Paloma Picasso Mon Parfum 1984 Eau de Parfum

Paloma Picasso / Mon Parfum (Eau de Parfum) by Paloma Picasso
Bottle Design Paloma Picasso, Bernard Kotyuk, Verrières Brosse
Paloma Picasso is a popular perfume by Paloma Picasso for women and was released in 1984. The scent is chypre-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesAngelicaAngelica BergamotBergamot CarnationCarnation CorianderCoriander NeroliNeroli RoseRose LemonLemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesHyacinthHyacinth JasmineJasmine MimosaMimosa PatchouliPatchouli Ylang-ylangYlang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesAmberAmber OakmossOakmoss HoneyHoney WoodsWoods SandalwoodSandalwood VetiverVetiver

Submitted by DeGe53, last update on 07.05.2022.

Seductive Rose Chypre
I have a vintage bottle that I've had for several years. I pulled it out the other day and was greeted with a dizzying array of lush indolic florals, mossy greens, bitter herbs, aromatic spices, animalic notes, and deep in the heart of the fragrance the most gorgeous, sexy rose of any rose I've ever smelled in a perfume. Wow! The cold weather really enhances the notes in this perfume and makes them just sing. Fortunately, my now more experienced nose is not finding the castoreum as offensive as I once did, though this is far from a clean fresh fragrance, so lovers of that be aware.

I really need to wear this more. A perfume with a rose this good should never be relegated to a cabinet only to be worn every once in a blue moon. I now want to seek out the parfum. If the reviews I've read on that are any indication, I'm sure to be in for quite a treat.

Oriane
Sophisticated, Sumptuous, Wearable Chypre Floral Fragrance for Mature, Elegant Women (and Men!)
Top Notes: Carnation, Coriander, Rose, Angelica, Neroli, Bergamot, Amalfi Lemon

Heart Notes: Patchouli, Hyacinth, Jasmine, Ylang-Ylang, Mimosa

Base Notes: Oakmoss, Civetta, Castoreum, Vetiver, Sandalwood, Musk, Amber, Honey

Paloma is classified as a Chypre Floral fragrance. It was launched in 1984, and in my opinion is well deserving of its reputation as a vintage classic. The perfumer is Francis Bocris.

Chypres generally do not work well for me. I can wear some of them, but many of them prove to be too challenging, too strong, too overpowering. For example, I can wear Ungaro Diva, but I cannot tolerate Estee Lauder Knowing. I read many, many reviews of Paloma before I finally purchased it because I feared it may turn out to be a lot like Knowing and thus be intolerable. However, now that I have tried it, I am both relieved and happy to say I have no problems with Paloma.

Paloma is unmistakably a chypre perfume with a fair bit of oakmoss in the base that rises up through to the top notes and remains throughout the full wearing, but I do not find the fragrance overpowering at all. It is a very mature and sophisticated fragrance. I cannot imagine anyone under 30 wearing this well.

Re the notes, I definitely detect strong oakmoss and smoky vetiver. Both oakmoss and vetiver are challenging notes for me, but here the oakmoss is tame, and the vetiver is the kind I can enjoy. Here both the oakmoss and the vetiver are handled quite beautifully, quite deftly by M. Francis Bocris. None of the floral notes really stand out to my nose. I simply detect a very gentle floral bouquet strongly supported by a rich oakmoss and a smoky vetiver. I love civet and castoreum, as well as musk done well, but I cannot detect any of them very strongly here either. Once again, the animalics are handled quite well. Paloma is a very well blended fragrance where none of the notes really stand out to my nose aside from the oakmoss and the vetiver. I really like this fragrance! I do not think it is one I would wear frequently, but I very much like it. I wish I had mustered the nerve to purchase a bottle years ago. I can see why so many fragrance lovers love this one.

I cannot add more than what the many other reviewers have written about this fragrance before me. It is a lovely, wearable chypre. I think it is unisex and best suited to evening wear. I would never wear this to an office, a wedding, a christening, a church service, etc. This is strictly an evening fragrance best worn in Autumn and Winter and probably for more formal events. There is definitely something formal and sexy about it insofar as perfumes can be said to be "sexy." This is not at all a casual fragrance in my opinion. Paloma would pair well with an elegant gown, upswept hair, elegant jewels, and (for me faux) fur. It is sumptuous, luxurious, and not for the faint of heart. Performance is very good. This is a stunning, sophisticated fragrance for the price point.

I am very glad indeed that I added Paloma to my collection. If you love chypres and have not tried Paloma, I highly recommend you try it. If you are not a great lover of chypres but can wear some of them, then again I highly recommend Paloma because I think this chypre has a great chance of winning your heart as it has won my own.

Fragrance: 8/10
Sillage: 8/10
Projection: 7/10
Longevity: 5/10

ETA: My bottles (Already purchased a back up!) are not the most recent formulation, believe is through Elizabeth Arden, or the oldest formulation insofar as I am aware, but they are vintage, and the perfume is divine. My advice is not to pay a hefty price for a super old bottle. The more recent vintages are absolutely stunning and very affordable!! My bottles have the clear glass in the middle with the black plastic case surrounding it, so no worries about plastic chemicals leaching into the fragrance. It is not the most expensive looking bottle, but who cares if the fragrance is this gorgeous?! I think the packaging is attractive anyway, though.

So, save your money. You positively do not need one of the earliest bottles because the more recent vintage is absolutely wonderful. Sillage and projection are good. Longevity is about average at 5-6 hours which holds for my more expensive Chanel Exclusifs as well.
Romantic
For me, the fragrance was back in the 80s the epitome of romance. And when I look at the times again today to mind, I can only confirm. And although several decades have passed, I still like the very much.

The start is so beautiful floral, garden carnation and jasmine I smell immediately out, ylang-ylang and neroli as well, fresh and delicately sweet but not pungent. In general, I feel a soothing-warm-soft feeling in my heart when I smell and wear this perfume. Of bergamot and the citrus notes comes with me nothing at all, so I can not classify the as Chypre.

The woody notes can only be guessed, I also find this only very subtle and coherent and can actually find nothing woody, and if then only amber or sandalwood - soft, velvety, cuddly, just melting gently, comes perhaps from the honey?
The cool severity, which this lady whose name the perfume carries, radiates, fits in my opinion so not at all to the fragrance. The bottle is actually too black for me too. I think, a
more friendly color would have fit better. But that's just my personal opinion and can be refuted gladly by others.

To all of you a beautiful, romantic Sunday evening

my sister ....
and i are 2 years apart. as children we often had the same clothes. sometimes she was a size smaller. she was a little fuller (baby fat) and darker i was rather skinny and blond. you could only distinguish her clothes from mine because they always looked somehow "suffered". disputes whose it is now my mother could see very well. (not that I was afraid to climb trees or other "dangerous" things) somehow mine were a little "prettier".

so I tried p.p. - ( cheaply got hold of vintage version). during an evening walk umwhete me the scent then again and again. i think "man, I know the...." da isser - mystere of rochas. so I tried the two the next day. and yes the are similar as sisters.
where p.p. is more "wild", original and.... i don't know what to say. mystere is more calm and - that's how i perceive it, with more depth.
so if you mourn mystere p.p. is an alternative. but the vintage version. the newer is not bad. but at most a cousin.
The icing on the cake
What did I bite my teeth out on that perfume! I've known him for 30 years. I've always found him fascinating. Even at the age of 17 - and that even though the advertising campaign did not appeal to me at all: the crassly hard and accurately made-up woman with hat and gloves and fat jewellery was as likeable to me as Joan Collins as the head witch of the Denver clan: very present, but extremely distanced and cold in her effect.
In the Stone Age, even teenagers used to buy magazines to develop their style. They started off with Bravo Girl or Mädchen, later on Cosmopolitan or Vogue. The latter was already a purchase, but there were also great samples :-)
Despite my early interest in the world of fragrances, Paloma Picasso fell through the ranks as a potential test candidate:
This heavily made-up and gloved woman with hat and bling I found as likeable as Joan Collins in her role as the head witch of the Denver clan! Not only zero identification potential, but direct rejection.... Until..., yes, until I was allowed to own a miniature of the fragrance and then I had chosen art as my high school diploma. There is no way around Picasso ;-)
Flacon (miniature!): a black ring framing a glass ball, I found innovative and stylish at times!
Contents: it generated ambivalent emotions in me. The harsh, mossy prelude goes right through to the sinuses: Oha, really strict! Absolutely not a girl (that was obvious), but also not female or feminine. But after a few minutes a fragrance composition comes out that I simply find exciting: flowers that don't scream "female", spices that don't come across as gourmand. A very strange interplay that makes me addicted. I can't decipher the riddle, it fires my imagination: great!
But where in my life does the fragrance fit in except on the shelf in the bottle?
Not only do I want to smell it, but I want to wear it. I do, but mostly just for me.
Paloma Picasso can look terribly artificial if it is only carried in front of you as a work of art and does not merge with the wearer (I sign unisex) to form a unity.
I have owned a half-full oval bottle from 1999 for some time now, but I haven't executed it for a long time, because until now I didn't know how to combine it, it always looked out of place.
But now I've got it:
my Paloma outfit consists of a slim-fit black crepe blouse with henley neckline, dark blue skinny jeans, cognac-coloured belt and matching brown boots (flat heel, but not rough) Hair: just don't do your hair strictly, but wear it open with slight waves.
Make-up: yes, but rather discreet and natural!
A clear, simple line, lightened up by natural feminine accents, that's the look that Paloma Picasso gives the perfect finish to: the icing on the cake that breathes life into the classic "can't go wrong" outfit.

And so I would go dancing with her :-)
Schwälbchen
Life is change or the taming of the unruly
Everything is change. One only learns to appreciate the good sides of life when one has looked into the abyss. And with my life - you suspect it - my fragrance taste has completely changed. Two years ago my eldest son fell ill - life-threatening, incurable. In the "before time" I often wore petty-floral scents. Oh how gloriously uneventful my life was. I wore dramatic Oriental perfumes in the middle of it all. Vanilla and sandalwood soothe me immensely and I had a silage to hold on to. It took a long time but now I have accepted our fate, accepted it. My son says, "It's okay." Then it's okay with me, too. Not good, but okay. After all.

But now to Paloma Picasso:
She starts smoky, makes a lot of ruckus around me. I can imagine that the original version of the fragrance has made some people tip over from their mountain pines. In the reformulation (and this is what I am referring to here) she has nothing deafening left. She makes room for herself and wants to be noticed. Of course, she's an imposing figure. It would be a sacrilege not to smell more... sleep-drunk flowers slowly awaken. I can clearly perceive carnations and hyacinths, as well as intoxicating ylang-ylang. And above all that hovers a note of coriander and honey perhaps it is also the angelic root that I have never smelt like this before. The silage quickly becomes body-hugging for the wearer. I may believe my beloved, but the scent is still very perceptible and pleasant. Paloma Picasso has a high recognition value. While the final chords of chypre perfumes are generally already dreamlike with oak moss, patchouli, sandalwood and thus produce a strongly calming earthy effect on the wearer, this effect is multiplied by the honey-soft spiciness in my case. PP gives me self-confidence when I need it, contentment, inner peace - my anchor in high waves.

Today I wear chypres. Her gentle melancholy enchants me every time anew.

An extraordinary fragrance - for extraordinary women. But aren't we all?

Have a nice time. Namaste?????

Argentine tango
Since we're all alone here, in an intimate circle so to speak, I can confess that I'm a big fan of "Let's dance". Yeah, exactly, I mean the show that's on RTL every Friday right now. I especially like the Tango Argentino, because with the right music and dancing it is pure goose bumps for me.

A Tango Argentino promises so much ... passion, devotion, illusion, melancholy, seriousness, eroticism, love and hate. This was the dance of the pimps and whores in the pubs of Buenos Aires around the turn of the century and all this embodied for me Paloma Picasso.

The opening with bergamot, lemon and neroli, which gives other fragrances freshness, is steamed by the carnation and gives me no cheerful freshness kick, but melancholy. Also the hyacinth which is dominant in many fragrances and brightly radiant in a cheerful way does not spread cheerfulness and also the jasmine which otherwise likes to present itself bright and laughing, is serious and cloudy. The woods, patchouli and oak moss give depth and it seems to me that I am losing the ground under my feet and falling into the infinity of the universe.

Paloma Picasso is, at least for me, not a party scent, because this melancholy that emanates from him does not suit me to exuberant celebrations. As I said, this is only my personal impression. This fragrance requires a certain seriousness and, above all, maturity, which I do not want to attach to the age of the wearer.

On days when I feel bad, I don't wear Paloma Picasso, because then this melancholy that the fragrance embodies would pull me down. When I'm at peace with myself, I spray it very, very gladly and that on different occasions, but never to celebrate frolicsomely and humidly, cheerfully - for that there are others.

Despite all the melancholy and seriousness, Paloma Picasso also has something comforting about him. Even if you lie very low because fate has thrown truncheons between your legs over and over again, there is a promise of a new, beautiful day and a fantastic sunrise.

Carlitos01
She's using Paloma Picasso again ...
[short review]
Pandemia day log number 427.
Another day of working at home (sigh!).
I cannot stand looking at the computer any longer.
Today I tried a little gardening ... and also a little woodwork.
The sun is setting. I just can't stand watching TV anymore (double sigh!). Today it was a very sunny day, or should I say another sunny very peaceful day. I better stay in the garden and enjoy the full moon and some good music.

What is that smell?
My heart beats at a fast pace ...
My hands are shaking ...
What is that smell?
Did she do it again?
My transformation begins. I just started:
''Bombobobombobombobombobobobombobobfadaengadengdengdaengadengdeng fadingadong... ding''!!!
Yes, she must have done it ... Yes, she did it!
Yes, she is using Paloma Picasso again.
I just can't resist.

It is an irresistible perfume, very seductive and very sexy. The best perfume decision ever. I bought it for my wife and it is a seduction magnet for her.

Music: The Marcels - "Blue Moon"

WildGardener
Plastic ruby and black lace
From the heart of dark florals comes a blast of rose liqueur and a plasticky jasmin which together create a weird dissonant harmony. Surrounding this odd ball delight are cocktail bitters, plastic wood veneer and a sweet dry dust that go head to head for the soul of this dark gem.

With a foundation of patchouli, vetiver, a slightly caramellic amber and moss it builds into one assertive eau de parfum. It's forceful, wilful, and has impressive staying power. There's not a weak bone in its body.

It all adds up to an unsweet, slightly oily, deep ruby floral than makes a good edgy masculine.

This creation (by the otherwise unknown Francis Bocris) echoes the severity of the rose-oud genre, but in place of noble wood rot it pairs the sheen of rose with a textured chypre base. It doesn't appear in long white robes but the austere elegance of black lace. Austere - but never cold, Mine is a proud and passionate perfume.

Originally from 30 years ago and now rather overlooked. Mon Parfum deserves to be better known; it has the exotic bravura and romantic intensity of a Mussorgsky piano suite.

Chypre to my heart!
Because I so of chypre's like I really wanted to try Paloma Picasso. What a wonderful fragrance. This reminds me a bit of Maja Mururgia but then in the soap version. This fragrance is sophisticated, feminine, elegant and passionate. At present this is really my favorite scent. In the 80's were really made the most beautiful scents.

PallidusPallidus 3 months ago
A diva rose-woody chypre! Love it from beginning to late drydown, but I cannot wear it. I save a sample & smell it with eyes closed. Dreamy!
Jazzy76Jazzy76 4 years ago
Rich, spicy , multifaceted , sexy but classy: it's the spirit of the Golden Eighties made perfume. A great classic to own!
Carlitos01Carlitos01 4 years ago
Its quite an irresistable perfume, very alluring and tremendously sexy. I bought it for my wife and it's a damn compliment magnet for her.

Wünsche Euch eine schöne Osterzeit.
by Zora
by Unchaned
by Unchaned
by Gaukeleya
by Gaukeleya
Jetzt sieht das Baumgesicht auch endlich was. Terminator ;)
by Gandix
für Fresh21/Foto-Challenge
by Hexana
.... sie sind so alt wie das Parfum ;))) .....
Urzeitwesen
by AmySourbutts
by Arlufkin
by Arlufkin

Popular by Paloma Picasso

Minotaure (Eau de Toilette) by Paloma Picasso Paloma Picasso / Mon Parfum (Parfum) by Paloma Picasso Paloma Picasso (1995) (Eau de Toilette) by Paloma Picasso Tentations (Eau de Parfum) by Paloma Picasso Paloma Picasso / Mon Parfum (1984) (Eau de Toilette) by Paloma Picasso Minotaure (Après-Rasage) by Paloma Picasso Soleil d'Or by Paloma Picasso Amphore de Parfum by Paloma Picasso Paloma Picasso Édition Broche Soleil by Paloma Picasso Tentations - Cœur de Parfum (Parfum Solide) by Paloma Picasso Planète de Parfum by Paloma Picasso Paloma Picasso (Elixir de Parfum) by Paloma Picasso Tentations (Parfum) by Paloma Picasso Esprit du Millénaire by Paloma Picasso Paloma Picasso - Cœur de Parfum (Parfum Solide) by Paloma Picasso Constellation d'Or by Paloma Picasso Vaporisateur Bijou by Paloma Picasso Constellation - Cœur de Parfum (Parfum Solide) by Paloma Picasso Paloma Picasso (Brume Hydratante Parfumée pour le Corps) by Paloma Picasso Galet de Parfum by Paloma Picasso