MOL intens by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann

MOL intens is a popular perfume by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann for women and men. The release year is unknown. The scent is woody-spicy. It is still in production.

Submitted by Glosoli, last update on 31.10.2019

6.0 5.0 6.0 7.0/10

Gone fishing
I was very undecided. From the beginning. Even before I had him up my nose for the first time. And during that. And now basically still. I don't know if I'm supposed to like him or not. Whether riot or trivial.

MOL intens - so Harry Lehmann says - is ISO-E-Super. And nothing else. A synthetic substance that is said to have an animal-like ambry cedar wood accord and an extraordinarily high durability. I wasn't sure how to find it: just an ingredient, and a synthetic one at that. And this from Harry Lehmann, the charming traditional house with the artificial flowers in the small shop on Kantstraße in Charlottenburg. Many 'big' fragrances (including those by Jean-Claude Ellena, Ormonde Jayne and Serge Lutens) use ISO-E-Super - some rather covertly bashful, others quite prominent. Nevertheless, if I look at the 'monotheme ISO-E-Super' in isolation, it may be scientifically interesting, but I am not one to approach perfumes scientifically. I approach perfumes sensually.

Beyond the above-mentioned considerations, I find a sensual fragrance which, despite its monothematic nature, is everything, but not one-dimensional. There is something weightlessly metallic and something gently animalistic, there are wood juices and moist earth - and I understand a bit why someone - the house Harry Lehmann is not alone with the idea - would like to show the facets of ISO-E-Super, this supposed wonder substance, once unblinded and falsified alone. The scent of which, despite the facets mentioned, is simple and reduced, as if on a quiet day in early summer you were alone thinking about a lake shore. A little outdoor and a little quiet melancholy, a little defiance, a little tenderness. Musk and fire and pine wood in the rain, you'd almost think. And then remembers: wrong thought, everything only ISO-E-Super.

Conclusion: the wonderful Chris Rea once sang about going fishing, a bit resigned and sad - and yet gentle:

'I'm gone fishing, I got me a line.
Nothing I do is gonna make the difference -
so I'm taking the time.

And you ain't never gonna be happy, anyhow, anyway.
So I'm gone fishing,
and I'm going today.

I'm gone fishing, sounds crazy I know.
I know nothing about fishing,
but just watch me go.'

I'm still undecided - in an intellectual way. I really like it sensually. And now: gone fishing.

Ohdeberlin 4 years ago
A simple Iso E super accord, perfect for layering, good sillage, long lasting, edp+1
5.0