēa Intense by Paco Rabanne Calandre (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Olympēa Legend by Paco Rabanne Olympēa (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Absolutely Gold by Paco Rabanne Calandre (Eau de Parfum) by Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet Man (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne Mētāl (Eau de Toilette) / Eau de Mētāl by Paco Rabanne 1 Million Parfum by Paco Rabanne Invictus Aqua (2016) by Paco Rabanne Pure XS for Her by Paco Rabanne XS pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Paco Rabanne