Mandarava 2019

Mandarava by Parfum Prissana
Mandarava is a popular perfume by Parfum Prissana for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is floral-smoky. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Prin Lomros

CuminCumin
AmberAmber
TuberoseTuberose
Ash tree

Submitted by Can777, last update on 03.12.2021.

Joss Sticks
I don't know what I was expecting from Mandarava but it wasn't this.

Three or four hours in (fifth day of testing) and it is smelling quite heady. I'm debating, at the moment, of washing off or trying to tough it out to see if the perfume settles on me.

Initially I got a hit of vanillic amber, which was joined within a few minutes by strong bonfire smokey notes (which remind me of birch tar but I am sure there are many other materials that can give the bonfire note, and in this case not like smokey bacon crisps but smokey bonfire). I quite like smokey bonfire

At the moment, and for the last several hours, all I can smell is a sickly sweet, raw, unburnt joss stick smell. This smell on me is very dense, thick, heady, and is swamping all else.

Compared with other perfumes I have been testing of late this is very concentrated and one tiny spray from a 2 ml sample spray is powerful to my nose. When I sprayed myself with three (because I had had to with the others) I felt quite giddy for a couple of hours and had to wash off. The scent remaining was rather nice.

Animal flowers
Very animalic and flowery perfume by prin lomros very close to other perfume of one of their brands Prin Perfumes "mandodari". Aldehidic opening which mixed with the flowery vibe gives some vintage character which remind yo an over powered Chanel 5. On the base very animalic and resinous notes which makes the perfume dirtier giving to it personality and giving a good performance. I really like although think maybe i would prefer Maai by bogue profumo, similar but more intense. Very close to dighialev by roja too.

Scent: 8.5
Longevity: 8
Sillage: 7
Quality price: 5
Versatility: 6
Originality: 8
Global: 8.5

Skyflowers
Mandarava is a mountain range or a place near Phuket. She was named after the white goddess and heavenly princess Mandarava who stands for knowledge and consciousness in ancient Buddhism. On all pictures of this goddess there are always lots of exotic flowers to be seen, but on all pictures one stands out especially. The sky flower. It grows in flocks to this place or said mountain range. Prin Lomros not only wanted to pay homage to this flower but also to a very special person with his name giving scent. His grandmother!

The fragrance
Mandarava is an extremely floral fragrance full of exotic flowers. It starts with a surge of jasmine and ylang-ylang. Juicy and tangy green tones of the poplar fig or also called Bodhi tree, which can always be found on Buddhist temples, break through the first impression like soft light. So the scent sloshes around on the sea for a while like a carpet of blossoms. Up and down as if carried by a gentle heartbeat or swell. And then something very touching happens. The scent begins to die! Gradually there is suddenly nothing to smell except for clear and airy aldehydes that are gently recognizable. Personally I know Aldehyde only at the beginning of a perfume, here it is built in the middle part. After a few minutes the fragrance starts to live again, but on a completely different level. All flowers and blossoms return, but gently carried on smoke, oud and spices. Warm tones of cinnamon and Nagarmotha can be seen. Delicate chords of lotus gently resonate and lay gently on a bed of oak moss and earthy golden patchouli to rest before being covered with resinous tones of amber and frankincense. Again this scent of Prin Lomros is very hard to put into words. It's like an interplay of ebb and flow. A bright and dark play of many beautiful flowers, smoke, resins and spices. A transformation from this world to another!

Conclusion
Mandarava dedicated Prin to his grandmother, who died a few years ago. It is for him the interpretation of Trayastrimsa. The paradise where his grandmother is waiting for him when his time has come and he finally sees her again. He told me it took him two years to complete Mandarava. He wanted to live up to paradise and his grandmother. In my opinion, he succeeded! I, too, was raised by my grandmother. She also died a few years ago and is no longer with me. I owe so much to her and I am so infinitely grateful for everything she once did for me. She lived with me until she died. That's why I know what this fragrance means to Prin! My grandmother used to wear nonchalance. Luckily, you don't come across this perfume too often anymore. It would break my heart to recognize it by a small, fragile, older lady!

When the sky conquers the earth and brings a loved one to itself it rains celestial flowers,...so they say in Thailand.

What a beautiful faith and thought!

Popular Parfum Prissana

Ma Nishtana by Parfum Prissana Nesnás Qareen by Parfum Prissana Häxan by Parfum Prissana Nimitr by Parfum Prissana Le Cirque Bleu by Parfum Prissana Thichila by Parfum Prissana Mohragot by Parfum Prissana Tom Yum by Parfum Prissana Chetyre by Parfum Prissana Savitri by Parfum Prissana Hayra by Parfum Prissana Natsumeku / 夏めく by Parfum Prissana Nefer by Parfum Prissana Apsarah by Parfum Prissana Maruyama / 丸山 by Parfum Prissana Narasimha by Parfum Prissana Vallée des Roses by Parfum Prissana Tiwa by Parfum Prissana