Maruyama 丸山 (2019)

Maruyama / 丸山 by Parfum Prissana

Maruyama is a new perfume by Parfum Prissana for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is green-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Prin Lomros

Camomile, Camphor, Artemisia, Marjoram, Frankincense, Rose otto, Angelica, Spikenard, Amyris, Ambrette seed, Cedarwood, Vetiver, Lovage root

Submitted by Maggy4u, last update on 13.07.2020.

Weihrauch
Is that art or can that be on the neck?
Dear community,

first of all i would like to thank Maggy4u for introducing the fragrance from Prissana superb with his comment, thank you Maggy4u!

I hope you will allow me to talk about my experiences with Maruyama.
I became aware of this fragrance through a Youtube video. In it the perfumer, Prin Lomros, is interviewed about his new fragrances.
Not only his basically sympathetic nature (which I miss especially with Geza Schön and other representatives), but also the ingenious description and explanation about the background of the fragrance appealed to me immediately. I directly ordered a generous sample package from Strangers and Prissana.

Arrived, unpacked, "wow, he's really blue." First impression: "Actually, it smells a bit like glue, plastic, paper and spiced smoke".
As is so often the case, however, the facets of a fragrance only become clear after wearing it several times. And my (sorry) face guys, THIS is a complex and novel scent.

Immediately after application, an aura of green/blue flowers (without becoming floral) and Thai spices (without becoming gourmand or "greasy/sticky") will surround you.
As mentioned in my statement; despite over 200 tested fragrances, I cannot clearly grasp and describe this head and heart note.

Once the fragrance has dried, an absolutely new incense will caress you for a good 6 hours. Prin Lomros is a big incense fan and this comes (as already mentioned) also clearly to carry. But not in the classical Christian, sacred version but in a more "open", "burning", "warm", "archaic-ritual" way.
I actually see this fragrance as a 24/7/12 fragrance, a classic "evergreen". Still, he's no crowdpleaser.
For me, Maruyama is a door-opener. A door that I was actually no longer able to reach. Every time I discovered a new fragrance house, or even a good fragrance that moved in with me, I thought, "so this is what the next level of this journey feels like". But the house of Prissana and all of Maruyama (Ma Nishtana, Tom Yum, Thichila will follow) does not show me another step, but a completely new door. A door into an unknown house. A little house. A house in which I can and was allowed to discover quality, creativity, free spirits and independence. Especially since so many works of a perfumer inspire me lastingly...

The wooden lid, the 30ml, the 100% natural ingredients, the blue colour (comes from the blue chamomile) and the list of fragrances on the label are actually only decorative accessories for this fragrance.

Thanks a lot Prin.
Thanks a lot Community for reading

Saporro-shi
Maruyama is a mountain in the prefecture of Hokkaido, near the island capital Saporro. It was the herbs and flower gardens of the region that inspired Prin to create this fragrance.

Deep green, spicy and herbaceous is Maruyama. Powerful and full of spiritual energy. Camphor, camomile and frankincense dominate and create much less a classic fragrance than an emotional fragrance picture.

Herbs whose aroma is so strong that the air fills with their spirit. Those who sometimes smell into their spice cupboard should think about the factor 10 of living plants in order to get a rough impression.

Everything pulsates with life and at the same time it is the nearby Hokkaido Shrine that finds its way into the fragrance through smoke.

A travel diary. Moments.
In the fragrance.

For about 7 hours I'm in Japan.
And I don't want to go back.

PS: Maruyama is part of the new Thammachatr series, which is 100% natural. So I don't want it to contain any chemicals. The bright blue colour of the fragrance comes from the blue chamomile used in the region. :)

Popular Parfum Prissana

Nesnás Qareen by Parfum Prissana Ma Nishtana by Parfum Prissana Nimitr by Parfum Prissana Häxan by Parfum Prissana Mandarava by Parfum Prissana Thichila by Parfum Prissana Le Cirque Bleu by Parfum Prissana Natsumeku / 夏めく by Parfum Prissana Apsarah by Parfum Prissana Mohragot by Parfum Prissana Narasimha by Parfum Prissana Tom Yum by Parfum Prissana