Paloma PicassoMon Parfum (1984) Eau de Parfum

Paloma Picasso / Mon Parfum (Eau de Parfum) by Paloma Picasso
Bottle Design: Paloma Picasso, Bernard Kotyuk, Verrières Brosse

Paloma Picasso is a popular perfume by Paloma Picasso for women and was released in 1984. The scent is chypre-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesAngelica, Bergamot, Carnation, Coriander, Neroli, Rose, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesHyacinth, Jasmine, Mimosa, Patchouli, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Oakmoss, Honey, Woods, Sandalwood, Vetiver

Submitted by DeGe53, last update on 06.09.2019

7.0 8.0 8.0 9.0/10

Schwälbchen
Life is change or the taming of the unruly
Everything is change. One only learns to appreciate the good sides of life when one has looked into the abyss. And with my life - you suspect it - my fragrance taste has completely changed. Two years ago my eldest son fell ill - life-threatening, incurable. In the "before time" I often wore petty-floral scents. Oh how gloriously uneventful my life was. I wore dramatic Oriental perfumes in the middle of it all. Vanilla and sandalwood soothe me immensely and I had a silage to hold on to. It took a long time but now I have accepted our fate, accepted it. My son says, "It's okay." Then it's okay with me, too. Not good, but okay. After all.

But now to Paloma Picasso:
She starts smoky, makes a lot of ruckus around me. I can imagine that the original version of the fragrance has made some people tip over from their mountain pines. In the reformulation (and this is what I am referring to here) she has nothing deafening left. She makes room for herself and wants to be noticed. Of course, she's an imposing figure. It would be a sacrilege not to smell more... sleep-drunk flowers slowly awaken. I can clearly perceive carnations and hyacinths, as well as intoxicating ylang-ylang. And above all that hovers a note of coriander and honey perhaps it is also the angelic root that I have never smelt like this before. The silage quickly becomes body-hugging for the wearer. I may believe my beloved, but the scent is still very perceptible and pleasant. Paloma Picasso has a high recognition value. While the final chords of chypre perfumes are generally already dreamlike with oak moss, patchouli, sandalwood and thus produce a strongly calming earthy effect on the wearer, this effect is multiplied by the honey-soft spiciness in my case. PP gives me self-confidence when I need it, contentment, inner peace - my anchor in high waves.

Today I wear chypres. Her gentle melancholy enchants me every time anew.

An extraordinary fragrance - for extraordinary women. But aren't we all?

Have a nice time. Namaste?????

9.0 8.0 8.0 9.5/10

Argentine tango
Since we're all alone here, in an intimate circle so to speak, I can confess that I'm a big fan of "Let's dance". Yeah, exactly, I mean the show that's on RTL every Friday right now. I especially like the Tango Argentino, because with the right music and dancing it is pure goose bumps for me.

A Tango Argentino promises so much ... passion, devotion, illusion, melancholy, seriousness, eroticism, love and hate. This was the dance of the pimps and whores in the pubs of Buenos Aires around the turn of the century and all this embodied for me Paloma Picasso.

The opening with bergamot, lemon and neroli, which gives other fragrances freshness, is steamed by the carnation and gives me no cheerful freshness kick, but melancholy. Also the hyacinth which is dominant in many fragrances and brightly radiant in a cheerful way does not spread cheerfulness and also the jasmine which otherwise likes to present itself bright and laughing, is serious and cloudy. The woods, patchouli and oak moss give depth and it seems to me that I am losing the ground under my feet and falling into the infinity of the universe.

Paloma Picasso is, at least for me, not a party scent, because this melancholy that emanates from him does not suit me to exuberant celebrations. As I said, this is only my personal impression. This fragrance requires a certain seriousness and, above all, maturity, which I do not want to attach to the age of the wearer.

On days when I feel bad, I don't wear Paloma Picasso, because then this melancholy that the fragrance embodies would pull me down. When I'm at peace with myself, I spray it very, very gladly and that on different occasions, but never to celebrate frolicsomely and humidly, cheerfully - for that there are others.

Despite all the melancholy and seriousness, Paloma Picasso also has something comforting about him. Even if you lie very low because fate has thrown truncheons between your legs over and over again, there is a promise of a new, beautiful day and a fantastic sunrise.
9.0 9.0 9.0 9.0/10

Carlitos01
She is wearing PP again...
What's this smell?
My heart beats at a fast pace...
My hands shake...
What's this smell?
She did it again?
The transformation begins.
She must have done it.
Yes, she is wearing Paloma Picasso.
I cannot resist.

Its quite an irresistable perfume, very alluring and very sexy. I bought it for my wife and it's a damned compliment magnet for her.

WildGardener
Plastic ruby and black lace
From the heart of dark florals comes a blast of rose liqueur and a plasticky jasmin which together create a weird dissonant harmony. Surrounding this odd ball delight are cocktail bitters, plastic wood veneer and a sweet dry dust that go head to head for the soul of this dark gem.

With a foundation of patchouli, vetiver, a slightly caramellic amber and moss it builds into one assertive eau de parfum. It's forceful, wilful, and has impressive staying power. There's not a weak bone in its body.

It all adds up to an unsweet, slightly oily, deep ruby floral than makes a good edgy masculine.

This creation (by the otherwise unknown Francis Bocris) echoes the severity of the rose-oud genre, but in place of noble wood rot it pairs the sheen of rose with a textured chypre base. It doesn't appear in long white robes but the austere elegance of black lace. Austere - but never cold, Mine is a proud and passionate perfume.

Originally from 30 years ago and now rather overlooked. Mon Parfum deserves to be better known; it has the exotic bravura and romantic intensity of a Mussorgsky piano suite.
7.5 7.5 7.5 8.5/10

Chypre to my heart!
Because I so of chypre's like I really wanted to try Paloma Picasso. What a wonderful fragrance. This reminds me a bit of Maja Mururgia but then in the soap version. This fragrance is sophisticated, feminine, elegant and passionate. At present this is really my favorite scent. In the 80's were really made the most beautiful scents.

cigarette-hoarse floral chypre
Jasmine + Rose Chypre = Paloma
Jasmine + Fougère = Troisième Homme

Has anybody ever found the two similar? In each case, they match a similar, greenish, not terribly indolic jasmine to a blunt accord that cries out for some lightness in an otherwise dank mix . In 3me Homme’s case, the green jasmine cleaves to a green lavender. In Paloma, the jasmine makes the green connection between the bergamot and the moss. In both the chypre and the fougère the accord is fundamentally stark and the jasmine fits into the opening spaces. Both the chypre and fougère formulas are fairly easy to recognize once you’ve smelled a few of each. Adding a similar jasmine to each of these historic genres make 3me Homme and Paloma seem like siblings.
7.5 7.5 7.0/10

Heady oriental classic
I think it may have been the bottle design that had me running in the opposite direction for many years due to its very 80's style. Now that I'm older I've found some great respect for those classic 80's fragrances, so as would be expected, Paloma Picasso was on my list of scents to try.

If you like heavy fragrances like Dior's Poison, CK's Obsession or Jean Patou's Joy, this could quite possibly be in your collection already.

Paloma Picasso is one of those rich, heady, potent florals. Although dated, this fragrance has sex appeal. In a way it's a power scent, something that one can spritz on and instantly feel in control and defined.

I'll agree that this is not a fragrance for young girls or the light of heart, Paloma Picasso suits a woman with guts. The dryness, an element from its chypre quality, makes this fragrance all the more likable and all the more mature.

This fragrance is a sillage monster, there is no doubt about it. It screams, "I'm here, I'm proud, I'm wild and I'm a real woman."

Paloma Picasso is a scent that piques your curiousity. I am still discovering this fragrance with its many layers and complexities. If this re-formulated version is supposed to be less complex than the original, I can only dream of how wonderful the pre-formulated Paloma Picasso must have been.
5.0 10.0 7.5 10.0/10

Paloma Picasso
Firey Sandalwood Spicy Carnation Corridor Sweet Golden Amber transport you to the Andalusian town of Spain at night walking though it's medieval streets walking past it's moorish past
with there moorish Arcetecture
lisoning to the chants of the Sephardi
Jews in the Synagogue taking in with the sounds of there Passionate melencholic feelings you witness three Beautiful Majas dancing flamingo against the Blazing heat of the flams behind them with there Olive Skin
Poker stright Jet Black Hair parted in the middle with big Beautiful black eyes The Costumes of Scarlet with Black Lace trim around there comtumes with black Tiara with a long black Veil
and then the next morning you watched the Running of the Bulls After the Show you see a very Actracttive Spainard and it look like Javier Bardem *Gasp* IT IS HIM!!! he grabs you by your waste and started slowly dacing to the sound of the gentile sounds of the Accustic Guitar And he Leans over and before he almost Kisses you you snapped back to reality.

Perfumes can make Any Imagination
possible.

Jazzy76 14 months ago
Rich, spicy , multifaceted , sexy but classy: it's the spirit of the Golden Eighties made perfume. A great classic to own!+2
6.0
Carlitos01 16 months ago
Its quite an irresistable perfume, very alluring and tremendously sexy. I bought it for my wife and it's a damn compliment magnet for her.+5
9.0

Wünsche Euch eine schöne Osterzeit.
by Zora
by Gaukeleya
by Gaukeleya
für Fresh21/Foto-Challenge
by Hexana
.... sie sind so alt wie das Parfum ;))) .....
by Infinite
by Infinite
by Undsofort
~Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else~Margaret Mead
by Sunshine00
Alles kann/könnte es sein-nichts muss. :)
by Sunshine00
by Annkom
by AmySourbutts
by AmySourbutts

Popular Paloma Picasso

Paloma Picasso / Mon Parfum (Eau de Parfum) by Paloma Picasso Minotaure (Eau de Toilette) by Paloma Picasso Tentations (Eau de Parfum) by Paloma Picasso Paloma Picasso (1995) (Eau de Toilette) by Paloma Picasso Paloma Picasso / Mon Parfum (Parfum) by Paloma Picasso Minotaure (Après-Rasage) by Paloma Picasso Paloma Picasso (Elixir de Parfum) by Paloma Picasso Soleil d'Or by Paloma Picasso Amphore de Parfum by Paloma Picasso Paloma Picasso Édition Broche Soleil by Paloma Picasso Tentations - Cœur de Parfum (Parfum Solide) by Paloma Picasso Planète de Parfum by Paloma Picasso Tentations (Parfum) by Paloma Picasso Esprit du Millénaire by Paloma Picasso Paloma Picasso - Cœur de Parfum (Parfum Solide) by Paloma Picasso Paloma Picasso / Mon Parfum (1984) (Eau de Toilette) by Paloma Picasso Constellation d'Or by Paloma Picasso Vaporisateur Bijou by Paloma Picasso Constellation - Cœur de Parfum (Parfum Solide) by Paloma Picasso Paloma Picasso (Brume Hydratante Parfumée pour le Corps) by Paloma Picasso