Nelke by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann

Nelke is a popular perfume by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann for women and men. The release year is unknown. The scent is spicy-floral. It is still in production.

Submitted by Apicius, last update on 22.08.2019

7.0 6.0 8.0/10

Not only for Eugen
In the flower shop of my teenage years it was dark, at least in the back part, where we made the bouquets and flower arrangements. It smelled of flowers, flower water and earth. We chatted happily at work. Of course we also had carnations, they are often used in cemeteries. I like the flowers of carnations, they are especially easy to recognize in wild carnations.

Today I sprayed myself with Lehmann's carnation and immediately had carnations in front of my eyes in the flower shop. So flowers (Dianthus) and no cloves. Cloves (Syzygium aromaticum), on the other hand, grow on the clove tree. Family tester M explained to me that carnation smells like cloves. So it's different for everyone.

The mystery is easy to solve, in cloves is especially high in eugenol (60 to 90%). About 80% Eugenol is also found in the flowers (Dianthus). In addition, there is about 15% benzyl benzoate in essential Dianthus oil. This distinguishes Dianthus from clove, which contains about 17% β caryophyllene. Lehmann's carnation contains benzyl benzoate, no β caryophyllene. I'm going out on a limb here. I know, at Parfumo, chemists run (or sit) around, too. Caution: You don't have to be called Eugen or Eugenie to be able to wear the fragrance
I like the Lehmann carnation. It's really a how-earlier scent in the sense that it reminds me of my personal late 70s or early 80s. I don't find the scent gloomy, it gives me a sense of security.

Because so many people have written that you should lay carnation, I have done several tests. With Iso-E-Super carnation smelled like sawed through plastic tube with carnation. We didn't like it so much. But the whole family was satisfied with Clean Reserve - Galbanum & Rain +Nelke. The projection is moderate. I can't estimate the shelf life yet. I think you can wear a carnation all year round. Also for baking bets.

The bottle is, as is usual with Lehmann, a kind of clear pharmacy bottle. It doesn't look like much, but it has the advantage that you can unscrew it and don't have to buy a spray bottle to refill it
6.0 6.0 6.0 7.0/10

loewenherz
For old maidens, late girls and other content creatures
Literary history is very unfair here. If the unmarried man beyond forty is considered at worst an old hagestolz, but often also only a loner, a rake and/or 'enchanted' - and if he is also economically independent in most cases - then the unmarried woman beyond thirty is already a 'late girl' and bent or embittered, perhaps cares for a bedridden aunt or lives on the kindness of a sister and her husband. Maggie Smith, as 'poor Charlotte', played the old-growth chaperone almost painfully pale in James Ivory's 'Room with a View', and Isabelle Huppert the Augustine in François Ozon's 8 Femmes so gallant and hateful that he could actually only choose the thistle as the flower symbolizing her. How do you now write respectfully, perhaps even lovingly, about the figure of the unmarried, no longer quite young woman?

Because when I tried Harry Lehmann's carnation - on the spot in the shop in Charlottenburg - as its archetypal wearer I had in mind the image of a woman who lives alone beyond the girlhood years. A woman in flat shoes beyond the craving for tan and cleaning with calm and clever eyes in burgundy red or cardinal dresses, who shares her small apartment with green plants, cats and hundreds, oh what: thousands of books. She learns foreign languages, likes to travel and maintains lively correspondence, she gets involved, interferes. She's not rich, but she's content. There used to be someone with whom she would have liked to grow old together, but life decided differently. Sometimes she is a little sad for one evening, but neither bitter nor despondent. And don't leave them, just alone.

Nelke makes me think - not exclusively, of course - of a single and no longer quite young wearer, because he is of old-sounding and brittle maturity. Because he is more complex in his heart and base than one might think from his familiar top note. Because he's muffled and withdrawn, but not shy or shy. Because it has elements of a soli pile but is not one - far beyond the fresh sweetness and oriental, sometimes almost spicy spiciness of garden cloves and cloves. Because his fine soap doesn't suit a very young woman - not even a young man, by the way. Because he makes me think of burgundy or cardinal dresses, of cats, books and trips to distant countries. Because he is authentic in his nature and headstrong, sometimes difficult, but uncompromising, real.

Conclusion: not only, but also for a single woman beyond forty. She doesn't have to care for a bedridden aunt and doesn't have to live in the house of her magnanimous brother-in-law, but learns and travels languages with cats and her many books: satisfied and alone.

Ohdeberlin 4 years ago
Aromatic, dark floral, accord of clove and carnation, off mainstream (in a good way ), potent sillage, very long lasting, edp+1
5.0