Café by Parfums Café
Café is a perfume by Parfums Café for women and was released in 1979. The scent is spicy-oriental. It is being marketed by Cofinluxe / Cofci.

Lime, Verbena, Mugwort, Rose, Rosemary, Patchouli

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 03.07.2020.

Glitter and Be Gay
Prior to testing Café, I happened to generously pour a vintage Opium over my whole hand; I should've removed the cap very carefully and quietly, especially when it was a splash bottle apparently filled to the brim. A literally eye-opening experience... whatever meagre amount of caffeine the Black flanker claims to contain, the original was worthier to be named "café" or rather "espresso (doppio)" instead, judging by the effect it had on my mind.

Despite many people likening it to Opium, Café Café for me does not show much resemblance albeit from the same category. My first and foremost association was Christmas: Spicy and warm, a carnelian with golden glitters if I were to ascribe a certain colour. Also of Glühwein, the hot mulled wine offered at Christmas markets without its sweetness and alcohol.
Café has a strong floral note with an herbal accent that adds a somewhat old-fashioned touch - otherwise, it could be quite unisex due to the lack of sugar, and certainly 'out of time' in the current olfactory scenery. I did not perceive the patchouli nor anything else that would ground the fragrance, and hence, it appears to me light and weightless like a skeleton sketch of a house, with enough room for the air to breeze through.

Café is an airy and spicy, non-musky floriental with a retro flair and might suit people who are looking for a (rarer) lightweight from this category that could be compatible for daily use, even at the workplace.
2.5

Daisyvision
Mmm, I just love that spicy incense & patchouli!
I recently snagged a cheap perfume lot from eBay for one bottle alone (Coty's Nokomis), and got four additional bottles I'd neither tried or even heard of - Cafe included. I wasn't expecting much, but found myself very pleasantly surprised. A delicious, creamy and mysterious oriental, packed with spice and woods.

Cafe does bear a striking resemblance to Opium, but there are a few differences. First, the price for Cafe is incredible (currently $12.50 on Amazon for 3oz). Of course, it may not last terribly long, but at that price, you won't mind refreshing the scent throughout the day if need be. It's less potent than Opium, which makes it a little more accessible and possibly less offensive, sillage-wise. It's on the creamier and sweeter side, where Opium is more of an ancient, smoky frankincense blend. It's perhaps a little more dated/less timeless than Opium, and very obviously '70s, but this just gives it a cool vintage vibe in my opinion. Perfect for your inner gypsy!

Cheap Trick
This fragrance is better than I expected. Sure i read all the great reviews and I see it listed often as an unsung hero. This was a blind buy for me and I knew I would love it but, who knew I would really love it a lot? It's very spicy, warm, and smooth.

It's a lot like CK Obsession without the finesse and fine tuning. I'm surprised that this has an oriental vibe considering the notes listed. I tend to be turned off by citrus notes but somehow the lime in this fragrance is so slick it just slid right past my nose.

I should have bought this one sooner especially since it's so inexpensive. I like this way better than many of my pricier perfumes. Thank you everyone for suggesting it, I love it!

LucielizLucieliz 20 months ago
It's very similar to Tabu by Dana, so oriental and deep old fashioned fragrance.
The prominent notes are amber, sandalwood, clove and honey.

Falsche Beeren, Duft riecht auch nicht nach Kaffee:).
by Zora
Mehr Kaffee im Namen als im Duft. Ein oder zwei Böhnchen in der Basis.
by Zora
by Daisyvision
by Madkat
by Madkat

Popular Parfums Café

Homme de Café by Parfums Café Caféina by Parfums Café Café-Café pour Femme by Parfums Café Café Gold Label by Parfums Café Café Black Label by Parfums Café