Dryad by Papillon Artisan Perfumes
Dryad is a popular perfume by Papillon Artisan Perfumes for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is green-chypre. It is still in production.

Liz Moores

Bitter orange, Citron, Apricot, Bergamot, Tarragon, Thyme, Star anise, Geranium, Narcissus, Jonquil, Oakmoss, Turkish rose, Iris, Orange blossom, Ylang-ylang, Costus, Castoreum, Civet, Galbanum, Lavender, Clary sage, Liatris spicata absolute, Vetiver, Tobacco, Woodland®, Styrax, Ionone, Peru balsam, Benzoin, Labdanum

Submitted by Cassandra, last update on 18.11.2020.

I'd be Little Red Riding Hood,
...I would seriously consider immersing myself in this dark abundance alone. Even at the risk of grandmother having to do without cake and wine. (Surely she has some supplies in her cottage.)
Or else: I would immediately secure the wolf as a kind of bodyguard - a new dream team: Little Red Riding Hood and Lupo!
That might do it!

"Dryad" is dark - dark and mysteriously tempting!
Old mossy oaks exude their typical fragrance from their foliage: astringent and not only a little reminiscent of decay. The huge trunks with the cracked bark additionally spread a strong wood aroma.
Vetiver's earthy character conveys even more depth; despite the oaks dominating everything, the impression of dense undergrowth emerges, enclosing this scent path. Along with moist leaves that rustle under each step.
There is certainly more living under this one than just a hedgehog family seeking shelter.
(But do we really want to know more?)
Already at the beginning of the acquaintance with "Dryad" a spice outweighs, which is certainly not everyone's thing.
The aromatic herbs thyme, tarragon and clary sage alone contribute a fragrant power.
The bright, fruity freshness of both citrus fruits and the sweetness of the apricot are then needed to make friends with the previous fragrance composition.
Even star anise brings a little brightness (even if it scratches me a little again), before - after a large fragrant field of flowering lavender, framed by tobacco plants with already somewhat dried leaves - a hidden flower garden appears.
After this somewhat strict entrée I greet him with double joy!
There they are gathered, these purely female flowers: rose geranium (here harmonizing well with the kitchen herbs and dampening their strong spiciness a little).
An amazing abundance of roses and iris - both floral ladies proud, pampered by the sun and very fragrant intense.
The delicate, delicate magic of orange blossom adds warmth and cordiality to this secret scent: this scent is actually always welcome - especially here! This walk through the woods is good for a little tenderness!
A familiar glow now also appears on the scent horizon: Ylang-Ylang enters the stage! Bright lights, little life beings alike, now flickering through the creation - how I love this fragrance!
This light then leads into a true labyrinth of smoky resins: first I meet Labdanum of course - well, we've known each other for several years. That's probably why this first "Aha moment"!
But benzoin, galbanum and the vanilla-like sweetness of Styrax resin also greet intimately, along with so much that I don't see in detail.

There is a lot of liveliness in "Dryad": a rustling of the leaves, a rustling of the dry leaves and many small animals - animal addition to the dark magic. The clear knowledge: one being dies - another finds food! Here a circle closes!
And a whisper: a mysterious whisper, for which the dryads, the forest nymphs are probably responsible.
These "nymphs of the oaks" from Greek mythology lure here clearly.
Her peculiarly attractive beauty, always surrounded by light fog, seduces: the right way should be left and so the immersion into a world full of promises and secrets should be made easy.
The temptation to indulge in "Dryad", to get lost in this scent, too, is great!

It needs a lot of space, unfolds more and more over time (reminds me a little of a yeast dumpling that rises wonderfully under the warmth!), becomes more mysterious: finally a dark spicy chypre appears! An impressive grand finale!
Sure not everybody's darling, but still very, very interesting!

With "Dryad" I have not regretted making a detour deep into its magical forest, at the border between reality and dream, truth and lie, light and darkness.
This fragrance appeals to me clearly, even if I fear it a little at the same time.
Maybe I should get myself a faithful companion before I give myself to "Dryad" again?
Because I doubt that the dryads do not throw their nets at women, too!
They seem pretty possessive to me - just like this scent!

Fairies and nature
I don't want to get overly technical with what I smell here. All I will say is that it's like a fairyland of green grass, yellow daffodils and white daisies, and has a vintage-like powdery quality about it. Wearing this makes me feel like a fairy princess.

DorothyGraceDorothyGrace 3 years ago
1st impression, a flurry of green herbs, touch apricot, then neroli/orange blossom/bitter orange persists finally a vanillic touch is added.

by Amirrezaaj
by Amirrezaaj

Popular Papillon Artisan Perfumes

Anubis by Papillon Artisan Perfumes Bengale Rouge by Papillon Artisan Perfumes Salome by Papillon Artisan Perfumes Tobacco Rose by Papillon Artisan Perfumes Angélique by Papillon Artisan Perfumes