Vanilla Intense 2018

Vanilla Intense by Parfums Vintage
Vanilla Intense is a popular perfume by Parfums Vintage for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is citrusy-fruity. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesPineapplePineapple
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouliPatchouli
MuskMusk
AmbergrisAmbergris
BirchBirch

Submitted by Beni69, last update on 20.07.2021.

More like Aventus Intense
That this fragrance is very close to the base of Aventus is no longer a secret. In general, Parfums Vintage seems to have a preference for the pineapple, even if not all creations from this house with such a fruit on the bottle have a reference to it. Whoever wants to understand that ... but is also for this review no matter, because it is about "Vanilla Intense".

Well, so the theme of Aventus, whether intended or not, is served here anyway best. Said pineapple comes in nice and fresh - plus some apple and juniper, though the two aren't really identifiable. Let's say: something citrusy-fruity to it and you have a fine exotic mixture. I like it so quite well and for Aventus lovers it could certainly go on for hours.

But I ask myself, where is the vanilla mentioned in the name and eagerly awaited? In addition, it is supposed to be even intense.
This morning I had sprayed from a small filling of the Eau de Parfum something and now it is already late evening. From vanilla despite long shelf life unfortunately so far no trace. If at all, then extremely timid in the drydown as background accompaniment. Strangely, all the other players mentioned, such as patchouli, musk or ambergris are also missing. Would have been otherwise relatively schnurz to me. But if the whole thing is called "Vanilla Intense", then I expect those too. Especially since I was more than curious about the combination of pineapple or Aventus and vanilla and thus severely disappointed.

No idea if something was wrong with my bottling or if Parfums Vintage has even greater fluctuations with the batches than Creed, but it would not surprise me if some blind buyers react extremely snuffy.

Because I just had olfactory ravenous appetite for vanilla, I allowed myself the experiment this Aventus clone (or should one write homage?) with Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain to layer. The result is more than sniffable and is about what I had imagined Vanilla Intense to be like. While quite sweet, it's nicely exotically tangy with a wonderfully creamy top. For this I would have jumped guaranteed 9 to 10 points, so it remains unfortunately only with a lot of benevolence 7.5 - although I would have to deduct for the misleading name easily again a whole point.

Decent
This is nice. The vanilla is the top player in this scent. Not my favourite out of the PV range but I could happily wear this for any occasion. It smells pleasant and it performs well for hours on end. Best to get a PV sample set first to try out which release fits best on your person.

Uncertainly Good...
I’m reviewing a sample I purchased from Parfums Vintage.

I’ve owned PVI for a while now and really enjoy its slightly sour, bright, juicy, and birch supported scent character. Neither PVI nor VI smells like my decant of Aventus exactly, but they both capture qualities of it. I do feel as though VI brings the same sparkle with its citrus blend as Aventus—as the bergamot and apple make more of a presence to my nose—but that is where the similarities between Aventus and VI end for me. I really could see myself wearing VI quite often, as the comparable Cedrat Boise by Mancera is sweeter and smells more of a fruity pulp, which isn’t always desired (que high heat). VI brings some sweetness, while maintaining a zesty vibrancy... and I really love that aspect of it.

However, the dry down to my sample reveals a mild synthetic sting on my skin. Perhaps the juice needs to sit longer, in which case I will update my review, but for now... I’m slightly disappointed in that one characteristic, of which PVI (nor any of the other 5 Parfums Vintage samples I’ve tried) have presented on dry down.

Performance is strong, but I’m not convinced to buy a full bottle yet. The success of Parfums Vibtage as a company is undeniable when it comes to logistics, but I can’t really say I agree with the rising prices over the years. Quality seems always good and I won’t really comment on the ethics of an inspired house like Parfums Vintage, really what it comes down to is price/value proposition and I think VI is a little steeper than I would like.

Good? Yes. Do I love it? Undecided—which may be an indication that I don’t and am trying to love it regardless. I admire Cedrat Boise more, as it has something more to it, which Vanilla Intense lacks IMO. I can’t put my finger on it, other than the turn off of that mild synthetic obstruction. Sample and judge for yourself! As for me: I think I’ll upgrade my Cedrat Boise decant to a full bottle. I always go back to it.

Pineapple & Vanilla = Vanilla Intense
SOTD: 12/19/18

Parfums Vintage Vanilla Intense (Sample Decant)

Received a sample decant from Parfums Vintage, to test out Vanilla Intense. To my nose I scent more Pineapple in the opening and when dry down hits the Vanilla begins to come in and is well blended with the Pineapple, Vanilla Intense has that gourmandish feel. In which I love. Made this a SOTD as of 12/19/18. Can't wait to get a full bottle of this juice.

Rating

Scent: 9/10
Presentation/Design: 8/10
Longevity/Performance: 9/10: lasted on my skin and still going on 12+ hrs
Overall: 9/10

ToreterToreter 2 years ago
This is just an Aventus clone.PERIOD
ItchynoseItchynose 2 years ago
Couldn't find much vanilla myself. Ambergris Intense or Ambentus would have been more appropriate names.

by Golcher
by Golcher
by Froods
by Froods

Popular Parfums Vintage

Emperor Extrait (Extrait) by Parfums Vintage Sandal Amber by Parfums Vintage Imbue by Parfums Vintage Pineapple Vintage Intense The One by Parfums Vintage Intrigo Devastante Intense by Parfums Vintage Emperor (Eau de Parfum) by Parfums Vintage Evolution de L'Homme Soir by Parfums Vintage Isla Tropical Prive by Parfums Vintage Rush of Unicorns by Parfums Vintage Emerald Isle by Parfums Vintage Soir Intense by Parfums Vintage Pineapple Vintage X Batch by Parfums Vintage Pineapple Vintage Intense by Parfums Vintage Pour Homme Intense by Parfums Vintage Suave by Parfums Vintage Haciventus by Parfums Vintage Citrus No.1 by Parfums Vintage King by Parfums Vintage Pineapple Vintage Beyond Noir by Parfums Vintage Pineapple Vintage Intense Gold by Parfums Vintage