Oud by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann
Oud is a popular perfume by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is woody-spicy. It is still in production.
Scent goes well with Veilchen

Submitted by Ohdeberlin, last update on 21.11.2020.

Lehmann- Passion: 3 - Oud with the aloofness of an egoist
That you can get an oud-scent, the "fashion-scent" of the last years, from the house Lehmann, I find very surprising.

That one holds with it an unusual representative of this scent cathegory in hands, however, not.

From Lehmann I am used to rather classical fragrances. But you always get high quality and something special at the same time. With Oud or Mol Intens he meets the spirit of the time and that pleases me very much.

The fragrance starts with a dry, dark woody steam, but after 10 seconds it gives way to a synthetic, medicinal scent. It smells like hospital, old gauze bandages, iodine. And not too little of it. Sounds worse than it is, oud lovers know (and appreciate) this smell. The medical smell, however, soon fades into the background, but remains present and forms a sterile yellow glow that makes for a certain aloofness. Important: Lehmann does not build a gourmand cuddly oud here.
Behind this aloofness the fragrance unfolds, becomes slightly juicy, which clearly suggests saffron. Scratchy, spicy, sugarless honey I also perceive. Likewise a toilsome biting eucalyptus without menthol vibes, the scent of an ecalyptus forest.
Faeces despisers can breathe a sigh of relief, there is absolutely no mucking out of a stable! Each animal is freshly washed and combed, gutted, stuffed and except for a slightly biting aroma, largely odourless.
"Oud" is far away from the fecal, so one of the tigers must smell, which some weirdo keeps as a pet. Hearty little animalism, but a little freshness in the fur. But the warm humid breath of such a tiger lets nevertheless everyone the neck hairs stand up.
More bitter than fresh citric is also central to this fragrance, reinforcing the clean, unapproachable. The bitterness remains almost to the end.
Smoke I miss something, smoky notes are something I generally appreciate in oud scents and I think a soft smoky vanilla or some incense would have done this one good I also perceive something salty, but I can also be mistaken.
Towards the heart note our clay becomes softer, sweeter. I smell mainly amber and cinnamon The funny thing is that all the above described is only felt close to the skin.
From a distance you can perceive a wonderfully light, fresh, clean but distinctive oud scent.

I am fascinated by the fact that "Oud" has a certain aloofness in spite of its mass-suited, oud-untypical, low sillage, which is much more elegant than by stink-animalism. It almost reminds me of the arrogance of an ÉGOÏSTE by Chanel.
I find that cleverly solved. I can imagine him very well for the work
The Sillage is really gentle, but the scent disappears with the end of the day when I apply it in the morning.

What's the point of "oud"?
1. The price, just compared to other oud fragrances.
2. The smoothness, we don't have a projection bang here.
3. Tamed, we have no fecal animaloids.
4. Once again a slightly different oud smell.

What's wrong with that?
1. The hospital association
I can recommend the fragrance in any case, even as a blind purchase.

I could even imagine that, layered with something citric, oud gives off a special summer scent Layers is expressly recommended by Lutz Lehmann and is also offered there.

Thank you for reading my comment.
FvSpee
On Oudist Beach Part 4 - I'm so c(o)u(d)te!
The comments that have appeared so far on this fragrance are all highly worth reading and each one is completely accurate in its own way - which is not surprising, as they all come from top perfume authors. And if this elite of testers and commentators here unanimously awards between 8.5 and 9.5 points, then it won't come as a surprise that I also find this fragrance very beautiful. Especially since I have a weakness for Harry Lehmanns products.

This is a real "Lehmann" in terms of linearity, honesty and wearability; he is atypical in terms of strength-raising. "Oud" is a rather quiet fragrance with moderate durability and sillage, absolutely suitable for everyday use and offices, which is a bit ironic, where even the Hesperidics (like "Orange" or "Springfield") among the Lehmann's EdPs like to have a, let's say, old-Berlin clear projection ("Hoppla, here I come") and at least 8 hours durability on their legs
"Oud" is characterized by an interplay between a very fresh, at times citric, at times almost water-like, then again rather eucalyptic-mentholig seeming pole (also something ambry I think imaginable) and a more abysmal and exciting counterpole, which is probably the actually "oudige" one. As far as this opposite pole is concerned, you might think you can recognize a "typical animalistic oud stinkiness", sometimes the whole thing (more precisely the half) goes more in the direction of a gas station-like stinkiness. But although the separation here falls after "diesel" and not before "bliss", the potentially ugly here remains so suggestive that it does not appear unpleasant or even repulsive at all, but rather adds tension and fascination to the beauty.

To my own astonishment, I noticed that although I am anything but an oud lover and oud connoisseur, I have already commented on six oud scents here, namely the three from the Oudistenstrand series, Singular Oud by Urban Scents, Oud 27 by Le Labo and Wood&Spices by Montale. This Lehmann here resembles, as others have already stated, among these six most strongly the (also Berliner!) LeFebvreschen "Singular Oud"; with which likewise a quite powerful, sometimes almost medicinal herbal oil-like dragon-cleaning freshness plays against a moderate, portable, but not boring (and thus very successful) stinkiness.

The striking difference, however, is that the Lehmann (with similar durability and Sillage) is lighter in character, but above all much softer and brighter. The two aforementioned poles are here, as a third, united and integrated by an all-encompassing, almost creamy, warm gentleness, which lets the idea of a gourmand arise moment by moment (but what "Oud" is not, would also be a funny idea to bite on a piece of eagle wood).

Conclusion: Lehmann offers insider tips and niche world marketable fragrances at a small price, not only for the old recipes from the Roaring Twenties (Russian Juchten, Sminta and others), but also for the news from the 21st century, such as this exciting but overall gentle Oud.

The real Zappa fans (I honestly can't count myself among them either) may forgive me if I borrowed the song title from "Sheikh Yerbouti" for the title of this commentary; I don't know exactly why, but it seemed to fit me

by Gaukeleya
by Gaukeleya

Popular Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann

Sminta by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann Lindenblüte by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann Springfield by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann Bahia by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann Feige by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann MOL intens by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann Fougère by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann Larissa by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann Reseda by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann Russische Eau de Cologne by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann Russisch Juchten by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann Verité by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann Surabaya by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann Heliotrop by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann Orange by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann Esterel by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann Flieder by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann Singapore Patchouly by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann Tulpe by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann Nelke by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann