Boston by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann

Boston is a perfume by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann for women and men. The release year is unknown. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is still in production.

Orange

Submitted by Barney, last update on 29.06.2020.

FvSpee
Colonia instead of Corona, No. 17: Miami.
Mr. Lehmann's shop, as I am allowed to report to the perfume community in Berlin, has reopened, and his business has not suffered any significant damage from the Corona crisis. More worrying for him, about which a lot has already been written on this platform (also by me), are all the new allergen regulations, which among other things led to the fact that he had to reformulate my beloved "lime blossom" for the second time within a short time. It almost breaks my heart, because the original lime blossom is really incredibly beautiful
For hygienic reasons, it is currently not possible to step on the huge glass containers and sniff around the glass stoppers. But Mr. Lehmann hands out paper strips with the glove, on which he himself has sprayed scents as desired. The problem with the masks remains. Everything is not easy at the moment. Apart from some fragrances that I got for a perfuma abroad, this time I had "Boston" on the agenda: a cologne that I tested superficially in a store years ago, but never really got into it. Of course, I had to catch up on that in the context of this Cologne series.

Although "Boston" is a classic cologne in terms of durability, projection and citric, it is decidedly anti-Farinist. There is almost nothing of the "lemon-bergamot-neroli-rosemary-lavender"-five-sound here. In fact, "Boston" is actually (almost) pure orange cologne; and someone who likes that will certainly like it very much.

At the same time, the conscious, extensive testing of this fragrance was very informative for me in the sense of an overall mapping of Lehmann's universe of fragrances. For example, with regard to the relationship to "Laguna" (in which, after this test, I can now also see the orange notes more clearly, in addition to the soapy-mineral fascination I mentioned several times). And also, for example, regarding the differences to the eau de parfum "Orange". Apart from the enormous performance difference ("Orange" lasts all day for me), the steely, quasi pure-filtered "Orange" to "Boston" behaves like refined white granulated sugar to raw molasses: As other commentators before me have already noted, not only the peel and seeds of the orange, but also leaf green, branches and maybe even some roots with soil have been pulled onto the bottle. In this respect, I can very well understand the connection between Leporello and Hermès' Orange Vert line, although the difference in fragrance between Boston and the Hermès Concentré I know is considerable.

"Boston" is a fragrance I like, and I can understand the enthusiastic comments and statements of Yatagan and Fittleworth, for example. For orange lovers, it is definitely worth testing, especially since the 100 ml bottle (contents + bottle) is currently available for 7 Euros due to the Lehmann "Corona discount" and if you don't like it, the substance can be used as an effective hand disinfectant for a second time due to its 86% alcohol content. Nevertheless, I don't have the same spark like other fishmen, so that "Boston", without me being able to explain this in detail here, gets stuck at 7.5 points.

In addition, I can report that Mr Lehmann told me that he will launch three new fragrances in the next few weeks. One of them will be a beautiful new men's fragrance called "Miami". I think that is actually the name that would have been appropriate for this fragrance here. As far as I know, Boston has nothing to do with oranges, but anyone who has a basic knowledge of geography (Miami = capital of Florida) with a basic knowledge of the 70s

( https://www.erinnerstdudich.de/70er/florida-boy-orange/ )

that oranges and Miami are synonymous, so to speak. But probably "Miami" then smells like tea crates thrown in salt water.

by Skjomi
by Skjomi
by Ninina
by Ninina

Popular Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann

Oud by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann Sminta by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann Lindenblüte by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann Springfield by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann Bahia by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann MOL intens by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann Reseda by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann Russisch Juchten by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann Larissa by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann Verité by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann Russische Eau de Cologne by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann Feige by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann Surabaya by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann Fougère by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann Orange by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann Heliotrop by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann Rose de France by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann Tulpe by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann Nelke by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann Singapore Patchouly by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann