Singapore Patchouly

Singapore Patchouly by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann
Singapore Patchouly is a popular perfume by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann for women and men. The release year is unknown. The scent is earthy-woody. It is still in production.

Submitted by Apicius, last update on 13.08.2020.

Also works as Dortmund Patchouly
For a long time I thought about whether I should write a comment because scents of this kind are rarely my construction site. Nevertheless, like the previous speaker, I know Patchouli only too well; just like him, this has musical reasons, which began in his youth.
Now I really appreciate Lehmann, own four of his perfumes and another dozen as bottlings. Singapore Patchouly seemed to me to be the one that was different from all the others. At first glance or the first olfactory impressions when applying it, it still is.
Enough said, let's get to the scent. This one is indeed very linear and fits in with the other fragrances from Lehmann, which are for example only sandalwood, neroli, lime blossom etc. Lead. The only difference is that Singapore Patchouly is not suitable for layering, which is my subjective opinion.
In any case, after the first application, the scent literally bursts out like a predator that has now been freed and has been put in chains. This is why the prelude is also very intense and its strength is not the same as it will be later, when the symbolic lion has become accustomed to freedom again.

It is very loud and earthy-sweet at the same time, mustiness from old cellars also creeps in. This sweet note is rather heavy, alcoholic in nature, it is sluggish and that makes it more bearable. The longer one stays in this damp cellar or old dungeon, abandoned for ages, the more one is inevitably confronted with an about-turn in the clayey scent. For me, and I don't mean that in a disrespectful way, it smells like used camomile tea bags, but with a spicy note. Since I like to smell chamomile, this is fine for me. The more I think about it, I notice that the fragrance smells more like camomile concentrate, which makes the alcoholic note seem more realistic.
The esteemed Floyd described the maturing of wooden barrels and you can find that again here. Wood which, deep in a vault hewn into the earth, together with its alcoholic content, lasts for years, absorbs the scent of alcohol and releases it irregularly through the pores, becoming darker and darker in the process.
So you can certainly describe the scent well, much more does not happen. With time, the present creation becomes quieter and quieter. We leave the vault, the cellar or the dungeon. It goes up to the daylight and so at some point only a pale memory remains, becomes a premonition (you notice, the scent is still there but it doesn't smell at all
More like really) and disappears.
Patchouly Singapore creates images, creates memories and may not be an olfactory masterpiece, but a fragrance cannot do more than trigger memories and tempt you to linger in these reminiscences. In recognition of this, I would like to recommend the work to anyone who is interested in Patchouli. By the way: in its unexcitedness and its "I won't be disturbed by anyone" attitude, the perfume here again is a typical clay man.
Konsalik
The right dose of darkness and pain
Since I grew a thick beard at an early age, it was easy for me to visit clubs at the age of 16, 17 years without being bothered, where one of me would have had no business to go. At the beginning of the 2000s, the corresponding metal and gothic scales still had a quite distinct scent signature, which I (precocious as I was) perceived primarily within the vital sphere of young women in torn, black tights. The smell ("fragrance" one may hardly call it) of relevant one-dimensional patchouli perfumes has thus saturated itself with indelible associations in this phase of imprinting: The excitement of going out on the weekend, which is only half allowed; the gathering of the "gang" at the tram stop; the dance floor storming to Iron Maiden and Co.; the sweaty conversation with the at least six years older girl at the bar, which you wouldn't be able to get to anyway; the hot ears when it worked out against all odds; the melancholy when you stepped out of her apartment for the last time after half a year...

In short: Patchouli for me is not hippie and unisex, but young, feminine, dark and bittersweet-painful. That's why I always thought that I could only like fragrances with dominant patchouli, but never wear them. The many benevolent reviews and statements on Harry Lehmann's "Singapore Patchouly", which emphasize the decency of the composition, have nevertheless led me to blindly test it.

The first minute after spraying on, a sweet-alcoholic and at the same time spicy-woody chord delights, which makes me think of older single malts matured in sherry barrels (Glendronach, anyone?), before the classic patch cocktail of forest soil and bark mulch makes its first appearance and lasts until the end. Nevertheless, the overall impression remains multi-layered, amber-coloured and radiant throughout the entire fragrance (I can certainly understand the comparison with Ricola made by the previous speaker Gelis). I cannot say exactly which components are responsible for this comparatively distinct liveliness and spice brightness, which very skilfully contain the patchouli note without overlaying it; a problem that is not uncommon with Lehmann fragrances. Apart from a tiny musk and fougère tone, I think I can also see some incorporated aldehydes in the background, which lighten the composition and give it a slightly waxy enamel. Although its durability is by no means exceptional, it shows a linear degradation typical for clay, i.e. the fragrance does not suddenly change to a skin-tight breath after two or three hours. Beautiful!

So I can like AND wear patchouli, because my heart, which is prone to melancholy, remains (almost) unstormed.

Hotelzimmerschrank in Singapur (für Fresh)
by Floyd
auch ein geschenk einer lieben parfuma...
by Couchlock

Popular Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann

Sminta by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann Oud by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann Lindenblüte by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann Springfield by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann Bahia by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann Feige by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann MOL intens by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann Fougère by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann Larissa by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann Reseda by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann Verité by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann Russische Eau de Cologne by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann Russisch Juchten by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann Surabaya by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann Heliotrop by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann Orange by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann Flieder by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann Tulpe by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann Nelke by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann Vamos by Parfum-Individual Harry Lehmann