Angélique by Papillon Artisan Perfumes
Angélique is a popular perfume by Papillon Artisan Perfumes for women and was released in 2013. The scent is floral-woody. It is still in production.

Liz Moores

Mimosa, Iris, Frankincense, Osmanthus, Cedarwood, White champaca

Submitted by Apicius, last update on 15.08.2020.

Slow approach
The first two times I sprayed on "Angelique", I was initially surrounded by a medicinal and / or turpentine-like "fragrance". I found that little inspiring, I also consulted the fragrance pyramid at a loss, which of the fragrance components that could have triggered and was not found. I took a look at the label's homepage, marveled at the price (£118 for 50 ml), but found nothing there to match my "turpentine perception" either. Curious to see how £118 would translate into euros, I visited aLzD's site: €138.00 for 50 ml, a sample for €8.00. What I also found was a fragrance pyramid, nicely divided into top, heart and base notes, and among others cypress in the top note, which might explain my perception described above. But back to the fragrance.

Pleasingly, I don't notice the turpentine since the third time I sprayed it on. "Angelique" immediately becomes floral-powdery and then gradually changes to floral-woody with a bright spicy note. Smoky notes do not show up on me. And that's all I can say about the scent progression.

Worth mentioning I still find that A has a fairly discreet sillage and the durability is rather in the midfield. After the turpentine impression had kindly left me, I have - against my habit - vigorously eingedieselt to catch once the full dose of the fragrance, but that worked only partially.

Conclusion: "Angelique" is finally a pleasant discreet floral fragrance with gentle woody underpinnings for occasions in which one / woman fragrance-technically does not want to stand out.

I thank Ioid for the test opportunity

A beautiful perfume
This perfume is heart achingly beautiful. The mimosa and orris are perfect partners here and are cleverly blended with a delicious jammy osmanthus.
Not my usual style of perfume but gorgeous nonetheless.

Popular Papillon Artisan Perfumes

Anubis by Papillon Artisan Perfumes Bengale Rouge by Papillon Artisan Perfumes Salome by Papillon Artisan Perfumes Tobacco Rose by Papillon Artisan Perfumes Dryad by Papillon Artisan Perfumes