Rush of Unicorns 2018

Rush of Unicorns by Parfums Vintage
Rush of Unicorns is a popular perfume by Parfums Vintage for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is fresh-aquatic. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesSea saltSea salt
LavenderLavender
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwoodSandalwood
White amberWhite amber
AmbergrisAmbergris

Submitted by Achilles, last update on 07.04.2021.

Rush of salt without Unicorns
Parfums Vintage has become known primarily as a clone house with dozens of variants of Creed Aventus, which seems to represent a science of its own in perfumery. I discovered Rush of Unicorns as absolute hype almost two years ago as perhaps the most popular new summer scent within the Parfums Vintage product line. At first I didn't realize that the fragrance was inspired by Creed Millesime Imperial, and I probably didn't care. A few weeks later, I bought a bottling at Parfums Vintage. I'd never smelled this salty marine accord on a perfume before and immediately found it very appealing! My thought: The Hype is real.

Nevertheless, I waited until a few weeks ago to buy a 50ml bottle of this fragrance, although it had been on my wish list ever since I first tested it. Now I could test it extensively and I have to admit that I regret having spent about 80 dollars on it. Why? Well, this salt accord is original, summery and invigorating, but it is just too dominant throughout the fragrance. Top note: Lemon - where? Melon - with some imagination. Heart note: currant - flashes briefly for 30 seconds. Lavender - yes, you can feel it a little bit and gives the otherwise marine and salty tone at least a slightly floral character. Base note: honestly, I don't know. I smell only salt and light aquatic from beginning to end and a little lavender in between. The same game really from beginning to end. Durability and sillage are pretty bad, as you can also hear with Millesime Imperial. With luck Rush of Unicorns on my skin has a shelf life of just over three hours. Maybe Parfums Vintage copied a bit too much of Creed here, when clone houses usually claim better durability...

I have to admit that until just under two weeks ago I had no direct comparison with Millesime Imperial and therefore could not evaluate to what extent Rush of Unicorns is actually based on Creed. Since I had the luck to test MI, I knew that Rush of Unicorns is inspired by it but somehow acts independently. MI already has these beautiful fruit nuances of melons etc. in the top note. The salt accord nestles discreetly to it and gives the fragrance a unisex character. The fruitiness remains with MI for a while, while I'm desperately looking for it with Rush of Unicorns. As for the scent character, I like MI much better, but it's not worth the money for the performance.

In a Youtube review I learned that Rush of Unicorns is supposed to be more similar to older Millesime Imperial Batches. I don't have the comparison, only the comparison with what I recently got to know. So maybe the older batches were more salty? Well, in the end, Rush of Unicorns doesn't have a happy, creative "unicorn scent" that is versatile and light. It is far too linear for my taste. Unfortunately, I cannot recommend it to others

Very well done
Very well done. The opening reminds me somewhat of Fahrenheit maybe because of the Sandalwood, Bergamot and Lavender notes. There's a bit of gasoline going on at the start but then it changes to a salty, fruity, sea breeze vibe. All in all a fresh, clean and bold fragrance. I like it.

Golcher
I don't seem to get that good performance from RoU
I see people raving about the great longevity of this fragrance and I don't get it. Is it me, is it my skin? I get a below average longevity with almost none projection! Once I applied like 8 sprays and 5 mins later my girlfriend asked me to reapply cause she could hardly pick up anything, she didn't know I had just applied it.

Performance aside the scent is quite good, very nice and soft for a summer day with a prominent melon note in the opening and a salty feel, very mellow. There is some lavander and iris in there too but at least I can hardly notice them.

I never tried Millesime Imperial so I don't know how similar they are but judging Rush of Unicorns by it's own merit is a quite nice scent

BumpyumaBumpyuma 1 year ago
Good smell - Needs heat - below average projection and longevity. Still there after an 1.5 hours and a shower - but still close to the skin.
ItchynoseItchynose 2 years ago
Aquatic and soapy with a clean yet harsh fabric softener vibe.

by Golcher
by Robvalvarez
by Froods
by Froods

Popular Parfums Vintage

Emperor Extrait (Extrait) by Parfums Vintage Sandal Amber by Parfums Vintage Vanilla Intense by Parfums Vintage Intrigo Devastante Intense by Parfums Vintage Imbue by Parfums Vintage Evolution de L'Homme Soir by Parfums Vintage Pineapple Vintage Intense The One by Parfums Vintage Emperor (Eau de Parfum) by Parfums Vintage Pineapple Vintage X Batch by Parfums Vintage Isla Tropical Prive by Parfums Vintage Emerald Isle by Parfums Vintage Soir Intense by Parfums Vintage Pineapple Vintage Intense by Parfums Vintage Pour Homme Intense by Parfums Vintage Oriental Woods by Parfums Vintage King by Parfums Vintage Suave by Parfums Vintage Pineapple Vintage Beyond Noir by Parfums Vintage Haciventus by Parfums Vintage Emperor Maximus Extrait (Extrait) by Parfums Vintage